PDA

View Full Version : I am so sick of the homers on this Board!!

HHURRICANE
12-27-2009, 04:54 PM
It's one thing to be a fan but it's another to ignore the obvious. I went to the game today and I have to comeback and read ridiculous threads about how Brohm looked good and has skills, blah, blah, blah...

The guy is not a rookie in this league. If he was a rookie player making his first start than maybe I'd cut him a little more slack. The guy has been a 2 year NFL experiment and he looked terrible today. He had a 43 QB rating.

This is the same crap I read when Fewell took over. "Look at his energy", "he has more emotion", blah, blah, blah. Fewell sucks, I'd take Jauron back because at least his teams didn't mail it in like this team did today. It was disgusting to watch especially with so many Bills fans there today.

Back to Brohm. He sucks. Today was his day to prove that he didn't belong on the practice squad in Green Bay. He played like crap. And the unbiased Falcons fans agreed.

Leave the homer crap off the board because it makes the fans on this board look stupid. A guy didn't have a good, decent, or even mediocre game when he has 0TDs, 2 INTS, and a 43 QB rating.

MikeInRoch
12-27-2009, 05:03 PM
And just about everyone on the board is sick of you. So it works out.

DrGraves
12-27-2009, 05:04 PM
I think the person we need to be criticizing is the person in charge of our strength and conditioning. How can a team compete with 18 guys on IR?

HHURRICANE
12-27-2009, 05:09 PM
And just about everyone on the board is sick of you. So it works out.

They are sick of me pointing out the obvious that they choose to ignore. All the crap I took about this o-line back in March and how did that work out?

The good news for those who have issues with me is that if the Bills try to waltz Jim Haslett or some other retread in here I'll be finished once and for all here.

This is Ralphy's last shot to prove he's not a liar while taking advantage of an over rabid football fan base.

MikeInRoch
12-27-2009, 05:12 PM
I thought you were already finished...

HHURRICANE
12-27-2009, 05:16 PM
I thought you were already finished...

Do you remeber why I said that? Because I said when they let Peters, and Dockery walk that they weren't serious about winning. I was 100% right.

The only reason I've held on is to see if Ralph is now truely serious about making the commitment to winning.

I doubt he is so this will be it for me if I'm right. I am actually an extremely positive person but I am a winner and I don't root for perpetual losers. It becomes a waste of time for me at some point.

DrGraves
12-27-2009, 05:20 PM
I do agree with you to some extent HH... some people are delusional about some of the players on our roster.

for instance:
poz fans
whitner fans
steve johnson fans

PECKERWOOD
12-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Posluszny is good, the rest aren't very good. Whitner is the king of late hits and Steve Johnson hasn't really had a chance..

patmoran2006
12-27-2009, 05:25 PM
They are sick of me pointing out the obvious that they choose to ignore. All the crap I took about this o-line back in March and how did that work out?

The good news for those who have issues with me is that if the Bills try to waltz Jim Haslett or some other retread in here I'll be finished once and for all here.

This is Ralphy's last shot to prove he's not a liar while taking advantage of an over rabid football fan base.
You seem quite brilliant at pointing out the obvious after the fact.

had Brohm thrown for 300 yards and 3 touchdowns you'd be bragging that you craved him playing from the day he was signed

BillsWin
12-27-2009, 05:26 PM
He didn't play well, but considering how awful the offensive line is, and how little reps he has gotten, the fact that he was plucked off a practice squad and that he has barley had time to learn the system. I think that all that considered and he didn't play much worse then Edwards or Fitzpatrick. Not saying alot, but I am numb to the team and a prospect like Brohm is the only thing keeping me watching the games.

patmoran2006
12-27-2009, 05:31 PM
to make matters worse, the VAST people on here werent calling Brohm the savior, they were clamoring for him to play to see what he has, and you have to be a complete toolbox to judge ANY QB on one NFL start when he's run the offense he's starting for, for four freegin days.

And guys like J. Scott and Chambers protecting him.. Seriously man, you're beyond brutal.

SpillerThrills
12-27-2009, 05:47 PM
The guy is not a rookie in this league. If he was a rookie player making his first start than maybe I'd cut him a little more slack. The guy has been a 2 year NFL experiment and he looked terrible today. He had a 43 QB rating.

while I'm not saying that he is the savior of the team, or that he can even take us to the playoffs, it sounded like Brohm did play a DECENT game. I didn't get to see the game as I was traveling, but I was listening to it on Sirius. what people aren't pointing out, is that today WAS Brohms first regular season start.

TedMock
12-27-2009, 05:52 PM
that's cool that you got to go to the game and I'm glad you got drunk there. That's what tailgates are for. I have not posted yet today, so like you, I'm just getting to read everything. I do not think most are saying Brohm came out and kicked doopie today. I read it as Brohm came in under horrible conditions and actually looked better than what we have seen. Not that it means much beyond that - just that he looks better than what we have seen. That's true. He has looked better than what we have seen. I did not go to the game. I watched it on my 50 inch flat screen - the same one I watched 15 games on this year. I went to one game. I have seasons, but live over 400 miles away. I agree with you that he did not look good, but you are incorrect about it being his first start. It was indeed his first start. He has about a month on the team and one week with first team reps. He also has injured 4th string players around him. He was not good. Just better than what we have seen.

PECKERWOOD
12-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Come on guys, you're really bumming me out.. People are really defending Brohm here?

New Ro's Greatest
12-27-2009, 06:09 PM
It was his 1st career start! You can be a rookie or a 7 year vet your 1st start won't go like you want. Come on homie! It is obvious we need to get a QB this upcoming offseason. Have you really seen better from this team this season? GO BILLS:clown:

bigbub2352
12-27-2009, 06:11 PM
anyway u look at it the only thing that needs to happen at OBD is CHANGE
a change of players and depth
strength and conditioning
coaching
front office
Schemes
all the way down to who makes the popcorn and over priced nachos
this is the saddest team in my lifetime and i hate what i see each week
Complete rebuild that should have started last yr

ddaryl
12-27-2009, 06:18 PM
hey HH

go **** yourself

Mr. Pink
12-27-2009, 06:19 PM
to make matters worse, the VAST people on here werent calling Brohm the savior, they were clamoring for him to play to see what he has, and you have to be a complete toolbox to judge ANY QB on one NFL start when he's run the offense he's starting for, for four freegin days.

And guys like J. Scott and Chambers protecting him.. Seriously man, you're beyond brutal.

Yes, just like people like me were complete toolboxes for judging Losman after his first NFL appearance, hell from the second he was drafted.

Look how that one turned out.

shelby
12-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Seriously, guys, we're all frustrated. But stop the personal attacks. Seriously.

Kthanksbai

kingJofNYC
12-27-2009, 06:22 PM
You were an ardent Edwards supporter, how did that work out? How did the waiting game go with him? Excuses every week. I'm not sure Brohm is going to be anything in the NFL, but I'm not going to kill the kid after a single start, especially with the **** he has in front of him.

PECKERWOOD
12-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Edwards is still the best QB on our roster, despite what anybody else here says. What did you guys expect when we traded Peters and cut Walker? Brandon and Modrak deserved to be fired for those two decisions alone, I couldn't careless about Dockery though.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-27-2009, 07:15 PM
brohm proved why he was on a practice squad for 2 years.... he needs more practice

Akhippo
12-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Yeah, If Peters were here our season would be saved. Whatever.

Brohm looked as good as the other two starters this year. AS GOOD. This from a guy with no starts and a guy playing LT today that NOBODY can name right now.

The only reason I watched today was to see Brohm. Other than that its a dumpster fire.

Ground Chuck
12-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Other than that its a dumpster fire.

A perfect way to describe this season.

mark1126
12-27-2009, 08:56 PM
I agree...even players that suck in reality compared to other teams like Brohm, actually look ok in Buffalo but thats because they are being compared to to crappy players on the bills roster like trent and ryan ..homers!!!! stop the insanity...

Mr. Pink
12-27-2009, 08:59 PM
Yeah, If Peters were here our season would be saved. Whatever.

Brohm looked as good as the other two starters this year. AS GOOD. This from a guy with no starts and a guy playing LT today that NOBODY can name right now.

The only reason I watched today was to see Brohm. Other than that its a dumpster fire.

Then you must have been disappointed that Brohm fit right in with that dumpster fire today.

Brohm was no better than anything we've seen the past 5 seasons, he's just more of the same crap.

YardRat
12-27-2009, 09:07 PM
I think he looked good enough to bring into camp next season. We still need a vet FA and a rookie draft pick though.

I hope Brohm starts again next week so we can get more 'book' on him.

Ingtar33
12-27-2009, 09:30 PM

i couldn't have said it better

trapezeus
12-27-2009, 10:24 PM
having a pro-level ol squad would have cut down the penalties, in turn cutting down a ton of 3rd and longs we never converted on and won some TOP so we could finish games.

the fact they would rather go with a line with no depth than keep underperforming servicable people in dockery and walker with zero depth is unforgivable of t he team....all the qb's look the same because they are all being put into an unwinnable situation.

This isn't a matter of getting 4 seconds and making the wrong read, they have to throw immediately and hope that the basic offense they are running isn't being read clearly by smarter coaches. That out pass that brohm got picked off at the end was literally one of 3 types of passes being made all day. the coaches don't cut it out, they don't make adjustments and there is no time.

What are you possibly going to evaluate brohm on? the fact that he remained standing for an entire 60 minutes?

CoolBreeze
12-28-2009, 07:14 AM
It was his 1st career start! You can be a rookie or a 7 year vet your 1st start won't go like you want. Come on homie! It is obvious we need to get a QB this upcoming offseason. Have you really seen better from this team this season? GO BILLS:clown:

Steve Buerlein said it best. Brohm has effectively had to learn a new language in 5 weeks. I know HH could learn Chinese in 5 weeks, go to China, and solve all of our problems, but that's him. Judging Brohm on 1 game proves how moronic this thread is. I don't think Brohm is the savior of this organization, but I do think he no worse than Fitzpatrick or Edwards. A loss is a loss. Sure he put up 3 points. But, he didn't get torched by Roddy White. He didn't get the ball stripped out of his hands for a TD.

Jan Reimers
12-28-2009, 07:27 AM
We're fans. We know we're a bad team, in need of big changes. But as fans, we try to find a little hope, too. And we're not going to throw Brohm under the bus in his first start, particularly when he had no O-Line, no running game, and the D was terrible.

Anyone that is so sick of the Bills and their fans is free to leave this board, find a new team, or whatever. But at least stop the name calling. It's ridiculous.

ddaryl
12-28-2009, 08:30 AM
Anyone that is so sick of the Bills and their fans is free to leave this board, find a new team, or whatever. But at least stop the name calling. It's ridiculous.

Look who you are replying to... It's pretty much all he is capable of :nuk:

HHURRICANE
12-28-2009, 09:19 AM
You seem quite brilliant at pointing out the obvious after the fact.

had Brohm thrown for 300 yards and 3 touchdowns you'd be bragging that you craved him playing from the day he was signed

Pat, you know that's not true but nice try. Look up my threads related to the o-line in Feb and March.

HHURRICANE
12-28-2009, 09:23 AM
having a pro-level ol squad would have cut down the penalties, in turn cutting down a ton of 3rd and longs we never converted on and won some TOP so we could finish games.

the fact they would rather go with a line with no depth than keep underperforming servicable people in dockery and walker with zero depth is unforgivable of t he team....all the qb's look the same because they are all being put into an unwinnable situation.

This isn't a matter of getting 4 seconds and making the wrong read, they have to throw immediately and hope that the basic offense they are running isn't being read clearly by smarter coaches. That out pass that brohm got picked off at the end was literally one of 3 types of passes being made all day. the coaches don't cut it out, they don't make adjustments and there is no time.

What are you possibly going to evaluate brohm on? the fact that he remained standing for an entire 60 minutes?

I love this post for one reason. If you put Fitz, Brohm, and Edwards in camp with a decent o-line and asked them to play it out for the starter job Edwards would win every time.

The problem is the o-line first and foremost. If you don't think Edwards is the guy than we need to go out and get the guy because he's the best QB on the team. It's not Fitz or brohm and that's for sure.

yordad
12-28-2009, 09:28 AM
Yes, just like people like me were complete toolboxes for judging Losman after his first NFL appearance, hell from the second he was drafted.

Look how that one turned out.What? Is this a joke? You can judge people by the time they are drafted? You are in the wrong field. You did get one part right though Mr. Toolbox.

Griff
12-28-2009, 09:46 AM
I do agree with you to some extent HH... some people are delusional about some of the players on our roster.

for instance:
poz fans
whitner fans
steve johnson fans

poz has been fine, if we had a decent front 7 and he moved to OLB he'd be great.

THATHURMANATOR
12-28-2009, 09:49 AM
Brohm looked Horrible for sure.
Only thing that I liked was it seemed he had pretty decent arm strength.

Tough to learn much else from him when "Ramsey" was playing LT.

Maybe the Colts will rest EVERYONE and it will be a nice preseason/Practice game for him next week.

Bill Cody
12-28-2009, 09:51 AM
<TABLE class=w655px cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR class=datatabledatahead><TD>WK</TD><TD>Game Date</TD><TD>Opp</TD><TD>Result</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>GS</TD><TD>Comp</TD><TD>Att</TD><TD>Pct</TD><TD>Yds</TD><TD>Avg</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>Int</TD><TD>Sck</TD><TD>SckY</TD><TD>Rate</TD><TD>Att</TD><TD>Yds</TD><TD>Avg</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>FUM</TD><TD>Lost</TD><TR><TR class=whiteback><TD>1</TD><TD>09/06 </TD><TD>MIA (http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=MIA)</TD><TD>L 15-24 </TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>56.8</TD><TD>302</TD><TD>8.2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>58.6</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD></TR><TR class=ltblueback><TD>2</TD><TD>09/13 </TD><TD>@ NE (http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=NE)</TD><TD>L 6-29 </TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>63.6</TD><TD>188</TD><TD>5.7</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>51.1</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR class=whiteback><TD>3</TD><TD>09/20 </TD><TD>@ NYJ (http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=NYJ)</TD><TD>L 6-44 </TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>44</TD><TD>45.5</TD><TD>193</TD><TD>4.4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>39.3</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Hopefully Brohm won't turn out as bad as this guy. 8 picks in 3 games? Can't believe the coaches gave this guy a 4th start.