• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Kyle Williams & Even Stroud Need To Go

Ray Lewis in his prime would look like a backup behind these 2 stiffs.

No more feel good stories about Wlliams, who has shorter arms than my daughter and cannot anchor or get off his blocks 9 out of 10 plays. You have to extend your arms and keep your legs moving to change directions, rather than belly bump the Guard while the RB runs right through the large hole you're supposed to occupy. He's brutal beyond belief and is not starting material, much like a dozen other players.

Stroud, due to age or injury, looks painfully slow and cannot anchor. Hard to believe they extended him. I'm surprised with his bad play. He was good last season

Look at those massive holes up the middle. Yeah..it's all Poz.

Take that observation and stick it.
    Last edited by Night Train; 12-27-2009, 05:09 PM.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Re: Kyle Williams & Even Stroud Need To Go

How about Chris Draft? Does he need to go?

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

i completely agree, alot of money is tied to this Dline
      Williams makes one good play then disappears for 10
      Stroud makes 1 play every 2 games
      McCargo is useless
      Johnson is a backup making good money
      Denney is usless
      Schobel is way overpaid
      Kelsay is Usless
      Maybin is Lost
      Eliis is a bust
      Then people wonder why Poz cant make plays, he is engulfed on every play not to mention in this crap scheme is 7-8yds off the ball looking to cover WRs instead of playing the run
      Draft is a bum
      Ellison is a bum
      Buggs is a bum
      Stamer is a bum
      Harris and Palmer are rookies with some potential but undersized
      and Corto is a bum
      Mitchell is overpaid and on the wrong side of 30
      we are a mess in our front 7 if anytime to overhaul the makeup of this D its now
      Out with the Old and in with the new its the only way
      I hate this Cover 2
      and oh yeah Whitner is the worst starting safety in the league
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

we all know we need front 7 D help and we all know that DL is in need of a big upgrade alongside QB LB and OL this offseason

but there is no way we can replace everyone.. and Williams and Stroud will be staying IMO
        Last edited by ddaryl; 12-28-2009, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• Beastie Bills
          Senior Zoner
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by bigbub2352
          i completely agree, alot of money is tied to this Dline
          Williams makes one good play then disappears for 10
          Stroud makes 1 play every 2 games
          McCargo is useless
          Johnson is a backup making good money
          Denney is usless
          Schobel is way overpaid
          Kelsay is Usless
          Maybin is Lost
          Eliis is a bust
          Then people wonder why Poz cant make plays, he is engulfed on every play not to mention in this crap scheme is 7-8yds off the ball looking to cover WRs instead of playing the run
          Draft is a bum
          Ellison is a bum
          Buggs is a bum
          Stamer is a bum
          Harris and Palmer are rookies with some potential but undersized
          and Corto is a bum
          Mitchell is overpaid and on the wrong side of 30
          we are a mess in our front 7 if anytime to overhaul the makeup of this D its now
          Out with the Old and in with the new its the only way
          I hate this Cover 2
          and oh yeah Whitner is the worst starting safety in the league
          I agree with pretty much all of this, except for the Kelsay comment. It's hard to call a guy "useless", when he is, by far, our best D-End vs. the Run.

And yes, I know he can never get to the Quarterback. But there's more to playing on the DLine than generating sacks. That's just not his strength, which is why we drafted Maybin (to play on passing downs). Unfortunately, that experiment has failed miserably so far.
          Last edited by Beastie Bills; 12-28-2009, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Agreed on stroud and williams. Stroud gets stuffed at the line every time these days.

As far as Poz, they hold him back but he makes his own mistakes as well. For example, he took a bad angle and got beat to the corner on a run to the outside yesterday, resulting in a forst down.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Poz should be an OLB.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                Poz should be an OLB.
                Very true...

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  Agreed on stroud and williams. Stroud gets stuffed at the line every time these days.

As far as Poz, they hold him back but he makes his own mistakes as well. For example, he took a bad angle and got beat to the corner on a run to the outside yesterday, resulting in a forst down.
                  So, our middle LB got beat to the corner by a speedy RB? Where was the OLB? Where was the DE?
                  "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by yordad
                    So, our middle LB got beat to the corner by a speedy RB? Where was the OLB? Where was the DE?
                    Who cares? Other people not doing their jobs doesn't give poz an excuse to get beat. I hate it when Bills fans excuse mediocity like this.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by yordad
                      I agree. People come down on Poz, which is misdirected. I like Whitner too. I think both of them, without having to constantly clean up the mess, due to lack of any other professionals on this D is holding them back. It is a matter of misdirected angst towards the only guys worth a damn.

I know that everybody feels bad saying anything about Schobel now, because he might take his MILLIONS and go home... buh-bye. Thanks for showing me that sexy stats like sacks can be meaningless. I would love to see some mean, big, physical players on the DL...we are seriously lacking in this department. Poz is a Pro-Bowler waiting for a little support, as is Whitner. Byrd is a bright spot, and the plethora of CB's, should be fine, especially with McKelvin and McGee back healthy.

I, unlike many posters, remember that Mitchell was everywhere before he got hurt, and look forward to seeing him back on the field. The guy gets hurt, and everybody turns their backs on him...dude still has some football left.

As far as LOLB... and the DL, we are hurting. Williams is serviceable, but Stroud has Titsonboar disease, and we should cut bait. The two headed monster known as Kelsay/Denney have never been favorites of mine, so it will not break my hard when I hear the door shut behind them.

I hope we can address the OL, which is only a Tackle, or two, depending on Butler away from being serviceable. I would replace Hangman if I had the opportunity, or move Wood to C, and keep Incogpsycho at RG. Here's to Wood having a successful recovery!!

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                        • Nov 2009

Who cares? Other people not doing their jobs doesn't give poz an excuse to get beat. I hate it when Bills fans excuse mediocity like this.
                        I care.

He is the only one of the front 7 still alive on the play to get beat. He makes an error, which a guy with 1.5 years of playing time tends to do, and takes the wrong angle. He'll figure it out.

I hate when Bills fans attack the wrong guys, by confusing them for mediocre.

Comment

• Griff
                          • Jul 2008

rofl its a team game.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

I am going to defend both Stroud and Williams for two different reasons. Williams has been a solid starter for us considering he should have been playing behind McCargo, not in front of him.

Stroud is a very good football player but he is one guy out there. Does he take some plays off? Yes, he does. So did Bruce Sith, Cornelius Bennet, etc., etc., etc. He's playing at probably 80% right now. Do you blame him? Why get hurt so we can finish 6-10?

I watched Haynesworth yesterday and he's in the same boat as Stroud. They are playing down to the level of the team right now.

The real problem is that we don't have LBs or DEs that are NFL caliber right now. Poz anbd Schobel are both aveerage players at best and they are the best we have out there right now.

Stroud and Williams are not the problem.

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Poz is a better LB than Williams is a DT, and, sadly, Stroud. Which isn't saying much.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X