PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Williams & Even Stroud Need To Go

Night Train
12-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Ray Lewis in his prime would look like a backup behind these 2 stiffs.

No more feel good stories about Wlliams, who has shorter arms than my daughter and cannot anchor or get off his blocks 9 out of 10 plays. You have to extend your arms and keep your legs moving to change directions, rather than belly bump the Guard while the RB runs right through the large hole you're supposed to occupy. He's brutal beyond belief and is not starting material, much like a dozen other players.

Stroud, due to age or injury, looks painfully slow and cannot anchor. Hard to believe they extended him. I'm surprised with his bad play. He was good last season

Look at those massive holes up the middle. Yeah..it's all Poz.

Take that observation and stick it.

PECKERWOOD
12-27-2009, 05:15 PM
How about Chris Draft? Does he need to go?

bigbub2352
12-27-2009, 06:09 PM
i completely agree, alot of money is tied to this Dline
Williams makes one good play then disappears for 10
Stroud makes 1 play every 2 games
McCargo is useless
Johnson is a backup making good money
Denney is usless
Schobel is way overpaid
Kelsay is Usless
Maybin is Lost
Eliis is a bust
Then people wonder why Poz cant make plays, he is engulfed on every play not to mention in this crap scheme is 7-8yds off the ball looking to cover WRs instead of playing the run
Draft is a bum
Ellison is a bum
Buggs is a bum
Stamer is a bum
Harris and Palmer are rookies with some potential but undersized
and Corto is a bum
Mitchell is overpaid and on the wrong side of 30
we are a mess in our front 7 if anytime to overhaul the makeup of this D its now
Out with the Old and in with the new its the only way
I hate this Cover 2
and oh yeah Whitner is the worst starting safety in the league

ddaryl
12-27-2009, 06:20 PM
we all know we need front 7 D help and we all know that DL is in need of a big upgrade alongside QB LB and OL this offseason

but there is no way we can replace everyone.. and Williams and Stroud will be staying IMO

Beastie Bills
12-28-2009, 08:31 AM
i completely agree, alot of money is tied to this Dline
Williams makes one good play then disappears for 10
Stroud makes 1 play every 2 games
McCargo is useless
Johnson is a backup making good money
Denney is usless
Schobel is way overpaid
Kelsay is Usless
Maybin is Lost
Eliis is a bust
Then people wonder why Poz cant make plays, he is engulfed on every play not to mention in this crap scheme is 7-8yds off the ball looking to cover WRs instead of playing the run
Draft is a bum
Ellison is a bum
Buggs is a bum
Stamer is a bum
Harris and Palmer are rookies with some potential but undersized
and Corto is a bum
Mitchell is overpaid and on the wrong side of 30
we are a mess in our front 7 if anytime to overhaul the makeup of this D its now
Out with the Old and in with the new its the only way
I hate this Cover 2
and oh yeah Whitner is the worst starting safety in the league

I agree with pretty much all of this, except for the Kelsay comment. It's hard to call a guy "useless", when he is, by far, our best D-End vs. the Run.

And yes, I know he can never get to the Quarterback. But there's more to playing on the DLine than generating sacks. That's just not his strength, which is why we drafted Maybin (to play on passing downs). Unfortunately, that experiment has failed miserably so far.

OpIv37
12-28-2009, 08:35 AM
Agreed on stroud and williams. Stroud gets stuffed at the line every time these days.

As far as Poz, they hold him back but he makes his own mistakes as well. For example, he took a bad angle and got beat to the corner on a run to the outside yesterday, resulting in a forst down.

THATHURMANATOR
12-28-2009, 09:10 AM
Poz should be an OLB.

Nighthawk
12-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Poz should be an OLB.

Very true...

yordad
12-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Agreed on stroud and williams. Stroud gets stuffed at the line every time these days.

As far as Poz, they hold him back but he makes his own mistakes as well. For example, he took a bad angle and got beat to the corner on a run to the outside yesterday, resulting in a forst down.So, our middle LB got beat to the corner by a speedy RB? Where was the OLB? Where was the DE?

OpIv37
12-28-2009, 09:19 AM
So, our middle LB got beat to the corner by a speedy RB? Where was the OLB? Where was the DE?
Who cares? Other people not doing their jobs doesn't give poz an excuse to get beat. I hate it when Bills fans excuse mediocity like this.

Beebe's Kid
12-28-2009, 09:32 AM
So, our middle LB got beat to the corner by a speedy RB? Where was the OLB? Where was the DE?

I agree. People come down on Poz, which is misdirected. I like Whitner too. I think both of them, without having to constantly clean up the mess, due to lack of any other professionals on this D is holding them back. It is a matter of misdirected angst towards the only guys worth a damn.

I know that everybody feels bad saying anything about Schobel now, because he might take his MILLIONS and go home... buh-bye. Thanks for showing me that sexy stats like sacks can be meaningless. I would love to see some mean, big, physical players on the DL...we are seriously lacking in this department. Poz is a Pro-Bowler waiting for a little support, as is Whitner. Byrd is a bright spot, and the plethora of CB's, should be fine, especially with McKelvin and McGee back healthy.

I, unlike many posters, remember that Mitchell was everywhere before he got hurt, and look forward to seeing him back on the field. The guy gets hurt, and everybody turns their backs on him...dude still has some football left.

As far as LOLB... and the DL, we are hurting. Williams is serviceable, but Stroud has Titsonboar disease, and we should cut bait. The two headed monster known as Kelsay/Denney have never been favorites of mine, so it will not break my hard when I hear the door shut behind them.

I hope we can address the OL, which is only a Tackle, or two, depending on Butler away from being serviceable. I would replace Hangman if I had the opportunity, or move Wood to C, and keep Incogpsycho at RG. Here's to Wood having a successful recovery!!

Beebe's Kid
12-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Who cares? Other people not doing their jobs doesn't give poz an excuse to get beat. I hate it when Bills fans excuse mediocity like this.

I care.

He is the only one of the front 7 still alive on the play to get beat. He makes an error, which a guy with 1.5 years of playing time tends to do, and takes the wrong angle. He'll figure it out.

I hate when Bills fans attack the wrong guys, by confusing them for mediocre.

Griff
12-28-2009, 09:44 AM

rofl its a team game.

HHURRICANE
12-28-2009, 09:54 AM
I am going to defend both Stroud and Williams for two different reasons. Williams has been a solid starter for us considering he should have been playing behind McCargo, not in front of him.

Stroud is a very good football player but he is one guy out there. Does he take some plays off? Yes, he does. So did Bruce Sith, Cornelius Bennet, etc., etc., etc. He's playing at probably 80% right now. Do you blame him? Why get hurt so we can finish 6-10?

I watched Haynesworth yesterday and he's in the same boat as Stroud. They are playing down to the level of the team right now.

The real problem is that we don't have LBs or DEs that are NFL caliber right now. Poz anbd Schobel are both aveerage players at best and they are the best we have out there right now.

Stroud and Williams are not the problem.

Philagape
12-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Poz is a better LB than Williams is a DT, and, sadly, Stroud. Which isn't saying much.

kernowboy
12-28-2009, 10:06 AM
I think we could easily be getting at least 3 DLinemen in this next draft .. a pick in the first 2-3 rounds and then a couple more later on during 4-7

A high pick like Arthur Jones but some guys like Corey Peters and Greg Middleton who can play in both the 4-3 and the 3-4 allowing us to play a hybrid version

OpIv37
12-28-2009, 10:13 AM
rofl its a team game.
No ****.

But every player is responisble for their individual performance. Poz doesn't get a pass because someone else screwed up too.

OpIv37
12-28-2009, 10:15 AM
I care.

He is the only one of the front 7 still alive on the play to get beat. He makes an error, which a guy with 1.5 years of playing time tends to do, and takes the wrong angle. He'll figure it out.

I hate when Bills fans attack the wrong guys, by confusing them for mediocre.
He's made this mistake before and hasn't figured it out yet.

justasportsfan
12-28-2009, 10:15 AM
I realize that our biggest problem is at lber ,but not impressed with Stroud at all.