PDA

View Full Version : Dungy + Vick

ChristopherWalken
12-27-2009, 09:34 PM
I have a strong suspicion that Dungy and Vick are going to wind up a package deal in Buffalo.

Perfect opportunity for Vick to reprove himself.

Perfect opportunity for Dungy to help a young man out struggling in life....(see the suicide of his son). The death of his son obviously plagues Tony Dungy and I think that's the main reason why he's doing what he's doing with Vick.

I also think that this will get done quickly, Dungy first and Vick to follow once Philly ends their season.

I think this will also influence Owens into signing another year. I think Fewell will stay and continue on as a DC. Some see Dungy as the father of the cover 2.

Obvious changes will occur on the offensive side of the coaching ball. New OC...

Bobby April will also remain.

Hate to say it, but I think this is the best the fans have to hope for.

The Spaz
12-27-2009, 09:35 PM
If that's the best we have to look forward to then end this franchise right now and put me out of my misery!

YardRat
12-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Who's going to be GM, or do you see Dungy filling both roles?

Nighthawk
12-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Why do I feel Dungy's success was pretty much the result of Manning?

tampabay25690
12-27-2009, 09:38 PM
I have been thinking that for a while now....
I do know that Dungy was contacted by the Bills in the past 2 weeks...

tampabay25690

Didnt he coach somewhere else???

mikemac2001
was decent in tampa bay

Nighthawk
12-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Didnt he coach somewhere else???

Yeah, but did he win a SB there? All I remember is him having trouble offensively and the TB defensive players not liking his offense...sound right?

ChristopherWalken
12-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Who's going to be GM, or do you see Dungy filling both roles?

Quite possibly filling both roles, I think its the only scenario to make it come to fruition. But, in a limited GM role, perhaps strictly in charge of just player operations.

tampabay25690
12-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Yeah, but did he win a SB there? All I remember is him having trouble offensively and the TB defensive players not liking his offense...sound right?

He didnt win a Super Bowl but setup Gruden for a Bowl.
The guy made the Tampa 2 and drafted very well.
Was always a good coach never had the big name QB in Tampa but they had a SOLID Defense every year while he was there.

So you dont like Dungy who do you want?????
I dont want to hear Cowher either...

ChristopherWalken
If that's the best we have to look forward to then end this franchise right now and put me out of my misery!

I don't know if it would be a horrible option. Can't be worse than what we have now.

YardRat
I would take Dungy as coach, even if he brings Vick with him, but not if he's going to be GM also.

ChristopherWalken
12-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Was always a good coach never had the big name QB in Tampa but they had a SOLID Defense every year while he was there.

Exactly. It's obvious Wilson is giving out a chunk of change, and control...wants to win or at least establish something that hasn't been there in nearly a decade.

Who's left?

Nighthawk
12-27-2009, 09:47 PM

I honestly don't know at this time...it seems that the people that could really turn this thing around are not willing to come here. After that, it's a crapshoot...pick a guy...

elltrain22
12-27-2009, 09:50 PM
I think that this is what Thurman Thomas is eluding to when he commented to WGR that "we (Bills fans) are gonna have a big present this year" If thats the case Dungy + Vick, thats a pretty nice surprise. I hate Vick and hate what he did, but I also had 13 years of crappy football, and would like to be a relevant team once again. If this is the scenario that is coming to fruition, I'll be on board.

The Spaz
12-27-2009, 09:52 PM
If Vick comes then it doesn't matter who plays WR because they will not get the ball.

ChristopherWalken
12-27-2009, 09:54 PM
The more I think about it the more I think this could grow legs...

The Bills have had conversations with Dungy concerning Vick in the early offseason...

Some NFL team contacted Dungy on the 11th of December concerning his return to coaching, although reports claim it wasn't Buffalo (pshaw).

Bills need a spark, a QB, a decent HC.....I'm not saying it's ideal, but it does fill a few gaps rather quickly and neatly.

Think about it, no high QB draft picks really worth gambling on...they have to find something somewhere and Vick's loyalty remains with Dungy.

patmoran2006
12-27-2009, 09:55 PM
lol.
Dungy is not leaving what he's doing now to come to Buffalo.

Dont get me wrong, I've seen a ton of your posts and your definitely a smart cat who knows football, but this specific post is outrageous.

ChristopherWalken
12-27-2009, 10:01 PM
lol.
Dungy is not leaving what he's doing now to come to Buffalo.

Dont get me wrong, I've seen a ton of your posts and your definitely a smart cat who knows football, but this specific post is outrageous.

I wouldn't go as far as calling it outrageous...perhaps bitter speculation with a dash of high hopes, but not outrageous.

What I do know is that the fans have been promised massive changes that are going to delight and reignite the glory days.

Holmgren, Cower, Shanahan, and Gruden are all out...what's left?

Ingtar33
12-27-2009, 10:10 PM
so the plan is to bring in a solid (but not great) defensive coach and a QB who's only marginally better throwing the ball then Fitzpatrick and sell this to Bills fans next year?

this does have a certain buffalo feel to it... but why not go for broke, and make it Herm Edwards and Michael Vick.

THAT move has Buffalo Bills football written all over it.

ChristopherWalken
12-27-2009, 10:15 PM
so the plan is to bring in a solid (but not great) defensive coach and a QB who's only marginally better throwing the ball then Fitzpatrick and sell this to Bills fans next year?

this does have a certain buffalo feel to it... but why not go for broke, and make it Herm Edwards and Michael Vick.

Ding ding ding!!!

Exactly. Enough too keep you on the edge of your seat, but in reality not enough to get you clipping your fingers in the ceiling fan.

An idea that has merit, sells tickets but is more than likely not going to amount to a load of beans.

trapezeus
12-27-2009, 10:27 PM
I think that this is what Thurman Thomas is eluding to when he commented to WGR that "we (Bills fans) are gonna have a big present this year" If thats the case Dungy + Vick, thats a pretty nice surprise. I hate Vick and hate what he did, but I also had 13 years of crappy football, and would like to be a relevant team once again. If this is the scenario that is coming to fruition, I'll be on board.

The more i think about it, the more i think Thurman is the annoying uncle that the bills organization has to run around to keep them out of their hair. He knows nothing. they'll give him an hour a week to ramble on the big changes that he came up with "beautiful mind" style. Then they'll go back to their regular business of ushering him out of the building and ****ing up in the usual manner in which they do so.

trapezeus
12-27-2009, 10:28 PM

Russ?

ChristopherWalken
12-27-2009, 10:30 PM
The more i think about it, the more i think Thurman is the annoying uncle that the bills organization has to run around to keep them out of their hair. He knows nothing. they'll give him an hour a week to ramble on the big changes that he came up with "beautiful mind" style. Then they'll go back to their regular business of ushering him out of the building and ****ing up in the usual manner in which they do so.

LOL...that had me laughing as ai had the same thought. I think Thurman needs to stick to drinking.

Ingtar33
12-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Russ?

you got me! hahaha

but doesn't herm edwards just smell of buffalo bills football? A moderately mediocre coach who's a borderline moron and who can't motivate his teams unless his job is on the line after a poor start.

Throw in the fact he's obviously a worse coach then Dungy, and would also come far cheaper and you've got a winning package!

I do like to draft and with Dungy i might not get to trade back into the first and draft a defensive back this year!

trapezeus
12-27-2009, 10:35 PM
that really does smell of buffalo bill football. i say throw in some free give aways for the home opener and the stadium is full for the season opener!

So glad Russ could stop by.

One question though. are you going to go with converting the punter to a DE as the first pick or will you trade it away for the rights to Losman and broken fax machine?

ChristopherWalken
12-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Well, there is always Wade Philips. Chances are he won't be in Dallas next year and he was the last coach to take the Bills to the playoffs....ugh

Ingtar33
12-27-2009, 10:42 PM
that really does smell of buffalo bill football. i say throw in some free give aways for the home opener and the stadium is full for the season opener!

So glad Russ could stop by.

One question though. are you going to go with converting the punter to a DE as the first pick or will you trade it away for the rights to Losman and broken fax machine?

we are currently considering all options carefully, the one thing i can guarantee though. Bills fans won't have to mask their embarrassment with my selection, I'm sure they'll be able to express their feelings freely. Its an exciting time to be a fan of the buffalo bills.

there is a great kid out of Oklahoma we're currently looking at. He throws a great spiral, and has good feet, a 6'2" JR so he has good size. we really think highly of him. Right now we're projecting him as a project at Quarterback, though we might want to look at WR, we do need more size there... this kid is so amazing Perry is talking about taking him to play CB... yep it sure is exciting i can't wait for the commission to stride up to the podium and announce that with buffalo's first pick in the 2010 draft we select Matthew Moreland (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/moreland_matthew00.html), I'm sure bills fans are dreaming of the day now.

Beastie Bills
12-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Great, more Tampa 2.

Seriously though, we're not getting Dungy (if he even decides to coach next year, which I don't think he will).

trapezeus
12-27-2009, 10:49 PM
Russ, any chance you guys will start making your project "winning some ***** games" as opposed to making players better? Because in 10 years, i haven't seen a single player play better because of coaching. either they fall apart or go nowhere. Fredjackson seems to be the one outlier.

So why the fascination with project players when not one of them has turned out?

Ingtar33
12-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Russ, any chance you guys will start making your project "winning some ***** games" as opposed to making players better? Because in 10 years, i haven't seen a single player play better because of coaching. either they fall apart or go nowhere. Fredjackson seems to be the one outlier.

So why the fascination with project players when not one of them has turned out?

Well, Fred Jackson was like that when he got here. You know we'd love to take credit for his development but really, we're not that happy with it. I mean with every week he makes it harder to give Lynch a big bonus and contract extension.

As for winning.. we at one bills drive think there are other metrics to use to judge success other then winning. if you'll refer to the team financial situation, you'll notice we've been running a strong profit for the last 50 years. Not many businesses have a 50 year winning formula like the buffalo Bills. So in a way you could claim we're on a 50 year winning streak!

Now... Mr Wilson has expressed a desire to win the Superbowl before the end of his days. So i am currently petitioning the bills 2010 opponents and possible playoff opponents, as well as the league officials to give us a superbowl win in 2010. I myself have never watched a pro football game.. but if it's anything like the NBA I'm sure something might be arranged if i talk to the right people. This is called the "Wilson initiative" we think his yellow jacket can be of some use in giving the league a great story.