• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

My offseason and 2010 predictions

The bills will wait for the end of the browns season, and then hire the recently fallen Mangini.

The bills fans who can still put out some hope will scream, "belichick came to the patriots as a failed browns coach!" and "mangini knows how Belichick operates. He'll know how to beat him" the rest of us will try to help those fans so that they don't kill themselves when Mangini continues to be a massive failure in Buffalo.

Then the bills will keep the same power structure in place, fail to bring in a GM or a single Free Agent. The Bills will hire PR man, Darcy reiger, to teach us stupid Buffalo fans how free agency works in the new uncapped year. It works like this. the year is uncapped, the bills will not spend anything. Lesson learned.

The bills will let schobel retire, can stroud and mitchell, and skip over these positions in the draft. We'll be told nick harris really has potential to be an LT type linebacker and that Bryan scott will fill in really well for the departed K. Mitchell.

Two days before the first game, Bryan Scott will be canned. Though a team would want to trade for him, the bills will just let him walk.

Rian lindell, a guy who apparently can't be trusted to kick in an indoor stadium from 45+ yards away, will go uncontested in camp.

Brian Brohm will show that he's the best of the bills options, but will get hurt in camp. The Bills will IR him even though his injury is just a bruised ring finger on his non-throwing hand. Hamdan will be the backup, but everytime the "starting" QB goes down, the Bills will workout some pathetic retread until they get to Jeff George. They will sign him. He will play. One bills fan will say, "GIVE HIM TIME!"

Roscoe Parrish will learn that literally no NFL teams wants him. He'll sign a one year deal with the bills with Drew Rosenhaus smiling at the press conference. Roscoe will be adamant about not being just a kick returner, and will still be the primary slot receiver at the start of the season. He will end the season with more fumbled punt returns than catches in the season.

James hardy will be healthy, but this is the year that he's in trouble with the law. Next year it'll be an injury, and then the following year it'll be back in with trouble with the law. Rinse and repeat 2 more times until he is out of the league entirely.

Lee Evans will continue to get praise for doing nothing his entire time he has been here. The "silent LEader" continues to get praise, but another season of 50 catches, 500 yards, and 3 TD will start to make people wonder, "is this worth $9MM a year?"

Pozluszny will be asked to play DE to give the bills a "big" look while Maybin continues to be undersized. Lavar Arrington will show up on the sidelines with a 15 button suit telling us that both buffalo's DE in POZ and Maybin are future allstars.

The bills OL will be called for 2010 false start penalties in the year 2010. This will be a record. Incognito will be hauled away for killing someone.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: My offseason and 2010 predictions

Die thread, die!!!
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

very helpful, justa. for a thread you want dead, you push it to the top. Well played.

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

I don't think Scott is under contract past this season.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Don't Panic
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Dec 2005

How can someone this depressed still follow the Bills?

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

how can you pretend that half this stuff won't come true? year after year they suck the energy out of the fanbase.

The most obvious thing to do right now is to fire modrak and guy. But they won't. they already are spinning that jauron was the draft problem. they are content to let us suffer another season.

Comment

• Don't Panic
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
              how can you pretend that half this stuff won't come true? year after year they suck the energy out of the fanbase.

The most obvious thing to do right now is to fire modrak and guy. But they won't. they already are spinning that jauron was the draft problem. they are content to let us suffer another season.
              What do you base this on? I know it is what have come to determine as fact, but how are they spinning that Jauron is the problem? Who is spinning that? How do you know they won't fire Mordak and Guy?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

This thread has more credibilty than anything else because the Bills have demonstarted ineptness beyond belief. Quick recap:

1) Agreeing not to franchise Clements and losing a 1st round pick because of it.

2) Not getting paperwork filed quick enough to get draft picks for Dockery.

3) Letting the best player on the team walk because you were not willing to pay market for him. We use the pick for a guard, who may have suffered a career compromising injury.

4) We extend a coach with questions mid-season only to have him finish at 7-9 and than fire him 8 games later.

5) We bring in an elite WR and than decide to dismantle the entire o-line virtually giving the QB no shot of ever hitting the guy because there is never enough time in the pocket.

6) We hire 3 cheap coaches in a row.

7) We draft Maybin while Orakpo is sitting there.

Shall I continue?

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

Chris brown had put out comments suggesting that Dick jauron was the mastermind of the drafts and that Modrak was essentially just a guy who put out opinions but didn't get any say.

That to me is spin. You can read it straight or you can read it as spin. For a team that tries to spin everything every time they fail, i choose to run with it as spin.

firing Modrak and guy should have happened along with the Jauron firing. Jauron sucked as a coach, but he wasn't alone. The structure they are using has failed. Firing them now just means they let more time lapse from doing the right thing.

Free agency is on the heels of the superbowl. you need the team in place and the ideas to be ready as to what you want to do. if you are waiting until the superbowl to make the GM and coach announcement, you are killing that year's free agent pick ups and you are setting the draft back.

The bills should not have russ working on this. they should hire consultants.

I really am going to be stunned if they do anything meaningful here.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

I think Trap is being extremely realisitc
                    anyone with hopes that we are going out and grabbing a talented HC that has a very successful track record is gonna be Again sadly disspaointed
                    i have tried hard lately on these boards not to get into arguements and keep my threads somewhat positive, cause im usually very direct and negative, but i have to say the naysayers on this board have been dead on for a decade now
                    and all the arguements i had with people when i was argueing the mismanagement of the roster and practice squad and people would say who cares and things like these players dont matter
                    Well guess what when u got 18 players on IR and u havent developed any talent brought in any depth in free agency that is exactly why were are playing Scott at LBer, Levitre playing LT in the one game,

THe horrible drafts the horrible free agents, the horrible scouts and front office
                    cant help but agree with Trap as i usually do
                    this team SUCKS
                    and needs complete overhaul and regime change
                    can we trust Ralph to make the right changes?
                    NOPE
                    Last edited by bigbub2352; 12-28-2009, 12:01 PM.
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

what is crazy is that my intent was just to make a joke about how it'll get bungled up, but somehow people are reading it like it's fact.

the bills have left us with nothing but our sense of humor. if we don't laugh at it, it becomes even more tragic.

Comment

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        This thread has more credibilty than anything else because the Bills have demonstarted ineptness beyond belief. Quick recap:

1) Agreeing not to franchise Clements and losing a 1st round pick because of it.

2) Not getting paperwork filed quick enough to get draft picks for Dockery.

3) Letting the best player on the team walk because you were not willing to pay market for him. We use the pick for a guard, who may have suffered a career compromising injury.

4) We extend a coach with questions mid-season only to have him finish at 7-9 and than fire him 8 games later.

5) We bring in an elite WR and than decide to dismantle the entire o-line virtually giving the QB no shot of ever hitting the guy because there is never enough time in the pocket.

6) We hire 3 cheap coaches in a row.

7) We draft Maybin while Orakpo is sitting there.

Shall I continue?
                        What about Peters making clear he did not want to play in Buffalo, and trying his hardest to get your other favourite player Edwards injured?

Why would you pay market value for such cowardice?

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                          I think Trap is being extremely realisitc
                          anyone with hopes that we are going out and grabbing a talented HC that has a very successful track record is gonna be Again sadly disspaointed
                          i have tried hard altely on these boards not to get into arguements and keep my threads somewhat positive, cause im usually very direct and negative, but i have to say the nasayers on this board have been dead on for a decade now
                          and all the arguements i had with people when i was argueing the mismanagement of the roster and practice squad and people would say who cares and things tlike these players dont matter
                          Well guess what when u got 18 players on IR and u havent developed any talent brought in any depth that is exactly why were are playing Scott at LBer, Levitre playing LT in the one game,

THe horrible drafts the horrible free agents, the horrible scouts and front office
                          cant help but agree with Trap as i usually do
                          this team SUCKS
                          and needs complete overhaul and regime change
                          can we trust Ralph to make the right changes?
                          NOPE
                          This is the first year that i've lost all my patience and not tried to believe in the crap they were selling. i hated jauron the second he was signed, yet i agreed, "he got a bad team, give him 3 years." i rationalized the losses as "we were close, we just have to turn the corner."

Then last year that 2-8 stretch against a weak ass division broke me, and bringing him back was enron-bad. This organization should put out an apology and refund us for the crap level of play.

And for as pessimistic i was about this season, they somehow played even worse. they tried even less. it's a ******* joke. and no one in the organization seems to give a **** about it. so what is the point of even caring. they don't.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by kernowboy
                            What about Peters making clear he did not want to play in Buffalo, and trying his hardest to get your other favourite player Edwards injured?

Why would you pay market value for such cowardice?
                            I have posted articles several times where Peters was "shocked" that he was traded.

He wanted to stay in Buffalo, he just wanted to be paid. The Bills let the situation come to a trade. Absolutely no one to blame but the FO.

Comment

Originally posted by trapezeus
                              This is the first year that i've lost all my patience and not tried to believe in the crap they were selling. i hated jauron the second he was signed, yet i agreed, "he got a bad team, give him 3 years." i rationalized the losses as "we were close, we just have to turn the corner."

Then last year that 2-8 stretch against a weak ass division broke me, and bringing him back was enron-bad. This organization should put out an apology and refund us for the crap level of play.

And for as pessimistic i was about this season, they somehow played even worse. they tried even less. it's a ******* joke. and no one in the organization seems to give a **** about it. so what is the point of even caring. they don't.
                              He'd already been resigned mid-season so there was no point in getting rid of him at the end of last season.

Also by doing so it is quite possible the Bills might have created a further negative impression amongst coaching possibilities

Comment

Working...
                              X