PDA

View Full Version : My offseason and 2010 predictions

trapezeus
12-28-2009, 10:21 AM
The bills will wait for the end of the browns season, and then hire the recently fallen Mangini.

The bills fans who can still put out some hope will scream, "belichick came to the patriots as a failed browns coach!" and "mangini knows how Belichick operates. He'll know how to beat him" the rest of us will try to help those fans so that they don't kill themselves when Mangini continues to be a massive failure in Buffalo.

Then the bills will keep the same power structure in place, fail to bring in a GM or a single Free Agent. The Bills will hire PR man, Darcy reiger, to teach us stupid Buffalo fans how free agency works in the new uncapped year. It works like this. the year is uncapped, the bills will not spend anything. Lesson learned.

The bills will let schobel retire, can stroud and mitchell, and skip over these positions in the draft. We'll be told nick harris really has potential to be an LT type linebacker and that Bryan scott will fill in really well for the departed K. Mitchell.

Two days before the first game, Bryan Scott will be canned. Though a team would want to trade for him, the bills will just let him walk.

Rian lindell, a guy who apparently can't be trusted to kick in an indoor stadium from 45+ yards away, will go uncontested in camp.

Brian Brohm will show that he's the best of the bills options, but will get hurt in camp. The Bills will IR him even though his injury is just a bruised ring finger on his non-throwing hand. Hamdan will be the backup, but everytime the "starting" QB goes down, the Bills will workout some pathetic retread until they get to Jeff George. They will sign him. He will play. One bills fan will say, "GIVE HIM TIME!"

Roscoe Parrish will learn that literally no NFL teams wants him. He'll sign a one year deal with the bills with Drew Rosenhaus smiling at the press conference. Roscoe will be adamant about not being just a kick returner, and will still be the primary slot receiver at the start of the season. He will end the season with more fumbled punt returns than catches in the season.

James hardy will be healthy, but this is the year that he's in trouble with the law. Next year it'll be an injury, and then the following year it'll be back in with trouble with the law. Rinse and repeat 2 more times until he is out of the league entirely.

Lee Evans will continue to get praise for doing nothing his entire time he has been here. The "silent LEader" continues to get praise, but another season of 50 catches, 500 yards, and 3 TD will start to make people wonder, "is this worth $9MM a year?"

Pozluszny will be asked to play DE to give the bills a "big" look while Maybin continues to be undersized. Lavar Arrington will show up on the sidelines with a 15 button suit telling us that both buffalo's DE in POZ and Maybin are future allstars.

The bills OL will be called for 2010 false start penalties in the year 2010. This will be a record. Incognito will be hauled away for killing someone.

justasportsfan
12-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Die thread, die!!!

trapezeus
12-28-2009, 10:24 AM
very helpful, justa. for a thread you want dead, you push it to the top. Well played.

yordad
12-28-2009, 10:33 AM
I don't think Scott is under contract past this season.

Don't Panic
12-28-2009, 10:33 AM
How can someone this depressed still follow the Bills?

trapezeus
12-28-2009, 10:48 AM
how can you pretend that half this stuff won't come true? year after year they suck the energy out of the fanbase.

The most obvious thing to do right now is to fire modrak and guy. But they won't. they already are spinning that jauron was the draft problem. they are content to let us suffer another season.

Don't Panic
12-28-2009, 10:54 AM
how can you pretend that half this stuff won't come true? year after year they suck the energy out of the fanbase.

The most obvious thing to do right now is to fire modrak and guy. But they won't. they already are spinning that jauron was the draft problem. they are content to let us suffer another season.

What do you base this on? I know it is what have come to determine as fact, but how are they spinning that Jauron is the problem? Who is spinning that? How do you know they won't fire Mordak and Guy?

HHURRICANE
12-28-2009, 11:05 AM
This thread has more credibilty than anything else because the Bills have demonstarted ineptness beyond belief. Quick recap:

1) Agreeing not to franchise Clements and losing a 1st round pick because of it.

2) Not getting paperwork filed quick enough to get draft picks for Dockery.

3) Letting the best player on the team walk because you were not willing to pay market for him. We use the pick for a guard, who may have suffered a career compromising injury.

4) We extend a coach with questions mid-season only to have him finish at 7-9 and than fire him 8 games later.

5) We bring in an elite WR and than decide to dismantle the entire o-line virtually giving the QB no shot of ever hitting the guy because there is never enough time in the pocket.

6) We hire 3 cheap coaches in a row.

7) We draft Maybin while Orakpo is sitting there.

Shall I continue?

trapezeus
12-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Chris brown had put out comments suggesting that Dick jauron was the mastermind of the drafts and that Modrak was essentially just a guy who put out opinions but didn't get any say.

That to me is spin. You can read it straight or you can read it as spin. For a team that tries to spin everything every time they fail, i choose to run with it as spin.

firing Modrak and guy should have happened along with the Jauron firing. Jauron sucked as a coach, but he wasn't alone. The structure they are using has failed. Firing them now just means they let more time lapse from doing the right thing.

Free agency is on the heels of the superbowl. you need the team in place and the ideas to be ready as to what you want to do. if you are waiting until the superbowl to make the GM and coach announcement, you are killing that year's free agent pick ups and you are setting the draft back.

The bills should not have russ working on this. they should hire consultants.

I really am going to be stunned if they do anything meaningful here.

bigbub2352
12-28-2009, 11:11 AM
I think Trap is being extremely realisitc
anyone with hopes that we are going out and grabbing a talented HC that has a very successful track record is gonna be Again sadly disspaointed
i have tried hard lately on these boards not to get into arguements and keep my threads somewhat positive, cause im usually very direct and negative, but i have to say the naysayers on this board have been dead on for a decade now
and all the arguements i had with people when i was argueing the mismanagement of the roster and practice squad and people would say who cares and things like these players dont matter
Well guess what when u got 18 players on IR and u havent developed any talent brought in any depth in free agency that is exactly why were are playing Scott at LBer, Levitre playing LT in the one game,

THe horrible drafts the horrible free agents, the horrible scouts and front office
cant help but agree with Trap as i usually do
this team SUCKS
and needs complete overhaul and regime change
can we trust Ralph to make the right changes?
NOPE

trapezeus
12-28-2009, 11:14 AM
what is crazy is that my intent was just to make a joke about how it'll get bungled up, but somehow people are reading it like it's fact.

the bills have left us with nothing but our sense of humor. if we don't laugh at it, it becomes even more tragic.

kernowboy
12-28-2009, 11:15 AM
This thread has more credibilty than anything else because the Bills have demonstarted ineptness beyond belief. Quick recap:

1) Agreeing not to franchise Clements and losing a 1st round pick because of it.

2) Not getting paperwork filed quick enough to get draft picks for Dockery.

3) Letting the best player on the team walk because you were not willing to pay market for him. We use the pick for a guard, who may have suffered a career compromising injury.

4) We extend a coach with questions mid-season only to have him finish at 7-9 and than fire him 8 games later.

5) We bring in an elite WR and than decide to dismantle the entire o-line virtually giving the QB no shot of ever hitting the guy because there is never enough time in the pocket.

6) We hire 3 cheap coaches in a row.

7) We draft Maybin while Orakpo is sitting there.

Shall I continue?

What about Peters making clear he did not want to play in Buffalo, and trying his hardest to get your other favourite player Edwards injured?

Why would you pay market value for such cowardice?

trapezeus
12-28-2009, 11:18 AM
I think Trap is being extremely realisitc
anyone with hopes that we are going out and grabbing a talented HC that has a very successful track record is gonna be Again sadly disspaointed
i have tried hard altely on these boards not to get into arguements and keep my threads somewhat positive, cause im usually very direct and negative, but i have to say the nasayers on this board have been dead on for a decade now
and all the arguements i had with people when i was argueing the mismanagement of the roster and practice squad and people would say who cares and things tlike these players dont matter
Well guess what when u got 18 players on IR and u havent developed any talent brought in any depth that is exactly why were are playing Scott at LBer, Levitre playing LT in the one game,

THe horrible drafts the horrible free agents, the horrible scouts and front office
cant help but agree with Trap as i usually do
this team SUCKS
and needs complete overhaul and regime change
can we trust Ralph to make the right changes?
NOPE

This is the first year that i've lost all my patience and not tried to believe in the crap they were selling. i hated jauron the second he was signed, yet i agreed, "he got a bad team, give him 3 years." i rationalized the losses as "we were close, we just have to turn the corner."

Then last year that 2-8 stretch against a weak ass division broke me, and bringing him back was enron-bad. This organization should put out an apology and refund us for the crap level of play.

And for as pessimistic i was about this season, they somehow played even worse. they tried even less. it's a ******* joke. and no one in the organization seems to give a **** about it. so what is the point of even caring. they don't.

HHURRICANE
12-28-2009, 11:20 AM
What about Peters making clear he did not want to play in Buffalo, and trying his hardest to get your other favourite player Edwards injured?

Why would you pay market value for such cowardice?

I have posted articles several times where Peters was "shocked" that he was traded.

He wanted to stay in Buffalo, he just wanted to be paid. The Bills let the situation come to a trade. Absolutely no one to blame but the FO.

kernowboy
12-28-2009, 11:21 AM
This is the first year that i've lost all my patience and not tried to believe in the crap they were selling. i hated jauron the second he was signed, yet i agreed, "he got a bad team, give him 3 years." i rationalized the losses as "we were close, we just have to turn the corner."

Then last year that 2-8 stretch against a weak ass division broke me, and bringing him back was enron-bad. This organization should put out an apology and refund us for the crap level of play.

And for as pessimistic i was about this season, they somehow played even worse. they tried even less. it's a ******* joke. and no one in the organization seems to give a **** about it. so what is the point of even caring. they don't.

He'd already been resigned mid-season so there was no point in getting rid of him at the end of last season.

Also by doing so it is quite possible the Bills might have created a further negative impression amongst coaching possibilities

ddaryl
12-28-2009, 11:22 AM
How can someone this depressed still follow the Bills?

and yet we still follow.

Until change happens and we start winning in a playoff caliber team fashion... all we have is depression

ddaryl
12-28-2009, 11:24 AM
I have posted articles several times where Peters was "shocked" that he was traded.

He wanted to stay in Buffalo, he just wanted to be paid. The Bills let the situation come to a trade. Absolutely no one to blame but the FO.

ok post these articles. Because I have been here regularly and I never read a single article where Peters said convincingly he wanted to stay with the Bills.

Now do I believe Peters fed the press that standard quote.. "Yeah I would like to stay a Bill" while neogtiations went on... but it was VERY VERY OBVIOUS that Peters only desire to stay in Buffalo was to be the highest paid OT is the NFL ever.....

I don't blame Peters for leaving... I wouldn't stay on this club if I didn't have to either. Might as well move to a team that actually has a chance, and that's what Peters did by turning down offer after offer after offer... it was all staged to force the Bills to deal him

kernowboy
12-28-2009, 11:33 AM

Thats only because he is stupid and ******ed. Try to get your QB injured, demand more than those who have been to the ProBowl more often, hold out into the season rather than play to your existing contract and let your play do the talking instead of playing like the worst LT in the league and then saying

"Give me a big fat contract and I promise I won't do that again"

If it was soccer, it would be like a player deliberately scoring own goals and then demanding a rise not to do it again

Peters would be nothing if the Bills hadn't taken a chance on him. Its called fat lazy greed.

trapezeus
12-28-2009, 11:42 AM
He'd already been resigned mid-season so there was no point in getting rid of him at the end of last season.

i disagree. the FO made a mistake by extending him, but they made a bigger mistake by not swallowing the loss immediately than try to put out that crap product this year. The whole thing was just a huge waste of time and effort.

bigbub2352
12-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Also look at how poor decision's have been made on bringing in Free Agents and drafting players in the last 10 yrs
I wont even start a list but man we got needs so lets go out and sign backups and bums for depth and starting roles?
anyone out there see the Logic of Hangartner at Center? and not just a depth signing? then u go out and take argueably the best Center in Wood in the draft in the 1st rd to play Guard?
Or drafting Poz to play in a Cover 2 scheme?
signing Mitchell to play in the Cover 2?
trading for Stroud to be a pass rush DT? for the Cover 2 Scheme?
signing TO then fire the OC before the start of the season, dismantle the entire OLINE and on top of all that u give contract extensions to bums who contributed nothing but losing here in Denney, Reed, Schobel, Evans, Parrish, blah blah blah
never ****ing ends
i mean i seriously cried the day we hired Skeletor
i played alot of football in my day and when i watch these guys play and the philosphies that are on the feild, i truly believe a little loop team could figure them out cause i do just by watching them on a big screen
So ****ign sad
yet we keep guys like Jenkins Corto stamer (mygod) Gaddis, Mace as out depth
so sad
i dont even know what else to say other than
FIND A QB draft one on day 1 every year till u find the guy
then start the rebuild

Mad Bomber
12-28-2009, 12:51 PM
what is crazy is that my intent was just to make a joke about how it'll get bungled up, but somehow people are reading it like it's fact.

the bills have left us with nothing but our sense of humor. if we don't laugh at it, it becomes even more tragic. Kevin,

I got your sarcasm, and your attempt to expose the absurd by being absurd. That is one reason I don't post a lot of my opinions, because on a message board you can be misinterpreted.

In many studies, it has been suggested that communication is 55% body english, 38% tone of voice, and 7% words. In other words, it's not what you say but how you say it and what you look like when you're saying it. That just doesn't come across on a message board (that's why we need emoticons).

I appreciated your post because I know where you are coming from, and know that you were being facetious. Anyone who has read your articles on the Billszone main page should understand that.

Don't ever stop making posts like this. They are one of the main things that make long-suffering Bills fans like myself keep from committing Seppuku.

baalworship
12-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Chris brown had put out comments suggesting that Dick jauron was the mastermind of the drafts and that Modrak was essentially just a guy who put out opinions but didn't get any say.

That to me is spin. You can read it straight or you can read it as spin. For a team that tries to spin everything every time they fail, i choose to run with it as spin.

firing Modrak and guy should have happened along with the Jauron firing. Jauron sucked as a coach, but he wasn't alone. The structure they are using has failed. Firing them now just means they let more time lapse from doing the right thing.

Free agency is on the heels of the superbowl. you need the team in place and the ideas to be ready as to what you want to do. if you are waiting until the superbowl to make the GM and coach announcement, you are killing that year's free agent pick ups and you are setting the draft back.

The bills should not have russ working on this. they should hire consultants.

I really am going to be stunned if they do anything meaningful here.

First time I've heard this. Let me play devil's advocate here. What if their spin was true? Could we have moved straight from Levy to Jauron making the picks? How screwed up would that have been? It's not like we didn't draft a lot of DB's recently....

John Guy has to go but because of the Bills lack of accountability and consensus drafting does anyone actually know who was making the picks? Modrak was considered a top NFL scout, a legend, before he got here.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Im with Trap...

the Bills have ruined my abiltiy to enjoy football anymore.

Night Train
12-28-2009, 06:08 PM
My prediction is 10,000 season ticket holders will dump their tickets and buy UB tickets, with Cinci's Jeff Quinn coming here with his high scoring spread offense.

YardRat
12-28-2009, 06:16 PM
lol...That was funny.

elltrain22
12-28-2009, 11:05 PM
The bills will wait for the end of the browns season, and then hire the recently fallen Mangini.

The bills fans who can still put out some hope will scream, "belichick came to the patriots as a failed browns coach!" and "mangini knows how Belichick operates. He'll know how to beat him" the rest of us will try to help those fans so that they don't kill themselves when Mangini continues to be a massive failure in Buffalo.

Then the bills will keep the same power structure in place, fail to bring in a GM or a single Free Agent. The Bills will hire PR man, Darcy reiger, to teach us stupid Buffalo fans how free agency works in the new uncapped year. It works like this. the year is uncapped, the bills will not spend anything. Lesson learned.

The bills will let schobel retire, can stroud and mitchell, and skip over these positions in the draft. We'll be told nick harris really has potential to be an LT type linebacker and that Bryan scott will fill in really well for the departed K. Mitchell.

Two days before the first game, Bryan Scott will be canned. Though a team would want to trade for him, the bills will just let him walk.

Rian lindell, a guy who apparently can't be trusted to kick in an indoor stadium from 45+ yards away, will go uncontested in camp.

Brian Brohm will show that he's the best of the bills options, but will get hurt in camp. The Bills will IR him even though his injury is just a bruised ring finger on his non-throwing hand. Hamdan will be the backup, but everytime the "starting" QB goes down, the Bills will workout some pathetic retread until they get to Jeff George. They will sign him. He will play. One bills fan will say, "GIVE HIM TIME!"

Roscoe Parrish will learn that literally no NFL teams wants him. He'll sign a one year deal with the bills with Drew Rosenhaus smiling at the press conference. Roscoe will be adamant about not being just a kick returner, and will still be the primary slot receiver at the start of the season. He will end the season with more fumbled punt returns than catches in the season.

James hardy will be healthy, but this is the year that he's in trouble with the law. Next year it'll be an injury, and then the following year it'll be back in with trouble with the law. Rinse and repeat 2 more times until he is out of the league entirely.

Lee Evans will continue to get praise for doing nothing his entire time he has been here. The "silent LEader" continues to get praise, but another season of 50 catches, 500 yards, and 3 TD will start to make people wonder, "is this worth $9MM a year?"

Pozluszny will be asked to play DE to give the bills a "big" look while Maybin continues to be undersized. Lavar Arrington will show up on the sidelines with a 15 button suit telling us that both buffalo's DE in POZ and Maybin are future allstars.

The bills OL will be called for 2010 false start penalties in the year 2010. This will be a record. Incognito will be hauled away for killing someone.

Wow, we as Bills fans are a tortured bunch!!

tampabay25690
12-28-2009, 11:57 PM
WOW u must be bored to try to think of all that