PDA

View Full Version : Fewell optimistic that Fitz will play

Philagape
12-28-2009, 04:58 PM
Bills hope to have QB Fitzpatrick back for finale

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP)—Bills starting quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick(notes) will test his sore ankle this week to determine whether he can play in Buffalo’s season finale against Indianapolis.

Saying “we think he’ll be better,” interim head coach Perry Fewell was optimistic that Fitzpatrick can play on Sunday after missing one game, a 31-3 loss to Atlanta this past weekend.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-fitzpatrick&prov=ap&type=lgns

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-28-2009, 05:57 PM
GO COLTS! I LOVE THE COLTS!

I hate this bills team.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Really... who do you hate more...

the patriots or our Bills front office and this whole stinking team?

I love the CONCEPT of the Bills but I hate THIS TEAM

Night Train
12-28-2009, 06:06 PM
I hope the game is blacked out locally, if Fitzpatrick is starting. I turned down free tickets like I did for the Pats for a good reason, I see.

The only thing Fewell is good for now is fulfilling the Rooney rule...and I'm not racist.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Swell, maybe we'll score more than 3 points against backups now.

YardRat
12-28-2009, 06:17 PM
BOOOOOOOOO !!!!!

mikemac2001
12-28-2009, 06:22 PM
why

Billz_fan
12-28-2009, 06:24 PM
He is hopefull Fitzpatrick will play. How friggin sad is that ? We hope the guy who probably would be on anyone elses practice squad can play. You just have to laugh at this stuff sometimes :laughter:

Cleve
12-28-2009, 07:22 PM
Who even cares, Perry? This game is a joke. The Colts aren't even going to be making a half-hearted effort on the field.

Fewell would be better off playing Brohm, because we've pretty much already seen everything that either Fitzpatrick or Edwards have to offer. Neither of them is the future of the team - they're well established as thoroughly mediocre quarterbacks.

The only somewhat unknown quantity on the QB roster is Brohm. Best at this stage to see if he's worth developing for next season. If Fewell doesn't play him, it would be a big mistake.

PECKERWOOD
12-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Fitz gives us a better chance at winning, Brohm gives us a better chance at a higher draft pick.

Nighthawk
12-28-2009, 08:05 PM
Honestly, Fewell is an idiot...unbelievable.

BillsWin
12-28-2009, 08:15 PM
There is no reason to start Fitz over Brohm other than Fewell wanting to get one more win and being stupid enough to believe Fitz is a winner.

I doubt Brohm could beat the Colts, but at the same time it is my opinion he deserves another start.

EDS
12-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Fitz gives us a better chance at winning, Brohm gives us a better chance at a higher draft pick.

I am not convinced that is true.

PECKERWOOD
12-28-2009, 08:31 PM
I am not convinced that is true.
I'm not trying to be defensive, but more so for conversational purposes... Which option would you realistically assume would give you the better shot? A seasoned veteran who has been in the NFL for 5 or so years, or a 2nd year player making his 2nd career start?

Typ0
12-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Fitz gives the team a better chance due to his experience and it would be very demoralizing to get beat down by the Colts 3rd team. they want to win this week. wanting to win is no reason to call a coach such bad names.

DrGraves
12-28-2009, 09:03 PM
and im optimistic fewell will never be a head coach in the nfl again

Michael82
12-29-2009, 12:21 AM
Fewell should be fired immediately if he announces that Fitz is his starter before the game.

Dying_-2-_Live
12-29-2009, 12:37 AM
Oh boy, the offseason can not come any faster

Michael82
12-29-2009, 09:09 AM
I'm still steaming over the thought of Fitzpatrick starting in the most meaningless game of the year against a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers. :mad:

trapezeus
12-29-2009, 09:15 AM
Thank goodness you posted this article. I was just about to post the article below about my status:

Bills hope to have Fan Shenoy back for finale

New York, N.Y. (AP)—Starting Bills Fan Kevin Shenoy will test his patience despite having a bruised upper Fandom this week to determine whether he can watch Buffalo’s season finale against Indianapolis.

Saying “we think he’ll be better,” interim head coach Perry Fewell was optimistic that Shenoy can watch on Sunday after having his heart ripped out time and time again, especially after the 31-3 loss to Atlanta this past weekend.

Bill Cody
12-29-2009, 09:17 AM
Another bad decision:mad:

Cleve
12-29-2009, 09:19 AM
Fitz gives the team a better chance due to his experience and it would be very demoralizing to get beat down by the Colts 3rd team. they want to win this week. wanting to win is no reason to call a coach such bad names.

"Demoralizing"? If Bills fans are lucky,75% of the Bills team - staff and players - will be GONE next season - and who cares about demoralizing players and staff riding a one-way bus out of this town?

We already know that Fitzpatrick isn't a high-caliber quarterback. It would be more important to learn whether or not Brohm has potential.

HHURRICANE
12-29-2009, 10:14 AM
why

Because Brohm sucked.

ddaryl
12-29-2009, 10:19 AM
I won't even watch this game if Fitz starts. Got better things to do like clipping my nails and maybe giving my dog a good old belly rub

HHURRICANE
12-29-2009, 10:21 AM
I won't even watch this game if Fitz starts. Got better things to do like clipping my nails and maybe giving my dog a good old belly rub

This is excatly how I felt when they left Losman in after Edwards came back from his injury.

If Edwards isn't the guy than our starter is sitting out in FA or the draft.

djjimkelly
12-29-2009, 10:31 AM
fewell should be shot

justasportsfan
12-29-2009, 10:34 AM
I don't see anything wrong with Fewell trying to pull a John Fox and hopefully either save a job or land a job. If Fitz gives him a better chance , then so what?

The FO isn't trying to see which players they should keep. Thats the job of the next GM/HC.

jamze132
12-29-2009, 03:46 PM
If Fewell starts Fitzgaytrick, I will be forced to kick yet another baby.

Typ0
12-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Too bad the fans aren't that lucky for the people doing the jobs to be completely ignorant of their goals I guess.

"Demoralizing"? If Bills fans are lucky,75% of the Bills team - staff and players - will be GONE next season - and who cares about demoralizing players and staff riding a one-way bus out of this town?

We already know that Fitzpatrick isn't a high-caliber quarterback. It would be more important to learn whether or not Brohm has potential.

Beebe's Kid
12-31-2009, 10:46 AM
Perry is optimistic that Fitzy will play...

Fitzy? Perry is kicking himself in the junk here... If he thinks FItzy gives any team the best chance to win, he is either delusional or not watching the games.

Thanks for the memories, Per-Bear. It's been fun, and it's been real, but it ain't been real fun... Good luck, throw me down as a reference. If any team wants to give you a shot, as long as it's not the Bills, I'll give you a good reference.