PDA

View Full Version : GM FIRST..Then HE Picks His Coach

Night Train
12-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Why overreact to every news rumor concering HC, when a GM is needed first to pick someone he can work with...or are the Bills sticking with Brandon, Guy, Modrak etc ? :down:

If so, we could bring in Vince Lombardi in his prime and we'd NEVER win, until the front office is addressed.

Tossing HC names out there at random doesn't impress me. Tell me a Ron Wolf type is coming here to run the front office first and I'll listen.

PECKERWOOD
12-28-2009, 06:11 PM
Why overreact to every news rumor concering HC, when a GM is needed first to pick someone he can work with...or are the Bills sticking with Brandon, Guy, Modrak etc ? :down:

If so, we could bring in Vince Lombardi in his prime and we'd NEVER win, until the front office is addressed.

Tossing HC names out there at random doesn't impress me. Tell me a Ron Wolf type is coming here to run the front office first and I'll listen.

Yes, I think they are, that's my gut feeling.

ddaryl
12-28-2009, 06:13 PM
some coaches like Cowher OR Shanny would be allowed to pick their GM

other then that I have to ask why we are not looking for GM's 1st.

YardRat
12-28-2009, 06:14 PM
CW usually dictates that the GM comes before the HC, but if they've got something brewing where a HC takes the job with a condition that he has a specific GM to come along with him I'd be good with that.

bob86
12-28-2009, 06:43 PM
What you’re saying of course makes sense. Unfortunately, that is not how Ralph usually roles. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
To restate the obvious fear, Russ and Ralph dig-up some washed up “big-name” coach that no one else would even interview, let alone hire, and pass him off to the desperate and foolish Bills fan base as the franchise savior. When in fact, Russ and Ralph remain the genuine decision makers and nothing else really changes. Sure they may hire another low-level personnel person and give him an impressive title and they may even throw Guy under the bus, but the new coach and the personnel man will have no real juice and Ralph and Russ will remain the men behind the curtain who pull all the strings.<o:p></o:p>

T-Long
12-28-2009, 06:52 PM
How do you know we aren't looking at GM's already? It's bigger news when anything leaks about the coach, not so much with the GM. I guarantee they have a plan in place and will hire a football guy before a coach. That is unless Cowher is coming and he picks the GM (aka Bruce Allen with Shanny)

BILLSROCK1212
12-28-2009, 06:55 PM
What you’re saying of course makes sense. Unfortunately, that is not how Ralph usually roles. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
To restate the obvious fear, Russ and Ralph dig-up some washed up “big-name” coach that no one else would even interview, let alone hire, and pass him off to the desperate and foolish Bills fan base as the franchise savior. When in fact, Russ and Ralph remain the genuine decision makers and nothing else really changes. Sure they may hire another low-level personnel person and give him an impressive title and they may even throw Guy under the bus, but the new coach and the personnel man will have no real juice and Ralph and Russ will remain the men behind the curtain who pull all the strings.<o:p></o:p>
it can be argued that they are doing just that with imminent hiring of Weiss

Michael82
12-29-2009, 12:20 AM
Yes, I think they are, that's my gut feeling.
No way in hell! They just aren't interviewing any GM candidates yet, because they aren't allowed to, until after the season.