X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Demon
    • Mar 2003

Bill Polian in trouble in Indy?

As it turns out, Colts coach Jim Caldwell wasn't the only guy taking heat for the ill-advised decision to throw back a chance at perfection like a fish not big enough to be a "keeper."

Team president Bill Polian has been getting hammered, too. And he faced the wrath of Colts fans during his Monday radio show.

And as pointed out by the folks at StampedeBlue.com, the one-hour program abruptly ended with 10 minutes to go, just as a caller had Polian on the run regarding Polian's position that injured starters shouldn't play in a meaningless game. The caller correctly explained that the decision to remove quarterback Peyton Manning and other healthy players had nothing to do with injuries.

At that point, the show went dead.

As StampedeBlue.com aptly puts it, "[J]ust like pulling the starters Sunday, Bill Polian seemed to pull himself out of the show early to avoid further injury."

Per the blog, Polian was "rude" throughout the show to callers who took exception with the decision not to go for the win.
    Link- http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ly-radio-show/

Looks like he may not be able to handle the heat.
    Impossible is Nothing.

• T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Re: Bill Polian in trouble in Indy?

I read that earlier, and I truly never thought he had such a bad rep around the NFL for being a jerk. Maybe Ralph isn't all to blame for Polian leaving, he may have worn out his welcome.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

Honestly, if it were Polian who made that decision, he overstepped his grounds, he shouldn't be fired but he shouldn't have done it. Players want to win, if the Colts could have gone undefeated, these guys would of had that to hang their hat on for the rest of their lives. It isn't about injuries to these players, they play to be the best at what they do, anybody with a competitive bone in their body understands that.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

these ****ers are 14-1 and have something like 5 or 6 straight seasons with double digit wins.

These fans need to just STFU already.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• New Ro's Greatest
          • Sep 2008

I can't believe the Colts fans are acting like this! Try not going to the playoffs for a decade like we have! Screw 16-0 the only thing that matters is the ring period! GO BILLS

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
            • Dec 2002

I really wouldn't care if Polian killed kittens for sick amusement. Best GM in th hsistory of the game IMO.

Colts fans need to StFU.

Comment

• realdealryan
              realdealrex
              • Nov 2005

You guys have no idea how bad things are. Everything is just ***** ***** ***** and "we should get a refund" and "you play to win and this undermines the game" and the whole 9 yards. I swear they are going to burn this town to the ground when 18 retires.

I tried to remind them that the offense they saw on Sunday would be their playoff offense if Peyton gets hurt in a meaningless game.

I tried to remind them that they just rattled off 23 straight wins and consistently field one of the best teams in the NFL.

I tried to remind them that other teams can't expect 12-14 wins each year and can only pray for playoffs.

I tried to remind them that they could be Bills fans.

I tried to remind them that Polian said that if there is nothing to gain, starters will sit. He said it on his radio show. They do it every year.

AND THEY STILL WANT A PARTIAL REFUND FOR SUNDAY'S GAME.

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

The caller correctly explained that the decision to remove quarterback Peyton Manning and other healthy players had nothing to do with injuries.
                Then what did it have to do with? What am I missing?
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

Come on GUYS, this is ******ed. I've played on a couple undefeated teams in my pewee years, and let me tell you, if it were on a professional level, then WOWEEE, that would be amazing. ^_^

Just picture what the pros are playing for, going UNDEFEATED MEANS ALOT.

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

I do see the fans point about the refunds even though it's the teams right to sit their players. People paid full price for tickets and were excited about rooting the team on to being undefeated. The organization did not come through and sat key players. If only 65 percent of the team played then they should only charge 65 percent full ticket price.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

If they want a partial refund for Sunday, Bills fans should demand a full refund for the past 5 years.

That Colts team that was out on the field in the 4th quarter was as good as the team we field every Sunday.

Comment

• Devin
                        The Octagon
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        these ****ers are 14-1 and have something like 5 or 6 straight seasons with double digit wins.

Couldn't have said it better. The man is the best talent evaluator.......ever. He builds championship calibur teams at will. He can pretty much say or do whatever the he'll he wants. He isn't going anywhere.
                        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by T-Long
                          I read that earlier, and I truly never thought he had such a bad rep around the NFL for being a jerk. Maybe Ralph isn't all to blame for Polian leaving, he may have worn out his welcome.
                          no. Ralph is all to blame

Would you rather have a jerk who wins or a nice guy that losses.

I've met Polian at UB stuff several times in recent years and he's always come across as a nice guy to me.

he hated Ralph's meddling daughter, and everyone knows that is what led to the blow up

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Commissioner
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37

Exactly.... so if you are used to winning that much... what's the next best thing?

PERFECTION!!!

Everyone knows what the 72 Dolphins did in history... why not make some of your own.

I hope Peyton Manning twists his ankle rolling out of bed before their 1st playoff game. Karma's beotch.
                            Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Billz_fan
                              • Jan 2003

Well if they win the SB then everything will be good again. No more heat. If they don't win the SB then everyone is going to point to this moment in time when they powers that be removed the momentum, the edge, the rythm or whatever you want to call it from the team. The heat will increase.

Should be fun to watch it play out
                              The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

Working...
                              X