PDA

View Full Version : Troy Smith Requests to Be Traded

BILLSROCK1212
12-28-2009, 10:16 PM
http://twitter.com/RalphCindrich/status/7124549935

Interest?? Even if it's just to start for a year while we groom a QB??

bigbub2352
12-28-2009, 10:20 PM
no

realdealryan
12-28-2009, 10:26 PM
give him a look

clumping platelets
12-28-2009, 10:43 PM
no thanks

Jaybird
12-28-2009, 10:49 PM
the ravens would have made him their starter if it weren't for a preseason injury, and the surprise start of flacco.

Smith is a mobile Qb who is very accurate and has a strong arm. His size might be an issue. I have been a fan of his since his college days.

Would be something to consider, but i would prefer bringing in Vick

DraftBoy
12-29-2009, 07:39 AM
It depends on the cost. Smith didn't grade out highly entering the draft and really has been an enigma thus far in the NFL. His arm is average, not strong, and his accuracy is good but not elite.

His career numbers;
48-89 53.9%, 558 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT, 3 Fumbles

Jan Reimers
12-29-2009, 07:43 AM
Poor man's Mike Vick.

No thanks.

THATHURMANATOR
12-29-2009, 07:55 AM
I would for a low round pick. WHY NOT????? There is not much else out there.

Get him for a low pick and draft a QB early.

mikemac2001
12-29-2009, 08:55 AM
trade a 6 and have brohm and smith battle it out this year with fitz as 3rd

while we work on the oline then draft QB next year...if one of them doesn't work out

HHURRICANE
12-29-2009, 08:56 AM
We should bring in every loser and retread and see why they sucked on their last team.

Ohh, actually we did that with Fitzpatrick and Brohm but let's keep trying this experiment even though we know what the result will be.

Night Train
12-29-2009, 09:00 AM
I'm a Buckeye fan and even I don't want him.

I don't care what they list him at. He's not even 6 feet tall and has lots of passes knocked down. Average arm.

If this was college and your team was running the option, he'd be a good choice.

I'm happy he won the Heisman but that was his peak.

Bill Cody
12-29-2009, 09:09 AM

I don't care what they list him at. He's not even 6 feet tall and has lots of passes knocked down. Average arm.

If this was college and your team was running the option, he'd be a good choice.

I'm happy he won the Heisman but that was his peak.

Doug Flutie II. I like him.

DraftBoy
12-29-2009, 10:31 AM
I would for a low round pick. WHY NOT????? There is not much else out there.

Get him for a low pick and draft a QB early.

Id rather draft a QB late than take a flyer on Smith, or take a stab at Josh Johnson (Tampa) or Dennis Dixon (Pitt).

DraftBoy
12-29-2009, 10:32 AM
We should bring in every loser and retread and see why they sucked on their last team.

Ohh, actually we did that with Fitzpatrick and Brohm but let's keep trying this experiment even though we know what the result will be.

:rofl:

Oh that's rich.

jdbillsfan
12-29-2009, 10:43 AM
Id rather draft a QB late than take a flyer on Smith, or take a stab at Josh Johnson (Tampa) or Dennis Dixon (Pitt).

Any idea what Dixon would cost? I thought he looked pretty good in his outing this year.

DraftBoy
12-29-2009, 10:49 AM
Any idea what Dixon would cost? I thought he looked pretty good in his outing this year.

No real solid idea, Id venture to guess a mid round pick, 4th or 5th?

LtFinFan66
12-29-2009, 12:01 PM

I'm happy he won the Heisman but that was his peak.guess I missed the Buckeyes running the option when he was there....just saying

trapezeus
12-29-2009, 12:03 PM
if this "request" doesn't get granted, his next request might be that your repeat your order in the drive thru mic.

Having Troy smith would suck....trading for him would suck more.

DraftBoy
12-29-2009, 12:04 PM
guess I missed the Buckeyes running the option when he was there....just saying

He never said Ohio State ran the option...just saying.

Bill Cody
12-29-2009, 02:16 PM
if this "request" doesn't get granted, his next request might be that your repeat your order in the drive thru mic.

Having Troy smith would suck....trading for him would suck more.

Troy Smith is better than anything we have and he's actually been through the process of lerning what the NFL is all about even if he hasn't played much. He's more ready to play than Brohm, he's more talented than Fitzpatrick and he'd probably cost a 7th rounder. I have no idea why taking a shot there would "suck". The kid won the Heisman trophy in a top program! He's not garbage. Is he an NFL starter? IDK but I wouldn't mind finding out. Watching Smith is at the very least a whole lot less boring that what we've been looking at post Bledsoe around here. He is Doug Flutie II, intangibles that are off the charts, a proven winner. Bring him in.