PDA

View Full Version : Up to date "draft slot" news

patmoran2006
12-28-2009, 11:18 PM
* With the Chicago win on Monday night over Minnesota, a Bills loss OR a Chicago win would mean the very worst the Bills could pick in the draft is 9th.

* I'm also told that Strength of Schedule between Seattle and Buffalo is SO close, that it may literally come down to a coinflip if both finish 5-11.

* Seattle plays Tennessee at home on Sunday (go Hawks!)

* Oakland (5 wins) plays at home against Baltimore

ANyway, S.O.S is going to be very hard to forecast when you factor in uncommon opponents this year, especially if more than two teams are tied.

The very best the Bills could pick in the draft is 5th, but they would need to lose and get a TON of help, including wins by Cleveland and Washington as well as possibly Oakland and Seattle (aint all happening)

Realistic Scenario: If the Bills win against a backup Colts team, they will almost certainly be picking 9th in the draft. If they lose, they could still pick as bad as #9, but could move up 1 or 2 spots.

Basically, slot the Bills in somewhere between 7 and 10.

Dying_-2-_Live
12-28-2009, 11:25 PM
what its been for a while

Commissioner
12-28-2009, 11:26 PM
5th-9th... We should get Mallet anywhere in there.

BILLSROCK1212
12-28-2009, 11:27 PM
it would really benefit us to move up 2 spots to 6

patmoran2006
12-28-2009, 11:28 PM
what its been for a while

Well yeah, with the exception being one of the three 5 win teams (chicago) won tonight, making it possible for the Bills to win on Sunday and still pick as low as 9 instead of 10 if the Bears can handle the Lions.

Might not seem like it, but if they have a top OT or QB in mind could be all the difference between 9 vs 10.

See Patrick Willis > Marshawn Lynch at 11 vs 12 when the BIlls wanted Willis

patmoran2006
12-28-2009, 11:29 PM
it would really benefit us to move up 2 spots to 6

I dont think we're going to get as high as six. I think seven realistically is the best we're going to do, and thats if we lose Sunday, which is no lock against Painter and the Colts backups

patmoran2006
12-28-2009, 11:29 PM

You think Mallet is a top 5-10 first round draft pick?

elltrain22
12-28-2009, 11:33 PM
Realistically, we could end up w/ a very, very good football player. Gerald McCoy, Sam Bradford, Dez Bryant, or Russel Okung.

Commissioner
12-28-2009, 11:34 PM
You think Mallet is a top 5-10 first round draft pick?

I think you could see his stock rise after he gets hyped up at the combine (if he comes out).... maybe see him as the 2nd or 3rd rated QB...

I would take him their anyways instead of hoping he falls to the 2nd.... let him sit on the bench for a year and learn under Charlie Weis.

We need a real franchise QB.... and I think he's the only legit one in the draft.

clumping platelets
12-28-2009, 11:35 PM
Just say no to QB in rd 1

clumping platelets
12-28-2009, 11:36 PM
Realistically, we could end up w/ a very, very good football player. Gerald McCoy, Dez Bryant, or Russel Okung.

No Bradford but I would be happy with any of these 3 or even McClain from Bama

patmoran2006
I think you could see his stock rise after he gets hyped up at the combine (if he comes out).... maybe see him as the 2nd or 3rd rated QB...

I would take him their anyways instead of hoping he falls to the 2nd.... let him sit on the bench for a year and learn under Charlie Weis.

We need a real franchise QB.... and I think he's the only legit one in the draft.

By no means am I disagreeing with you, to be frank I don't enough about him to evaluate him. I just don't recall having heard of him as a potential top 7 or so pick in the draft.

Anyway, the Bills have a long history of trading up into the second half of the first round for a second pick in that round. Maybe they will do that with him.

Though I'm not big on college QB rankings right now, Im very interested to see how Pike plays against Florida in the Sugar Bowl.

tampabay25690

WHAT?????
Mallet is not NFL ready at all very immature player...
Great upside and great arm but immature...

patmoran2006
12-28-2009, 11:37 PM
Just say no to QB in rd 1
I agree plus I would be shocked if Clausen or ESPECIALLY Bradford were there past the top 5-6 picks anyway.

tampabay25690
12-28-2009, 11:38 PM

Is Charlie Weis with the Bills???
I didn't hear that yet....

tampabay25690
12-28-2009, 11:39 PM
I agree plus I would be shocked if Clausen or ESPECIALLY Bradford were there past the top 5-6 picks anyway.

If Clasuen or Bradford are there when the Bills pick it will be very hard for Buffalo to pass up..

Mr. Pink
12-28-2009, 11:40 PM
Well, if we plan to stick to the cover 2, where we are slotted, Eric Berry wouldn't be too bad of a pick.

He'd be the guy that Whitner was supposed to be.

If we scrap the Cover 2...it's a crapshoot right now based upon who goes before us.

Dez Bryant could realistically fall to us or Bradford.

tampabay25690
12-28-2009, 11:40 PM
By no means am I disagreeing with you, to be frank I don't enough about him to evaluate him. I just don't recall having heard of him as a potential top 7 or so pick in the draft.

Anyway, the Bills have a long history of trading up into the second half of the first round for a second pick in that round. Maybe they will do that with him.

Though I'm not big on college QB rankings right now, Im very interested to see how Pike plays against Florida in the Sugar Bowl.

Yea I want to see PIKE play against a defense as fast as Florida..
I don't like Pike at all and Im trying to figure out what everyone sees that I don't...

tampabay25690
12-28-2009, 11:41 PM
Well, if we plan to stick to the cover 2, where we are slotted, Eric Berry wouldn't be too bad of a pick.

If we scrap the Cover 2...it's a crapshoot right now based upon who goes before us.

Berry will be gone before the Bills pick.
2nd best defensive player in the draft, possibly #1.......

Crisis
12-28-2009, 11:43 PM

I love Berry, but I'm pretty sure this board would explode if we drafted a DB in the top 10.

Commissioner
12-28-2009, 11:47 PM
WHAT?????
Mallet is not NFL ready at all very immature player...
Great upside and great arm but immature...

Yeah.. and thats why i said sit him for a year and develop him.

Demon
12-28-2009, 11:47 PM

Be prepared to be shocked, Clausen may still be on the board when we pick..... in the second round.

tampabay25690
12-28-2009, 11:48 PM
I love Berry, but I'm pretty sure this board would explode if we drafted a DB in the top 10.

Agreed this board will expolde with any guy we pick anyway...:op:

Demon
12-28-2009, 11:49 PM

Eric Berry? You're kidding right.

George Wilson and Donte Whitner can battle it out for playing time and who will play along side the Birdman.

tampabay25690
12-28-2009, 11:49 PM
Yeah.. and thats why i said sit him for a year and develop him.

I understand what you are saying but this team doesnt have time for a guy to sit a year....
If I were Mallet I would stay in school 1 more year to develop...

Commissioner
12-28-2009, 11:50 PM

I have seen him rated in the top 10 in mock drafts.... but I haven't heard that from anyone on tv.

But I would rate him that high. I think he has the best potential of any QB coming out....

Clausen is a future bust.... <--- mark my words.

tampabay25690

George Wilson and Donte Whitner can battle it out for playing time and who will play along side the Birdman.

He is a great player but not a need that we must go after...

Commissioner
I understand what you are saying but this team doesnt have time for a guy to sit a year....
If I were Mallet I would stay in school 1 more year to develop...

Don't have time? We are rebuilding... next year is not going to be a year of playoff hopes.

Demon
12-28-2009, 11:52 PM
Those wanting Berry OR a QB in round one, may not have realized, but we MUST somehow stop the run.... that must be the top priority. The NJ Jets had a rookie play terribly all year, but their defense gave him great field position and played well in many games and their on the verge of making the playoffs. QB is very important, don't get me wrong, but we need to fix the run defense with the first pick. Also add a free agent maybe and hope our "offensive minded" coach whoever it may be, will find ways to score with whoever we have at QB.

Commissioner
12-28-2009, 11:52 PM

Here's one mock that i saw.... Mallet at #7 to Buffalo.
http://newnfldraft.com/

tampabay25690
12-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Don't have time? We are rebuilding... next year is not going to be a year of playoff hopes.

You never know what can happen year to year....
We win the 1st game vs New England this whole season is different....

Commissioner
12-28-2009, 11:56 PM
You never know what can happen year to year....
We win the 1st game vs New England this whole season is different....

I doubt it... Jauron wasn't going to magically become a better coach, and offensive lineman wouldn't have stopped getting injured.... and Trent Edwards wouldn't have stopped checking down.

tampabay25690
12-29-2009, 12:00 AM
I doubt it... Jauron wasn't going to magically become a better coach, and offensive lineman wouldn't have stopped getting injured.... and Trent Edwards wouldn't have stopped checking down.

We will never know

bflojohn
12-29-2009, 12:03 AM
Great Blue North Report has an up-to-date ranking of the draft order as the outcome with the Bears/Vikings is in, and we're picking 8th at the moment! It looks like Seattle has to win for the pick to be slotted 7th. Strength of schedule means that Washington and Cleveland could both win, and we'd still only rise to 7th and more likely (a Seattle loss) remain at 8!
The order looks like this now...
1.) St. Louis 1-14
2.) Detroit 2-13
3.) Kansas City 3-12
4.) Tampa Bay 3-12
5.) Washington 4-11
6.) Cleveland 4-11
7.)Seattle 5-10
8.) Buffalo 5-10
If the Bills win Sunday, they could slide to 9th or 10th depending on Chicago's game with Detroit. More likely to be 9th. Denver owns the Bears selection!!

Mr. Pink
12-29-2009, 12:06 AM
He is a great player but not a need that we must go after...

This team has about 20 needs.

The only thing we don't need is replacements for Byrd or Moorman.

Outside of Suh who is the top player in the draft, Bryant and Berry are next on the list. I don't see how you pass on either of them if they're on the board where we pick.

And no, I don't think either will be, but it's possible.

I honestly wouldn't be too upset if we traded back to the middle of the first round and went after Gresham either though or Brandon Spikes.

If we stay where we are, the pick is likely to be Trent Williams OT or Rolando McClain LB

clumping platelets
12-29-2009, 12:12 AM
Agreed this board will expolde with any guy we pick anyway...:op:

:check:

tampabay25690
12-29-2009, 12:29 AM

Outside of Suh who is the top player in the draft, Bryant and Berry are next on the list. I don't see how you pass on either of them if they're on the board where we pick.

I honestly wouldn't be too upset if we traded back to the middle of the first round and went after Gresham either though or Brandon Spikes.

If we stay where we are, the pick is likely to be Trent Williams OT or Rolando McClain LB

I would be thrilled if we got McClain 1 big need would be a start...:cheers:

tampabay25690
12-29-2009, 12:30 AM

BILLSROCK1212
12-29-2009, 12:34 AM
whoever it is that we pick will instantly become the face of the franchise, this draft needs to produce 2 studs at least

Mr. Pink
12-29-2009, 12:41 AM

To be honest with all the holes we have I wouldn't mind trading down to around 15 if we could, acquire extra picks and draft Brandon Spikes instead.

I don't think the difference between McClain and Spikes isn't all that much and more picks would mean we could get more quality players.

dannyek71
12-29-2009, 07:19 AM
No dez bryant. Havent we learned that you need to have someone block for the QB before all world recievers can catch the passes?

mysticsoto
12-29-2009, 07:28 AM

Eric Berry is a great player, but we have more pressing needs. Byrd next to Bryan Scott would be my choice. Scott is solid and always where he needs to be (if not as fast as Whitner). Whitner is too spotty on his big plays and Wilson has developed into a decent backup, but I prefer he not start. Scott will likely move back to Safety when all our LBs come back from injury next year.

dasaybz
12-29-2009, 07:29 AM
* With the Chicago win on Monday night over Minnesota, a Bills loss OR a Chicago win would mean the very worst the Bills could pick in the draft is 9th.

* I'm also told that Strength of Schedule between Seattle and Buffalo is SO close, that it may literally come down to a coinflip if both finish 5-11.

* Seattle plays Tennessee at home on Sunday (go Hawks!)

* Oakland (5 wins) plays at home against Baltimore

ANyway, S.O.S is going to be very hard to forecast when you factor in uncommon opponents this year, especially if more than two teams are tied.

The very best the Bills could pick in the draft is 5th, but they would need to lose and get a TON of help, including wins by Cleveland and Washington as well as possibly Oakland and Seattle (aint all happening)

Realistic Scenario: If the Bills win against a backup Colts team, they will almost certainly be picking 9th in the draft. If they lose, they could still pick as bad as #9, but could move up 1 or 2 spots.

Basically, slot the Bills in somewhere between 7 and 10.

Wow, I'm shocked that there isn't a link back to your website on this.

streetkings01
12-29-2009, 07:52 AM
Well yeah, with the exception being one of the three 5 win teams (chicago) won tonight, making it possible for the Bills to win on Sunday and still pick as low as 9 instead of 10 if the Bears can handle the Lions.

Might not seem like it, but if they have a top OT or QB in mind could be all the difference between 9 vs 10.

See Patrick Willis > Marshawn Lynch at 11 vs 12 when the BIlls wanted WillisThe Bills never wanted Willis and the 49ers gave them the opportunity to switch spots and get him. Chris Brown did a story about it in Bills Digest......he said that the 49ers called the Bills asking if they wanted to switch spots because they felt the Bills wanted Willis.......the Bills said no thank you, the 49ers drafted Willis and the guys in the war room all chuckled according to Brownie.

T-Long
12-29-2009, 07:57 AM
The Bills never wanted Willis and the 49ers gave them the opportunity to switch spots and get him. Chris Brown did a story about it in Bills Digest......he said that the 49ers called the Bills asking if they wanted to switch spots because they felt the Bills wanted Willis.......the Bills said no thank you, the 49ers drafted Willis and the guys in the war room all chuckled according to Brownie.
Well that just goes to show you what ******s we have running the show. To move up a spot and get a player of Willis' caliber and to pass up on it? What a joke. Who's laughing now? God, I seriously would like to walk up to Modrak/Guy/Brandon and just punch em in the mouth.

Typ0
12-29-2009, 07:58 AM
The higher we pick the more we are going to reach and pay the bust we draft. let's get another win.

THATHURMANATOR
12-29-2009, 08:08 AM

Yeah I hear Berry is great and all but it is one of the last needs possible on this team. Wilson and Whitner are not great but surely competent players.

Philagape
12-29-2009, 09:07 AM
No dez bryant. Havent we learned that you need to have someone block for the QB before all world recievers can catch the passes?

They're going to need a LT and WR, among many other needs. The order they get them in is irrelevant compared to the quality of the players.

baalworship
12-29-2009, 09:14 AM
Looking at next week schedule, it really does not matter too much if we win or lose. Even if we lose we could drop back to 9th because Oakland will lose to Baltimore and our SOS will most likely be higher from the Colts.

A win won't matter much either because we are already near the back of the pack for the crap teams.

Seattle winning would be nice but they look to be in full tank mode to me. Cleveland and Washington could win but we look to have a higher SOS after Colts game.