PDA

View Full Version : With the 8th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft

T-Long
12-29-2009, 07:54 AM
Here is another weekly installment of my draft game. If the draft should pan out this way, who do you take at 8? As always, I don't care about your opinion on the Top 7, it's irrelevant because nobody knows what's going to happen. If this should be how it plays out, make your pick. NO talks of trading down for chrissakes!

1. St. Louis: QB Jimmy Claussen
2. Detroit: DT Ndamukong Suh
3. KC: OT Russell Okung
4. TB: DT Gerald McCoy
5. WAS: QB Sam Bradford
6. CLE: S Eric Berry
7. SEA: DE Derrick Morgan
8. BUF: ?

My pick is OT Bruce Campbell. What's yours?

THATHURMANATOR
12-29-2009, 08:10 AM
Can't go wrong with Campbell there.

FlyingDutchman
12-29-2009, 08:12 AM
I know its not popular, but Dez Bryant

P.S imo no shot Bradford goes in the top 10, and ill be surprised if any QB goes in the top 15

WeAreArthurMoates
12-29-2009, 08:12 AM
I love McClain to death but LT is a our biggest need. Bruce Campbell for me. That said we need to take Spikes in the 2nd or Micah Johnson in the 3rd then.

FlyingDutchman
12-29-2009, 08:13 AM
also, T-Long who is that in your sig? reaction looks hilarious

ddaryl
12-29-2009, 08:14 AM
Hard to call. Is Campbell really a top LT for the NFL ? I haven't done much research on him...

I know McLain is a heluva a LBer.

McClain or Campbell at this junction

THATHURMANATOR
12-29-2009, 08:14 AM
Bryant would be decent too considering we will lose TO and Reed but I think we could easily grab another receiver in free agency. GO LT!!!

EDS
12-29-2009, 08:19 AM
Hard to call. Is Campbell really a top LT for the NFL ? I haven't done much research on him...

I know McLain is a heluva a LBer.

McClain or Campbell at this junction

Agreed. My heart says stud middle linebacker but my head says left tackle. That said, I think McClain could come in and be the Bills best defender day 1, whereas Campbell may take some time to get up to speed (although he will still likely be better than anyone else on the roster).

trapezeus
12-29-2009, 08:21 AM
if it takes Bruce campbell more than 3 seconds to pass Andre Ramsey, demetrius bell, and jon scott on the depth chart, i'd be stunned.

one second for each guy. not 3 seconds a piece...just for the record.

Ebenezer
12-29-2009, 08:29 AM
Berry, Morgan and Bradford will all slide out of the top 10.

baalworship
12-29-2009, 08:39 AM
Everyone likes Campbell's potential but isn't picking him a bit Maybinesque? Every draft report I read on him is about high upside, very raw, project type player.

Raptor
12-29-2009, 08:49 AM
I like Davis from Rutgers

EDS
12-29-2009, 08:50 AM
Everyone likes Campbell's potential but isn't picking him a bit Maybinesque? Every draft report I read on him is about high upside, very raw, project type player.

In that sense he is perfect for the Bills as the Bills have consistently drafted projects with high early first round picks: Maybin, McKelvin, Whitner, etc.

baalworship
12-29-2009, 09:25 AM
At this point I would take McLain. Dude would instantly be the best player on our D and allow us to move Poz outside, upgrading 2 spots.

Mr. Pink
12-29-2009, 09:33 AM
Dez Bryant.

Biggest impact player left on the board and likely the biggest difference maker in this draft.

WeAreArthurMoates
12-29-2009, 09:33 AM

Big difference, Campbell will be playing the position he should be playing. While raw, Campbell will not be undersized, and will not lack athletecism, all things that could dome raw LT's. Now if we draft Campbell to play DT, yes then this would be a great comparison.

jimbohastle51
12-29-2009, 10:03 AM
there is no way that 1 of the 2 QB's will be there for us. either clausen or bradford will fall alittle. we will take one of them.

T-Long
12-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Berry, Morgan and Bradford will all slide out of the top 10.
and yet people still comment on the Top 7. Unreal.

HAMMER
12-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Best corner available, then safety in the 2nd, RB in the 3rd.

Mr. Pink
12-29-2009, 10:12 AM
Best corner available, then safety in the 2nd, RB in the 3rd.

So that means we're drafting Joe Haden!

Great!

ChristopherWalken
12-29-2009, 10:13 AM
http://dictated.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/bruce-campbell.jpg

ptd86
12-29-2009, 10:17 AM
what good would dez bryant be without a qb or oline?

Ed
12-29-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm jumping on the Rolando McClain bandwagon. 8th feels too high for a LB, but the guy appears to be a total stud. LB's seem to have a much lower bust rate then other positions, so it would be nice to feel confident that we're getting a great player and good value while filling one of our biggest needs. We really can't afford to blow another top 10 pick and McClain probably gives us the best shot of not doing that.

I'd also give strong consideration to WR Dez Bryant. I'd be ok with the next best OT, but with Okung off the board, I don't know if we'd be getting good value.

don137
12-29-2009, 10:40 AM
what good would dez bryant be without a qb or oline?

Agreed. Its kind of like owning a nice car but having no gas. While it looks nice it is useless without the other part.

DraftBoy
12-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Ill have to stick with my faithful pick of Dez Bryant here. I dont think Campbell's stock is high enough right now to warrant a top 10 selection but its close. Though I did put Campbell in the top 10 of my first round mock going to Oakland but that's because they are renowned reachers in the draft.

Spiller is also very compelling to me, and McClain if he comes out early.

T-Long
12-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Ill have to stick with my faithful pick of Dez Bryant here. I dont think Campbell's stock is high enough right now to warrant a top 10 selection but its close. Though I did put Campbell in the top 10 of my first round mock going to Oakland but that's because they are renowned reachers in the draft.

I'm curious as to why you think the Bills could go with Spiller considering there are other positions in dire need of replacements?

DraftBoy
12-29-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm curious as to why you think the Bills could go with Spiller considering there are other positions in dire need of replacements?

Spiller has Chris Johnson like potential, he's not as fast but he is as shifty, and more powerful a runner. If you decide to move a Marshawn Lynch then I think Spiller could be a terrific replacement to combo with Fred Jackson.

Many teams are becoming more pass happy and less dependant on ball control and the running game. Personally Im more traditional, I want a back who can wear down defenses and set up my play action passing attack. A back like Spiller does that, imo.

bigbub2352
12-29-2009, 11:31 AM
I like McClain if he comes out here we need a playmaker on D
also look long and hard at Bradford

Mr. Pink
12-29-2009, 11:33 AM

Question for you...

Personally I don't think the difference between McClain and Brandon Spikes is that much...

What do you see out of McClain that puts him above Spikes to make him very compelling?

DraftBoy
12-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Question for you...

Personally I don't think the difference between McClain and Brandon Spikes is that much...

What do you see out of McClain that puts him above Spikes to make him very compelling?

To keep it simple; Athleticism.

McClain is out of this world athletic, and that's not just a speed thing. His instincts are unreal and he has the strength to shed blockers so well. He's so smooth, he reminds me very much of Patrick Willis.

Spikes will be a very good LB, I have questions about his character, maturity and his ability to play under control but he is a 1st round pick as well.

T-Long
12-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Spiller has Chris Johnson like potential, he's not as fast but he is as shifty, and more powerful a runner. If you decide to move a Marshawn Lynch then I think Spiller could be a terrific replacement to combo with Fred Jackson.

Many teams are becoming more pass happy and less dependant on ball control and the running game. Personally Im more traditional, I want a back who can wear down defenses and set up my play action passing attack. A back like Spiller does that, imo.
Now that makes more sense. I didn't realize that you were implying getting rid of Lynch. Why do I have this feeling that if Weis is hired that we trade Lynch and our #1 to move up and take Claussen?

DraftBoy
12-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Now that makes more sense. I didn't realize that you were implying getting rid of Lynch. Why do I have this feeling that if Weis is hired that we trade Lynch and our #1 to move up and take Claussen?

Yes if we take Spiller Im assuming we dump either Lynch or Jackson.

I dont think that second thing will happen.

Mr. Pink
12-29-2009, 11:38 AM
To keep it simple; Athleticism.

McClain is out of this world athletic, and that's not just a speed thing. His instincts are unreal and he has the strength to shed blockers so well. He's so smooth, he reminds me very much of Patrick Willis.

Spikes will be a very good LB, I have questions about his character, maturity and his ability to play under control but he is a 1st round pick as well.

Basically the same opinion I have...

I think they're closer to the same on the field - skill wise than you - but what separates them is the character and maturity.

patmoran2006
12-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Are you sure they are picking 8th currently and not 9th?

T-Long
12-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Are you sure they are picking 8th currently and not 9th?
This is what Walter Football posted last night after the MNF game.

Demon
12-29-2009, 12:10 PM
Rolando McClain. Instantly helps with the run defense and also gives us much needed leadership to our defense.

baalworship
12-29-2009, 12:18 PM
For those who haven't seen it, great article on McClain. BTW, the player I really want is Bradford but under this scenario I would take McClain.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=4619628

Demon
12-29-2009, 12:19 PM

If Spiller played for a huge school, he'd be a top 4-5 pick. He's a Reggie Bush clone from college. Yet, he's a 10-15 player because he plays for Clemson.

Dying_-2-_Live
12-29-2009, 01:17 PM
A productive WR is a lot easier to find than an elite OT. (just look at sam aiken)
Id say Campbell

PECKERWOOD
12-29-2009, 01:30 PM
In that scenario, I'd go with Rolando McClain.

mikemac2001
12-29-2009, 01:35 PM
oLINE or Def front 7

bflojohn
12-29-2009, 03:42 PM
The player that will skyrocket into the top ten possibly is NT Dan Williams from Tennessee! I am also a proponent of front 7 talent for the Bills, and he or Terrance Cody are my primary wants in this draft. The best scouting report on Cody was the Bill Parcells reference about "in this world" talent meaning guys like Cody are rare in the NFL due to their awesome athletic ability at that size. I want strength up the gut to stop the run,,, plain and simple!!!

PECKERWOOD
12-29-2009, 04:01 PM
You've got to admit, if we drafted McClain are front seven problems would pretty much be solved. Posluszny is quietly having a pretty exceptional year for the time that he has missed, so if we bumped him outside to say SLB then we could be in solid shape. Mitchell, McClain, Posluszny would make for a good unit.

Night Train
12-29-2009, 07:54 PM
LB McClain of Alabama. He has star written all over him.

TigerJ
12-29-2009, 09:47 PM
I wouldn't mind Campbell or McClain in the eighth spot.