PDA

View Full Version : Fox's job safe in Carolina. Cowher as a Bill's HC??

HHURRICANE
12-29-2009, 09:09 AM
A day after the Panthers (7-8) routed the New York Giants for their third win in four games, The Charlotte Observer reported Fox and general manager Marty Hurney will be "offered the opportunity to return next season" by owner Jerry Richardson.

However, the report Monday said Fox will not be given a contract extension. He's due to make more than $6 million in 2010, the final season of his deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4776316

Ebenezer
12-29-2009, 09:26 AM
you already said you want Shottz...

bigbub2352
12-29-2009, 09:40 AM
I want Cowher over anything else

djjimkelly
12-29-2009, 09:54 AM
A day after the Panthers (7-8) routed the New York Giants for their third win in four games, The Charlotte Observer reported Fox and general manager Marty Hurney will be "offered the opportunity to return next season" by owner Jerry Richardson.

However, the report Monday said Fox will not be given a contract extension. He's due to make more than $6 million in 2010, the final season of his deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4776316

maybe cowher said he wants one more year off and thats why fox is playing out his contract

ddaryl
12-29-2009, 09:56 AM
see my signature

bring us "the Chin"

Billz_fan
12-29-2009, 09:56 AM
Cowher to the Bills ? You Zoners always lnow how to make me chuckle :D

FlyingDutchman
12-29-2009, 10:01 AM

i know right! he is the king of misleading titles...just brutal...also there was a thread about this already

Night Train
12-29-2009, 10:04 AM
You must have lots of Billboard $$

So We Want Shotty will be somewhere on the 190, We Want Cowher on the 90 and We Want Grimm on Transit Rd.

FlyingDutchman
12-29-2009, 10:04 AM

i guess thats the only way to get people to read a repetative thread....im going to start one that says:

Ralph wilson is getting old and doctors say he probably only has about 5 more years,Ralph Wilson dying?!

HHURRICANE
12-29-2009, 10:09 AM
you already said you want Shottz...

I want Shot. Just putting it out there.

HHURRICANE
12-29-2009, 10:11 AM
i know right! he is the king of misleading titles...just brutal...also there was a thread about this already

I guess the double question mark was too confusing for your third grade red-neck education.

don137
12-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Fox's contract is up at the end of 2010 so this is not exactly a ringing endorsement since coaches ares usually given extensions with a year left on their contract. This means Fox could look for a more secure job elsewhere after the season if he thinks he can get a long contract. If that happens Carolina does not have to pay his 6MM dollar salary.
I am not 100% convinced Fox will not look for a new coaching gig at the end of the year.

HHURRICANE
12-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Fox's contract is up at the end of 2010 so this is not exactly a ringing endorsement since coaches ares usually given extensions with a year left on their contract. This means Fox could look for a more secure job elsewhere after the season if he thinks he can get a long contract. If that happens Carolina does not have to pay his 6MM dollar salary.
I am not 100% convinced Fox will not look for a new coaching gig at the end of the year.

I'll be shocked if Cowher doesn't end up in Charlotte. With that said just because it's convenient for Bill Cowhere to coach in Carolina doesn't mean the Panthers feel the same way.

Interesting that it was the first time I saw a potential "no interest" pop up surrounding the whole thing.

FlyingDutchman
12-29-2009, 10:48 AM
I guess the double question mark was too confusing for your third grade red-neck education.

i guess not one mention of the buffalo bills in this article totally confused your 1st grade education (owner of a business my foot lol, now do you see why people have no respect for you and call you brutal?). i should have known by the second question mark though right? hahaha what a tool

FlyingDutchman
12-29-2009, 10:52 AM

oh snap btw, that was extremely witty

FlyingDutchman
12-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Sky Deutschland CEO to Step Down , new owner for the bills??

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704107104574572042609983958.html

HHURRICANE
12-29-2009, 10:57 AM
i guess not one mention of the buffalo bills in this article totally confused your 1st grade education (owner of a business my foot lol, now do you see why people have no respect for you and call you brutal?). i should have known by the second question mark though right? hahaha what a tool

Cowher avalaible, not a sure thing that he lands in Carolina, Bill looking for a coach??

Flyingdouche your awesome at highjacking threads but useless as far as bringing anything to this board.

FlyingDutchman
12-29-2009, 11:06 AM
Cowher avalaible, not a sure thing that he lands in Carolina, Bill looking for a coach??

Flyingdouche your awesome at highjacking threads but useless as far as bringing anything to this board.

hijacking threads? i made comments about how misleading this is and you went to personal attacks in which you are still doing...i bring discussion to this board just not with you bc your a complete joke as far as football intelligence goes, and are annoying as hell with the repetative rants. Are you completely blind to how many people on this board feel the same way as i do about you? you also never answered my question from a thread a couple of weeks ago. You say you own a biz. I work with biz owners everyday (im in advertising). I have never seen a biz owner with so much time on his hands to set aside for *****ing about something as you. So either youre lying about what you do, or you need my services. PM me if you (sadly) really are a biz owner, obviously we need to talk

Demon
12-29-2009, 02:08 PM
Vic Carucci on Fox---

The Carolina Panthers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/carolinapanthers/profile?team=CAR)' coaching situation is something to watch. It isn't because the Panthers want to dump John Fox, as many in the media have speculated. As I'm hearing it from various NFL sources, it could very well be a case of Fox not wanting to remain with an organization that might not necessarily provide him with the resources to turn things around.

Link- http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8155a051&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

If Fox leaves, we'll hear a lot about Fox and Weis, especially since both Adam Schefter and Peter King have already commented on them coming to Buffalo if Fox were to be available.

Jan Reimers
12-29-2009, 02:19 PM
You must have lots of Billboard $$

So We Want Shotty will be somewhere on the 190, We Want Cowher on the 90 and We Want Grimm on Transit Rd.
The only thing we won't want is Jauron on Dick Road.

mayotm
12-29-2009, 02:42 PM

Flyingdouche your awesome at highjacking threads but useless as far as bringing anything to this board.Are you seriously questioning what others bring to the board?