Fox's job safe in Carolina. Cowher as a Bill's HC??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Fox's job safe in Carolina. Cowher as a Bill's HC??

A day after the Panthers (7-8) routed the New York Giants for their third win in four games, The Charlotte Observer reported Fox and general manager Marty Hurney will be "offered the opportunity to return next season" by owner Jerry Richardson.

However, the report Monday said Fox will not be given a contract extension. He's due to make more than $6 million in 2010, the final season of his deal.

Helping keep the Giants out of the playoffs apparently has kept the jobs of Panthers coach John Fox, general manager Marty Hurney and the rest of the coaching staff safe.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Fox's job safe in Carolina. Cowher as a Bill's HC??

you already said you want Shottz...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

I want Cowher over anything else
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• djjimkelly
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        A day after the Panthers (7-8) routed the New York Giants for their third win in four games, The Charlotte Observer reported Fox and general manager Marty Hurney will be "offered the opportunity to return next season" by owner Jerry Richardson.

However, the report Monday said Fox will not be given a contract extension. He's due to make more than $6 million in 2010, the final season of his deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4776316

maybe cowher said he wants one more year off and thats why fox is playing out his contract

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

see my signature

bring us "the Chin"

Comment

• Billz_fan
            • Jan 2003

Cowher to the Bills ? You Zoners always lnow how to make me chuckle
            The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Billz_fan
              i know right! he is the king of misleading titles...just brutal...also there was a thread about this already

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

You must have lots of Billboard $$

So We Want Shotty will be somewhere on the 190, We Want Cowher on the 90 and We Want Grimm on Transit Rd.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Billz_fan
                  i guess thats the only way to get people to read a repetative thread....im going to start one that says:

Ralph wilson is getting old and doctors say he probably only has about 5 more years,Ralph Wilson dying?!
                  Last edited by FlyingDutchman; 12-29-2009, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                    you already said you want Shottz...
                    I want Shot. Just putting it out there.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                      i know right! he is the king of misleading titles...just brutal...also there was a thread about this already
                      I guess the double question mark was too confusing for your third grade red-neck education.

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

Fox's contract is up at the end of 2010 so this is not exactly a ringing endorsement since coaches ares usually given extensions with a year left on their contract. This means Fox could look for a more secure job elsewhere after the season if he thinks he can get a long contract. If that happens Carolina does not have to pay his 6MM dollar salary.
                        I am not 100% convinced Fox will not look for a new coaching gig at the end of the year.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by don137
                          Fox's contract is up at the end of 2010 so this is not exactly a ringing endorsement since coaches ares usually given extensions with a year left on their contract. This means Fox could look for a more secure job elsewhere after the season if he thinks he can get a long contract. If that happens Carolina does not have to pay his 6MM dollar salary.
                          I am not 100% convinced Fox will not look for a new coaching gig at the end of the year.
                          I'll be shocked if Cowher doesn't end up in Charlotte. With that said just because it's convenient for Bill Cowhere to coach in Carolina doesn't mean the Panthers feel the same way.

Interesting that it was the first time I saw a potential "no interest" pop up surrounding the whole thing.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                            • Apr 2005

I guess the double question mark was too confusing for your third grade red-neck education.
                            i guess not one mention of the buffalo bills in this article totally confused your 1st grade education (owner of a business my foot lol, now do you see why people have no respect for you and call you brutal?). i should have known by the second question mark though right? hahaha what a tool
                            Last edited by FlyingDutchman; 12-29-2009, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                              • Apr 2005

oh snap btw, that was extremely witty

Comment

Working...
                              X