PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Top 10 Bills Draft Prospects

patmoran2006
12-29-2009, 10:45 AM
Brian Galliford examines his top 10 picks in the 2010 NFL draft. Any of these players can help the Bills.

LINK (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/12/2010-top-10-bills-draft-prospects/)

DraftBoy
12-29-2009, 10:48 AM
Good read, are you going to unveil your (BSD's) grading process or what it means?

patmoran2006
12-29-2009, 11:00 AM
No, I didnt do it. But good point, I will ask Brian WTF his grading system is all about, lol

DraftBoy
12-29-2009, 11:04 AM
No, I didnt do it. But good point, I will ask Brian WTF his grading system is all about, lol

Im not trying to be critical of him for it but without a way to see how he assesses his grades (specifically the decimal points) or what they mean (Sporting News has a very similar system, 5=Franchise Player, 4=Pro Bowler, etc..) its hard to put much stock into them.

madness
12-29-2009, 11:11 AM
Yes, we have a grading system. A pretty intricate one that factors in everything you believe to be important, which we will discuss in great detail at a later date.

DraftBoy
12-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Yea I read that which is why I asked for it now. Introducing grades without how the system works, makes the report read a little unclear. I mean the analysis is good but the numbers are just confusing.

bigbub2352
12-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Were do u guys see Jermaine greisham going?
i would love him here but we got so many other needs

DraftBoy
12-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Were do u guys see Jermaine greisham going?
i would love him here but we got so many other needs

Right now below 20 likely.

trapezeus
12-29-2009, 12:01 PM
is it possible that the bills are so stripped of any useable talent, that we have finally hit a point where taking even a bust will still look like progress for this team? is this the year they don't take a bust?

patmoran2006
12-29-2009, 12:06 PM
is it possible that the bills are so stripped of any useable talent, that we have finally hit a point where taking even a bust will still look like progress for this team? is this the year they don't take a bust?

Well, a QB is more likely to bust and I dont think they take one in the Top 10.

I see them going in only one of three spots
OT, DT or LB

Personally, (and I've admitted a billion times that at present time Im not caught up enough on the prospects to evaluate them), IF there is a MLB in this draft at our spot in the mold of a Mayo or Willis, then you take him, and move Poz outside.. It would greatly fortify the second level of our defense, which IMO is by a mile the weak link to this unit.

Maybe Meredith or Bell can mature into a starting LT, I felt good about Butler at RT before the injury.

and I dont think Suh or McCoy will be there at 7-10 when we pick. SO I would love me a LB

DraftBoy
12-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Well, a QB is more likely to bust and I dont think they take one in the Top 10.

I see them going in only one of three spots
OT, DT or LB

Personally, (and I've admitted a billion times that at present time Im not caught up enough on the prospects to evaluate them), IF there is a MLB in this draft at our spot in the mold of a Mayo or Willis, then you take him, and move Poz outside.. It would greatly fortify the second level of our defense, which IMO is by a mile the weak link to this unit.

Maybe Meredith or Bell can mature into a starting LT, I felt good about Butler at RT before the injury.

and I dont think Suh or McCoy will be there at 7-10 when we pick. SO I would love me a LB

I have to agree is Okung, Suh, and McCoy are all gone and McClain comes out and is there, he makes a great pick for us.

Jan Reimers
12-29-2009, 12:25 PM
I'd take Okung or Davis and be very happy.

jamze132
12-29-2009, 03:39 PM
Who are the top 2 MLBs in this draft?

DraftBoy
12-29-2009, 03:42 PM
Who are the top 2 MLBs in this draft?

McClain and Spikes

PECKERWOOD
12-29-2009, 03:52 PM
McClain and Spikes

I'm really thinking that Spikes is going to take a Posluszny like drop all the way into the 2nd round.

tampabay25690
12-29-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm really thinking that Spikes is going to take a Posluszny like drop all the way into the 2nd round.

He may...
Would be a steal in the 2nd round

jamze132
12-29-2009, 04:49 PM
McClain and Spikes
What does Kiper say? :biggrin:

PECKERWOOD
12-29-2009, 05:43 PM
He may...
Would be a steal in the 2nd round

He should have came out last year, but when you look at it, he has slowly regressed over the last 2 years, although his Sophomore year is hard to improve upon, but he did drop considerably. I'm not sure if Spikes was battling injuries this year or what man, but he didn't look like the same Brandon Spikes to me.

elltrain22
12-29-2009, 07:39 PM
Very, very nice article!! After reading your article, I've really joined the "draft Rolando McClain band wagon." I've watched that kid play several times, and each time was very much impressed w/ his ability. I think he could very much help this team. I would love McCoy or Suh, but don't think they'll be there for us, as they will probably go top 5. My wish list is as follows:

Suh- won't be there
McCoy- prob won't be there
McClain- can you say Defensive Rookie of the Year
Dez Bryant- 2 words, game-changer
Sam Bradford- love his potential
Russell Okung- could be a starter from day 1

Night Train
12-29-2009, 07:46 PM
Very, very nice article!! After reading your article, I've really joined the "draft Rolando McClain band wagon." I've watched that kid play several times, and each time was very much impressed w/ his ability. I think he could very much help this team. I would love McCoy or Suh, but don't think they'll be there for us, as they will probably go top 5. My wish list is as follows:

Suh- won't be there
McCoy- prob won't be there
McClain- can you say Defensive Rookie of the Year
Russell Okung- could be a starter from day 1

I eliminated any skill player, since D front 7 and OT are far more important, at present. Any of the above would make me happy.