Texas Tech coach: did you read the details?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Texas Tech coach: did you read the details?

Was this guy Leach out of his mind? How do you put a concussed player or even a healthy player standing in a dark room for a full practice standing up. This guy is a nut job, especially if you look at the quotes below. the guy is a total character. He's lucky that the family doesn't press charges of false imprisonment and such. And to think Texas Tech may be stuck with this guy's contract until 2013.

I also am putting the over under at 3 posts regarding if Leach "is exactly the type of coach we need to get these slacker players in line and ready to play"

Thoughts? i realize this isn't bills info, but i figured its a big football story and worth discussing.

Leach chastised players after a loss to Texas A&M in October for listening to “their fat little girlfriends” and thinking the Aggies were a pushover. After the Red Raiders’ loss at then-No. 12 Houston in September, Leach suspended starting offensive lineman Brandon Carter indefinitely for violating team rules.

That week, Leach also banned his players from having Twitter pages after linebacker Marlon Williams posted a tweet that asked why he was still in a meeting room when “the head coach can’t even be on time.”

Leach led Texas Tech to the best season in program history last year, going 11-2. He and the university were at odds for months over a contract extension. In February, Leach and the school agreed to a five-year, $12.7 million deal that could keep him there through 2013.
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Texas Tech coach: did you read the details?

What has happened is inexcusable and I have a sneaking suspision we don't know even close to the worst of it.

Mike Leach is a loose cannon, and he has had free reign at Texas Tech for a while now.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• madness
      • Apr 2003

Tiger Wood's ho's about to come out of the woodwork... take 2.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by madness
        Tiger Wood's ho's about to come out of the woodwork... take 2.
        Tiger Woods is probably on his knees thanking god bowl season started and now Leach has this mess.
        COMING SOON...

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

i just saw that he's thinking of legal action to let him coach the bowl game. This guy is a nutjob. You'd think he'd rather lay low and let this story blow over.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
            i just saw that he's thinking of legal action to let him coach the bowl game. This guy is a nutjob. You'd think he'd rather lay low and let this story blow over.
            Oh no not Coach Leach, he is bat**** crazy. I met the man once at an event, it was a quick handshake and 1 min convo, but even then the guy was nuts. He has an odd fascination for Pirates.
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• mikemac2001
              is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              Oh no not Coach Leach, he is bat**** crazy. I met the man once at an event, it was a quick handshake and 1 min convo, but even then the guy was nuts. He has an odd fascination for Pirates.

i heard about the pirates thing

MUCK
              FIAMI

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                One has to wonder how a one minute conversation between you and a football coach involved pirates.

D & S Sports

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                  One has to wonder how a one minute conversation between you and a football coach involved pirates.
                  It didn't the pirate thing is common knowledge and has been reported alot by national press. Mostly Colin Cowherd.

I asked him if he ever thought of trying to pass the ball 100 times in one game. He laughed and said he would love to try it some time. I asked him if he was worried about the QB's arm health after that, and he said nope, the QB could easily do it considering how much they throw to warm up and such, he compared them to a starter in MLB.

Nice guy, but crazier than hell.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• Homegrown
                    Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
                    • Jul 2008

What makes you wonder about Leach's decision making process is that the concussed players father is Craig James ...an employee of ESPN.....it's not like he did it to some no-name player from some back-water Texas town who's just glad to get a scholarship and a major school who'll eat **** and grin ...

Wouldn't suprise me if there's an "out" clause in the contract for Tech b/c of the circumstances
                    Last edited by Homegrown; 12-29-2009, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

so he made a kid stand in a closet? i mean why did he do it? i dont get it. its not like he beat the kid. im not saying what he did was right.. but i just dont get what the heck actually happened.. i mean, wouldnt the kid say no, im not standing in teh closet and leave? was he locked in there?
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• madness
                        • Apr 2003

I was getting my knuckles rapped and was being put a in a dark closet back in kindergarten at catholic school. Why the heck isn't that stupid nun in trouble?

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

it sounds like it was punishment for "faking" a head injury to get out of practice.

I don't know why he wouldn't just send him home if he thought the kid was hurt. sure, if you think he's faking, take it out of his time. but proving to the kid that you're the man by making him stand in a closet is ridiculous.

the kid probably did it because he really wants to be on the team. He doesn't want to upset his superior. but it looks like the kid did the right thing and reported him.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                            is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                            • Mar 2003

its craig james son

coach probably made him go in the closet because his dad sucks

MUCK
                            FIAMI

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                              Defies all logic
                              • Oct 2006

But he's a great coach!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X