X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chain Gang
    • Feb 2009

Found this on PFT

now this could be just conjecture.....there is no link......but I found it interesting...

December 29, 2009 11:46 AM
    1. cowher to the bills. Schefter reports bills have remained in contact with cowher and have contacted him many times

"First dowwwwwn!"
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: Found this on PFT

This was someone's comment to the article. So ummm....I wouldn't put too much stock into this. Especially because I've yet to see Schefter say anything of the sort.

D & S Sports

Comment

• mikemac2001
      is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
      • Mar 2003

Haha

MUCK
      FIAMI

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

It's legit in as far as Schefter did say it.. but don't know that it really means anything. Better than nothing I guess.

Comment

• Demon
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by JJamezz
          It's legit in as far as Schefter did say it.. but don't know that it really means anything. Better than nothing I guess.
          Not doubting you or anything, but when/where did Schefter say this?
          Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

all i'm reading out of this is that cowher screens his calls with 716 area codes.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
              • Nov 2009

On Mike and Mike yesterday, Schefter was talking about Cowher coming back.... he said that Tampa and Carolina as possible destinations. Carolina is off of that list, or so it appears. Tampa, after the last couple weeks, may give Morriss another shot.

Schefter did mention Buffalo, and without being rude, he said that he didn't see that happening.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

I'm really starting to wonder and pray that maybe there is some truth to this...Look at these facts first.

1. Buffalo Bills were the first team to contact him. He told them that he didn't want to talk until AFTER the season. He said the same thing to Washington too.

2. He's putting together a coaching staff. He wouldn't do this unless he was already considering an offer. If the Bills gave him $10 million per season and total control, like was rumored with Shanahan. I bet he would strongly consider it.

3. Carolina is keeping John Fox. So that job is gone.

4. Tampa Bay will probably keep their coach because they just beat New Orleans and the team is still playing hard for that 1st year head coach.

5. Chicago just beat Minnesota and I can't see them eating Lovie Smith's contract.

6. Washington is going to hire Shanahan.

7. Dallas has turned it around and has a chance to win the division. Jones likes Wade because he can control him and will most likely keep him as long as they win a playoff game.

8. What else is out there? Houston is still alive for a playoff spot. Jacksonville might fire Del Rio...but I can't see them paying the money for Cowher.

Think of it this way. What guy could the Buffalo Bills hire to turn this team around without gutting it and starting over? Bill Cowher! What guy could the Bills hire that would instantly sell thousands of season tickets? Bill Cowher! What guy would get the city of Buffalo extremely excited again? Bill Cowher! He's a blue collared guy and just seems like the perfect fit for the Buffalo Bills.

Now the big question...how serious is Ralph Wilson about winning? Now we will find out.
                Last edited by Michael82; 12-29-2009, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Oh and one more thing...

Look at the last few big moves for the Buffalo Bills? No one knew about Buffalo sniffing around Drew Bledsoe that one year. No one knew about Terrell Owens until it happened. Buffalo always gets quiet right before a big signing. Hell...look at the Marcus Stroud trade. That happened quietly. The media never gets it. ESPN hates Buffalo and most of the other big media believes that the Bills will hire a guy like Haslett and have mentioned him for several years now, including when the Bills hired Jauron. They didn't even interview Haslett.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

If we got Cowher I would have visions of sugar plums dancing in my head!

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Don't forget about the "big splash" that Thurman Thomas promised.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                        If we got Cowher I would have visions of sugar plums dancing in my head!
                        I would have more than that....

Comment

• RockStar36
                          • Sep 2004

I've gone on record stating that I will buy seasons the day they hire Cowher.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                            I've gone on record stating that I will buy seasons the day they hire Cowher.
                            I could see the season selling out instantly if they hire Bill Cowher.

Comment

• RockStar36
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                              I could see the season selling out instantly if they hire Bill Cowher.
                              I have no idea how I would pull that kind of purchase off on the spot, but I also don't think I have to really worry about it.

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                              X