PDA

View Full Version : Sabres fans on DIRECTV could soon get the boot

Michael82
12-29-2009, 11:25 AM
This will really suck for all you lucky DirecTV subscribers. :ill: Can't wait to hear Op ***** about this one...

If the report at TVPredictions.com is accurate, DIRECTV could be losing the MSG Network, which carries the majority of Buffalo Sabres games.

According to the site, DIRECTV could lose AMC, IFC, MSG, the Sundance Channel and other Rainbow Media-owned channels as early as this Friday, according to Multichannel News.

This would leave DIRECTV subscribing Buffalo Sabres fans who watch the games **** out of luck S.O.L.

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/12/sabres-fans-on-directv-could-soon-get-the-boot/

RockStar36
12-29-2009, 11:35 AM
I've yet to hear one good thing about DirecTV besides Sunday Ticket.

Dr. Lecter
12-29-2009, 11:37 AM
This would piss me off a tad bit.

DraftBoy
12-29-2009, 11:41 AM

I love it, and I dont have the ticket.

Great customer service, great selection of channels, never loses a signal, its great!

RockStar36
12-29-2009, 11:42 AM

Great customer service, great selection of channels, never loses a signal, its great!

I'm slighted to my area, where DTV doesn't even offer locals. Dish is clearly the best around my neck of the woods.

DMBcrew36
12-29-2009, 11:42 AM

NFL Network
Smithsonian HD

DMBcrew36
12-29-2009, 11:43 AM

Great customer service unless you want Versus to watch hockey.

RockStar36
12-29-2009, 11:43 AM
NFL Network
Smithsonian HD

Both of which are offered with Dish.

DMBcrew36
12-29-2009, 11:44 AM
Both of which are offered with Dish.

Not bad.

DraftBoy
12-29-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm slighted to my area, where DTV doesn't even offer locals. Dish is clearly the best around my neck of the woods.

Yea Ive heard that issue before. Doesn't really affect me.

DraftBoy
12-29-2009, 11:45 AM
Great customer service unless you want Versus to watch hockey.

Which I don't so not an issue for me, but again I get the gripe. Like people with Comcast complaining about NFL Network. I only need Versus during the football season when the MWC games are played there.

DMBcrew36
12-29-2009, 11:45 AM
The only thing I miss about Time Warner is CBC and Versus.

DMBcrew36
12-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Which I don't so not an issue for me, but again I get the gripe. Like people with Comcast complaining about NFL Network. I only need Versus during the football season when the MWC games are played there.

You want to watch hockey, yet you're posting in the NHL zone? Ha

And you'll say you only want to watch the Sabres (which I don't know if that makes you a hockey fan or not?), but the Sabres obviously play on Versus, too. I really enjoyed having to watch 4 straight Mondays of Sabres on Versus by catching a feed on my computer. :(

DraftBoy
12-29-2009, 11:53 AM
You want to watch hockey, yet you're posting in the NHL zone? Ha

And you'll say you only want to watch the Sabres (which I don't know if that makes you a hockey fan or not?), but the Sabres obviously play on Versus, too. I really enjoyed having to watch 4 straight Mondays of Sabres on Versus by catching a feed on my computer. :(

I post everywhere in the Billzone, not just specific zones.

I dont watch the Sabres often at all unless they are in the playoffs. I read the boxscores, and read what you guys who can watch the games say about how the team is playing and that's how I follow them. Hockey is probably my 5th favorite sport to watch.

RockStar36
12-29-2009, 11:57 AM
The only thing I miss about Time Warner is CBC and Versus.

Oh don't get me wrong, Time Warner is awful is every sense of the word. I'm in no way defending Time Warner when I bash DTV.

OpIv37
12-29-2009, 12:10 PM
Actually this wouldn't affect me at all. The only way I could get MSG where I live is paying extra for ALL the regional sports networks, and even then the games are blacked out to make people buy Center Ice.

The people who get screwed by this are people who live in WNY where MSG is their regional sports network.

OpIv37
12-29-2009, 12:12 PM

DirecTV has better HD than cable, and is cheaper. My customer service experience with them has been mixed, and seems to be getting worse lately, but they're still leagues ahead of Comcast and Cox. Both of those companies completely burned me on numerous occasions.

THATHURMANATOR
12-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Had DTV at my last apt. It was fine. Lost signal whenever it rained or snowed though. That was like 5 years ago though so signals are probably better.

OpIv37
12-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Had DTV at my last apt. It was fine. Lost signal whenever it rained or snowed though. That was like 5 years ago though so signals are probably better.

also you probably had a bad install (weak signal strength). We got about 20" of snow last weekend and I never once lost the signal. The only time I lose the signal is when there is an electrical storm in summer, and even then it's not every channel.

RockStar36
12-29-2009, 01:07 PM
DirecTV has better HD than cable, and is cheaper. My customer service experience with them has been mixed, and seems to be getting worse lately, but they're still leagues ahead of Comcast and Cox. Both of those companies completely burned me on numerous occasions.

Again, I wasn't defending cable. I hate it.

hydro
12-29-2009, 01:12 PM
DishNetwork FTW!

Jan Reimers
12-29-2009, 02:56 PM
I've had DTV almost since its inception, probably 15 years or so. I've always had problems with the signal during heavy rain, and living 200 yards from the ocean brings lots of heavy rain.

I've never been that unhappy with it, despite the frequent signal outages, but the loss of Versus (and the accompanying 6-8 Sabres games) bothered me a lot, particularly when I sometimes pay upwards of $400 per month. I have platinum level service and all of the sports packages which they offer. For that kind of money, I ought to be able to get Versus.

Now, if I lose MSG - the only reason I get the NHL package - I'm going to be sorely pissed. I will probably go to cable or Dish in the very near future.

Philagape
12-29-2009, 03:55 PM
This would affect me, although I don't get to catch a lot of games since I work nights. Hopefully that will change next season, and if this isn't resolved by then, I'll have to re-evaluate my choice.
Then it would really suck because DTV blows away TW cable in customer service, signal reliability and programming (NFLN, Sunday Ticket). In 2 years of watching DTV I've lost maybe 10 minutes of signal.
I'm just waiting for the day when we can have truly a la carte programming.

DMBcrew36
12-29-2009, 04:24 PM
I've had DTV almost since its inception, probably 15 years or so. I've always had problems with the signal during heavy rain, and living 200 yards from the ocean brings lots of heavy rain.

I've never been that unhappy with it, despite the frequent signal outages, but the loss of Versus (and the accompanying 6-8 Sabres games) bothered me a lot, particularly when I sometimes pay upwards of $400 per month. I have platinum level service and all of the sports packages which they offer. For that kind of money, I ought to be able to get Versus.

Now, if I lose MSG - the only reason I get the NHL package - I'm going to be sorely pissed. I will probably go to cable or Dish in the very near future.

I can't relate to you on this. When my monthly bill is $250/mo, DTV shouldn't tell me when I call that it's Comcast's fault I don't have Versus, and I should call Comcast.

I pay DTV, not Comcast.

bflojohn
12-29-2009, 06:29 PM
I think that the answer is to watch the other teams feeds of that specific nights game, but losing Rick Jennerett is going to be painful. He simply is fun to listen to during the broadcasts.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-29-2009, 06:50 PM
if you live in WNY you won't lose the Sabres DTV the Sabres aren't shown on MSG anyways. here in WNY they're shown on 638-1 NYaHD when they play home and ch. 638 for Away. The teams that are always on DTV that are on MSG is the Rangers, Devils.

OpIv37
12-29-2009, 09:05 PM
if you live in WNY you won't lose the Sabres DTV the Sabres aren't shown on MSG anyways. here in WNY they're shown on 638-1 NYaHD when they play home and ch. 638 for Away. The teams that are always on DTV that are on MSG is the Rangers, Devils.

This post is dumb as a ****ing brick.

638-1 NYa is the MSG ALTERNATE. That's where they park the Sabres when a Rangers or Devils game is on at the same time. If DirecTV loses the contract with MSG, they lose the rights to show the Sabres game regardless of the number in front of the station.

Michael82
12-30-2009, 12:18 AM

638-1 NYa is the MSG ALTERNATE. That's where they park the Sabres when a Rangers or Devils game is on at the same time. If DirecTV loses the contract with MSG, they lose the rights to show the Sabres game regardless of the number in front of the station.

Exactly!

DMBcrew36
12-30-2009, 12:49 AM

Maybe Empire will have to come back...

Ingtar33
12-31-2009, 11:53 AM
i get center ice so it doesn't affect me.

DMBcrew36
12-31-2009, 02:40 PM
i get center ice so it doesn't affect me.

Some of us actually live in Buffalo, as a true Buffalonian does.:hockey:

Ingtar33
01-01-2010, 03:18 AM
Some of us actually live in Buffalo, as a true Buffalonian does.:hockey:

:(

I love buffalo. if UB or the Bills would hire me I'd be back in town in 2 seconds. God i miss buffalo.

Michael82
01-01-2010, 05:23 AM
:(

I love buffalo. if UB or the Bills would hire me I'd be back in town in 2 seconds. God i miss buffalo.

You and Coach Sal should join forces and work yourselves onto the team. :up: