Per Buffalo News...Mark Gaughan...GM first, then HC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Per Buffalo News...Mark Gaughan...GM first, then HC

This is very good to hear and should make most feel more confident that maybe, just maybe, this organization gets it.

• Luisito23
    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
    • Apr 2003

Re: Per Buffalo News...Mark Gaughan...GM first, then HC

They only "get it" if they hire a competent GM Nighthawk.
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

the comments are pretty funny on this article.

I wish we'd get to the bottom of it and hear about this GM in a week or so. "the waiting drove me mad"

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Luisito23
        They only "get it" if they hire a competent GM Nighthawk.
        GD! That's the first time a missed comma almost gave me a heart attack.

Comment

• Luisito23
          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by madness
          GD! That's the first time a missed comma almost gave me a heart attack.

....I don't even know why I put it there.
          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• jimbohastle51
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Feb 2005

the only thing this means is that we are NOT getting an A list coach and a coordinator or another loser will be coming in to coach. no way a GM would want a coach like cowher, because they would have to surrender almost all there power. if true this is actually sad. it means 10-12 million a year and part ownership couldnt talk shannahan, cowher, or holmgren into coaching here. what exactly does that say about our team and city accept for UNATTRACTIVE!!!
            Last edited by jimbohastle51; 12-29-2009, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• Demon
              • Mar 2003

Maybe after this whole mess in Indy, Bill Polian will leave and return home? lol
              Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Demon
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by jimbohastle51
                the only thing this means is that we are NOT getting an A list coach and a coordinator or another loser will be coming in to coach.
                Not sure if you've been under a rock but it doesn't appear any of the "A list" coaches will even consider us. I'm OK with hiring a second tier coach if they get a proven general manager.
                Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

This is easily the most positive thing I've read in terms of the Bills searching for a coach or GM.

As much as I want Cowher in Buffalo, hiring him and leaving the same FO in charge will do nothing at all. Hiring a good GM and FO staff is the most important thing right now.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Don't Panic
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Dec 2005

the only thing this means is that we are NOT getting an A list coach and a coordinator or another loser will be coming in to coach. no way a GM would want a coach like cowher, because they would have to surrender almost all there power. if true this is actually sad. it means 10-12 million a year and part ownership couldnt talk shannahan, cowher, or holmgren into coaching here. what exactly does that say about our team and city accept for UNATTRACTIVE!!!
                    If there was a chance it was Cowher, it would have to be with total control... he would have all personnel decisions and Brandon would go back to running the business side of the Bills. Cowher would effectively be the GM.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

No "real" coach is coming here with Russ Brandon in charge. A real GM probably get's us a real coach.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Demon
                        Not sure if you've been under a rock but it doesn't appear any of the "A list" coaches will even consider us. I'm OK with hiring a second tier coach if they get a proven general manager.
                        LOL LOL LOL! a proven GM?!? teams do not let proven GM's leave LOL! the only reason bruce allen was available was because he wasnt doing a very good job the past few years in tampa drafting players. and the reason ron wolf is available is cause he is retired. casserly was subpar at best and accorsi retired as well. the only GM candidates we are going to hire/interview are guys with no GM expirience that come from a winning system and pray we land a guy like the falcons did last year. the only GM available besides listed above that is notable would probably be randy mueller and he is HORRIBLE!!! and as far as no A list coach. i was aware that we probably wouldnt be landing one but now knowing that we wont you can pretty much count on a guy coming in here that has been fired at least once if not twice for NOT WINNING, and russ brandon or our very own soon to be version of george kokinis coming to the podium and introducing jim haslett or someone of that nature and honestly trying to sell to the fans that he just won a UFL championship or that he has a great offensive/defensive mind (which it cant be true because he wouldnt have been fired before his contract ran out) LOL! this will be interesting. if we dont somehow land cowher which probably wont happen then my money is on charlie weis. just because wherever he has been his offenses have not just been good, they have been ELITE, never just average, i have to give it to the guy, his offensives when he was in charge has always been ELITE and he has a couple note worthy defensive coordinator friends that he could bring along to help. and his record as an NFL coach is 0-0 not 16-32 or some horribly loosing record like the coach that would be hired if he didnt accept.

Comment

• RockStar36
                          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                          • Sep 2004

LOL LOL LOL! a proven GM?!? teams do not let proven GM's leave LOL! the only reason bruce allen was available was because he wasnt doing a very good job the past few years in tampa drafting players. and the reason ron wolf is available is cause he is retired. casserly was subpar at best and accorsi retired as well. the only GM candidates we are going to hire/interview are guys with no GM expirience that come from a winning system and pray we land a guy like the falcons did last year. the only GM available besides listed above that is notable would probably be randy mueller and he is HORRIBLE!!! and as far as no A list coach. i was aware that we probably wouldnt be landing one but now knowing that we wont you can pretty much count on a guy coming in here that has been fired at least once if not twice for NOT WINNING, and russ brandon or our very own soon to be version of george kokinis coming to the podium and introducing jim haslett or someone of that nature and honestly trying to sell to the fans that he just won a UFL championship or that he has a great offensive/defensive mind (which it cant be true because he wouldnt have been fired before his contract ran out) LOL! this will be interesting. if we dont somehow land cowher which probably wont happen then my money is on charlie weis. just because wherever he has been his offenses have not just been good, they have been ELITE, never just average, i have to give it to the guy, his offensives when he was in charge has always been ELITE and he has a couple note worthy defensive coordinator friends that he could bring along to help. and his record as an NFL coach is 0-0 not 16-32 or some horribly loosing record like the coach that would be hired if he didnt accept.
                          Who is the GM in Kansas City?

D & S Sports

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

scott pioli, and he is doing a stellar job so far. alot of his draft picks looked great this year and cassel blew it up (this is all sarcasm LOL)

Comment

• T-Long
                              Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                              • Sep 2003

Charlie Weis is going to be our guy...I can't shake it

Comment

Working...
                              X