PDA

View Full Version : Let's clear something up about Cowher

patmoran2006
12-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Inaccurate reports are all over that Cowher has "snubbed" the Bills.

Let me say this.. Bill Cowher has not snubbed the Bills, nor did he say he would not have any interest in a potential vacancy.

What he did say (and the Bills DID contact him) is that he would not be interviewing for the Bills job, or any other, when there is not already a coaching vacancy. In other words, when there is a vacancy, then he will evaluate things.

Does this mean he IS interested in the gig? Very likely not. But he has not snubbed the Bills, just as he hasn't snubbed the Bucs either.

Philagape
12-29-2009, 03:46 PM
The fact that Fewell is the interim coach means there is a vacancy here. He's only the coach because someone has to do it.

Ginger Vitis
12-29-2009, 03:51 PM
he would not be interviewing for the Bills job, or any other, when there is not already a coaching vacancy.

So the Bucs would have to fire Raheem Morris 1st and then he would intverview for the Bucs job?

justasportsfan
12-29-2009, 03:52 PM
where's the link to BSD?

:huh:

BillsWin
12-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Well then Jason LaCanfora is a complete and utter moron. He says that Mike Holmgren, Jon Gruden and Bill Cowher snubbed the Bills which is bull****. Cowher said he would wait until after the season when there is an actual vacancy on a team to interview anywhere and Gruden said he wants to stay at ESPN for at least one more year. It has NOTHING to do with snubbing.

Bill Cody
12-29-2009, 04:11 PM
1/3 4:05 pm "Perry, thank you for your efforts. You're fired."

1/3 4:06 pm "Bill, Perry Fewell is no longer employed by the Bills. Could we get together say tomorrow morning to discuss our opening for HC of the BB"?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-29-2009, 04:19 PM
1/3 4:05 pm "Perry, thank you for your efforts. You're fired."

1/3 4:06 pm "Bill, Perry Fewell is no longer employed by the Bills. Could we get together say tomorrow morning to discuss our opening for HC of the BB"?
1/3 4:06:01 CLICK
1/3 4:06:02 "Hello? Hello, Bill? Hello?

trapezeus
12-29-2009, 04:23 PM
1/3 4:08 - Hi Dick, look, we think we've made a big mistake and it occurs to us that you are still under contract. Would you like to resume the job and run out your contract?

1/3 5:00 - vtext - Bills hire Dick Jauron, second stint.

DMBcrew36
12-29-2009, 04:26 PM

Let me say this.. Bill Cowher has not snubbed the Bills, nor did he say he would not have any interest in a potential vacancy.

What he did say (and the Bills DID contact him) is that he would not be interviewing for the Bills job, or any other, when there is not already a coaching vacancy. In other words, when there is a vacancy, then he will evaluate things.

Does this mean he IS interested in the gig? Very likely not. But he has not snubbed the Bills, just as he hasn't snubbed the Bucs either.

He may not have officially 'snubbed' the Bills, but that doesn't raise his odds of coming here above 5% (as you illuded).

BillsWin
12-29-2009, 04:28 PM
1/3 5:01 "CNN is now live on the scene where a band of homicidal football fans are rampaging the streets of Buffalo. It is safe to say, they are out for blood."

Demon
12-29-2009, 04:30 PM

Just wondering, but how do you know this? Because of what the media has said few months ago? Maybe Cowher told the Bills between then and now he's not interested in our opening? Jason La Confora as clueless as he may be, he was the first guy to report Jauron got fired and was the first to report Edwards was benched so he does know somebody at OBD.

Are you basing it on your "sources" or based on what you think? Because it sounds to me you're speculating....

bflojohn
12-29-2009, 04:31 PM
If, and I mean IF, the Bills gig is somewhere in the vacinity of the $10 million and part ownership, would you hang up? Oh, I thought you might NOT! Bill Cowher will listen to anything Ralph Wilson says about a new direction for his franchise because it isn't the money alone, but Cowher would bring instant credibility, and HE knows it!! Sellouts, merchandising, national exposure, WINNING and playoffs are the LIKELY outcome. Bill Cowher coached in Buffalo against those Super Bowl teams, so he knows, first hand, how GOOD it can be in Western New York. Don't dismiss this out of hand, it may just come to fruition! Everybody says this type of "outpost" would tarnish a reputation, I say that when he wins, it only enhances it! We've endured losing for soooo long now that as Bills fans we don't recognize the viability of this team to someone who can actually HANDLE the Head Coaching position. I'd say its possible, likely.... ???

SquishDaFish
12-29-2009, 05:02 PM
1/3 4:08 - Hi Dick, look, we think we've made a big mistake and it occurs to us that you are still under contract. Would you like to resume the job and run out your contract?

1/3 5:00 - vtext - Bills hire Dick Jauron, second stint.

OH HELL NO!! Thats not even funny LOL

patmoran2006
12-29-2009, 08:58 PM
Uhhhh..

Anyone want to "re-pay attention to this thread" on the heels of what Coach Sal was trying to tell you tonight.

Timing is everything my friends..........Do not be foolish and rule Cowher out, I tried to illustrate that earlier.

Night Train
12-29-2009, 09:04 PM
As I speculated in the thread I started, Cowher may only have the Bills and Tampa to chose from.

casdhf
12-29-2009, 09:21 PM
I wanna hire Mike Ditka.

Philagape
12-29-2009, 09:28 PM
I've been refraining from any Cowher talk because it seems too good to be true and didn't want to be a Madden homer.
But I think this has a better-than-stupid chance of happening.
And to say it would be a dream come true is an understatement.
It would be the biggest thing the Bills have ever brought in from outside the organization in my lifetime. It would require a total re-wiring of my brain toward this team. I think I would cry.
It's got to be too good to be true. I can't dare get my hopes up.

Michael82
12-29-2009, 11:28 PM
I've been refraining from any Cowher talk because it seems too good to be true and didn't want to be a Madden homer.
But I think this has a better-than-stupid chance of happening.
And to say it would be a dream come true is an understatement.
It would be the biggest thing the Bills have ever brought in from outside the organization in my lifetime. It would require a total re-wiring of my brain toward this team. I think I would cry.
It's got to be too good to be true. I can't dare get my hopes up.

Well said!

Buddo
12-30-2009, 05:32 AM
The fact that Fewell is the interim coach means there is a vacancy here. He's only the coach because someone has to do it.

While that's how many would view it, Cowher may not, especially if you bear in mind that Fewell has stated it's his chance to 'audition' for the job. It also needs to be said that he (Cowher) also intended to see out his TV contract for this year, before talking to anybody. Hopefully that doesn't mean that we have to wait until after the SB to get things moving seriously, but it might.