PDA

View Full Version : I know the Cowher love is strong right now.

BillsWin
12-29-2009, 04:23 PM
But if you're going to use my picture as your default or sig or in a thread or article you should at least thank me, or credit me. Sheesh.

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy209/1998bc/cowher-bills-233x300.jpg

Just kidding, I really don't care if you use it. I made it for the sole enjoyment of bills fans. I just like that it keeps popping up on bills boards around the web. :jig:

BRING IN THE CHIN!!!!!

And just so this thread isn't a complete waste, here are my thoughts on why Buffalo and Cowher could and should be a match made in football heaven.

It is unlikely that Cowher will choose Buffalo as his next place of employment, however the fact that the Bills reached out to Cowher and in fact were not snubbed gives them just as much of a shot as any other team in the league.

Cowher, like the fans of Buffalo and franchise itself is as blue collar as they come. Cowher has a run first, play solid defense and losing is not an option mentality. That is the kind of football the Bills have tried to implement in the past, but have come up short.

Cowher as a solid interior of returning linemen to work around. Levitre is just a rookie, but has shown durability and promise. Wood was looking like a future probowler before an awful injury. Hangnarter has been very solid and is still young. Cowher would have two start-capable runningbacks and free reign on what quarterback he wants.

Bills fans are insane. If he takes the Buffalo job he is not only an instant celebrity, he is a God. Bills fans would fall him blindly and season ticket sales would be at their highest in history in my opinion.

Cowher is younger than some other proven options, so it is more likely he would be willing to take a longer contract and stay for the long haul.

Cowher stated before that he likes to challenge himself. Rebuilding a once proud franchise is a challenge and a very rewarding one.

I know it is a long shot, and we are all setting ourselves up for disappointment but let's not forget the power of money. 10-$12 million a year is a pretty hard offer to pass up.

Even if we don't get Cowher there is still some other good options out there.

First step is getting a GM. I say Eric DeCosta.

patmoran2006
12-29-2009, 04:27 PM
It popped up on my site too. who would do such a thing! lol

I didnt know who's it was. ****, Im half tempted to get a billboard campaign going with that image.

BillsWin
12-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Im half tempted to get a billboard campaign going with that image.

I think that would be glorious.

SquishDaFish
12-29-2009, 05:04 PM
Can I use it as my avatar LOL

BillsWin
12-29-2009, 05:08 PM

Absolutely Beast, thanks for asking. :up:

HAMMER
12-29-2009, 06:27 PM
I don't know where you guys get the idea thet Wilson is going to pay anyone 12 million to coach this team but you are out of your mind if you believe it.

mikemac2001
12-29-2009, 06:29 PM

no i like yours better

PECKERWOOD
12-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Why would you want somebody here who doesn't want to be here? If we have to pay a kings ransom for Cowher because Buffalo is unattractive to him, well then I say we hire Charlie Weis who would be delighted to coach here. Attitude means alot to me, Buffalo is a great city and we shouldn't sell ourselves short.

SquishDaFish
12-29-2009, 06:38 PM
Why would you want somebody here who doesn't want to be here? If we have to pay a kings ransom for Cowher because Buffalo is unattractive to him, well then I say we hire Charlie Weis who would be delighted to coach here. Attitude means alot to me, Buffalo is a great city and we shouldn't sell ourselves short.

This is what I dont get. Where did you hear that he didnt want to be here?? He has NEVER said that NEVER! He said he wouldnt interview till after the season for respect to the current coach.

SquishDaFish
12-29-2009, 06:39 PM
no i like yours better

Mine is a Xmas one lol

ddaryl
12-29-2009, 10:45 PM
I got it from someone on OBD..might of been you but it was a different username

I had no idea it was made by you or I would have thanked you for the cool pic

Prov401
12-29-2009, 11:02 PM

Just like to say...please don't change your avatar :drool2:

I'd like to also say that I'm not getting my hopes up at all about Cowher. However, he never said no to us, like many here seem to keep bringing up. So there is a shot, I'd say maybe a 30% shot by reading all of the recent news brought up by Sal.

I have absolutley no idea how Tampa Bay can look more attractive than the Bills to any coach. Carolina said they are going to bring back Fox and his staff. Washington has all but hired Shanahan. Cowher will butt heads with Jerry over in Dallas, thought I say Wade stays there. The wild card team to look out for IMO is Chicago. I know they would owe Lovie a ton of money, but it wouldn't suprise me if they can him, just to bring in somebody like Cowher.

This is going to be an interesting 2 months.

BillsWin
12-30-2009, 12:21 AM
I got it from someone on OBD..might of been you but it was a different username

I had no idea it was made by you or I would have thanked you for the cool pic

I dont think Im on that site so someone probably stole it!

But I could care less because it is on A LOT of sites. I never thought it would get around like that. Someone put it on photobucket, it is on almost every message board, pat used it in an article. it is popping up everywhere.

I dont mind, I just think it is cool. Thanks for the thanks!