PDA

View Full Version : Schefter - "Name" Coaches Available May Have Limited Options Left

Night Train
12-29-2009, 08:47 PM
Adam Schefter had some interesting observations today on ESPNews. Basically, he's predicting there won't be as many coaching openings as people think.

1. Jerry Jones is happy with the job Wade Phillips is doing and would prefer to pick up his option for 2010. Only a blowout loss in round 1 of the playoffs would change that.

2. Holmgren may give Mangini another year, with Cleveland finally winning some games and Holmgren looking at it from a coaches perspective. Reports are he likes Mangini.

3. John Fox will probably return in Carolina.

4. Kubiak looks like he's returning in Houston.

The uncapped 2010 season followed by a possible lockout in 2011 may be affecting these decisions to stay the course.

So besides Tampa and Washington, the Bills may be the only other legit coaching opening. Hmmm..

Shanny better move fast to secure the Skins job once Zorn is canned, if he wishes to get back in the NFL (Having turned down the Bills)

Cowher may only have Tampa and the Bills to pick from, if he's got the itch as ESPN has reported.

I understand a GM/VP type is priority #1 but the coaching pool for the Bills may be stronger than many think, with limited HC openings and the Bills reportedly willing to $pend.

I'll believe it when I see it but I'm now wanting January to come fast. Maybe the Bills will actually screw up and make the correct selection this time. :up:

BILLSROCK1212
12-29-2009, 09:32 PM
Another great post!!