PDA

View Full Version : Sal's news from tonight directly from the source

T-Long
12-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Sal called me tonight after the technical difficulties shut his show down. Here is exactly what was told to me by Sal to inform all of you on the board tonight:

1. He sincerely apologizes for the site crashing tonight. He believes it was due to too much bandwith usage from all the viewers. People in his neighborhood also lost internet.

2. From a source that has ties to the NFL and coaching circles, they have heard that the Bills organization is one of the most stable organizations in the league. They have a succession plan in place in the event that Ralph Wilson passes away. The source says that is "heirs" are also involved in this plan. This obviously is HUGE news to Bills fans because this is the first time we have heard of any type of plan and that his "heirs" are involved. All past reports said that the "heirs" were not interested in owning the team, due to the amount of tax they would have to pay to keep them. Huge news when you look at the long term future of the Bills in the city of Buffalo.

3. Bill Cowher is in play for the Bills. A source has told Sal that Cowher is very impressed with the Bills organization and recognizes the stability they have. Sal can 100% confirm that the Bills have met with Cowher face to face within the past two weeks, and quite possibly be meeting with him today. Keep an eye on Carolina and Tampa Bay, cuz these are the Bills biggest competition for Cowher. He also said that although reports are saying that Cowher wants total control, they aren't true. He just wants a GM that he can work together with.

If I missed anything, Sal will let me know or will post more once his internet is back up and running.

Thanks for the great info Sal!!!

nateodoms'bff
12-29-2009, 09:13 PM
well this all sounds awesome....

ddaryl
12-29-2009, 09:14 PM
thanks for the update..

I'm so excited I have to adjust myself

elltrain22
12-29-2009, 09:14 PM
is he gonna still have his show tonight. I wanted to see his Sal awards & Bills new years resolutions.

Nighthawk
12-29-2009, 09:16 PM
I hope this is right...if so, I'll be one happy camper!

casdhf
12-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Wow. A+ day for Buffalo Bills fans.

T-Long
12-29-2009, 09:19 PM
is he gonna still have his show tonight. I wanted to see his Sal awards & Bills new years resolutions.
I will check with him about this...I know he'll have his post game show this weekend..he may just run a longer one to talk more about this.

YardRat
12-29-2009, 09:20 PM
I will check with him about this...I know he'll have his post game show this weekend..he may just run a longer one to talk more about this.

Maybe you should consider changing your avatar from Weiss to Cowher to help support the story, T.

T-Long
12-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Maybe you should consider changing your avatar from Weiss to Cowher to help support the story, T.
great point!

BillsWin
12-29-2009, 09:24 PM
One more positive Cowher to Buffalo development and I will have to change my pants. In the good way.

Nighthawk
12-29-2009, 09:26 PM
One more positive Cowher to Buffalo development and I will have to change my pants. In the good way.

I want to see this thing get some legs before getting TOO excited. Don't get me wrong, it's very intriguing to me that they are supposedly talking, but I want to hear it from a few more sources.

don137
12-29-2009, 09:27 PM
The issue with Tampa is they may not to be afford Cowher not that Buffalo has a ton of cash either...

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
12-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Is Sal going to go back on if his Internet comes back up?

Demon
12-29-2009, 09:28 PM
If he comes, wonder if he tries to bring Russ Grimm with him?

bigbub2352
12-29-2009, 09:28 PM
This is a dream scenario my god i would streak right now if Cowher was the coach
Maybe Kelly is part of the Heirs???
all great news

BILLSROCK1212
12-29-2009, 09:31 PM
I don't think this news will disappoint any of Sal's haters. THANK YOU!!

Crisis
12-29-2009, 09:31 PM
I trust Sal as a source more than any big name, I don't think he's been wrong on anything yet.

Hoping he's right again!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Sal called me tonight after the technical difficulties shut his show down. Here is exactly what was told to me by Sal to inform all of you on the board tonight:

1. He sincerely apologizes for the site crashing tonight. He believes it was due to too much bandwith usage from all the viewers. People in his neighborhood also lost internet.

2. From a source that has ties to the NFL and coaching circles, they have heard that the Bills organization is one of the most stable organizations in the league. They have a succession plan in place in the event that Ralph Wilson passes away. The source says that is "heirs" are also involved in this plan. This obviously is HUGE news to Bills fans because this is the first time we have heard of any type of plan and that his "heirs" are involved. All past reports said that the "heirs" were not interested in owning the team, due to the amount of tax they would have to pay to keep them. Huge news when you look at the long term future of the Bills in the city of Buffalo.

3. Bill Cowher is in play for the Bills. A source has told Sal that Cowher is very impressed with the Bills organization and recognizes the stability they have. Sal can 100% confirm that the Bills have met with Cowher face to face within the past two weeks, and quite possibly be meeting with him today. Keep an eye on Carolina and Tampa Bay, cuz these are the Bills biggest competition for Cowher. He also said that although reports are saying that Cowher wants total control, they aren't true. He just wants a GM that he can work together with.

If I missed anything, Sal will let me know or will post more once his internet is back up and running.

Thanks for the great info Sal!!!

edited
long term future of the Bills in New York State or Erie County, the city of Buffalo has nothing to do with this. The Stadium is in Orchard Park and it's NYS that the Bills pay.

Nighthawk
12-29-2009, 09:40 PM
you should really say it as New York State or Erie County not City of Buffalo the city of Buffalo has nothing to do with this. The stadium is in Orchard Park, I'm not trying to be a jerk.

The Bills will eventually be in downtown Buffalo. Now shut up and just be excited about the news.

BillsWin
12-29-2009, 09:44 PM
With a coach like Cowher and hopefully some wealthy heirs/backers I could see a new stadium being built in downtown buffalo.
It all comes down to money and a coach like Cowher would pack the house, and maybe if we increased the ticket prices a little bit maybe it could help.

Who knows what is going to happen.

TigerJ
12-29-2009, 09:53 PM
Not that I'm complaining about the apparent fact that the Bills are still in the Cowher sweepstakes, but what about the story I've been hearing that the Bills are interested in an offensive minded head coach who will identify and develop a franchise QB? Frankly, I don't even know whether Cowher's background is in offense, defense. or special teams.

It's good to hear the Bills have a transition plan in place for the post-Wilson era

Prov401
12-29-2009, 10:01 PM
If we get Cowher, I will sob in an uncontrollable joy.

Nighthawk
12-29-2009, 10:02 PM
How do you signup to chat on Sal's show?

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
12-29-2009, 10:09 PM
How do you signup to chat on Sal's show?

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/buffalo-bills-now go to this link

Just type something in the chat and it will prompt you to sign in or register and there you have it

The Spaz
12-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Bonerrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

clumping platelets
12-29-2009, 10:14 PM
This is great news......if true

DANMAN
12-29-2009, 10:16 PM
I heard the first part of the broadcast before Sal lost signal and I thought that he mentioned that Ralph could leave the team to his wife and avoid all costly estate taxes or something to that affect.

All his major points sounded too good to be true.
The Bills stable
Ownership succesion set
Teams long term future in Buffalo re-assured
Cowher impressed with the Bills

Then the internet gods shut his blasphamy down for being good news about the Bills.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
12-29-2009, 10:19 PM
I heard the first part of the broadcast before Sal lost signal and I thought that he mentioned that Ralph could leave the team to his wife and avoid all costly estate taxes or something to that affect.

The Bills stable
Ownership succesion set

Then the internet gods shut his blasphamy down for being good news about the Bills.

Sal is back up right now

Michael82
12-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Wow! I didn't think he'd be able to do it...but Sal's news exceeded my expectations. :bf1:

jpdex12
12-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Shwing!

dasaybz
12-29-2009, 10:58 PM
meh, this will never happen

I surely hope it does, but I highly doubt it

shelby
12-30-2009, 04:31 AM

The Bills stable
Ownership succesion set

:rofl:

X-Era
12-30-2009, 04:51 AM
So stoked right now its ridiculous!

Awesome news on all fronts.

YardRat
12-30-2009, 05:21 AM
I googled it this morning...apparently nobody else has picked up on it yet.

True or not, if this does get any mainstream attention it could be a boon for the franchise as far as their perception in league circles and help attract better candidates for all positions.

Jan Reimers
12-30-2009, 07:57 AM
I'm far more excited about a succession plan than Cowher or any other specific coach.

Someone must have convinced Ralph that if he left the Bills to his wife Mary, there would be no federal estate tax. And with both a high level GM and Head Coach in place - and Brandon heading up the business side - she would have people in place to run the organization for her.

EDS
12-30-2009, 08:17 AM

The Bills stable
Ownership succesion set

Leaving the team to his wife only solves the "succession" plan temporarily (i.e., while his wife is alive). Once she passes, the franchise is back in the same situation.

For all we know the plan to keep the team in B-lo long-term could be as modest as some type of stadium sale-leaseback.

EDS
12-30-2009, 08:20 AM
I googled it this morning...apparently nobody else has picked up on it yet.

True or not, if this does get any mainstream attention it could be a boon for the franchise as far as their perception in league circles and help attract better candidates for all positions.

Do you honestly think that anyone who is in position to interview for a high level football job would base his/her interest in a position on what the media was saying about a franchise?

My guess is no, as such candidate would know enough people inside the league to know what is under the covers, so to speak.

trapezeus
12-30-2009, 08:34 AM
Leaving the team to his wife only solves the "succession" plan temporarily (i.e., while his wife is alive). Once she passes, the franchise is back in the same situation.

so we get a young zoner to marry Mary Wilson after Ralph's passing. She wills it to him. Problem solved.

As for the cowher information, how can we trust that Cowher was in Buffalo when so many friends of zoners who happen to be limo drivers haven't verified this story weeks ago and told us which hangar he was in at the Buffalo airport? :-)