PDA

View Full Version : Thank You and clarifications for everyone

Coach Sal
12-29-2009, 11:41 PM
Just want to first thank everyone who came by the show tonight.

Even those who thought it was corny or stupid....I apreciate you giving it a chance.

Also want to thank T-Long and Pat for helping out so much to get the word out about the news I was sharing after my Internet dropped.

And I TOTALLY APOLOGIZE for that! The Internet was down in my entire neighborhood for about an hour. Unbelievable!

Now on to the topic....you all have every right to be skeptical. I don't blame you if you are.

But I can tell you that I 100% trust the sources that told me these things and I would not have done it this way (with such build-up) if I did not!

I do want to make clear, that I in no way have ever implied that any type of signing is imminent. Please don't misconstrue or misrepresent. I am only going by what I'm told and, again, have full confidence in.

The Bills have a 91-year old owner. He could wake up tomorrow and decide to keep Perry Fewell for all we know. But as of right now, he's "very committed" to bringing a winner to Buffalo and I'm very excited to hear this, just like you are!

There are so many people who just want this to not be true so they can say "I told you so." Fine. Go ahead if it's not true. But it's not for a lack of confidence in my sources, and not for a lack of knowing what's happening RIGHT NOW. I'm taking a big risk putting this stuff out there and hoping it comes true myself.

Also, remember, if the Bills hire someone other than Bill C., it doesn't mean they didn't try to what they believe is their hardest, nor that it was about them doing something wrong. It does take two to tango, as they say.

Thanks again. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that the Bills do it right and get out of this decade of Hell !!

Hope to see you all on the next shows - Sunday after the game and Tuesday at 9pm!!

EDS
12-29-2009, 11:49 PM

Even those who thought it was corny or stupid....I apreciate you giving it a chance.

Also want to thank T-Long and Pat for helping out so much to get the word out about the news I was sharing after my Internet dropped.

And I TOTALLY APOLOGIZE for that! The Internet was down in my entire neighborhood for about an hour. Unbelievable!

Now on to the topic....you all have every right to be skeptical. I don't blame you if you are.

But I can tell you that I 100% trust the sources that told me these things and I would not have done it this way (with such build-up) if I did not!

I do want to make clear, that I in no way have ever implied that any type of signing is imminent. Please don't misconstrue or misrepresent. I am only going by what I'm told and, again, have full confidence in.

The Bills have a 91-year old owner. He could wake up tomorrow and decide to keep Perry Fewell for all we know. But as of right now, he's "very committed" to bringing a winner to Buffalo and I'm very excited to hear this, just like you are!

There are so many people who just want this to not be true so they can say "I told you so." Fine. Go ahead if it's not true. But it's not for a lack of confidence in my sources, and not for a lack of knowing what's happening RIGHT NOW. I'm taking a big risk putting this stuff out there and hoping it comes true myself.

Also, remember, if the Bills hire someone other than Bill C., it doesn't mean they didn't try to what they believe is their hardest, nor that it was about them doing something wrong. It does take two to tango, as they say.

Thanks again. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that the Bills do it right and get out of this decade of Hell !!

Hope to see you all on the next shows - Sunday after the game and Tuesday at 9pm!!

If we are going to be intellectually honest, I think Bills fans are entitled to a high degree of skepticism with respect to Ralph's stated intentions of bringing a big name coach in based on past precedent.

Personally I would rather all talk of what coach to hire be tabled until Ralph hires a top notch GM as we can then get comfort from the belief that such GM will know what he is doing. Can't really say the current front office really knows what it is doing.

Coach Sal
12-30-2009, 12:02 AM
If we are going to be intellectually honest, I think Bills fans are entitled to a high degree of skepticism with respect to Ralph's stated intentions of bringing a big name coach in based on past precedent.

Personally I would rather all talk of what coach to hire be tabled until Ralph hires a top notch GM as we can then get comfort from the belief that such GM will know what he is doing. Can't really say the current front office really knows what it is doing.

Of course.

I was blown away when I was told what I was.

I still am.

Michael82
12-30-2009, 12:04 AM
I am too! Oh and well done, Sal! You are the man! This is the happiest I have felt in a while and I'm wondering if the January 15th news that Thurman Thomas is talking about is your part about the Buffalo Bills ownership future....

:hail: Coach Sal

bflojohn
12-30-2009, 12:16 AM
I was "on" tonight with the broadcast and I'd say the best information is that Ralph Wilson has a succession plan in place and it is "willing" this team to his family. You mentioned the Bills as being described as a stable franchise by your source, and that this lends to the notion that a big name coach will view the Bills as a viable option, going forward. That bit of news was startling to me and I suppose many other Bills fans. I hope and pray that everything in THAT vein is true and correct for Bills nation. Thanks, and by the way, I hung in there tonight during your lull period!

YardRat
12-30-2009, 05:35 AM
Just because there are those that have questions or remain slightly skeptical doesn't mean they are rooting for anybody else to fail.

trapezeus
12-30-2009, 06:22 AM
reading the sal's story bullet points last night when i got home, i felt like i won a mini superbowl. i hope this all comes true. it's really the only thing that would stop me from being pretty pessimistic about 2010.

Forward_Lateral
12-30-2009, 06:38 AM
Sal, I don't know if it's skepticism towards you. I think it's more towards the Bills organization as a whole, and the doubts that many of us have about all of this "proven coach and GM" talk. It's like crapping in your hand, and wishing in the other, and seeing which one fills up first.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-30-2009, 07:08 AM
After finally seeing a show last night, I will not miss another one!

tampabay25690
12-30-2009, 07:29 AM
I wish I could have been there last nite for the show.....

Coach Sal
12-30-2009, 07:34 AM
Just because there are those that have questions or remain slightly skeptical doesn't mean they are rooting for anybody else to fail.

Most aren't.

My comment on that was directed at a very select few.

I know because I have to deal with them on MBs and through PMs, unfortunately.

Dujek
12-30-2009, 07:36 AM
Sal, listening to last night's show now. You need to have it on at a more accessible time for people this side of the Atlantic...

Coach Sal
12-30-2009, 07:46 AM
Sal, listening to last night's show now. You need to have it on at a more accessible time for people this side of the Atlantic...

Or I could do a separate show for our Northern Ireland friends.

:)

Mahdi
12-30-2009, 07:50 AM
So what was the news??? I missed it.

Ok I got it. Sick news and if true is an instant revamping of the franchise.

TedMock
12-30-2009, 07:53 AM
Sal, I don't get to catch many shows, but you do a good job. Even last night with limited time & technical difficulties, it was an entertaining show. Good job.

THATHURMANATOR
12-30-2009, 08:00 AM

Thanks Coach!
I really appreciate your efforts here and if we don't get Cowher I wouldn't hold that against you in the least.

Can you tell me more about the possible succession plan to keep the Bills in Buffalo. I am more excited to hear about that than Cowher even.

Coach Sal
12-30-2009, 08:09 AM
Thanks Coach!
I really appreciate your efforts here and if we don't get Cowher I wouldn't hold that against you in the least.

Can you tell me more about the possible succession plan to keep the Bills in Buffalo. I am more excited to hear about that than Cowher even.

Thanks!

Like I said, the words "succession plan" were never actually used to me.

But that's the conclusion I come to (and most would, I'm guessing) when I hear the words "stable" and "heirs" together.

hydro
12-30-2009, 08:11 AM
They are talking about Sal on WGR!

Canadian'eh!
12-30-2009, 08:44 AM
I just cannot believe that Cowher will ever coach the Bills. I think it's mutual benefit to Cowher and th team (Cowher drives the price up, Bills can PR they are trying), but that it would never REALLY happen.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Ralph WIlson is 91. There is no way he's seen the light now. He's cheap when it coems to Front Office and Coaching, and he always will be. If he LUCKS into finding a gem, he always ends up burning bridges with them.

Philagape
12-30-2009, 08:49 AM
You know what's funny, the Buffalo Snooze ran this just this morning ....

Uncertainty is partly why no successful former NFL coach wants any part of the Buffalo Bills.

Ralph Wilson is 91. The franchise will go to auction, take on new ownership and likely relocate after his death since there is no other succession plan in place, at least none that Wilson has made public.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/story/907799.html

WeAreArthurMoates
12-30-2009, 09:04 AM
I am too! Oh and well done, Sal! You are the man! This is the happiest I have felt in a while and I'm wondering if the January 15th news that Thurman Thomas is talking about is your part about the Buffalo Bills ownership future....

:hail: Coach Sal

Man I have not heard about this Jan 15th date thurman set. Makes sense seeing the GM (Cowher) will be hired by then.

Typ0
12-30-2009, 09:16 AM
Thanks!

Like I said, the words "succession plan" were never actually used to me.

But that's the conclusion I come to (and most would, I'm guessing) when I hear the words "stable" and "heirs" together.

can you provide the information about what was said to you then and by whom? I don't think you can just link a couple words together and come to these conclusions. The heirs could just sell the team and the franchise can remain stable even if it moves to a different city. So what do you really have to make these claims?

hydro
12-30-2009, 09:18 AM
can you provide the information about what was said to you then and by whom? I don't think you can just link a couple words together and come to these conclusions. The heirs could just sell the team and the franchise can remain stable even if it moves to a different city. So what do you really have to make these claims?

How is moving to another city "stable"? That makes no sense to me whatsoever.

THATHURMANATOR
12-30-2009, 09:58 AM
TYPO is just a Grouch Charles.

Typ0
12-30-2009, 12:32 PM

It depends on what forms of stability you are talking about. Obviously, you are talking about geographic stability. But what if they are talking about financial stability? What if they are talking about how desperate they are for a long term solution at coach offering that position stability? When the Browns changed locale's they took the entire history of the franchise with them. Which organization has more stability today the Browns or Ravens? The Ravens do because they have more history behind them. That's the organization not their physical location. So stability is a relative term and deducing RW has a plan in place that is desirable for us fans because the word stable was used is bad reporting IMO.

Typ0
12-30-2009, 12:33 PM
TYPO is just a Grouch Charles.

That's such a load of bunk thurm. You don't like it because it doesn't fit your model. But my statement is true and any responsible reporting would verify this type of theory before putting it in print.

I could come on here and proclaim Thurm is going to win the lottery this week too. It would make you happy I'm sure and you would call everyone disagreeing with me an idiot I'm sure.

Coach Sal
12-30-2009, 12:37 PM
can you provide the information about what was said to you then and by whom?

Uh, no.

Why would I do that? Do you think I'm stupid?

So what do you really have to make these claims?

The same thing any other person in the media has to make their claims - sources he trusts.

No one's forcing or even asking you to believe anything.

But I'm not going to risk committing career suicide by putting out BS info.

Demon
12-30-2009, 12:45 PM

I've slept on the idea and talked to friends about it, and still i just can't believe it. Like i posted last night, i don't think you're lying or running a scam for your show, i just think your source may be misleading you or your sources source may be misleading them. I am not hoping for failure to throw it back in your face and i doubt anyone is. If this happens, especially the ownership part, then last night may have been the greatest night of our lives.

Until i have another confirmation from someone credible in the media that Russ Brandon met with Cowher, i just can't truly believe it. Sorry.

Dying_-2-_Live
12-30-2009, 12:46 PM
All i have to say... is please be right Sal

Typ0
12-30-2009, 12:47 PM
so you aren't willing to even tell us what you were actually told only your analysis and you have not verified anything about your theories. There are a lot of media outlets that won't print those stories and it's against journalistic integrity. If you want to be called a journalist when you are told something through the grapevine it's your responsibility to back what you believe is true up with other sources.

Uh, no.

Why would I do that? Do you think I'm stupid?

The same thing any other person in the media has to make their claims - sources he trusts.

No one's forcing or even asking you to believe anything.

But I'm not going to risk committing career suicide by putting out BS info.

Coach Sal
12-30-2009, 12:47 PM
I've slept on the idea and talked to friends about it, and still i just can't believe it. Like i posted last night, i don't think you're lying or running a scam for your show, i just think your source may be misleading you or your sources source may be misleading them. I am not hoping for failure to throw it back in your face and i doubt anyone is. If this happens, especially the ownership part, then last night may have been the greatest night of our lives.

Until i have another confirmation from someone credible in the media that Russ Brandon met with Cowher, i just can't truly believe it. Sorry.

Nothing wrong with that.

I'd probably have the same reaction myself.

I only have my word and reputation to go on and so far I think I've proven both to be very credible over the years.

Typ0
12-30-2009, 12:48 PM
I agree I'm not trying to throw it into anyones face either. However, I'm going to be very careful about what I take as sound reporting. That's my job as a media consumer.

Coach Sal
12-30-2009, 12:50 PM
so you aren't willing to even tell us what you were actually told only your analysis and you have not verified anything about your theories. There are a lot of media outlets that won't print those stories and it's against journalistic integrity. If you want to be called a journalist when you are told something through the grapevine it's your responsibility to back what you believe is true up with other sources.

You make zero sense and obviously have zero idea about how media works in regards to stories and news and sources.

I told you what I was told. WTF are you talking about?!?!

Obviously nothing I can do is going to convince you that I have solid sources, so why even bother continuing on this? I get it. You don't believe me. Fine. That's your right.

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 01:48 PM
I guess we'll all find out, won't we? (in a week when Cowher is signed somewhere else)

Coach Sal
12-30-2009, 01:54 PM
I guess we'll all find out, won't we? (in a week when Cowher is signed somewhere else)

No one's saying that can't happen, Juice.

camelcowboy
12-30-2009, 01:58 PM
I guess we'll all find out, won't we? (in a week when Cowher is signed somewhere else)I wish your posts Swine flu!

patmoran2006
12-30-2009, 02:00 PM
JUICE..

IF by some miracle Cowher becomes the Bills coach, will you promise you ban yourself from any future discussion?

madness
12-30-2009, 02:01 PM
You make zero sense and obviously have zero idea about how media works in regards to stories and news and sources.

I told you what I was told. WTF are you talking about?!?!

Obviously nothing I can do is going to convince you that I have solid sources, so why even bother continuing on this? I get it. You don't believe me. Fine. That's your right.

:rofl: This seems to be the hot topic on Bills message boards. Some of the comments are hilarious. Most people shut up though once they found out you nailed the T.O. signing and Stroud trade. Weren't you the first one to announce the Evans' extension as well?

Coach Sal
12-30-2009, 02:22 PM
:rofl: This seems to be the hot topic on Bills message boards. Some of the comments are hilarious. Most people shut up though once they found out you nailed the T.O. signing and Stroud trade. Weren't you the first one to announce the Evans' extension as well?

Actually, I did not have the Stroud trade - don't know where that came from.

But, yes, I did have the Evans extension before anyone.

I'm guessing some people are just getting the two mixed up?!

I also reported first at the end of last season that Trent Edwards had an arm injury. I called the Bills, they gave me a solid "plausible denial."

The next day they released a statement saying that Trent's arm was "sore" and he was seeking another opinion before making any decisions on what to do about it.

HAMMER
12-30-2009, 03:23 PM
GrouchO

Typ0
12-30-2009, 03:35 PM

really? I believe you are the one that has zero idea of how the media works. You are reporting your opinion in a way that it's to be construed as fact. The journalism you engage in is editorial not reporting yet you present yourself as a reporter. If you think I have zero sense of the media I expect you haven't had even the basic media training or you weren't listening during the training.

trapezeus
12-30-2009, 03:41 PM
i get typo's point. As for asking for who the contact is, that's killing Sal's ability to get future information.

is it sal's fault that he reports on good authority on information he feels is true, or is it society's fault for needing information so quickly that we don't care if it's official or not. we just want a good talking point?

Sal's item is a great talking point. he has credibility to offer it as he has given us a couple other stories in the past that proved to be correct.

but he was pretty clear that cowher is just talking ot the bills which was welcomed news. prior to that, i was of the opinion that hte bills had no shot at him and that he's not coming here.

But like shanahan, he may verywell be using us for a better deal elsewhere. Sal never said that wasn't an issue.

my two cents from the info given is that this is still a long shot. Carolina may still open up if Fox decides to mularkey it and walk. But he might not, he found something in Matt Moore. He could say, "i like carolina, i'm going to honor the last year of my contract, perform well, and get an awesome contract for more years for more money here or elsewhere."

We'll see how this all shakes out in due time. i can't wait for the final gun of the snoozefest that this sunday will be so we can get to the important business.

Typ0
12-30-2009, 04:12 PM
I understand the necessity of protecting your sources. However, in that case you have obtained certain and substantial secondary sources that confirm your information if you are going to run it as news reporting.

But my bigger point is that he hasn't even shared the language that was used. Instead he said someone who will be unnamed said the words 'stability' and 'heirs' in the same paragraph and this means RW has an extensive transitional plan in place to keep the team in buffalo. First of all, this is contrary to many direct quotes from RW himself that directly contradict this statement. Second of all, report this as heresay and give us the damn language. What's been done here is a travesty and gives people who do good journalistic work a bad name.

On another thing you said trap: it's both. So called news reporters that don't confirm their information because they are under pressure to get a scoop. And a public who isn't educated enough to respect the need for confirmation of facts and just wants to read something without regard for it's truth. A good analogy is the public eating up stories about people who were arrested as if they were immediately guilty.

i get typo's point. As for asking for who the contact is, that's killing Sal's ability to get future information.

is it sal's fault that he reports on good authority on information he feels is true, or is it society's fault for needing information so quickly that we don't care if it's official or not. we just want a good talking point?

Sal's item is a great talking point. he has credibility to offer it as he has given us a couple other stories in the past that proved to be correct.

but he was pretty clear that cowher is just talking ot the bills which was welcomed news. prior to that, i was of the opinion that hte bills had no shot at him and that he's not coming here.

But like shanahan, he may verywell be using us for a better deal elsewhere. Sal never said that wasn't an issue.

my two cents from the info given is that this is still a long shot. Carolina may still open up if Fox decides to mularkey it and walk. But he might not, he found something in Matt Moore. He could say, "i like carolina, i'm going to honor the last year of my contract, perform well, and get an awesome contract for more years for more money here or elsewhere."

We'll see how this all shakes out in due time. i can't wait for the final gun of the snoozefest that this sunday will be so we can get to the important business.

trapezeus
12-30-2009, 04:19 PM
I understand the necessity of protecting your sources. However, in that case you have obtained certain and substantial secondary sources that conform your information if you are going to run it as news reporting.

But my bigger point is that he hasn't even shared the language that was used. Instead he said someone who will be unnamed said the words 'stability' and 'heirs' in the same paragraph and this means RW has an extensive transitional plan in place to keep the team in buffalo. First of all, this is contrary to many direct quotes from RW himself that directly contradict this statement. Second of all, report this as heresay and give us the damn language. What's been done here is a travesty and gives people who do good journalistic work a bad name.

fair enough. but ralph knows that keeping the fanbase in freakishy misery about its long term future has made sellouts during 5-11 seasons possible. Perhaps that's why he didn't say anything. and like others alluded to, if cowher said, "what's the deal with this franchise when you're gone." ralph either lies and say, "it's all taken care of" or he tells the truth "it's all taken care of."

Sal's source can't decipher whether its truth or not. but it seems like this broke from the cowher side of things. so if that's the case, you can't ask sal to interpret it's truth worthiness. you are right, sal can keep following up with the story and try to make things stronger, but he also delivered a blow of exciting news to a devastated fanbase.

but you have the fact that sal has delivered on solid information on the past and is developing his name within the media. to get it wrong, have ralph pass away and have the team move in 2 minutes, doesn't bode well for him. so i'm guessing, he got this from a guy he really trusts.

we'll see how it all shakes out. i get your point about journalism. i really do.

Coach Sal
12-30-2009, 04:23 PM
I understand the necessity of protecting your sources. However, in that case you have obtained certain and substantial secondary sources that conform your information if you are going to run it as news reporting.

I've been very clear in the language. Maybe you only read a few pieces of the story here and there. I said it exactly as it was told to me on my show when I shared the info.

I'll try this again for you.

Source to me:
"The Bills ownership situation is one of the most stable in the league. Ralph Wilson is very committed to bringing a winner to Buffalo....and his heirs are also very committed to bringing a winner to Buffalo."

Now, please tell me what the Hell more you want and how this is such a travesty to "good" journalists?

As far as what RW has said before, I can't help that. My job is to report to you what I was told, which I did.

What's the issue? How am I supposed to prove anything without revealing my sources? How is anyone supposed to do that? Why is it not a travesty when someone from ESPN, MSNBC, or the AP uses "sources" for the info and not reveal them?

People have gone to jail for keeping their sources unnamed. Why would anyone want to lose their sources by outing them?

madness
12-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Actually, I did not have the Stroud trade - don't know where that came from.

But, yes, I did have the Evans extension before anyone.

I'm guessing some people are just getting the two mixed up?!

I also reported first at the end of last season that Trent Edwards had an arm injury. I called the Bills, they gave me a solid "plausible denial."

The next day they released a statement saying that Trent's arm was "sore" and he was seeking another opinion before making any decisions on what to do about it.
I think that's what it is. I knew something didn't sound right although I do remember somebody hinting to the Stroud trade before it happened.

Anyway, thanks for the hard work you've done to keep us fans involved. It's much appreciated. (by most of us)

Typ0
12-30-2009, 04:29 PM
Sal, I thought I read through the work and did not see the language and that is primarily what I had a big issue with. Seeing what was said is very important in something like this because you went on to draw conclusions.

As far as the sources go, I fully understand the need to keep sources private. If you don't do that then sources of information will suddenly dry up in every facet of society and massive injustices will ensue. However, especially in the case of sources who wish to remain nameless, you need to confirm with secondary sources the information you are printing as fact. This protects you and the public you service.

I've been very clear in the language. Maybe you only read a few pieces of the story here and there. I said it exactly as it was told to me on my show when I shared the info.

I'll try this again for you.

Source to me:
"The Bills ownership situation is one of the most stable in the league. Ralph Wilson is very committed to bringing a winner to Buffalo....and his heirs are also very committed to bringing a winner to Buffalo."

Now, please tell me what the Hell more you want and how this is such a travesty to "good" journalists?

As far as what RW has said before, I can't help that. My job is to report to you what I was told, which I did.

What's the issue? How am I supposed to prove anything without revealing my sources? How is anyone supposed to do that? Why is it not a travesty when someone from ESPN, MSNBC, or the AP uses "sources" for the info and not reveal them?

People have gone to jail for keeping their sources unnamed. Why would anyone want to lose their sources by outing them?

Coach Sal
12-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Sal, I thought I read through the work and did not see the language and that is primarily what I had a big issue with. Seeing what was said is very important in something like this because you went on to draw conclusions.

Thank you.

At least we have a better understanding now of the issue.

As far as conclusions, also remember, I am a talk show host. My job is to form opinions and conclusions. I'm not a beat reporter for the Bills.

And I don't believe my conclusions are far from illogical based on the above quote, wouldn't you agree?

Typ0
12-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Thank you.

At least we have a better understanding now of the issue.

As far as conclusions, also remember, I am a talk show host. My job is to form opinions and conclusions. I'm not a beat reporter for the Bills.

And I don't believe my conclusions are far from illogical based on the above quote, wouldn't you agree?

You sure do post a lot of news and place emphasis on your reporting. I guess I have to start likening you to Heraldo Rivera then.

As far as agreeing about what was said no I really don't. Ralphs heirs have that commitment now while he's still alive. It does not mention one thing about how they expect to behave once he's gone. you make a big and unfounded jump to after he's dead because the word heirs was used. They are his heirs today while he's alive too and they are committed to the things that RW is committed to at this time in his life. I think you are reading too much into it. I'm sure plenty will be willing to be fed this though because it fits in with what they want to happen...

Coach Sal
12-30-2009, 05:02 PM
You sure do post a lot of news and place emphasis on your reporting. I guess I have to start likening you to Heraldo Rivera then.

As far as agreeing about what was said no I really don't. Ralphs heirs have that commitment now while he's still alive. It does not mention one thing about how they expect to behave once he's gone. you make a big and unfounded jump to after he's dead because the word heirs was used. They are his heirs today while he's alive too and they are committed to the things that RW is committed to at this time in his life. I think you are reading too much into it. I'm sure plenty will be willing to be fed this though because it fits in with what they want to happen...

That's fair and valid points.

But it's hopefully obvious I'm not drawing these conclusions based on stupidity or sheer hope.

I'm drawing them base on my interpretations of those words and phrases, which is obviously different than yours, that's all.

Typ0
12-30-2009, 05:05 PM
That's fair and valid points.

But it's hopefully obvious I'm not drawing these conclusions based on stupidity or sheer hope.

I'm drawing them base on my interpretations of those words and phrases, which is obviously different than yours, that's all.

I have no problem with your opinion or that it's different than mine. The only problem I had was I couldn't see the language the opinion was based on so I could form my own. Than there are just so many people looking to listen to any old blog that agrees with what they want to happen it kind of makes me sad.

Jaybird
12-30-2009, 05:06 PM
enjoyed the show sal... Let's hope the news is true. Like you said it takes two to tango.. so I WILL NOT rip on you if your information is not accurate. It would be nice if the majority of the board can jump on board.

Goobylal
12-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Sal, did your source mention which heir(s) would get inheriting the team? (I'm sure you know this but) if it's his wife, there is no estate tax and no need to sell the team quickly.

And Typ0, Ralph dying and the team being sold at auction is not even CLOSE to being a "stable" ownership situation. You couldn't be more wrong there if you tried.

patmoran2006
12-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Jeez man.

If someone reports something, and you dont like that person or believe what they are saying, simply don't read the article and save yourself the trouble.

YardRat
12-30-2009, 06:17 PM
Jeez man.

If someone reports something, and you dont like that person or believe what they are saying, simply don't read the article and save yourself the trouble.

It's a message board pat...that's the dynamic of the forums...discussion.

Both you and Sal advertise your work on the boards in hopes of creating traffic to your sites, initiating discussion, and hopefully creating more traffic for both sites, correct?

One could also say if you don't want to see any discussion regarding your work then don't advertise it on the boards.

I'm not trying to be a dick but it works both ways.

For the record...

I believe Sal has a source and he received the info he reported from the source. Part of that, of course, is due to the credibility that he has built up over time. I also appreciate the time and effort Sal has put into this as well as his sharing of the information.

I don't believe, however, that the 'succession plan' is news of any kind. To me it's a no-brainer.

I also don't believe that the information places the team any closer to latching on to Cowher than they were 2 weeks ago. I do believe the possibility exists that the info wasn't necessarily shared to indicate that Bill actually might want to come here, but could simply be some light-weight posturing to gain leverage for the same position elsewhere. That's the 'rub' with sources and unconfirmed statements. What isn't said is equally as important as what actually is said.

Cowher could end up in Tampa, and Sal could still be 'right' about the statement and the source could still be 'right' about the information he shared but, for example, the source may have conveniently left out the comment "Yeah, Buffalo is a stable organization and that impresses me, but no way in hell would I go there for all the money in the world." Leave out the second part of that sentence and the mis-perception, whether intentional or not on anybody's part, is obvious.

It happens. All the time. Especially with the intraweb. Substantiated or secondary confirmation used to be a staple of journalism but technology has all but eliminated that step in the process.

That's why some of us appear to be taking the information with a grain of salt and not jumping all over it as honest-to-goodness truth.

Typ0
12-30-2009, 06:36 PM
Sal, did your source mention which heir(s) would get inheriting the team? (I'm sure you know this but) if it's his wife, there is no estate tax and no need to sell the team quickly.

And Typ0, Ralph dying and the team being sold at auction is not even CLOSE to being a "stable" ownership situation. You couldn't be more wrong there if you tried.

I covered this earlier. I also didn't say the ownership situation was stable sals source did.

Goobylal
12-30-2009, 07:01 PM
I covered this earlier. I also didn't say the ownership situation was stable sals source did.
I know Sal's source said the Bills' ownership situation is stable. And it is, if it involves passing the team to Ralph's wife Mary, or with some other form of estate planning (like setting up a charitable trust). If there is no worry about paying the huge estate tax bill, the team doesn't need to be sold at all, much less quickly. That's as stable as you'll get.