X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Thank You and clarifications for everyone

Just want to first thank everyone who came by the show tonight.

Even those who thought it was corny or stupid....I apreciate you giving it a chance.

Also want to thank T-Long and Pat for helping out so much to get the word out about the news I was sharing after my Internet dropped.

And I TOTALLY APOLOGIZE for that! The Internet was down in my entire neighborhood for about an hour. Unbelievable!

Now on to the topic....you all have every right to be skeptical. I don't blame you if you are.

But I can tell you that I 100% trust the sources that told me these things and I would not have done it this way (with such build-up) if I did not!

I do want to make clear, that I in no way have ever implied that any type of signing is imminent. Please don't misconstrue or misrepresent. I am only going by what I'm told and, again, have full confidence in.

The Bills have a 91-year old owner. He could wake up tomorrow and decide to keep Perry Fewell for all we know. But as of right now, he's "very committed" to bringing a winner to Buffalo and I'm very excited to hear this, just like you are!

There are so many people who just want this to not be true so they can say "I told you so." Fine. Go ahead if it's not true. But it's not for a lack of confidence in my sources, and not for a lack of knowing what's happening RIGHT NOW. I'm taking a big risk putting this stuff out there and hoping it comes true myself.

Also, remember, if the Bills hire someone other than Bill C., it doesn't mean they didn't try to what they believe is their hardest, nor that it was about them doing something wrong. It does take two to tango, as they say.

Thanks again. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that the Bills do it right and get out of this decade of Hell !!

Hope to see you all on the next shows - Sunday after the game and Tuesday at 9pm!!
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • EDS
    • Jan 2003

Re: Thank You and clarifications for everyone

Originally posted by Coach Sal
    Just want to first thank everyone who came by the show tonight.

Even those who thought it was corny or stupid....I apreciate you giving it a chance.

Also want to thank T-Long and Pat for helping out so much to get the word out about the news I was sharing after my Internet dropped.

And I TOTALLY APOLOGIZE for that! The Internet was down in my entire neighborhood for about an hour. Unbelievable!

Now on to the topic....you all have every right to be skeptical. I don't blame you if you are.

But I can tell you that I 100% trust the sources that told me these things and I would not have done it this way (with such build-up) if I did not!

I do want to make clear, that I in no way have ever implied that any type of signing is imminent. Please don't misconstrue or misrepresent. I am only going by what I'm told and, again, have full confidence in.

The Bills have a 91-year old owner. He could wake up tomorrow and decide to keep Perry Fewell for all we know. But as of right now, he's "very committed" to bringing a winner to Buffalo and I'm very excited to hear this, just like you are!

There are so many people who just want this to not be true so they can say "I told you so." Fine. Go ahead if it's not true. But it's not for a lack of confidence in my sources, and not for a lack of knowing what's happening RIGHT NOW. I'm taking a big risk putting this stuff out there and hoping it comes true myself.

Also, remember, if the Bills hire someone other than Bill C., it doesn't mean they didn't try to what they believe is their hardest, nor that it was about them doing something wrong. It does take two to tango, as they say.

Thanks again. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that the Bills do it right and get out of this decade of Hell !!

Hope to see you all on the next shows - Sunday after the game and Tuesday at 9pm!!
    If we are going to be intellectually honest, I think Bills fans are entitled to a high degree of skepticism with respect to Ralph's stated intentions of bringing a big name coach in based on past precedent.

Personally I would rather all talk of what coach to hire be tabled until Ralph hires a top notch GM as we can then get comfort from the belief that such GM will know what he is doing. Can't really say the current front office really knows what it is doing.

Comment

• Coach Sal
      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by EDS
      If we are going to be intellectually honest, I think Bills fans are entitled to a high degree of skepticism with respect to Ralph's stated intentions of bringing a big name coach in based on past precedent.

Personally I would rather all talk of what coach to hire be tabled until Ralph hires a top notch GM as we can then get comfort from the belief that such GM will know what he is doing. Can't really say the current front office really knows what it is doing.
      Of course.

I was blown away when I was told what I was.

I still am.
      Click to listen:

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

I am too! Oh and well done, Sal! You are the man! This is the happiest I have felt in a while and I'm wondering if the January 15th news that Thurman Thomas is talking about is your part about the Buffalo Bills ownership future....

Coach Sal

Comment

• bflojohn
          • Aug 2005

I was "on" tonight with the broadcast and I'd say the best information is that Ralph Wilson has a succession plan in place and it is "willing" this team to his family. You mentioned the Bills as being described as a stable franchise by your source, and that this lends to the notion that a big name coach will view the Bills as a viable option, going forward. That bit of news was startling to me and I suppose many other Bills fans. I hope and pray that everything in THAT vein is true and correct for Bills nation. Thanks, and by the way, I hung in there tonight during your lull period!

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Just because there are those that have questions or remain slightly skeptical doesn't mean they are rooting for anybody else to fail.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

reading the sal's story bullet points last night when i got home, i felt like i won a mini superbowl. i hope this all comes true. it's really the only thing that would stop me from being pretty pessimistic about 2010.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

Sal, I don't know if it's skepticism towards you. I think it's more towards the Bills organization as a whole, and the doubts that many of us have about all of this "proven coach and GM" talk. It's like crapping in your hand, and wishing in the other, and seeing which one fills up first.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                  The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                  • Feb 2005

After finally seeing a show last night, I will not miss another one!
                  In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                    • Feb 2004

I wish I could have been there last nite for the show.....
                    GO Gators!!!!!!
                    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Coach Sal
                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by YardRat
                      Just because there are those that have questions or remain slightly skeptical doesn't mean they are rooting for anybody else to fail.
                      Most aren't.

My comment on that was directed at a very select few.

I know because I have to deal with them on MBs and through PMs, unfortunately.
                      Click to listen:

Comment

• Dujek
                        Hall of Fame Zoner
                        • Jan 2008

Sal, listening to last night's show now. You need to have it on at a more accessible time for people this side of the Atlantic...

Comment

• Coach Sal
                          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Dujek
                          Sal, listening to last night's show now. You need to have it on at a more accessible time for people this side of the Atlantic...
                          Or I could do a separate show for our Northern Ireland friends.

:)
                          Click to listen:

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

So what was the news??? I missed it.

Ok I got it. Sick news and if true is an instant revamping of the franchise.
                            Last edited by Mahdi; 12-30-2009, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• TedMock
                              • Jul 2002

Sal, I don't get to catch many shows, but you do a good job. Even last night with limited time & technical difficulties, it was an entertaining show. Good job.

Comment

Working...
                              X