PDA

View Full Version : My NFL.com article on Sal's report

T-Long
12-30-2009, 05:57 AM
Hot Stove Rumor: Cowher leaving door open for Bills, team staying in Buffalo long term?

According to Sal Capaccio from SalSports.com, the Buffalo Bills have met with Bill Cowher in person in the past two weeks. Capaccio said his sources are saying that Cowher is keeping the door open about the possibility of becoming the next Bills head coach. A source has told Capaccio that Cowher is very impressed with the Bills organization and recognizes the stability they have.
READ MORE... (http://blogblitz.nfl.com/buffalo-bills/entry/notes_on_cowher_and_succession)

T-Long
12-30-2009, 05:59 AM
And scratch that sentence about John Fox being asked back. My editor added that. I emailed him this morning bc that is not fully true. Yes, Fox may have been asked back, but there is no indication of him accepting it and returning to coach in a lame duck year.

YardRat
12-30-2009, 06:03 AM
:beers:

Hopefully the article helps flame the nat'l media fires a little bit.

T-Long
12-30-2009, 06:05 AM
I also sent it to Mike Florio of Profootballtalk.com I've had contacts with him plenty of times in the past and he's always run any stuff me and him have talked about. Hopefully he runs with the story, because it will then get a huge following.

Night Train
12-30-2009, 06:30 AM
Guys, I'd like to believe this.. but right now it gives the appearance of posters just blogging and trying to have someone bigger pick it up and run with it.

No one else seems to know Cowher is interested/talking with the Bills. I hope you're right... I guess time will tell. :gossips:

Griz78
12-30-2009, 07:46 AM
No one knew when Shanahan met with the Bills. I remmeber it being a Wednesday and people kept saying "sometime this week" and then it broke that he alreayd met with them on the Monday night/Tuesday afternoon.

One thing is Russ and company can be pretty stealth.

Look when Jauron was fired, who knew he flew to Detroit that Monday after the Titans game?

Night Train
12-30-2009, 07:53 AM
I also sent it to Mike Florio of Profootballtalk.com I've had contacts with him plenty of times in the past and he's always run any stuff me and him have talked about. Hopefully he runs with the story, because it will then get a huge following.

Well, he ran with it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/30/rumors-resurface-linking-cowher-to-the-bills/

Jan Reimers
12-30-2009, 08:05 AM
Florio failed to mention any succession plan involving "heirs," however.

Nighthawk
12-30-2009, 08:26 AM
Florio failed to mention any succession plan involving "heirs," however.

Yeah, and if fact, he fueled the belief that the franchise will be sold and moved. Florio is a tool.

trapezeus
12-30-2009, 08:26 AM
and he slants it as his just using us as leverage with the bucs.

If we get burned on this, there literally will never be any hope. we literally have no GM, no coach, no QB, nothing. We are handing the keys to who ever, for the most cash possible with potential ownership pie and a clean slate to build as you want. If no one wants a bite at this, no one will ever want it.

baalworship
12-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Some of the dumbest comments on the internet are on ProFootballtalk.com. My favorite post was someone claiming Tampa is more of a football town than Buffalo because they often host the Superbowl.

trapezeus
12-30-2009, 08:39 AM
this is true baal. some very stupid comments are on there, but the last one so far is the best one. The bills need to chant for cowher in the same fashion we wrangled in TKO.

I think Fewell seems like a nice guy, so it's a little disrespectful. but after being disrespected 10 full years by the team, i say, chant it loud, chant in proud. We want Cowher!!!!

Typ0
12-30-2009, 09:09 AM
this is true baal. some very stupid comments are on there, but the last one so far is the best one. The bills need to chant for cowher in the same fashion we wrangled in TKO.

I think Fewell seems like a nice guy, so it's a little disrespectful. but after being disrespected 10 full years by the team, i say, chant it loud, chant in proud. We want Cowher!!!!

it's not disrespectful at all. Fewell is in an interim position and the whole point of it is to have the position filled while the hiring process takes place.

trapezeus
12-30-2009, 09:19 AM
but fewell is on record for saying this has been a dream come true to be a HC and he really wants to remain a head coach. True, he didn't do himself any favors punting on 4th and 3 last week, but he wants to be a HC.

He already is one right now. he wants the gig.

If the bills play ok and we still chant for cowher it seems a little harsh. however, if they put up a stinker to the tune of 31-3 against Painter and the backups, i don't mind hurt feelings.

Beebe's Kid
12-30-2009, 12:14 PM
but fewell is on record for saying this has been a dream come true to be a HC and he really wants to remain a head coach. True, he didn't do himself any favors punting on 4th and 3 last week, but he wants to be a HC.

If the bills play ok and we still chant for cowher it seems a little harsh. however, if they put up a stinker to the tune of 31-3 against Painter and the backups, i don't mind hurt feelings.

I like Fewell, and I wish him well...

Let's chant.

I don't care about his feelings, I care about the Bills. I shouldn't say I don't care about his feelings, but he is making $, and we gave him the greatest opportunity of his life. He fared half way decent, and would never have been given the opportunity anywhere else.

Your welcome, Perry, and I hate to do this, but....

"Cowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww-Herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!"

"We want the chin, We want the chin"

Typ0
12-30-2009, 12:23 PM
So he wants to be a coach. Nothing wrong with that or his being honest. But he also knows his current situation and the current expectations are on the table. There is nothing wrong with his desire to be a coach or the Bills desire to embark on the hiring process for a coach. That really would be their only motivation for firing DJ and Fewell getting the job anyway.

BILLSROCK1212
12-30-2009, 12:47 PM
do you guys feel maybe things have been kept under raps for a reason and it may be best if it didn't go out too far??

Typ0
12-30-2009, 03:40 PM
or maybe it's a case of a reporter saying 2 + 2 = -14 because it's a slow news week.

Beebe's Kid
12-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Either way, it is interesting, and exciting. Even if you are one of the Debbie Downers that continues to profess how it will not, could not, should not happen, you are really only doing so you don't look like a jerk when it doesn't happen, by not being a "Kool-Aid Drinker." Then you get to enjoy a 3" boner over getting on the board and telling all the people that said it would be exciting how right you were, and how you hate Levy, Whitner, Poz, Kelly, Ralph, Billy Buffalo, and on and on....

Then it is back to your miserable life, getting abused by your wife, kicked by your dog, and realizing that just like all the loser "Kool-Aid Kids" you spent just as much time on message boards and probably are actually letting the Bills lower your standard of living...if you call them standards, that is.

jamze132
12-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Fewell shouldn't even be entertaining the thought of Fitzdouchetrick starting Sunday. Chant away!

paladin warrior
12-30-2009, 07:58 PM
IF BUffalo Bills Hire Bill Cowher. Do you think T.O will stay?

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 08:05 PM
ha were u the dude in there last night asking that every 10 seconds?

i love TO but he's gone dude.