PDA

View Full Version : Peters, McKinnie, DRC, Mangold and Orakpo...

Mahdi
12-30-2009, 08:12 AM
These guys making the ProBowl really stings. To think we could have had McKinnie instead of MW, traded away Peters, selected McCargo over Mangold, Maybin over Orakpo and Mckelvin over DRC.

As a Bills fan this is very disappointing. At least Byrd made it and "Maybe" one day.

Mahdi
12-30-2009, 08:16 AM
O yeah and Whitner over Ngata. And yes hindsight is 20/20 but I am only mentioning players that would have filled positions of need and that we were lobbying for at the time.

Night Train
12-30-2009, 08:16 AM
Agreed.. but we have to give the new admin a clean slate and see what they can do. Maybe they'll screw up and do it right. :up:

We have a solid 50 year history of off-season blunders.

DraftBoy
12-30-2009, 08:31 AM
These guys making the ProBowl really stings. To think we could have had McKinnie instead of MW, traded away Peters, selected McCargo over Mangold, Maybin over Orakpo and Mckelvin over DRC.

As a Bills fan this is very disappointing. At least Byrd made it and "Maybe" one day.

While this may sound a little ironic coming from me, given my man love for DRC. But I think McKelvin will one day be a Pro Bowler as well. He has similar talent and if he can stay healthy and get a pass rush provided he could really thrive.

ddaryl
12-30-2009, 08:33 AM
that's right guys just stick that knife in a little deeper...

The fact is, us armchair QB's were better prepared to draft in the 1st round then the person making the final decision on draft day for the Bills

and we would work for 6 figure salaries not 7 like those who did make those decisions.

If Ralph wants to be cheap maybe he should hire Billszone to handle the 1st rd of the draft.

Mahdi
12-30-2009, 08:34 AM
While this may sound a little ironic coming from me, given my man love for DRC. But I think McKelvin will one day be a Pro Bowler as well. He has similar talent and if he can stay healthy and get a pass rush provided he could really thrive.
I agree, its just at this present time, its annoying.

Philagape
12-30-2009, 08:37 AM
How cool would it have been to have two of the three rookie Pro Bowlers?

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 09:15 AM
Who does DRC have to cover? TJ Housmandzedah? Josh Morgan? LOL.

There are no WR's in the NFC, except on Arizona. He doesn't have to cover anybody worth a damn.

baalworship
12-30-2009, 09:21 AM
Mckelvin is a much more physical corner than DRC. McKelvin hits like a truck.

bigbub2352
12-30-2009, 09:52 AM
sad that we took the guys we did over those guys
hope a new regime can lite a fire under guys like McKelvin and Maybin
cause im done with the others u mentioned they are busts

DraftBoy
12-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Who does DRC have to cover? TJ Housmandzedah? Josh Morgan? LOL.

There are no WR's in the NFC, except on Arizona. He doesn't have to cover anybody worth a damn.

Your post is dumb. Take a look at your schedule before you open your mouth.

DRC was matched up against players like Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Steve Smith (NYG), TJ Housh, Steve Smith (CAR), Sidney Rice, and Calvin Johnson throughout this season.

DraftBoy
12-30-2009, 10:45 AM
Mckelvin is a much more physical corner than DRC. McKelvin hits like a truck.

Without a doubt DRC is the more finesse style CB, but he is also the bigger playmaker. Which does lead to him getting burned more as well.

Mr. Pink
12-30-2009, 11:08 AM
DB didn't you and I like DRC more than McKelvin going into that draft?

And I know at least most of the moves in the original post weren't hindsight...many of us were clamoring for Ngata over Whitner, Mangold over McCargo.

Hell many of us thought we moved up to draft Mangold.

OpIv37
12-30-2009, 11:10 AM

McKelvin may have made it if he didn't get hurt. I'm fine with McKelvin over DRC.

The rest of them- agreed. Piss-poor personnel evaluation.

DraftBoy
12-30-2009, 11:13 AM

Yes, you and I, Devin, and a few others had really started to like him. In the end I dont know the difference between the two will be all that much, DRC will be a bigger playmaker, but McKelvin has the more solid all-around game.

Mahdi
12-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Yes, you and I, Devin, and a few others had really started to like him. In the end I dont know the difference between the two will be all that much, DRC will be a bigger playmaker, but McKelvin has the more solid all-around game.
I liked McKelvin more because he was more polished coming out than DRC and was considered a shut down corner whereas DRC was seen as a playmaker with a high ceiling. I too am fine with McKelvin over DRC, its just a shame about the injuries.

Once we have a pass rush though, McKelvin can become a PB corner.

BillsPride12
12-30-2009, 11:27 AM

And I know at least most of the moves in the original post weren't hindsight...many of us were clamoring for Ngata over Whitner, Mangold over McCargo.

Hell many of us thought we moved up to draft Mangold.

I still remember that one like it was yesterday, I was so excited when we moved up and couldn't believe that for once we were finally going to draft a player that I wanted us to and I had done my homework on Mangold I knew he was gonna be a legit NFL player, and then they selected McCargo :cry: the life of a Bills fan

DraftBoy
12-30-2009, 11:34 AM
I liked McKelvin more because he was more polished coming out than DRC and was considered a shut down corner whereas DRC was seen as a playmaker with a high ceiling. I too am fine with McKelvin over DRC, its just a shame about the injuries.

Once we have a pass rush though, McKelvin can become a PB corner.

I dont know about McKelvin being a shut down and DRC not, I think both are in that mold. DRC will liley always have more takeaway while McKelvin will be better in run support and tackling. Both though are good to great cover guys.

DRC is further along as of right now due to his playmaking ability and staying healthy. We need McKelvin to stay healthy.

HHURRICANE
12-30-2009, 11:39 AM
Good for Peters. He basically shoved it up the ass of everyone who *****ed about him.

Good players get paid. We did the exact same thing to Pat Williams.

HHURRICANE
12-30-2009, 11:40 AM

Finally people are realizing that the FO is a joke. Letting Peters walk and than drafting Maybin over Orakpo in the same year goes beyond mind-boggling.

we are
12-30-2009, 12:05 PM
Mckinnie and Peters were extremely average this year.

Dying_-2-_Live
12-30-2009, 12:07 PM

McKelvin IS better than DRC.

we are
12-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Yeah I dont understand the bashing of Leodis. He was really coming on last year and he didn't even play this year. Yeah he fumbled....get over it.

Mahdi
12-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Mckinnie and Peters were extremely average this year.
No. Peters has been excellent. McNabb has been well protected all year and their passing game is better than ever.

Peters has earned his PB selection this time.

we are
12-30-2009, 12:30 PM
No. Peters has been excellent. McNabb has been well protected all year and their passing game is better than ever.

Peters has earned his PB selection this time.

Yeah I dont know. I talked to Elvis Dumervil and he didn't think that was the case.

He certainly played better than last year, but he didn't live up to that contract.

Mr. Pink
12-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Peters got in because of name recognition.

That's all the probowl is for OL.

Dude made the probowl last year too and was one of the worst LT's in football.

Mahdi
12-30-2009, 12:53 PM
I dont know about McKelvin being a shut down and DRC not, I think both are in that mold. DRC will liley always have more takeaway while McKelvin will be better in run support and tackling. Both though are good to great cover guys.

DRC is further along as of right now due to his playmaking ability and staying healthy. We need McKelvin to stay healthy.
I meant when they were coming out McKelvin was the more polished shut down CB while DRC was seen as the high potential playmaker type guy. DRC didn't play great competition in college so it was unsure if he could come in and be a shut down CB.

Now though its clear that both have that potential. In fact I think McKelvin has just as much playmaker in him as DRC does but injury has kept him from showing his potential.

Beastie Bills
12-30-2009, 01:36 PM
O yeah and Whitner over Ngata. And yes hindsight is 20/20 but I am only mentioning players that would have filled positions of need and that we were lobbying for at the time.

Well, DT was probably our biggest need when we passed on Ngata, so I think that fits.

Beastie Bills
12-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Peters got in because of name recognition.

That's all the probowl is for OL.

Dude made the probowl last year too and was one of the worst LT's in football.

Ruben's last few probowls were complete BS too. He was terrible in his last few years in Buffalo.

k-oneputt
12-30-2009, 01:42 PM
O-t's average or not, they are still way better than what the Bills are putting out there.

DraftBoy
12-30-2009, 01:45 PM
McKelvin IS better than DRC.

No he is not currently better.

SquishDaFish
12-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Peters made it on name only! He is not that great. And McKinney has no reason to be there. He had a below average year.

dannyek71
12-30-2009, 03:59 PM
im glad peters is gone. Yes, he was talented, but anyone who says that their pay affected how hard they tried is not someone I want on my team.

In essence, we traded Peters for Eric Wood and a draft pick. I am happy with this trade.

HHURRICANE
12-30-2009, 04:45 PM
im glad peters is gone. Yes, he was talented, but anyone who says that their pay affected how hard they tried is not someone I want on my team.

In essence, we traded Peters for Eric Wood and a draft pick. I am happy with this trade.

Yeah, Wood looks like a good pick considering he moght have a career changing injury.

I love people on this board.

I'll take Peters back in a heart beat.

SquishDaFish
12-30-2009, 05:12 PM
Wood was very good for us. I rather have someone that wants to be here and play the game not for a paycheck undeserved. How do you know his injury is career changing?