PDA

View Full Version : Adam Schefter: "Buffalo an option" for Cowher

Coach Sal
12-30-2009, 08:57 AM
Asked if Mike Shanahan and Bill Cowher will be coaching next season, Schefter said, "Mike Shanahan is, and Bill Cowher wants to," noting that Cowher's options are more limited, with Tampa Bay the leading candidate and Buffalo an option.

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/th...eware-patriots

Both of those parts bolded are exactly what I reported. I hope this comes true as much as any of you do.

THATHURMANATOR
12-30-2009, 08:59 AM
RALPH DON'T GET OUTBID BY TAMPA!!!! COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!

WeAreArthurMoates
12-30-2009, 09:00 AM
Awesome Sal, great work. You've caught the media's attention. I'm praying this is true and it is, the Bills will be sold out for the next 10 yrs. It will be the toughest ticket in town, I'm just glad we already got our seasons.

baalworship
12-30-2009, 09:14 AM
The issue that can both be positive and negative for us is Tampa Bay's ownership fired Tony Dungy and John Gruden, two guys who had won. Raheem Morris has barely done anything and many fans there view him as a placeholder. So the negative against us is Tampa Bay will not hesitate in firing Morris and replacing him.

The positive part is if I was Brandon I would work that angle hard to put doubt in Cowher's mind. Would you want to work for an organization that fired Tony Dungy and John Gruden?! Remember, Cowher always had the benefit of patience in Pittsburgh.

RockStar36
12-30-2009, 09:15 AM
Assuming this is all a real possibility....

How is Tampa Bay a better situation than Buffalo? If someone can please explain that, I'm definitely listening.

casdhf
12-30-2009, 09:19 AM
It's closer to Carolina and doesnt have **** weather for 10 months of the year?

mayotm
12-30-2009, 09:21 AM
As far as a football situation, there probably isn't much difference. However, most people would rather live in Tampa versus Buffalo. No disrespect to Buffalonians intended.

RockStar36
12-30-2009, 09:22 AM
He coached in Pittsburgh for a very long time. I highly doubt the warm weather in Tampa is a deciding factor.

trapezeus
12-30-2009, 09:24 AM
if i was making $10MM a year, i wouldn't mind living in a mansion for like $1MM 15 minutes from the stadium and living with a cheaper cost of living than pretty much everywhere else in the country.

I also wouldn't mind getting a small piece of ownership.

I also wouldn't mind that i'd be gettinga top 10 pick, with very little that needse to be kept from the previous team. It's a blank slate. and with a ravaged team, you know the expectations for 2010 is very low.

even with cowher, if the bills went 4-12 next year, but actually won the four games by outplaying the other team, lost a couple heartbreakers by being a young team and showed that the OL is pretty solid, running is good, and there is a viable QB for 2011, i'd find that to be a whole lot better than what just happened this year.

Coach Sal
12-30-2009, 09:29 AM
Tampa has maybe the best facilities in the NFL and there's no state income tax in Florida. That part is always big.

mayotm
12-30-2009, 09:29 AM
He coached in Pittsburgh for a very long time. I highly doubt the warm weather in Tampa is a deciding factor.Didn't say it was the deciding factor. However, all things being equal, most would choose to live in Tampa. The Bills need to have a signficantly better offer on the table to land Cowher. Lets hope they do.

trapezeus
12-30-2009, 09:35 AM
what is morris's contract? how many years and for how much. ownership has to take that into account on a cash basis, no?

that means the bills should have more to offer.

And that means state tax or no state tax, cowher takes home more, plus puts an asset on his balance sheet that says, "minority owner - Buffalo Bills"

All i ask is for Cowher to come to Buffalo and let the city show him why he should stay. no one ever knocks the people of buffalo, famous or not. Southern hospitality my ass. Western New York is where the love is.

Philagape
12-30-2009, 09:36 AM

How is Tampa Bay a better situation than Buffalo? If someone can please explain that, I'm definitely listening.

Taxes.

madness
12-30-2009, 09:36 AM
I think it would be stupid to get rid of Raheem Morris at this point especially after they just knocked off the Saints and will probably beat the Falcons. :ontome:

baalworship
12-30-2009, 09:39 AM
if i was making $10MM a year, i wouldn't mind living in a mansion for like $1MM 15 minutes from the stadium and living with a cheaper cost of living than pretty much everywhere else in the country.

I also wouldn't mind getting a small piece of ownership.

I also wouldn't mind that i'd be gettinga top 10 pick, with very little that needse to be kept from the previous team. It's a blank slate. and with a ravaged team, you know the expectations for 2010 is very low.

even with cowher, if the bills went 4-12 next year, but actually won the four games by outplaying the other team, lost a couple heartbreakers by being a young team and showed that the OL is pretty solid, running is good, and there is a viable QB for 2011, i'd find that to be a whole lot better than what just happened this year.

The cost of living thing does not work in Buffalo's favor. When you add in the insane heating bills and higher taxes I bet Tampa is a better deal.

I personally would never want to live in Florida but I am the exception not the rule.

ddaryl
12-30-2009, 09:40 AM
way too ****ing ******* hot in Florida in the summer time...

I can't stand Fla heat humidity from may -sept

too bad football wasn't a summer sport because then Buffalo would have the edge

DMBcrew36
12-30-2009, 09:41 AM
Taxes.

Yep. NY has some of the highest taxes, and Erie County is the most heavily taxed within the state, just about.

bigbub2352
12-30-2009, 09:47 AM
i would streak if Cowher comes here

Mahdi
12-30-2009, 09:47 AM
http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/th...eware-patriots

Both of those parts bolded are exactly what I reported. I hope this comes true as much as any of you do.
Bill Cowher style football works better in Buffalo. Run and stop the run and get after QBs that can't handle the tough weather conditions.

If he wants something similar to Pittsburgh where teams hate to come to your house then Buffalo is the place.

I really think he has a better chance to succeed in Buffalo than in Tampa.

Philagape
12-30-2009, 09:49 AM
"Buffalo," "stopping the run" and "getting after QBs" haven't been seen much in the same sentence the last few years, unless it also included "not."

justasportsfan
12-30-2009, 09:59 AM
I could be biased but buffalo should be a better option than Tampa. Who wouldn't love to face BB , Parcells and Ryan. If that doesn't keep your juices flowing I don't know what. Then again, the NFC sucks and the road to the sb would be easier.

Throne Logic
12-30-2009, 10:16 AM
The issue that can both be positive and negative for us is Tampa Bay's ownership fired Tony Dungy and John Gruden, two guys who had won. Raheem Morris has barely done anything and many fans there view him as a placeholder. So the negative against us is Tampa Bay will not hesitate in firing Morris and replacing him.

The positive part is if I was Brandon I would work that angle hard to put doubt in Cowher's mind. Would you want to work for an organization that fired Tony Dungy and John Gruden?! Remember, Cowher always had the benefit of patience in Pittsburgh.

Um. Wade Phillips fired after playoffs when he refused to comply with Ralph's meddling. Or how about diving away multiple successful GMs, including one of the best ever, Bill Polian.

I'd pitch the positives.

Throne Logic
12-30-2009, 10:20 AM

How about being closer to his home.
Or perhaps Bill is tired of living with snow.
No Ralph.
Massive pirate ship in one endzone.

split71
12-30-2009, 10:26 AM
I think Cowher's decision may come down to a teams GM. Mark Dominik, the current GM for Tampa, is a long time employee that worked his way up the ladder to GM after Allen was let go. I'm not sure he's going anywhere...

Buffalo, has a good opportunity to bring in the 'right' guy for GM which could convince Cowher to come to Buffalo....Kevin Colbert from Pittsburgh comes to mind. :jam:

T-Long
12-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Kevin Colbert from Pittsburgh comes to mind.

Exactly!

Throne Logic
12-30-2009, 10:27 AM
i would streak if Cowher comes here

Another point in Tampa's favor. . .

Bill Cody
12-30-2009, 10:48 AM
I'm telling you guys Cowher is the right guy, the right fit for us. Both teams blow dogs. So it could come down to money, control, the GM, how Cowher feels about Granpa Wilson. Wilson has done little right here for a long long time. He needs to find a way to make this happen. If indeed it is a 2 horse race Tampa is not a clearly better situation. GET ER DONE RALPH AND THEN DIE!

ChristopherWalken
12-30-2009, 10:56 AM
I don't think that housing costs and location is a concern here. Chances are he's not going to move his family as they will stay in Carolina much like they did when he was in Pittsburgh. He'll probably just get a small place in either city and leave as much as he can as well as bring his family in as often as possible. Besides, either franchise would be wise to front these living expenses in order to lure the mighty Cowher.

What we need to be discussing here is what do the Bills have to offer that the Bucs cannot.

The Bills have already stated that they would consider offering the HC/GM hybrid position. I don't think Tampa will be willing to do the same. Cowher has had several run ins with GMs in the past, so this very well might appeal to him. If so = +1 for Buffalo

Talent....seems to me that both of this teams are stinking it up quite horribly, however when the Bills are healthy, they prove to have more depth in talent.

Lets sectionalize:

Both have line problems. Though the Bills have a slew of young talent on OL. Tampa has better TE talent and seemingly better talent at DL. If Schobel retires this comparison doesn't get any better.

QB: Stink city for both teams. I would have to say that Freeman has a plus over Edwards, as Edwards is as fragile as a cupcake under a heat lamp. Either way, QB will have to be addressed in either city.

WR: Clayton and Bryant have had a strong share of issues over the years and neither prove to be dominate in the passing game. Evans has been better in the past, but his recent ineffectiveness is likely due to line injuries and QB inconsistency. Hardy has dominating size but really hasn't done much in the way of proving he's worth #2 talent. Reed has size issues (short) but is sure handed. Owens is more than likely out, though if the Bills can win over Cowher, he may consider staying another season. = +1 Bills

Running game: Jackson and Lynch have yet to be a duo to reckon with. They often show glimpses of dominance, but in the end are nothing shy of mediocre. Again, line injuries and inconsistent play at QB can be blamed here. With that being said, Carnell Williams and Derrick Ward are no Chris Johnson and LenDale White combo. I think the Bills backs are better suited for a dominate passing game as Ward and Williams are better downhill runners. Huggins hasn't really been given enough opportunity to judge. = wash

LBs: Bills win this hands down IMO as a good coach will see what position Maybin is truly designed for. I think the Bills LBs would flourish in a 3-4 type defense. = Bills +1

DBs: The Bills dominate in depth here as Barber has to be nearing the end of his career very soon. In other words, a good coach can make better use of what the Bills have to offer.

Really, I think it comes down to money and control. I'm not sure if the Bills will be able to beat out Tampa dollar for dollar, but again, the Bills offer total football control. Also the Bills will present more of a Pittsburgh feel for Cowher as he is quite comfortable with the grittiness of a blue collar town. Though Tampa will offer luxury.

The King
12-30-2009, 10:57 AM
Im not sure why Morris would be ousted after this season. He's got a terrible team playing hard out there at least give him a chance.

DMBcrew36
12-30-2009, 11:20 AM
I don't think that housing costs and location is a concern here. Chances are he's not going to move his family as they will stay in Carolina much like they did when he was in Pittsburgh. He'll probably just get a small place in either city and leave as much as he can as well as bring his family in as often as possible. Besides, either franchise would be wise to front these living expenses in order to lure the mighty Cowher.

What we need to be discussing here is what do the Bills have to offer that the Bucs cannot.

The Bills have already stated that they would consider offering the HC/GM hybrid position. I don't think Tampa will be willing to do the same. Cowher has had several run ins with GMs in the past, so this very well might appeal to him. If so = +1 for Buffalo

Talent....seems to me that both of this teams are stinking it up quite horribly, however when the Bills are healthy, they prove to have more depth in talent.

Lets sectionalize:

Both have line problems. Though the Bills have a slew of young talent on OL. Tampa has better TE talent and seemingly better talent at DL. If Schobel retires this comparison doesn't get any better.

QB: Stink city for both teams. I would have to say that Freeman has a plus over Edwards, as Edwards is as fragile as a cupcake under a heat lamp. Either way, QB will have to be addressed in either city.

WR: Clayton and Bryant have had a strong share of issues over the years and neither prove to be dominate in the passing game. Evans has been better in the past, but his recent ineffectiveness is likely due to line injuries and QB inconsistency. Hardy has dominating size but really hasn't done much in the way of proving he's worth #2 talent. Reed has size issues (short) but is sure handed. Owens is more than likely out, though if the Bills can win over Cowher, he may consider staying another season. = +1 Bills

Running game: Jackson and Lynch have yet to be a duo to reckon with. They often show glimpses of dominance, but in the end are nothing shy of mediocre. Again, line injuries and inconsistent play at QB can be blamed here. With that being said, Carnell Williams and Derrick Ward are no Chris Johnson and LenDale White combo. I think the Bills backs are better suited for a dominate passing game as Ward and Williams are better downhill runners. Huggins hasn't really been given enough opportunity to judge. = wash

LBs: Bills win this hands down IMO as a good coach will see what position Maybin is truly designed for. I think the Bills LBs would flourish in a 3-4 type defense. = Bills +1

DBs: The Bills dominate in depth here as Barber has to be nearing the end of his career very soon. In other words, a good coach can make better use of what the Bills have to offer.

Really, I think it comes down to money and control. I'm not sure if the Bills will be able to beat out Tampa dollar for dollar, but again, the Bills offer total football control. Also the Bills will present more of a Pittsburgh feel for Cowher as he is quite comfortable with the grittiness of a blue collar town. Though Tampa will offer luxury.

He still would have to pay NYState income tax, whereas Florida has no state income tax. If we're talking about 10 million/yr, that's a lot of taxes - somewhere around $888,500 on $10,000,000 income.

bob86
12-30-2009, 11:22 AM
As much as would like the Cowher thing to happen, I don't think it will.

A friend in NC who is close to someone in the organization tells me that there is a lot of conflicting stuff going on with the Panthers and it is no means certain Fox stays there as coach. The Panthers don't want to fire him, but they won't give an extension. There is also a strong push to blow-up the team as it currently stands which Fox does not want to do while working on a one contract. Fox would like to stay in NC but he wants a long-term commitment and he does not like the shadow of Cowher hanging over his head. The locals feel it is more likely than not that Fox and the Panthers workout a settlement and Fox leaves to coach somewhere else.

Like I said, I think Cowher would be great for the Bills, but the Panthers thing must be closely watched.

doormatt
12-30-2009, 11:28 AM

I'm not so sure Morris is seen as just a placeholder. Before he was promoted to head coach, he was viewed as one of the up and coming young talents in the league. After his promotion, I remember hearing that there were several other teams that thought highly of him and the Bucs wanted to lock him up.

In their haste to secure him, the Bucs handed the reigns over to someone who isn't quite ready. He had been a DB coach and had just been promoted to DC. Within a week or so of that, he was given the head coaching position. However, given the recent improved play of the team, the Glazers may let him grow into the position.

Many of the fans down here are excited about getting a proven coach like Cowher. However, the players are fighting for Morris and a good showing against Atlanta would help his cause.

But , the decision ultimately rests with the Glazers and who knows what goes on in their minds. Many of the fans here are fickle, and even longtime season ticket holders are not renewing. The Glazers may need to choose between filling seats and continued patience with a young coach.

HHURRICANE
12-30-2009, 11:41 AM
What coach wants to come to a place where the ownership of the team is uncertain.

Cowher will not end up in Buffalo.

Michael82
12-30-2009, 11:54 AM
What coach wants to come to a place where the ownership of the team is uncertain.

Cowher will not end up in Buffalo.

apparently you didn't listen to the rest of Sal's scoop yesterday. :rolleyes:

Night Train
12-30-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm just guessing here.

If he's making 10 Mil plus and has a minor % of the team that taxes are the farthest thing from his mind. :rolleyes:

TheBrownBear
12-30-2009, 12:49 PM

A friend in NC who is close to someone in the organization tells me that there is a lot of conflicting stuff going on with the Panthers and it is no means certain Fox stays there as coach. The Panthers don't want to fire him, but they won't give an extension. There is also a strong push to blow-up the team as it currently stands which Fox does not want to do while working on a one contract. Fox would like to stay in NC but he wants a long-term commitment and he does not like the shadow of Cowher hanging over his head. The locals feel it is more likely than not that Fox and the Panthers workout a settlement and Fox leaves to coach somewhere else.

Like I said, I think Cowher would be great for the Bills, but the Panthers thing must be closely watched.

Well, since Cowher wouldn't come here either way, I hope your scenario plays out. Then we'd at least have a decent shot at John Fox.

Coach Sal
12-30-2009, 12:58 PM

I think all this is a very plausible scenario.

As much as Buffalo "is an option," so is Carolina, absolutely, if Fox is not there.

And I said the same thin myself. They want to fire him (Fox) without firing him.

DMBcrew36
12-30-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm just guessing here.

If he's making 10 Mil plus and has a minor % of the team that taxes are the farthest thing from his mind. :rolleyes:

He'd pay over $888,600 in state tax here per year (based on $10,000,000/yr salary). Over 4 years...

$3,554,400... which doesn't even factor in opportunity costs and time value of money.

It's a wonder why no companies want to incorporate or set-up here, thus leaving us with no jobs and thereby a declining population. It's probably the biggest reason we're dying in Buffalo.

Demon
12-30-2009, 12:59 PM
I could be biased but buffalo should be a better option than Tampa. Who wouldn't love to face BB , Parcells and Ryan. If that doesn't keep your juices flowing I don't know what. Then again, the NFC sucks and the road to the sb would be easier.

Because the likelihood is we are never going to be better then those teams except once in a great while. NJ Jets are set to open a massive new stadium and will have crazy profits flowing in. We all know about the Patriots. And Miami has spend more $$$ the last 2 years on free agents then any team in the league. And then theres Buffalo who in the last decade could only attract 2 big FA... Spikes and Owens. Where we going?

Those 3 teams have the advantage of pretty much unlimited payrolls. Buffalo, not so much.

jimbohastle51
12-30-2009, 01:05 PM
if you look at the 2 teams we have FAR more talent than them now. freeman really hasnt showed much and cadallac and ward do not hold a candle to marshawn and freddy. eventhough kellen winslow has made a couple pro bowls he has been seriously injured a few times and is high priced, and honestly with the upside i have seen from shawn nelson i would honestly say i would take the upside over the risk, and Oline may leave a little to be desired but we do have 3 promising guards and could easily draft a good tackle and sign another in free agency. our Dline is easly dominant compared to theres and ruud and pos are about the same numbers if pos didnt miss 4 games this year, and mitchell is far better than there 2 other OLBS. ronde barber is old and consistantly gets burnt and with our young stable of CB's (arguably the deepest in the league) we are better suited at the position. and HELLO we have a PRO BOWL BALLHAWKING safety that cant even compare to jackson. and whitner i would say is better than piscattelli. and you also have to look at the glasiers financial situation, they are in SERIOUS DEBT!!! they also own Man U and for years have been spending less on the Bucs to have more money for there soccer powerhouse. they are not going to all the sudden offer 10MM with a stake in ownership to cowher when they took a huge risk in morris and even let him draft his QB. PLUS with there financially situation and still cutting checks to gruden as long as he is in a monday night football both and not on the sidelines there is no way they pay gruden and cowher, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, and if morris wins sunday and goes out on a 3 games winning streak and one of the games was against arguably the best team in the league, there is no way he looses his job. they knew they were rebuilding when they hired him they didnt even spend any money in free agency and they have around 40 million to spend for crying out loud cause of the financial situation and wanting to completely go young. buffalo can have cowher if they are willing to pay around 11-12 mm and offer the ownership stake that was offered to shannahan. also remember guys, cowher is a pittsburgh native. he was born and raised in pittsburgh and has family there as well as alot of friends.

justasportsfan
12-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Because the likelihood is we are never going to be better then those teams except once in a great while. NJ Jets are set to open a massive new stadium and will have crazy profits flowing in. We all know about the Patriots. And Miami has spend more $$$ the last 2 years on free agents then any team in the league. And then theres Buffalo who in the last decade could only attract 2 big FA... Spikes and Owens. Where we going?

Those 3 teams have the advantage of pretty much unlimited payrolls. Buffalo, not so much.

Thats my point exactly. It would be a huge challenge for Cowher to come and play against those guys.

To say that the bills would win once in a great while, the same thing can be said about the Pats who were nobodies until this decade. We had the 90's , they had this decade. NE became a winning franchise only because of BB . Maybe Cowher can come in a make 2010 up ours again.

The bills may have brought in Spikes and TO but they also made guys like Dockery one of the highest paid player in the league. It's not they they are not willing to spend, it's just that they are spending it on the wrong people.

The bills have survived through this decade with a crappy team. We're still up there in attendance. If we start winning again whose to say we won't build a new stadium. The road to building a stadium is have the team winning again. It's a huge challenge. No doubt.

jimbohastle51
12-30-2009, 01:09 PM

if that is the case i can easily see fox coaching in buffalo. he was a finalist when they hired greg williams. i could easily see fox coming to buffalo and it wouldnt be a bad thing at all.

yordad
12-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Sal, the link to the vid on your site did not work for me.

It took me here...http://www.apple.com/startpage/

BILLSROCK1212
12-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Yep. NY has some of the highest taxes, and Erie County is the most heavily taxed within the state, just about.
actually Nassau County on Long Island is I believe

Coach Sal
12-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Sal, the link to the vid on your site did not work for me.

It took me here...http://www.apple.com/startpage/

Fixed.

Thanks!

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 01:44 PM
apparently you didn't listen to the rest of Sal's scoop yesterday. :rolleyes:

rumor.

SquishDaFish
12-30-2009, 01:57 PM
rumor.

Dude stop TROLLING and GROW UP!! Just because your jealous doesnt mean you have to bash him. Get over your damn self you TROLL!

Michael82
12-30-2009, 02:14 PM
rumor.

no. It's not a rumor. It's the truth from someone that Sal knows personally. So please shut the **** up! :mad:

tampabay25690
12-30-2009, 02:47 PM
1 good thing is TAMPA still owes $5 mill to Gruden for next year.
I think Raheem will stay as coach unless Cowher really wants to go to Tampa.
There was quite a bit of talk down hear on the radio this AM but who knows.
I think the Bills need to move fast or this may fall threw the cracks quick...

Michael82
12-30-2009, 02:54 PM
1 good thing is TAMPA still owes $5 mill to Gruden for next year.
I think Raheem will stay as coach unless Cowher really wants to go to Tampa.
There was quite a bit of talk down hear on the radio this AM but who knows.
I think the Bills need to move fast or this may fall threw the cracks quick...

That's the key! If we get Cowher in here and interview Perry Fewell immediately after the season next Monday....we can get everything together and have a much better chance of hiring Cowher if we get it done before the other teams have a chance to make their moves.

shelby
12-30-2009, 02:57 PM

i live there!
:dance3:

Sal, congrats on the exposure, good for you!

Demon
12-30-2009, 03:13 PM
no. It's not a rumor. It's the truth from someone that Sal knows personally. So please shut the **** up! :mad:

Truthfully speaking, it's still a rumor. The rumor is from Cowher's "people". Until we hear something from WILSON's people, directly or indirectly, then it's a rumor. I have been a bit negative on this issue as well but as Mike Florio said it's a rumor to keep in the back of your head because it's an interesting one. I hope it's true. I just think some people are blowing this rumor too much right now and are setting themselves up for a major disappointment. I don't doubt Sal but maybe i doubt his source as yanking his arm a bit. Cowher supposetly has talked to the Bills for 2 weeks and may have even spoken to the Bills yesterday.... i have a hard time believing that nobody else in the media, like John Murphy, Mike Catalana or any of these others guys who report on the Bills, not to mention national media people close to Cowher, yet Sal did. But who knows, it's a possibility and he has a good track record. But it's a rumor.

Same for the ownership. Sal reported a rumor about the ownership and nobody knows if its fact or not. Not even Sal. Heck, not even the source. Wilson can change his mind any day and thus, it's a rumor.

But based on the last decade of spending on free agents, spending on coaches, and selling out a home game to Toronto, what makes you think we have stable ownership and very "willing" to win?

Dr. Lecter
12-30-2009, 03:26 PM
That's the key! If we get Cowher in here and interview Perry Fewell immediately after the season next Monday....we can get everything together and have a much better chance of hiring Cowher if we get it done before the other teams have a chance to make their moves.

Not really.

I am sure Cowher knows the situation in Tampa and he will not jump on the first offer made to him.

Demon
12-30-2009, 03:29 PM
I just have a really bad feeling that Carolina will keep Fox, and it's between Tampa and..... well.... Buffalo for Cowher. Why Buffalo? Because we're desperate and can drive up Cowher's price. He could be using us for leverage. That's my theory.