X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Adam Schefter: "Buffalo an option" for Cowher

Asked if Mike Shanahan and Bill Cowher will be coaching next season, Schefter said, "Mike Shanahan is, and Bill Cowher wants to," noting that Cowher's options are more limited, with Tampa Bay the leading candidate and Buffalo an option.
    New England’s most entertaining and informative coverage of the Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics & Bruins. Stream, read and download WEEI 93.7 FM from any device on Audacy

Both of those parts bolded are exactly what I reported. I hope this comes true as much as any of you do.
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Adam Schefter: "Buffalo an option" for Cowher

RALPH DON'T GET OUTBID BY TAMPA!!!! COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
      • Feb 2009

Awesome Sal, great work. You've caught the media's attention. I'm praying this is true and it is, the Bills will be sold out for the next 10 yrs. It will be the toughest ticket in town, I'm just glad we already got our seasons.

Comment

• baalworship
        • May 2003

The issue that can both be positive and negative for us is Tampa Bay's ownership fired Tony Dungy and John Gruden, two guys who had won. Raheem Morris has barely done anything and many fans there view him as a placeholder. So the negative against us is Tampa Bay will not hesitate in firing Morris and replacing him.

The positive part is if I was Brandon I would work that angle hard to put doubt in Cowher's mind. Would you want to work for an organization that fired Tony Dungy and John Gruden?! Remember, Cowher always had the benefit of patience in Pittsburgh.
        Last edited by baalworship; 12-30-2009, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

Assuming this is all a real possibility....

How is Tampa Bay a better situation than Buffalo? If someone can please explain that, I'm definitely listening.

D & S Sports

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

It's closer to Carolina and doesnt have **** weather for 10 months of the year?
            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• mayotm
              • Jul 2003

As far as a football situation, there probably isn't much difference. However, most people would rather live in Tampa versus Buffalo. No disrespect to Buffalonians intended.

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

He coached in Pittsburgh for a very long time. I highly doubt the warm weather in Tampa is a deciding factor.

D & S Sports

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

if i was making $10MM a year, i wouldn't mind living in a mansion for like $1MM 15 minutes from the stadium and living with a cheaper cost of living than pretty much everywhere else in the country.

I also wouldn't mind getting a small piece of ownership.

I also wouldn't mind that i'd be gettinga top 10 pick, with very little that needse to be kept from the previous team. It's a blank slate. and with a ravaged team, you know the expectations for 2010 is very low.

even with cowher, if the bills went 4-12 next year, but actually won the four games by outplaying the other team, lost a couple heartbreakers by being a young team and showed that the OL is pretty solid, running is good, and there is a viable QB for 2011, i'd find that to be a whole lot better than what just happened this year.

Comment

• Coach Sal
                    • Aug 2006

Tampa has maybe the best facilities in the NFL and there's no state income tax in Florida. That part is always big.
                    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
                    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• mayotm
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by RockStar36
                      He coached in Pittsburgh for a very long time. I highly doubt the warm weather in Tampa is a deciding factor.
                      Didn't say it was the deciding factor. However, all things being equal, most would choose to live in Tampa. The Bills need to have a signficantly better offer on the table to land Cowher. Lets hope they do.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

what is morris's contract? how many years and for how much. ownership has to take that into account on a cash basis, no?

that means the bills should have more to offer.

And that means state tax or no state tax, cowher takes home more, plus puts an asset on his balance sheet that says, "minority owner - Buffalo Bills"

All i ask is for Cowher to come to Buffalo and let the city show him why he should stay. no one ever knocks the people of buffalo, famous or not. Southern hospitality my ass. Western New York is where the love is.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                          Assuming this is all a real possibility....

How is Tampa Bay a better situation than Buffalo? If someone can please explain that, I'm definitely listening.
                          Taxes.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

I think it would be stupid to get rid of Raheem Morris at this point especially after they just knocked off the Saints and will probably beat the Falcons.

Comment

• baalworship
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus
                              if i was making $10MM a year, i wouldn't mind living in a mansion for like $1MM 15 minutes from the stadium and living with a cheaper cost of living than pretty much everywhere else in the country.

I also wouldn't mind getting a small piece of ownership.

I also wouldn't mind that i'd be gettinga top 10 pick, with very little that needse to be kept from the previous team. It's a blank slate. and with a ravaged team, you know the expectations for 2010 is very low.

even with cowher, if the bills went 4-12 next year, but actually won the four games by outplaying the other team, lost a couple heartbreakers by being a young team and showed that the OL is pretty solid, running is good, and there is a viable QB for 2011, i'd find that to be a whole lot better than what just happened this year.

The cost of living thing does not work in Buffalo's favor. When you add in the insane heating bills and higher taxes I bet Tampa is a better deal.

I personally would never want to live in Florida but I am the exception not the rule.

Comment

Working...
                              X