PDA

View Full Version : I got Sal's info on ProFootballTalk!!

T-Long
12-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Check it out!!!

LINK (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/30/rumors-resurface-linking-cowher-to-the-bills/)

ddaryl
12-30-2009, 09:52 AM
now lets read some of those comments after that report....

not much love for Buffalo

JaggedMark (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/) says: <small>December 30, 2009 8:11 AM (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/30/rumors-resurface-linking-cowher-to-the-bills/#comment-878406)</small>
Cowher will coach the Bills, just as soon as Jimmy Johnson comes out of retirement to coach the Raiders.

Joe in Toronto, Canada (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/) says: <small>December 30, 2009 8:24 AM (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/30/rumors-resurface-linking-cowher-to-the-bills/#comment-878433) </small>
Come to think of it, he's probably thinking about Buffalo BECAUSE "the owner is 91 and his family plans to sell the franchise after he passes."
Once that happens, he'll be THE man here in Toronto, and the franchise will have loads of money to spend wherever it's needed.
Bill Cowher, HC of the Toronto Bills.
I like it.

cleggly (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/) says: <small>December 30, 2009 8:33 AM (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/30/rumors-resurface-linking-cowher-to-the-bills/#comment-878442) </small>
Tampa or Buffalo? Tampa is and always will be a football town. Hosting 4 Super Bowls and winning one, any comparison to Buffalo is ridiculous. Buffalo is a "lost" city geographically. Toronto will always be looming nearby. Cowher would bring instant credibility and stability to a Bucs team that has survived it's transition year. There is much more to offer Cowher and his family, in regards to a warm weather climate. From stadium to training facility, Tampa wins hands down. Now, just pay the man.

I hope he comes here so I can here the collective whines of all the Buffalo haters out there in unison

patmoran2006
12-30-2009, 09:53 AM
Post Deleted for TOS Violation

** HATER ALERT **

T-Long
12-30-2009, 09:54 AM
Post Deleted for TOS Violation
Wanna be media types? I'm not a wannabe. I am a member of the media, as is Sal and Pat. Don't be jealous because nobody likes you and you are nothing in the sports world. It's ok, we can pass you the tissues.

I have worked for the Pittsburgh Pirates, San Francisco 49ers, Sirius NFL Radio, Yahoo! Sports, ESPN Radio 1250 in Pittsburgh, KNBR in San Francisco, and covered the 2008 NFL Draft, and am currently a writer for NFL.com

So if that's not a member of the media, then congratulations. You win.

hydro
12-30-2009, 09:58 AM
The Tool is Loose.

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 09:58 AM
ok, homo's can click "negative rep", but we have never even heard the word "Buffalo" come out of Cowhers mouth and we have never heard the word "Cowher" come out of the mouth of ANYBODY that works for the Bills!

Until then, its nothing but RUMOR MONGORING. there is no "Info". There is merely speculation.

You can all speculate all you want, but I don't think all you wannabe media guys (none of whom work for an actual media outlet. just your own 25 hit a day web sites) should be patting yourself on the back over stories citing unnamed sources on unconfirmed and unsubstantiated rumors!

My unnamed source says that we are talking to Gnut Gingrich to coach. My story literally has as much credence as yours.

Supposedly Sal "broke" the TO story. So I'm not flaming him. But all of you who are like celebrating and making signature photo's of Cowher, your dillusional.

When we're watching a coach Not named Cowher giving his I'm the coach now presser, are you all gonna admit that your 99.9% full of crap?

Especially you, Pat. Have you ever "broke" any story that came true? All I remember you reporting is we were signing Coles and JP was signing with the Colts. Both of which are dead wrong.

You guys hear a whisper at a HS football game and it's posted here in seconds. You'll post anything to promote your web site, even though 90% of it us pure BS!!!!!!!!!!

hydro
12-30-2009, 10:01 AM
ok, homo's can click "negative rep", but we have never even heard the word "Buffalo" come out of Cowhers mouth and we have never heard the word "Cowher" come out of the mouth of ANYBODY that works for the Bills!

Until then, its nothing but RUMOR MONGORING. there is no "Info". There is merely speculation.

You can all speculate all you want, but I don't think all you wannabe media guys (none of whom work for an actual media outlet. just your own 25 hit a day web sites) should be patting yourself on the back over stories citing unnamed sources on unconfirmed and unsubstantiated rumors!

My unnamed source says that we are talking to Gnut Gingrich to coach. My story literally has as much credence as yours.

Supposedly Pat "broke" the TO story. So I'm not flaming him. But all of you who are like celebrating and making signature photo's of Cowher, your dillusional.

When we're watching a coach Not named Cowher giving his I'm the coach now presser, are you all gonna admit that your 99.9% full of crap?

Especially you, Pat. Have you ever "broke" any story that came true? All I remember you reporting is we were signing Coles and JP was signing with the Colts. Both of which are dead wrong.

You guys hear a whisper at a HS football game and it's posted here in seconds. You'll post anything to promote your web site, even though 90% of it us pure BS!!!!!!!!!!

You are totally clueless! He didn't say Cowher was coming here! Why do people take things out of context. HE SAID THAT THEY ARE TALKING TO COWHER! That is it, stop adding your own ideals to the facts. There is no rumors here. They have contacts and you don't. So stop trying to be the moderator of what information is viable and go back to your mundane 9-5 job.

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Wanna be media types? I'm not a wannabe. I am a member of the media, as is Sal and Pat. Don't be jealous because nobody likes you and you are nothing in the sports world. It's ok, we can pass you the tissues.

I have worked for the Pittsburgh Pirates, San Francisco 49ers, Sirius NFL Radio, Yahoo! Sports, ESPN Radio 1250 in Pittsburgh, KNBR in San Francisco, and covered the 2008 NFL Draft, and am currently a writer for NFL.com

So if that's not a member of the media, then congratulations. You win.

Ugh, never heard of you. Therefore I don't care.

If you think I care what anybody around here thinks of me, your wrong. If I cared, would I be calling all of you rumor-mongor's out? No, I'd be kissing your ass like all of the other people here.

I'm sorry, but not naming a source, and not giving any real info, is not reporting.

Of course Buffalo is an option. Its an NFL team with no coach. Thanks for that indepth analysis.

patmoran2006
12-30-2009, 10:05 AM

Supposedly Sal "broke" the TO story. So I'm not flaming him. But all of you who are like celebrating and making signature photo's of Cowher, your dillusional.

"Juice"

1. Why would Cowher talk about Buffalo, or any other team and take away any leverage? Have you even heard Shanahan mention the Redskins? and everybody knows he's going there

"Cmonnnnnnnnn Man"

2. Find me a writer in the media, national level even that DOESNT promote the **** out of their self and I'll throw ya a dollar. Its a competition, EVERYBODY does it.

3. As far as your pot shots from me. Ummm I"ll play

A. I was the first person to report to the Bills were set to target Geoff Hangarter this year, when most people. including myself hadnt even barely heard of the guy.

I’ve just heard/learned that there is a player, an offensive linemen that the Bills are set to target shortly after free agent starts. His name is Geoff Hangartner, and he was a backup OC/G for the Panthers who started half the season last year.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
If I said I knew anything about the guy, I’d be a big fat liar. All I know for certain is I’ve been told that he has a target on him from the Bills front office and he may be one of it not the very first guy brought in for a visit.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Obviously, nobody from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> could confirm this as it could called “tampering”.<o:p></o:p>

Link: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=170686&highlight=Hangartner

B. I also was the first to report that the Bills were considering Derrick Dockery last year, which was before anyone else, and Dockery was gone about 6 hours later.

I have reason to believe the BIlls are very close to releasing a high priced veteran tomorrow before free agency. And it may be that his name would rhyme with "Mockery"

Link: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=170647

So if I can be unprofessional for a moment...
CHILD PLEASE!

justasportsfan

Rumor or not , it's better than the crappy threads that you start. All you do is ***** and call names with those who don't agree with you .

Chill, it's a message board.

The Juice Is Loose
You are totally clueless! He didn't say Cowher was coming here! Why do people take things out of context. HE SAID THAT THEY ARE TALKING TO COWHER! That is it, stop adding your own ideals to the facts. There is no rumors here. They have contacts and you don't. So stop trying to be the moderator of what information is viable and go back to your mundane 9-5 job.

I didn't take it out of context. I'm keeping it in context and aparently I'm the only one. Why start the 50th thread over a rumor because you sent an email to Mike Florio. Wow. You got a "story" posted on PFT. Whoopty doo.

Until Adam Schefter or someone legitmate that actually has their name on a reputable site, NOT A BLOG, says we're talking to Cowher, I don't even believe it.

Are we talking to Cowher right after JP signs in Indy or Coles signs in Buffalo? Or after Peters turned down that amazing contract we offered him? Which I also bet was BS.

I'm just saying, its not reporting, its rumor mongoring. And until the story is proven true, I don't think anybody should be patting themselves on the back.

As far as any attention you have gotten on your sites, your merely taking advantage of a fan base that will grasp to any straw they can to believe their team is going to turn it around.

Just too bad we have 50 years of history to prove that the right move probably won't be made.

T-Long

If you think I care what anybody around here thinks of me, your wrong. If I cared, would I be calling all of you rumor-mongor's out? No, I'd be kissing your ass like all of the other people here.

I'm sorry, but not naming a source, and not giving any real info, is not reporting.

Of course Buffalo is an option. Its an NFL team with no coach. Thanks for that indepth analysis.

Never heard of you either, so yeah, I don't care about you either.

Name one person around the league that NAMES A SOURCE. Are you that delusional? Go ahead and look at the big boys and see if they ever revealed a source. Take your head out of your ass and see how the media works. If people revealed sources, there wouldn't be any left to leak info.

Buffalo was an option to any head coaches out there. They have received two direct "No's" from Gruden and Shanahan. Holmgren said no because he wanted a front office position. The reason Cowher is still in play is because he hasn't said no. And according to Sal, he seems very interested in the job.

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 10:06 AM
Rumor or not , it's better than the crappy threads that you start. All you do is ***** and call names with those who don't agree with you .

Chill, it's a message board.

actually, i talk about football, they call me names. i don't see what everybody's beef with me is. i keep it real, tell the truth.

at least i'm not here making **** up to promote myself.

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 10:07 AM
Never heard of you either, so yeah, I don't care about you either.

Name one person around the league that NAMES A SOURCE. Are you that delusional? Go ahead and look at the big boys and see if they ever revealed a source. Take your head out of your ass and see how the media works. If people revealed sources, there wouldn't be any left to leak info.

Buffalo was an option to any head coaches out there. They have received two direct "No's" from Gruden and Shanahan. Holmgren said no because he wanted a front office position. The reason Cowher is still in play is because he hasn't said no. And according to Sal, he seems very interested in the job.

until the "big boys" report it, it ain't true.

i bet a million bucks this goes in the coles, jp file of total BS posts on BZ.

Dr. Lecter
12-30-2009, 10:08 AM

I tell you what - when you report on Lee Evans contract extension or TO maybe coming to Buffalo (and him signing 12 hours later) than you can talk trash.

Until then, do us all a favor and grow up.

Cowher might not come here - in fact he probably won't - but this is not empty, baseless speculation.

RockStar36
12-30-2009, 10:08 AM
actually, i talk about football, they call me names. i don't see what everybody's beef with me is. i keep it real, tell the truth.

Consider this your one and only warning to settle it down.

It's one thing to have an opinion, but your full out attacks won't be tolerated.

The King
12-30-2009, 10:11 AM
Simmer down Juice. You act like this effects you personally one way or another. Explain to me how its a bad thing that a guys who busts his ass trying to make a dent in the industry gets his name in print?

This a great opportunity for Sal and Pat's website... I dont see any reason to throw the hate around.

justasportsfan
12-30-2009, 10:12 AM

what is it about being a message board that you don't understand? Rumors, opinions , discussions are all part of it.

And yes you do try to promote yourself everytime you say "i told you so" especially after making a 180.

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 10:13 AM
Simmer down Juice. You act like this effects you personally one way or another. Explain to me how its a bad thing that a guys who busts his ass trying to make a dent in the industry gets his name in print?

This a great opportunity for Sal and Pat's website... I dont see any reason to throw the hate around.

I'm not mad, I'm bored. And I don't think that this is a report. This is speculation.

A "media" guy doing a show with a "web cam" in his own house, and who was openly asking ESPN to contact him for a job (which means he doesn't have a real one) speculated that someone he knew, knew someone else, who knew someone else who says Cowher talked to the BIlls!

OMG what a huge story! Let's make 500000 threads about it and pat ourselves on the back for emailing PFT! LOL

RockStar36
12-30-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm not mad, I'm bored. And I don't think that this is a report. This is speculation.

A "media" guy doing a show with a "web cam" in his own house, and who was openly asking ESPN to contact him for a job (which means he doesn't have a real one) speculated that someone he knew, knew someone else, who knew someone else who says Cowher talked to the BIlls!

OMG what a huge story! Let's make 500000 threads about it and pat ourselves on the back for emailing PFT! LOL

I'm assuming you would've said the same thing when news broke about TO actually coming to Buffalo?

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 10:16 AM
my opinion is that the 3 media guys here will post 1000 things a week, any little whisper of a rumor. they have no filtration, they don't decide to not report things.

they are wrong on an extremely regular basis.

do i hope cowher hype is real? i guess. i don't personally like cowher that much, he lost his edge and quit his last job. they blew his last year. and i don't see any pro bowl QB's on our roster that are 6'6" and make plays like Big Ben. And Cowher didn't win squat before that.

My main point is that this isn't INFORMATION it's SPECULATION. and until this becomes TRUE, I think we can throw it in with Laverneus Coles.

justasportsfan
12-30-2009, 10:16 AM
Let's make 500000 threads about it and pat ourselves on the back
you shouldn't talk.

RockStar36
12-30-2009, 10:18 AM
my opinion is that the 3 media guys here will post 1000 things a week, any little whisper of a rumor. they have no filtration, they don't decide to not report things.

do i hope cowher hype is real? i guess. i don't personally like cowher that much, he lost his edge and quit his last job. they blew his last year. and i don't see any pro bowl QB's on our roster that are 6'6" and make plays like Big Ben. And Cowher didn't win squat before that.

My main point is that this isn't INFORMATION it's SPECULATION. and until this becomes TRUE, I think we can throw it in with Laverneus Coles.

Sal is the one who reported this. How is he wrong on an extremely regular basis?

We'll discuss that first before diving into your Cowher opinions, which are dead wrong by the way.

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Here's whats going to happen. John Fox is going to demand an extension. He won't want to be a "lame duck" coach. Carolina is doing this on purpose so he quits rather than having to fire him.

Fox quits. Cowher goes to Carolina.

Even if Fox doesn't quit, Cowher will go to Tampa. He won't come here.

I seriously doubt that anything has happened between Cowher and Buffalo. If it had, I think the Bills would have reported it themselves EXACTLY as they did with Shanahan.

Why hide it? They are trying to show us all that they are going after big names. Why keep this secret, yet report Shanahan up and down?

Its BS. That's all there is to it.

patmoran2006
12-30-2009, 10:20 AM
the National Footballl Post reported on this, and this is the National Football Post, not a little blog. They aren't going to throw something from someone's little "blog" on their front page without checking out a few things of their own first.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Cowher-has-an-interest-in-Bills-job.html

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 10:21 AM
Also, we've been the laughing stock of the league for 10 years. Its been reported for 6 years that Ralph's family can't inherit the team.

Now after Sal does a report on a web cam we're one of the most stable franchises in the league? C'mon.

The only thing stable about us is you can count on us drafting someone crappy in the Top 15 of the draft.

Dr. Lecter
12-30-2009, 10:22 AM
Here's whats going to happen. John Fox is going to demand an extension. He won't want to be a "lame duck" coach. Carolina is doing this on purpose so he quits rather than having to fire him.

I seriously doubt that anything has happened between Cowher and Buffalo. If it had, I think the Bills would have reported it themselves EXACTLY as they did with Shanahan.

Why hide it? They are trying to show us all that they are going after big names. Why keep this secret, yet report Shanahan up and down?

No.It happened.

You might not like it, but you are wrong. Sal has a track record of not being wrong. And I trust him if he says his sources are accurate.

The Bills did not report Shanahan. That got out on accident.

But I do think you are accurate on what Carolina is doing to Fox.

The Juice Is Loose
not only that but this is probably a PR move by cowher to drum up more interest. just like shanahan.

Dr. Lecter
Also, we've been the laughing stock of the league for 10 years. Its been reported for 6 years that Ralph's family can't inherit the team.

Now after Sal does a report on a web cam we're one of the most stable franchises in the league? C'mon.

The only thing stable about us is you can count on us drafting someone crappy in the Top 15 of the draft.

His daughter can't inherit the team w/o estate taxes. His wife can. She has always been able to.

justasportsfan
12-30-2009, 10:25 AM

I guess we should pack it in then. You have all the answers already right? You're 100% on this right?

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 10:27 AM
His daughter can't inherit the team w/o estate taxes. His wife can. She has always been able to.

well where were our inside sleuths on this then for the last 5 years while we've all been wondering where our team is headed?

i'll bet any compensation that is possible on the internet that cowher never comes here. not even for an interview.

if these guys are real sleuths and not just rumor mongors they'll be at OBD with a camera to get a shot of a coach walking in.

nerds emailing eachother rumors all day long isn't news reporting.

justasportsfan
12-30-2009, 10:28 AM

This is what I mean. You have issues. Seek professional help.

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 10:29 AM
I guess we should pack it in then. You have all the answers already right? You're 100% on this right?

dude. what is the big deal? i just think that 1 little rumor is being blown way out of proportion and the only people doing it are t long, sal and pat.

post your story and move on. we don't need an extra link to the same paragraph because its posted on PFT. also, anybody who goes here goes to PFT as well, so they probably already sent the message, and already saw the post on PFT.

i am not bothered by any of it from a football standpoint. i don't personally want cowher, but i wouldn't be mad if he came.

i watched sal's thing last night. he's the one of the 3 that i'll believe.

it was a good thing. but i just don't consider this INFO. info is based on fact not rumor.

hydro
12-30-2009, 10:30 AM
well where were our inside sleuths on this then for the last 5 years while we've all been wondering where our team is headed?

i'll bet any compensation that is possible on the internet that cowher never comes here. not even for an interview.

if these guys are real sleuths and not just rumor mongors they'll be at OBD with a camera to get a shot of a coach walking in.

And if Cowher does meet with the Bills? Then what? You go and be bored somewhere else?

Dr. Lecter
12-30-2009, 10:30 AM

That has been reported all along. Try to keep up.

And don't insult nerds. We get pissed off.

justasportsfan
12-30-2009, 10:32 AM
dude. what is the big deal? i just think that 1 little rumor is being blown way out of proportion and the only people doing it are t long, sal and pat..
Shefter reported the same thing that Sal reported. Shefter must be a nerd then.

post your story and move on. we don't need an extra link to the same paragraph because its posted on PFT. also, anybody who goes here goes to PFT as well, so they probably already sent the message, and already saw the post on PFT..
So we can read your threads? NO thanks.

i am not bothered by any of it from a football standpoint. i don't personally want cowher, but i wouldn't be mad if he came.

it was a good thing. but i just don't consider this INFO. info is based on fact not rumor.
It's a huge story for us bills fans who haven't had a decent HC in a decade.

AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE THREADS THERE ARE OTHER MESSAGE BOARDS THAT YOU CAN GO TO.

T-Long
12-30-2009, 10:33 AM
dude. what is the big deal? i just think that 1 little rumor is being blown way out of proportion and the only people doing it are t long, sal and pat.

post your story and move on. we don't need an extra link to the same paragraph because its posted on PFT. also, anybody who goes here goes to PFT as well, so they probably already sent the message, and already saw the post on PFT.

Last time I checked, rumors happen all the time. This isn't a rumor. This was TOLD to Sal from a reliable source that Sal backs 100%. A rumor is that you live in your mother's basement. There's a difference.

ProFootballTalk is linked with NBC and is one of the most popular, if not the most popular, NFL website. You just said yourself that everybody goes on that site, so for Mike (who is a friend of mine) posts it on his main page for the nation to see, that's not a big deal? Seriously, what world are you living in man?

I'm not a media guy who breaks stories, I cover them. So, don't include me with Sal and Pat on that aspect. I'm a producer/writer who has worked in media his whole life.

Billz_fan
12-30-2009, 10:34 AM
Cool thread, solid entertainment

:popcorn:

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Last time I checked, rumors happen all the time. This isn't a rumor. This was TOLD to Sal from a reliable source that Sal backs 100%. A rumor is that you live in your mother's basement. There's a difference.

ProFootballTalk is linked with NBC and is one of the most popular, if not the most popular, NFL website. You just said yourself that everybody goes on that site, so for Mike (who is a friend of mine) posts it on his main page for the nation to see, that's not a big deal? Seriously, what world are you living in man?

I'm not a media guy who breaks stories, I cover them. So, don't include me with Sal and Pat on that aspect. I'm a producer/writer who has worked in media his whole life.

Good for you. I read PFT every day. I know when Florio posts something that is substantiated and when he posts something that is pure speculation. This is pure speculation.

And since you have such a great job maybe you should go do that instead of posting on the message boards?

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Mike Florio:

"It's surprising on the surface, but on reflection it makes sense. To maximize his leverage (if, for example, he wants his $10 million or more salary to be paid in 2011 even if there's no football that year), Cowher needs more than one suitor. For now, the Bucs are the only ones who apparently are willing to turn over the keys to Cowher, and to pay him the kind of money he'll want."

Florio knows he's using us as leverage. Why don't all of you?

RockStar36
12-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Sal is the one who reported this. How is he wrong on an extremely regular basis?

I'm still waiting on an answer to my question.

patmoran2006
12-30-2009, 10:40 AM

I'm the only one who posts 1,000 things per week ;)

Usually Sal just promotes his show once or twice per week.

hydro
12-30-2009, 10:40 AM
http://beyondstrong.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8353597d769e2010536eb4feb970b-pi

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm still waiting on an answer to my question.

I'm grouping them together. I even said I liked Sals show. He said they talked and that was it. He isn't posting 40 threads about Cowher and pasting Bills hats on his head.

He's not here all day just spewing rumors around over and over. He said the one thing, thats cool with me.

My only real issue is that everybody is making such a big deal out of a rumor. Its not going to happen, and its just annoying to come to a message board that has turned into fantasy land.

"Look, my story that isn't going to come true is on PFT!"

trapezeus
12-30-2009, 10:42 AM
i like that you assume that the people in the "legitimate" media are guys who were just born there. They earned their way up and self promoted themselves and worked hard to get the contacts that they have. There is no need to take shots at Sal, Pat and T-long.

If your stance is that nothing has happened, that's fine. that's true. whether you hear this from NBC sports or you hear it from Sal, you'll be upset because nothing happened. but the truth is that a meeting has taken place. Sal hardly gossips. he keeps it about football and he gets it right more often than not.

You can elect to make conclusions that this means the bills definitely sign cowher or definitely are getting used.

It was promising information. I wish he had a timeline on when a decision could be made.

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 10:42 AM
We're more likely to hire Vince Lombardi than Bill Cowher.

RockStar36
12-30-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm grouping them together. I even said I liked Sals show. He said they talked and that was it. He isn't posting 40 threads about Cowher and pasting Bills hats on his head.

He's not here all day just spewing rumors around over and over. He said the one thing, thats cool with me.

My only real issue is that everybody is making such a big deal out of a rumor. Its not going to happen, and its just annoying to come to a message board that has turned into fantasy land.

"Look, my story that isn't going to come true is on PFT!"

Ok. Gotcha.

By the way, it's Sal's rumor that is being posted on all these websites. Pat and T-Long simply wrote an article summarizing Sal's comments.

justasportsfan
12-30-2009, 10:45 AM

I guess we should pack it in then. You have all the answers already right? You're 100% on this right?.

I'm also waiting for your answer to this. BTW, who are your sources? If this isn't rumor then I guess it's fact right?

Billz_fan
12-30-2009, 10:45 AM
We're more likely to hire Vince Lombardi than Bill Cowher.

Sadly Ralph probably thinks Vince is still alive :D

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 10:46 AM
i like that you assume that the people in the "legitimate" media are guys who were just born there. They earned their way up and self promoted themselves and worked hard to get the contacts that they have. There is no need to take shots at Sal, Pat and T-long.

If your stance is that nothing has happened, that's fine. that's true. whether you hear this from NBC sports or you hear it from Sal, you'll be upset because nothing happened. but the truth is that a meeting has taken place. Sal hardly gossips. he keeps it about football and he gets it right more often than not.

You can elect to make conclusions that this means the bills definitely sign cowher or definitely are getting used.

It was promising information. I wish he had a timeline on when a decision could be made.

I'll continue to explain my issue: I start 2 or 3 threads a day trying to stir up football talk and get ROASTED for it. There are currently 18 (EIGHTEEN) threads on the front page about Cowher. Over one rumor.

Even if Bill Cowher and Ralph Wilson were related I still don't expect him to sign here.

This is just like the Cutler talk in the off season. Which I'm sure if I go through, one of our "media insiders" probably posted some crap about Cutler getting traded here.

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 10:48 AM
I'm also waiting for your answer to this. BTW, who are your sources? If this isn't rumor then I guess it's fact right?

i don't disguise myself as a media guy. i'm just realistic and i understand trends in the NFL. adam shefter said yesterday on ESPN that he doesn't think Fox will want to coach as a lame duck and may bail.

Fox knows that he'd get a deal somewhere else past 1 year. Its common sense.

Dr. Lecter
12-30-2009, 10:49 AM
When I see a thread title I don't like, I just don't open it.

justasportsfan
12-30-2009, 10:51 AM
i don't disguise myself as a media guy. i'm just realistic and i understand trends in the NFL. adam shefter said yesterday on ESPN that he doesn't think Fox will want to coach as a lame duck and may bail.

Fox knows that he'd get a deal somewhere else past 1 year. Its common sense.
Shefter reported the same thing Sal did. :shakeno:

So there you go, you understand the trends so we shouldn't listen to anyone else but you then . So I take it, what you said is a 100%. Okay we'll have to wait and see.

T-Long
12-30-2009, 10:53 AM
"Don't feed the troll"

Boy, is this the definition or what?

Enjoy your hole under the bridge, us "wanna-be media types" have more work to do then to piss with you all day.

The Juice Is Loose
Shefter reported the same thing Sal did. :shakeno:

So there you go, you understand the trends so we shouldn't listen to anyone else but you then . So I take it, what you said is a 100%. Okay we'll have to wait and see.

no, the fact is, both PFT and shefter were careful to not really give this legs. they both clearly have very little if any expectation for cowher to sign here.

PFT cited he'd be using us as leverage. Schefter wouldn't say anything more than we are "an option". Which is obvious as any team with no coach would be an option.

tat2dmike77
Nice info and stuff but i have been here long enough to know that most of this stuff is rumor mill out of control.

I'm not bashing the guys who are posting this stuff but until i see Cowher at the Bills podium then i will believe. Till then it's nice warm fuzzy dream intended to keep me interested in the Bills. Though the Sabres have taken most of that attention away since halloween.

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 10:54 AM
"Don't feed the troll"

Boy, is this the definition or what?

Enjoy your hole under the bridge, us "wanna-be media types" have more work to do then to piss with you all day.

right, you need to get back to posting other people's story's all over the message board. get back to that important work! and by the way, i'm not guilty of anything other than not believing this BS story and not believing that some high end media executive would spend all day on a message board.

the story is BS and so are you. you can call me whatever you want, i don't care.

trapezeus
12-30-2009, 10:56 AM
i'm pretty sure the "media guys" here make it pretty clear when they are telling us something from a source and when they are posting as fans. the cutler talk never went from random fan opinions that we all had to "source: cutler discussion happening right now"

you seem to be mixing random fan discussion with reporter information.

and i love that Justa and I are on the same side of this arguement for a change. normally we butt heads over everything...hence the reason they create fan websites.

justasportsfan
12-30-2009, 10:56 AM
I'll continue to explain my issue: I start 2 or 3 threads a day trying to stir up football talk and get ROASTED for it. .

You're right. Let's talk about something we haven't talked about yet.
Let's talk about Brohm instead. Oh snap , someone kept making threads about him too.

Brohm to start
Started 12-22-2009 by The Juice Is Loose

The best part about Brohm
Started 12-24-2009 by The Juice Is Loose

My last Brohm thread
Started 12-25-2009 by The Juice Is Loose

Brian Brohm

DBrown77
12-30-2009, 10:59 AM

Ice, is that you?

The Juice Is Loose
You're right. Let's talk about something we haven't talked about yet.
Let's talk about Brohm instead. Oh snap , someone kept making threads about him too.

Brohm to start
Started 12-22-2009 by The Juice Is Loose

The best part about Brohm

My last Brohm thread
Started 12-25-2009 by The Juice Is Loose

Brian Brohm

uh, 1 a day and 2 on one day, and i was excited to see a new QB who I was a fan of college start for my team. i merely expressed my opinion that he could be a lot better than JP or Trent and posted college stats to state my argument.

I didn't go posting a new thread "Hey guys PFT is reporting the same thing! Omg!"

dude, what am i guilty of? other than just not agreeing with everybody over everything? honestly, i talk football. i just think that this particular mongoring job by t-(sch)long is silly given that A) he didn't report it B) its a ***** rumor C) he's obviously using us as leverage for carolina or tampa.

DraftBoy
T-Long, Coach Sal, and Pat are the three legitimate media types that we have here. They have media credentials and have attended a broad array of events both Bills related and things NFL, and NCAA related. To dare question them in my opinion at least speaks volumes about you and your lack of knowledge in regards to these three posters and their combined knowledge and sources.

Furthermore we have a few posters (Rockstar, and BMN) who also have a great blog that they publish with updates on all the sports world which I highly recommend you read. The BZ itself is famous for its original content, Trap is one of the funniest writers out there and the annual draft guide is downloaded thousands of times yearly because of its depth and information. We have rival fans that come here to read our stuff, so while we have a few real deal media types we also have countless others who publish, work on, and produce really good content. And yet others who have contacts who share information with us when they get it. If you don't like it, you can go take a flying leap for all I care. But don't sit there and be an internet ******* about it.

trapezeus
12-30-2009, 11:00 AM
good call. maybe it is ice. and he's bummed that the bills won't be moving to tulsa.

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 11:07 AM
Sal reported when TO signed. Great. He should have done the happy dance because he broke a story, and it came true.

T-Long is posting, and posting, and posting a story that has no legs. Nothing has happened. Until something is confirmed, its just a rumor.

And, IMO, t-long is like doing a touchdown dance about this story, but its not a story, its a rumor.

All I said was, why are doing touchdown dances when we're only the red zone?

The story coming true would be nice, but getting all pumped about something that isn't even official, what's the point? We'll figure out how Cowher will instill a 3-4 and then we'll hire Mark Trestman.

hydro
12-30-2009, 11:11 AM
Sal reported when TO signed. Great. He should have done the happy dance because he broke a story, and it came true.

T-Long is posting, and posting, and posting a story that has no legs. Nothing has happened. Until something is confirmed, its just a rumor.

And, IMO, t-long is like doing a touchdown dance about this story, but its not a story, its a rumor.

The story coming true would be nice, but getting all pumped about something that isn't even official, what's the point? We'll figure out how Cowher will instill a 3-4 and then we'll hire Mark Trestman.

Wouldn't you be happy if one of your idiotic posts got linked on PFT? Just like that people here are happy that something they are affiliated with makes it on to a website that even you admit to reading regularly.

RockStar36
12-30-2009, 11:12 AM

His "touchdown dance" might just be a little excitement because several major media outlets picked up their story.

If you ran a website and did any sort of writing, you would appreciate this.

When my article this past summer was picked up on Yahoo, you're damn right I celebrated it.

The King
12-30-2009, 11:13 AM
His "touchdown dance" might just be a little excitement because several major media outlets picked up their story.

If you ran a website and did any sort of writing, you would appreciate this.

When my article this past summer was picked up on Yahoo, you're damn right I celebrated it.link?

RockStar36
12-30-2009, 11:15 AM
link?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Puck-Headlines-Hawks-confirm-GM-flip-Lucic-han?urn=nhl,176475

• Please to be welcoming D&S Sports to the hockey blogosphere, with its rundown of the NHL free-agent frenzy. Good Buffalo Sabres (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/buf/)-centric stuff. [D&S (http://www.dandssports.com/2009/07/nhl-free-agency-reaction.html)]

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 11:15 AM
ok. yippidy doo. keep partying over a false hope.

i can't wait til cowher signs with tampa now.

DraftBoy
12-30-2009, 11:17 AM

So what if he does?

Nobody has said he is going to sign with Buffalo, just that there has been contact and Cowher has thus far been open to the contact.

Aliceinchainsbills15
12-30-2009, 11:21 AM

you're pathetic...just saying

trapezeus
12-30-2009, 11:21 AM

and that makes you a douchebag. just to be right as opposed to wanting something good for your team? that's lame.

for every complaint i have about almost every player on this roster, i wouldn't mind being proven wrong and seeing them be a bunch of winners.

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 11:22 AM
So what if he does?

Nobody has said he is going to sign with Buffalo, just that there has been contact and Cowher has thus far been open to the contact.

dude. then why even report it. that's not a story. gee, a team looking for a coach talked to a coach. holy f'n cow.

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 11:23 AM
you're pathetic...just sayingoooooooooohhhhhhhhh man my feelings are hurt.

i can't get through the day because aliceinchainsbills15 thinks i'm pathetic.

:smoke:

Dr. Lecter
12-30-2009, 11:25 AM
OK, let's all back off on the namecalling.......

Aliceinchainsbills15
12-30-2009, 11:26 AM
''You guys hear a whisper at a HS football game and it's posted here in seconds. You'll post anything to promote your web site, even though 90% of it us pure BS!!!!!!!!!!"-The Juice is Loose

Hey the Juice is Loose, if you do not like this website, i suggest u leave then. People on this board do not want to tollerate immature people like you.By the way, who the heck picks an arguement on the internet...seriously dude grow up.

justasportsfan
12-30-2009, 11:27 AM
Wouldn't you be happy if one of your idiotic posts got linked on PFT? Just like that people here are happy that something they are affiliated with makes it on to a website that even you admit to reading regularly.

It's called envy. Juice is jealous that someone else is getting attention

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 11:28 AM
''You guys hear a whisper at a HS football game and it's posted here in seconds. You'll post anything to promote your web site, even though 90% of it us pure BS!!!!!!!!!!"-The Juice is Loose

Hey the Juice is Loose, if you do not like this website, i suggest u leave then. People on this board do not want to tollerate immature people like you.By the way, who the heck picks an arguement on the internet...seriously dude grow up.

1. i can come here too. if you don't like my posts don't read them.

2. the more people give me crap the more i post. funny how it works that way.

3. apparently, you pick an argument on the internet. i've never spoken to you before, and your starting an argument with me. seriously dude, grow up.

Aliceinchainsbills15
12-30-2009, 11:28 AM
oooooooooohhhhhhhhh man my feelings are hurt.

i can't get through the day because aliceinchainsbills15 thinks i'm pathetic.

:smoke:
I'm sorry i do not pick an arguement on the internet. By the way, you just proved my point on why you are still pathetic in my opinion.

trapezeus
12-30-2009, 11:30 AM
it's news because there was no news on the topic leading most of us to believe that the bills were rudderless and without power.

I thought that cowher sounded pretty low on the bills during the highlights last weekend when he had to talk about the bills. he literally said, "talking about embarassing, the bills lost 31-3." He sounded completely unimpressed.

He could have easily said, the falcons beat the bills. but he made it a bills point. Perhaps he was disappointed with how much has to change.

justasportsfan
12-30-2009, 11:31 AM
just to be right as opposed to wanting something good for your team? that's lame.

He's not a bills fan .He quit being a bills fan remember?

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 11:32 AM
It's called envy. Juice is jealous that someone else is getting attention

uh, dude, first of all. i don't care about attention. i come to get bills news not to watch someone try to make a name for themselves by reporting false BS.

when this all turns out to be a crock of crap, some people are gonna say "hey there was a guy calling out this "insider" for being full of crap. then he was full of crap. now in the future, i know that guy is full of crap"

i don't care if you guys answer me. i don't care if you read my posts.

and i am certainly not jealous of a guy doing a "news show" in a "tiny room" on a "web cam".....hey sal, i don't think if you got hired by a real news network they'll let you wear your hat. ha ha. the dude is afraid to show his head. he steps off the mic to change hats. ha ha!

if i was jealous of any of you, don't you think i'd like, ya know, be nice to you and agree? no. i think that most of you are total lamerz, and i like to kill time by calling you all out on your bs.

go ahead and post my old threads. i don't care. post an emoticon of me being a troll. i don't care. internet terms have no effect on me because i live in real life.

i'm a bills fan, i come here for bills news. the shocking thing to me is that so many people i can't stand could like the same team as me.

Aliceinchainsbills15
12-30-2009, 11:34 AM
1. i can come here too. if you don't like my posts don't read them.

2. the more people give me crap the more i post. funny how it works that way.

3. apparently, you pick an argument on the internet. i've never spoken to you before, and your starting an argument with me. seriously dude, grow up.
Yeah you do have a point there. But when i mean an arguement on the internet, i mean insulting people because they have a different opinion or w/e. I'm not engaging with this arguement with you anymore. Grow up and you are still pathetic. Go ahead insult me i really don't care and you will further prove my point. Just saying...

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm sorry i do not pick an arguement on the internet. By the way, you just proved my point on why you are still pathetic in my opinion.

your pathetic. take that.

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 11:35 AM
Yeah you do have a point there. But when i mean an arguement on the internet, i mean insulting people because they have a different opinion or w/e. I'm not engaging with this arguement with you anymore. Grow up and you are still pathetic. Go ahead insult me i really don't care and you will further prove my point. Just saying...

LOL.

trapezeus
then stick to the front page. that has all the news you could want. and those articles don't talk back.

DraftBoy
dude. then why even report it. that's not a story. gee, a team looking for a coach talked to a coach. holy f'n cow.

Dude just stop, you're embarassing yourself now. Every news outlet reported whent he Bills contacted Shanny, or when the Redskins talked to him. Whether you like it or not, a team contacting a coach is a big deal. Im sorry you don't understand that.

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Dude just stop, you're embarassing yourself now. Every news outlet reported whent he Bills contacted Shanny, or when the Redskins talked to him. Whether you like it or not, a team contacting a coach is a big deal. Im sorry you don't understand that.

dude, the same week we "reached out" to shanahan, it was reported that we also "reached out" to cowher. then it was reported he said he wouldn't talk to a team with a coach.

we had perry fewell when the rumor started. he said he wouldn't talk to a team with a coach. we have a coach.

its BS. i don't care if you think i'm embarassing myself. when the people i know in real life read this ****, they'll be laughing theyre ass off, as YOU GUYS!

:op:

RockStar36
12-30-2009, 11:38 AM
your pathetic. take that.

you're

DraftBoy
12-30-2009, 11:42 AM
dude, the same week we "reached out" to shanahan, it was reported that we also "reached out" to cowher. then it was reported he said he wouldn't talk to a team with a coach.

we had perry fewell when the rumor started. he said he wouldn't talk to a team with a coach. we have a coach.

its BS. i don't care if you think i'm embarassing myself. when the people i know in real life read this ****, they'll be laughing theyre ass off, as YOU GUYS!

:op:

Oh dear lord, I give up. Your post speaks volumes.

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 11:43 AM

them being reporters is like you being a draft expert.

they're wrong, YOU'RE wrong.

your mock will be off by miles as well. we're a mediocre team. and even our wannabe draft experts and wannabe reporter suck.

T-Long
12-30-2009, 11:43 AM
That's why I quit a long time ago. It's really starting to make him look really _____________
(insert your word here)

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 11:44 AM
That's why I quit a long time ago. It's really starting to make him look really _____________
(insert your word here)

that was clever

DraftBoy
12-30-2009, 11:45 AM

your mock will be off by miles as well. we're a mediocre team. and even our wannabe draft experts and wannabe reporter suck.

Sweet I knew that was coming! I haven't been called a hack by about a million internet tough guys yet...

RockStar36
12-30-2009, 11:46 AM

It all makes sense now.

You know everything.

I am personally inviting you to write a mock draft for the entire public to read.

Up for the challenge?

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 11:47 AM
It all makes sense now.

You know everything.

I am personally inviting you to write a mock draft for the entire public to read.

Up for the challenge?

i will closer to the draft, and it'll be closer to right than draftgirls i guarantee that

RockStar36
12-30-2009, 11:50 AM
i will closer to the draft, and it'll be closer to right than draftgirls i guarantee that

Awesome. I look forward to posting it.

By the way, you're bashing DB's mock that took place a week ago. Wouldn't it be fair to do one NOW since he did to properly compare it?

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 11:51 AM

By the way, you're bashing DB's mock that took place a week ago. Wouldn't it be fair to do one NOW since he did to properly compare it?

no because it's 100% pointless to do a mock draft in december

DraftBoy
12-30-2009, 11:51 AM

You and me both. Then again Im a talentless hack and wrong, so my opinion means little.

DraftBoy
12-30-2009, 11:53 AM

100%?

I didnt know it was pointless to alert members who are not as big or into CFB as to certain prospects names that could be available later in Round 1 or who are moving up the draft boards. No that wouldn't make any sense, spreading knowledge is a very bad thing clearly!

You know because we dont have a history of trading up from later rounds back into Round 1 for another prospect...hey wait a second...

RockStar36

So isn't it 100% pointless to bash a mock done in December?

Dying_-2-_Live
The Juice has officially gone mad... just like OJ did ;)

trapezeus
The Juice seems like Macho Man Randy Savage. just running into the ring to create trouble.

This is easily the most entertaining thread of the day aside for the cowher talk. Although there isn't really anything to be said now. the story is out...let's see if it comes true.

justasportsfan
12-30-2009, 11:54 AM
translation: I need to copy or base my draft from other peoples drafts and there aren't enough drafts for me to copy.

DraftBoy
12-30-2009, 11:56 AM
The Juice seems like Macho Man Randy Savage. just running into the ring to create trouble.

This is easily the most entertaining thread of the day aside for the cowher talk. Although there isn't really anything to be said now. the story is out...let's see if it comes true.

Happens every couple of years, some poster comes along and challenges somebody who is posting good info. Its happened to me before, I think Ing took some of it at times, Pat has taken it, RS and BMN have caught it, Sal has, Mikey has, and T-Long...its sad but it happens. Im sure you've gotten some of it as well.

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 11:58 AM
You and me both. Then again Im a talentless hack and wrong, so my opinion means little.

i never said that.

you make disparaging comments about me first, every time we get into it.

my issue is that anybody could do what t-long or pat are doing. gee, this fan base really really wants their team to be good. gee, they need a new coach. i know! i'll make up some BS story about bill cowher being interested because making up a BS rumor, I don't have to do anything!

reporter. what is a reporter. its someone who gets to the bottom of things. as ron burgandy in the lost 2nd anchorman movie would say "blow the lid off of it!"

our reporters do nothing to get "to the bottom of it" oh i heard this from someone. wow, great story. the only purpose is to get your name flying around the internet.

now, if one of these so-called "reporters" went through hell or high water to talk to a member of the Bills organization or Bill Cowher and grilled them and got them to admit whether it was true or not, that's what you call reporting.

that's doing a job. i can scour the internet for days and post that someone is interested in this or that. a story isn't a story if, in the following days it can be proven to be nothing.

draftboy, i suppose you do research on rookies. thats awesome. chances are, your opinions are based on information that you get, through effort.

for a reporter to be a reporter they need to get to the bottom of it. you think walter ****ing cronkite would post that he had a friend tell him something???? no.

this is merely to acquire celebrity, or notoriety. there is no substance to the story. and guys like adam schefter who keep their sources quiet, HAVE REAL JOBs. yeah he got there a certain way, but i never heard of his ass before that! sorry, but buffalosportsdaily is 3 month old web site. i don't care about that. i can start a web site too, and if i kissed all of your asses and posted 100 links a day to it, i could also get attention on a web site.

reporting is getting the info, not creating it.

RockStar36
12-30-2009, 11:59 AM
i never said that.

you make disparaging comments about me first, every time we get into it.

my issue is that anybody could do what t-long or pat are doing. gee, this fan base really really wants their team to be good. gee, they need a new coach. i know! i'll make up some BS story about bill cowher being interested because making up a BS rumor, I don't have to do anything!

reporter. what is a reporter. its someone who gets to the bottom of things. as ron burgandy in the lost 2nd anchorman movie would say "blow the lid off of it!"

our reporters do nothing to get "to the bottom of it" oh i heard this from someone. wow, great story. the only purpose is to get your name flying around the internet.

now, if one of these so-called "reporters" went through hell or high water to talk to a member of the Bills organization or Bill Cowher and grilled them and got them to admit whether it was true or not, that's what you call reporting.

that's doing a job. i can scour the internet for days and post that someone is interested in this or that. a story isn't a story if, in the following days it can be proven to be nothing.

draftboy, i suppose you do research on rookies. thats awesome. chances are, your opinions are based on information that you get, through effort.

for a reporter to be a reporter they need to get to the bottom of it. you think walter ****ing cronkite would post that he had a friend tell him something???? no.

this is merely to acquire celebrity, or notoriety. there is no substance to the story. and guys like adam schefter who keep their sources quiet, HAVE REAL JOBs. yeah he got there a certain way, but i never heard of his ass before that! sorry, but buffalosportsdaily is 3 month old web site. i don't care about that. i can start a web site too, and if i kissed all of your asses and posted 100 links a day to it, i could also get attention on a web site.

reporting is getting the info, not creating it.

I stopped reading after the bolded paragraph.

THIS IS SAL'S STORY.

If you have an issue with T-Long or Pat, so be it. But they are reporting on what SAL said.

What is so hard to understand about that?

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 12:00 PM
translation: I need to copy or base my draft from other peoples drafts and there aren't enough drafts for me to copy.

why would i copy peoples mock drafts when almost every mock draft is off by a mile?

you gotta make reach picks because its going to happen in real life. i wouldn't copy anybodys. we don't even know the draft order yet, why would i do a mock draft.

and i wasnt roasting his current one, i was just effin with him. no mock draft right now would be good, as teams don't even know whats going to happen a week from now.

justasportsfan
12-30-2009, 12:02 PM
why would i copy peoples mock drafts when almost every mock draft is off by a mile?

you gotta make reach picks because its going to happen in real life. i wouldn't copy anybodys. we don't even know the draft order yet, why would i do a mock draft.

and i wasnt roasting his current one, i was just effin with him. no mock draft right now would be good, as teams don't even know whats going to happen a week from now.

google.com

search "2010 NFL mockdrafts"

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 12:03 PM
I stopped reading after the bolded paragraph.

THIS IS SAL'S STORY.

If you have an issue with T-Long or Pat, so be it. But they are reporting on what SAL said.

What is so hard to understand about that?

so they need to do 40 posts to their own web sites to read sal's quote? why not link to sal's page? why not just post it here?

its about nothing but media whoring.

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 12:03 PM
google.com

search "2010 NFL mockdrafts"

you google it. i don't care.

T-Long
12-30-2009, 12:05 PM
so they need to do 40 posts to their own web sites to read sal's quote? why not link to sal's page? why not just post it here?

its about nothing but media whoring.
Ok I gotta step in here.

First of all, i don't have my own website. I write for NFL.com, and I periodically post my article for people to view them.

Secondly, the quotes from Sal is getting play from all over the place. National Football Post, ESPN Insider, Pro Football Talk. Those aren't our websites, those are national outlets reporting what Sal posted.

Seriously dude, it's ok that you hate life. Really it is. But don't try to bring down people that actually make a contribution to society.

Troll along troll...troll along....

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Ok I gotta step in here.

First of all, i don't have my own website. I write for NFL.com, and I periodically post my article for people to view them.

Secondly, the quotes from Sal is getting play from all over the place. National Football Post, ESPN Insider, Pro Football Talk. Those aren't our websites, those are national outlets reporting what Sal posted.

Seriously dude, it's ok that you hate life. Really it is. But don't try to bring down people that actually make a contribution to society.

Troll along troll...troll along....

wow. you contributed a few links and 2 paragraphs to society today. bravo! what the **** could we do without you?

T-Long
12-30-2009, 12:13 PM
wow. you contributed a few links and 2 paragraphs to society today. bravo! what the **** could we do without you?
I do this for a living...and what do you do that allows you to post on message boards 24/7?

justasportsfan
12-30-2009, 12:15 PM
So Juice, what websites do you write for ? Please tell us.

Writing Brohm threads on BZ doesn't count .

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 12:19 PM
I do this for a living...and what do you do that allows you to post on message boards 24/7?

by day, i recruit for a local company. every monday and tuesday i take phone calls, do interviews, and hire people. wed through friday i train them.

at night, i manage a restaraunt. at both places i write my own schedule.

regardless, i'm not tooting my own horn about it. i just don't see how you can call posting someone elses story, and writing 1 paragraph about it, "contributing to society"

i actually think the CNN/ESPN/MSNBC 24 hour news cycle is complete BS. they'll say anything they can just to stir up viewers. reporters back in the day would get info, and they would actually NOT REPORT it until it was confirmed. if they could, they'd confirm it straight from the source.

now, any news outlet just jumps on anything they can to promote themselves. just like this lame story. when cowher isn't here and was never close to coming here, you'll all conveniently try to just say "oh we never siad he was coming here"

so, again i say, then what are you reporting. "oh they talked and they may talk again"

wow, wee. that is not a story. i'm sure russ brandon has talked to a million people. do we need 40 links to web sites over who he's talked to? no. get to the bottom of it if your a reporter.

CoolBreeze
12-30-2009, 12:19 PM

This coming from a guy who wants to draft a TE (J. Gresham) in the 1st rd.
Who, by the way, hasn't played football in over a year.

CoolBreeze
12-30-2009, 12:22 PM
by day, i recruit for a local company. every monday and tuesday i take phone calls, do interviews, and hire people. wed through friday i train them.

at night, i manage a restaraunt. at both places i write my own schedule.

regardless, i'm not tooting my own horn about it. i just don't see how you can call posting someone elses story, and writing 1 paragraph about it, "contributing to society"

i actually think the CNN/ESPN/MSNBC 24 hour news cycle is complete BS. they'll say anything they can just to stir up viewers. reporters back in the day would get info, and they would actually NOT REPORT it until it was confirmed. if they could, they'd confirm it straight from the source.

now, any news outlet just jumps on anything they can to promote themselves. just like this lame story. when cowher isn't here and was never close to coming here, you'll all conveniently try to just say "oh we never siad he was coming here"

so, again i say, then what are you reporting. "oh they talked and they may talk again"

wow, wee. that is not a story. i'm sure russ brandon has talked to a million people. do we need 40 links to web sites over who he's talked to? no. get to the bottom of it if your a reporter.

Russ called me this afternoon. It's between me, Cowher and Weis. The thought process is that I will be cheaper than both...

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Russ called me this afternoon. It's between me, Cowher and Weis. The thought process is that I will be cheaper than both...

and this rumor is equally viable.

justasportsfan
12-30-2009, 12:24 PM
This coming from a guy who wants to draft a TE (J. Gresham) in the 1st rd.
Who, by the way, hasn't played football in over a year.

you're right. He does have a mock

1A - Russell Okung OT
1B - Jermaine Gresham TE
2 - Best DL or CB available
3 - BPA
4 - BPA
5 - BPA etc etc

The King
12-30-2009, 12:27 PM

This is easily the most entertaining thread of the day aside for the cowher talk. Although there isn't really anything to be said now. the story is out...let's see if it comes true.Dont you dare compare him to the Macho Madness!

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 12:28 PM
is cowher coach yet? are he and ralph eating lunch in detroit now? i need links to all of your sites...

justasportsfan
12-30-2009, 12:29 PM
is cowher coach yet? are he and ralph eating lunch in detroit now? i need links to all of your sites...
I thought you had the answers?

You're letting me down Juice.

Dr. Lecter
12-30-2009, 12:30 PM
and this rumor is equally viable.

Except for the annoying little fact of Sal's success rate.

I think I am going to go and argue with my cats. They absorb the information much more quickly and have better responses, even if it is a puked up hairball.

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 12:32 PM
I thought you had the answers?

You're letting me down Juice.

justa, can you please tell me what you want from me? i think i made my point. IMO saying you heard something from someone about nothing is not reporting.

reporting would be going out, and getting to the bottom of it.

THUS: why i don't want to be a reporter.

but, its 2010 practically, and you don't have to report anymore. you just have to get hits on your web site.

i never said i had all the answers. i do know trends in football and i understand most of whats going on in the nfl. i also understand that one guy said something, and he hasn't been online all day. the only 2 people whoring out the story are t long and pat.

t-long called his post on nfl.com an "article"...but he pasted a quote and wrote 3 sentences. thats not an article, that is a BLOG.

and EVERYBODY HAS A ****IN BLOG!!!!!!!!

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 12:35 PM
Except for the annoying little fact of Sal's success rate.

I think I am going to go and argue with my cats. They absorb the information much more quickly and have better responses, even if it is a puked up hairball.

get me a list of every story that sal as "broken"

supposedly he broke TO. this site (http://digg.com/football/Terrell_Owens_signs_one_year_deal_with_Buffalo_Bills_6_5M) says Foxsports.com broke the TO story.

what else has he reported that came true?

my main point is that if you are reporting something that can't be proven one way or another, its heresay, its not a legit story. IE a rumor that so and so had a chat with so and so.

Dr. Lecter
12-30-2009, 12:37 PM

supposedly he broke TO. this site (http://digg.com/football/Terrell_Owens_signs_one_year_deal_with_Buffalo_Bills_6_5M) says Foxsports.com broke the TO story.

my main point is that if you are reporting something that can't be proven one way or another, its heresay, its not a legit story. IE a rumor that so and so had a chat with so and so.

Fox got the story from him.

Really. They did. He broke it first.

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 12:40 PM
Fox got the story from him.

Really. They did. He broke it first.

i can't find any site on the internet citing him as the source...not saying he didn't but at the same token i'm not just gonna take someones word for it here seeing as most stuff here is false.

Coach Sal
12-30-2009, 12:42 PM

I was first to report the Bills had any interest in Owens at all and was laughed at.

The major outlests picked upon it about 12 hours later and started verifying it.

I was interviewed by Vic Carucci on SIRIUS NFL Radio for about 20 minutes on it that day. WGR55, ProFootballTalk.com and many others credited me with the original "interest" of the Bills.

Maybe others first reported when he actually SIGNED or AGREED? There's a difference there.

But here's a link for you.

I don't know what else you'd like.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=sal+capaccio+terrell+owens&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

The King
12-30-2009, 12:42 PM

You don't have a point. You're like Wile E. Coyote, you just keep showing up to gate an anvil dropped on your head. I got you a gift.... it's not an alarm clock its dynamite.

Dr. Lecter
12-30-2009, 12:44 PM
This thread outlived its usefullness long ago.

The King
12-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Im using it as a paper weight.