• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

I knew Brodeur was going to burn out...

I just didn't think it would happen until after the Olympics.

Prior to his game Monday night, he let in 7 goals in 8 periods. This includes 4 goals in a loss to Washington and 3 goals on 6 shots against Atlanta before getting yanked after the first period.

He is the only reason the Devils are in first place. When he struggles, the rest of the team isn't capable of picking up the slack.

D & S Sports

• DMBcrew36
    • Feb 2005

Re: I knew Brodeur was going to burn out...

In all seriousness, though, the Devils squad (defense and forwards) and their system are bigger reasons for their team success than goaltending. Don't get me wrong, Brodeur is good (and maybe the best ever), but he doesn't face too many difficult chances/shots and actually lets a good amount of softies these days. I could also point to last year when Brodeur was out and yet the Devils didn't miss a beat - they made it easy for Clemmenson and Weekes (both mediocre tenders), just as they do for Brodeur.

While I think the Sabres team has gotten better at trying to play more like the Devils, snuffing out chances and making it easier for Miller, it's Miller who more often than not is standing on his head to win games. He, moreso than Brodeur, is the reason for his team's success, this year.
    Last edited by DMBcrew36; 12-30-2009, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
      In all seriousness, though, the Devils squad (defense and forwards) are a bigger reason for their success than their goaltending. Don't get me wrong, Brodeur is good, but he doesn't face too many difficult chances/shots and actually lets in a lot of softies. I could also poitn to last year when Brodeur was out and yet the Devils didn't miss a beat - they made it easy for Clemmenson and Weekes (both mediocre tenders), just as they do for Brodeur.

While I think the Sabres team has gotten better at trying to play more like the Devils, snuffing out chances and making it easier for Miller, it's Miller who more often than not is standing on his head to win games. He, moreso than Brodeur, is the reason for our teams success, this year.
      I don't disagree.

Just making the point that you can make anybody look bad if you subjectively look at stats.

D & S Sports

Comment

• DMBcrew36
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
        I don't disagree.

Just making the point that you can make anybody look bad if you subjectively look at stats.
        Agreed. And Miller is human, just as Brodeur is human. Players go through stretches, just like teams.
        Last edited by DMBcrew36; 12-30-2009, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
          In all seriousness, though, the Devils squad (defense and forwards) and their system are bigger reasons for their team success than goaltending. Don't get me wrong, Brodeur is good (and maybe the best ever), but he doesn't face too many difficult chances/shots and actually lets a good amount of softies these days. I could also point to last year when Brodeur was out and yet the Devils didn't miss a beat - they made it easy for Clemmenson and Weekes (both mediocre tenders), just as they do for Brodeur.

While I think the Sabres team has gotten better at trying to play more like the Devils, snuffing out chances and making it easier for Miller, it's Miller who more often than not is standing on his head to win games. He, moreso than Brodeur, is the reason for his team's success, this year.
          the only reason why New Jersey is so successful is because they play the neutral zone trap and they have one of the best coaches who invented the trap in Jacques Lemaire. Broduer is overated.
          Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 12-30-2009, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
            the only reason why New Jersey is so successful is because they play the neutral zone trap and they have one of the best coaches who invented the trap in Jacques Lemaire. Broduer is overated.
            I've said similar things and it always stirs arguments with people. Now I just try to avoid the debate completely and keep my opinion on the matter mostly to myself.
            Last edited by DMBcrew36; 12-30-2009, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
              You're hilarious.

Comment

Working...
              X