PDA

View Full Version : If Cowher does become our coach...

more cowbell
12-30-2009, 10:40 AM
He doesn't put up with any crap from his players. Meaning there will probally be a bunch of players he will want to get rid of, especially if he has a lot of control over personnel decisions.

Players I think would be gone...

Terrell Owens (He's probally gone no matter who the coach is)
Kawika Mitchell (He sucks, and called out the FO for Incognito signing)
Marshawn Lynch (His careless attitude and trouble with the law)
Richie Incognito (once again, prolly gone no matter who the coach is)
Ryan Fitzpatrick (His "gunslinger" (LOL) attitude isnt a "Cowher style" QB)
James Hardy (If he doesn't show any signs in minicamps, hes probally gone)
Roscoe Parrish (His stupidity on ST and lack of maturity as a WR on the field)
Demetrius Bell (Overall, just a REALLY stupid player...a penalty machine)

Thoughts? Feel free to keep adding

WeAreArthurMoates
12-30-2009, 10:42 AM
There is no way Marshawn is trading. He may seem to have a careless attitude but is extremely passionate and a great locker room guy. Is exactly what Cowher looks for in a RB, in fact I think he'd be part of the reason he came here. Remember, Bettis had issues to before he got to Pittsburgh.

trapezeus
12-30-2009, 10:59 AM
marshawn's play definitely suffered this year, but so did trent's, so did fitz, so did brohm. every guy they make run behind this line or pass behind this line has not faired well. fred jackson is the only guy who's had success, and let's just be real...the guy wants it more than anyone else on the team.

I bet you pull in a real coach that makes marshawn believe that he'll be the next great thing, Marshawn will be throwing that stiff arm around like its his rookie season.

if marshawn doesn't pick it up next year, his hard running style is probably already wearing him down and he'll be done here.

Italian Stallion
12-30-2009, 11:02 AM
If Cohwer is coach..we sign Casey Hampton. Book that.

more cowbell
12-30-2009, 11:07 AM
If Cohwer is coach..we sign Casey Hampton. Book that.

good, Larry Foote too maybe?

Italian Stallion
12-30-2009, 11:11 AM
good, Larry Foote too maybe?

fine. He likes to win

Mr. Pink
12-30-2009, 11:13 AM
If we got a coach like Cowher, expect around 25 guys to be gone.

Also expect that in 3 years we have maybe 5 guys that are on this roster now.

trapezeus
12-30-2009, 11:14 AM
^music to my ears.

RockStar36
12-30-2009, 11:14 AM
Marshawn has sucked this year, but that wouldn't happen and would easily be corrected with a real coach in charge.

Historian
12-30-2009, 11:18 AM
People are going to have to be patient.

Cowher brings instant respectability, but keep in mind it took him like 15 years to win a SB in Pittsburgh.

And that was with owners who gave a ****.

This is going to be a long rebuilding process....especially without a quarterback.

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 11:20 AM
If we got a coach like Cowher, expect around 25 guys to be gone.

Also expect that in 3 years we have maybe 5 guys that are on this roster now.

I don't think it'll be that bad. He's gets more out of his players.

Let's not underestimate how bad our coaching is.

Most of the changes, I feel, would be because a player is getting older or because the scheme changes and they don't fit.

I think Cowher would like Incognito.

trapezeus
12-30-2009, 11:23 AM
People are going to have to be patient.

Cowher brings instant respectability, but keep in mind it took him like 15 years to win a SB in Pittsburgh.

And that was with owners who gave a ****.

This is going to be a long rebuilding process....especially without a quarterback.

but the guy also took kordell stewart and Neil Odonnel deep in the playoffs. you don't think brohm or a rookie with more potential than those two could go deep in the playoffs?

the team needs a line and a run game. he'll make sure that happens. then he'll get us a defensive identity coupled with the fact we already pick off a lot of passes.

i could see the bills turning around in a year with a decent FA, and draft and a coach who doesn't need time to learn on the job.

more cowbell
12-30-2009, 11:29 AM
As stated on this board before... I really do believe we have the players to run a 3-4 defense. Cowher would most likely get a 3-4 Defensive coordinator who has been around the block before.

Defensive Line:Marcus Stroud,(Terrance Cody),Kyle Williams/Spencer Johnson

Linebackers: Schobel, (Larry Foote?), Posluszny, Maybin

Secondary remains the same

Historian
12-30-2009, 11:40 AM
but the guy also took kordell stewart and Neil Odonnel deep in the playoffs. you don't think brohm or a rookie with more potential than those two could go deep in the playoffs?

the team needs a line and a run game. he'll make sure that happens. then he'll get us a defensive identity coupled with the fact we already pick off a lot of passes.

i could see the bills turning around in a year with a decent FA, and draft and a coach who doesn't need time to learn on the job.

And Ralph is still the owner. :(

I don't believe it's that quick of a fix, especially without a sitting QB.

He will get the most out of what players he has though, I agree.

But I still think its two more years of suffering. Even the great Chuck Knox took three seasons to put Buffalo back in the playoffs.

justasportsfan
12-30-2009, 12:01 PM
If Cowher does become our coach... I wonder if his spit would turn into ice whenever he talks.

The King
12-30-2009, 12:23 PM
If cowher becomes coach we need to change everything uniforms, players, shemes, hell change the name too... We are a whole new ball of wax if he signs on.

Jeff1220
12-30-2009, 01:12 PM
I could see Marshawn living up to his potential under a coach like Cowher. Cowher has got to like the running game possibilities in Buffalo w/Jackson/Lynch.

nateodoms'bff
12-30-2009, 01:18 PM
He doesn't put up with any crap from his players. Meaning there will probally be a bunch of players he will want to get rid of, especially if he has a lot of control over personnel decisions.

Players I think would be gone...

Terrell Owens (He's probally gone no matter who the coach is)
Kawika Mitchell (He sucks, and called out the FO for Incognito signing)
Marshawn Lynch (His careless attitude and trouble with the law)
Richie Incognito (once again, prolly gone no matter who the coach is)
Ryan Fitzpatrick (His "gunslinger" (LOL) attitude isnt a "Cowher style" QB)
James Hardy (If he doesn't show any signs in minicamps, hes probally gone)
Roscoe Parrish (His stupidity on ST and lack of maturity as a WR on the field)
Demetrius Bell (Overall, just a REALLY stupid player...a penalty machine)

Thoughts? Feel free to keep adding

this was all wildly insightful.

What careless attitude have you seen in Lynch? Bell is in essence a project player with no NFL experience, and he was starting at arguably the most important position on the field. Saying he is a stupid player is not only wrong, but also uninformed. He has a lot of the tools that are needed out of an elite LT, he just needs to be coached. He's not Mike Williams. Incognito I think has a shot to make this team. He is the type of guy that most coaches want. He is intense and physical and can play the position. He needs to mature, and the change in scenery seems to be working.

other than that, i think you are dead on. i wouldnt mind seeing mitchell on the roster, but wouldnt care if he wasnt

PECKERWOOD
12-30-2009, 01:18 PM
Trading Marshawn at this point in time just makes absolutely no sense at all, he is worth way more than what we could ever get in a trade.

Dying_-2-_Live
12-30-2009, 01:20 PM
the ONLY way id trade Lynch is if we could get a 1st for him.. which isnt ever going to happen

more cowbell
12-30-2009, 02:08 PM
this was all wildly insightful.

What careless attitude have you seen in Lynch? Bell is in essence a project player with no NFL experience, and he was starting at arguably the most important position on the field. Saying he is a stupid player is not only wrong, but also uninformed. He has a lot of the tools that are needed out of an elite LT, he just needs to be coached. He's not Mike Williams. Incognito I think has a shot to make this team. He is the type of guy that most coaches want. He is intense and physical and can play the position. He needs to mature, and the change in scenery seems to be working.

other than that, i think you are dead on. i wouldnt mind seeing mitchell on the roster, but wouldnt care if he wasnt

I do agree with you to some extent on Bell. I think he has the tools to become a good player, and yes he is young. But he made so many errors mentally this season, that a coach like Cowher would cut him if he continued to do that. However if he is coached well, then he very well could become a decent player.

In terms of talking about Lynch...I see this guy all the time laughing and joking around on the sideline when his team is getting destroyed on the field. When we were losing to Miami he is on the sideline dancing and laughing with about a minute left in the game and the game was decided. Also, I was at the Hall of Fame game and he comes out after half time eating a bag of Lay's chips. Even after the sub-par performance he produced in the first half.

I know these things may sound stupid, BUT this just showcases his un-disciplned attitude on and off the field. The guy had a red flag coming out of college in terms of character (run-ins with the law) and what does he do after his first season here? Hits someone with his car while driving drunk, while bringing his own liquor into a bar. And the following offseason he gets arrested for having a boat load of drugs and guns in his car.

Regardless of how "tough" he runs on the field, the guy is a complete thug and is another example of an NFL player thinking hes above the law. No way Cowher, or a coach like Cowher would embrace that.

You would think this guy would want to grow up and turn his bad character label off, but it looks like he is just too lazy and or doesn't care. He needs to do a lot of growing up to make it on this team or any team in the NFL because he will not make it

mark1126
12-30-2009, 11:34 PM
why cowher would come to bills:

1 - would be viewed as god by bills fans
2 - would become the most powerful coach in the entire NFL
3 - would have say over personnel matters
4 - would get all the attention from the media and fans (nationally)
5 - would be made filthy rich $$
6 - would prove he is the best of all time by turning the bills around
7 - would be able to say he saved the franchise from the depths of despair
8 - would be able to do anything he wanted
9 - would be king of the castle

nateodoms'bff
12-31-2009, 01:19 AM
I do agree with you to some extent on Bell. I think he has the tools to become a good player, and yes he is young. But he made so many errors mentally this season, that a coach like Cowher would cut him if he continued to do that. However if he is coached well, then he very well could become a decent player.

In terms of talking about Lynch...I see this guy all the time laughing and joking around on the sideline when his team is getting destroyed on the field. When we were losing to Miami he is on the sideline dancing and laughing with about a minute left in the game and the game was decided. Also, I was at the Hall of Fame game and he comes out after half time eating a bag of Lay's chips. Even after the sub-par performance he produced in the first half.

I know these things may sound stupid, BUT this just showcases his un-disciplned attitude on and off the field. The guy had a red flag coming out of college in terms of character (run-ins with the law) and what does he do after his first season here? Hits someone with his car while driving drunk, while bringing his own liquor into a bar. And the following offseason he gets arrested for having a boat load of drugs and guns in his car.

Regardless of how "tough" he runs on the field, the guy is a complete thug and is another example of an NFL player thinking hes above the law. No way Cowher, or a coach like Cowher would embrace that.

You would think this guy would want to grow up and turn his bad character label off, but it looks like he is just too lazy and or doesn't care. He needs to do a lot of growing up to make it on this team or any team in the NFL because he will not make it

Drugs were never found on his person, nor was he charged with any form of possession. It was one gun, legally registered to him, locked in a case which was locked in the trunk. There was a round chambered in the weapon, which is a VIOLATION of California Gun Laws. Its not a misdemeanor, its essentially a traffic ticket. Thats what he was convicted of. He is not a thug. He is a kid from the projects who made some bad choices and has since redeemed himself. He runs a boys and girls club, and has established a foundation to keep kids off of the streets. He does a lot more for his community than most people do.