X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Evans' numbers tied to QB turnover

“This year has been all over the place,” said Evans. “At different times it’s been another opportunity for somebody to step up and show what they’ve got. That’s pretty much what we’ve been looking at, but we come out preparing to win no matter who is back there.”

In Evans’ six seasons he’s played with seven different quarterbacks. Drew Bledsoe, J.P. Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Shane Matthews, Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brohm.

“It’s been tough at times,” admitted Evans. “Good sometimes, not so good some other times, but when you look at the big picture there has been a lot of rotation with different people back there.”

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Evans' numbers tied to QB turnover

More excuses from a guy overrated by the fanbase.

Shocking.

Comment

• Jaybird
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
      More excuses from a guy overrated by the fanbase.

Shocking.
      a wr does need the Qb to get him the ball. It's not like they have been throwing to him and he's been dropping passes or not making plays on the ball

Comment

• DBrown77
        Watching the Bills suck since 1999
        • Mar 2005

quote=FunTimesYaY!]More excuses from a guy overrated by the fanbase.

Shocking.[/quote]

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

I'll throw out random stats from a no name WR to compare to Lee Evans, best season on each....

84 catches 1097 yards 9 tds

82 catches 1292 yards 8 tds

Which are Lee Evans?

BTW the other guy had a poor QB who had no O-line throwing him the ball too before you throw out the excuses.

Evans is a nobody with numbers that don't scare anyone nor are that good.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Hang on it gets better!

One of these career stat lines gets you 10 million dollars, one gets you out of the league.

101 games 79 starts 384 catches 4595 yards 25 tds

95 games 73 starts 336 catches 5307 yards 38 tds

But yeah, Lee is great and held back nor is he overrated at all!

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

this is a chicken-egg debate. if evans was super reliable, Qb's would put it up for him to make plays 10-15 times a game. even with bledsoe and JP, the stronger armed, pro-evans QBs here, they didn' regularly make this guy a 7-15 catch receiver per game with 50-100 yards a game and a touchdown everyother week.

The guy simply knows to run long on the sidelines. he's dependable when you put it up there, but for somereason, he isn't getting the QB's ear to try more often.

True, there is only so much you can complain before you grow old. but look at to. for all his drops and lackidaisical games, QBs go back to him between 5-10 times a game. Evans literally can disappear for weeks at a time.

Some of this has to be on him as well.

That being said, evans isn't a guy that needs to be replaced right now. he needs help with a QB, he needs a better line so that the QB can make some reads and get him the ball, but he needs to show up when we get that QB.

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

I'll throw out random stats from a no name WR to compare to Lee Evans, best season on each....

84 catches 1097 yards 9 tds

82 catches 1292 yards 8 tds

Which are Lee Evans?

BTW the other guy had a poor QB who had no O-line throwing him the ball too before you throw out the excuses.

Evans is a nobody with numbers that don't scare anyone nor are that good.
                Are you really attempting to argue that a WRs #s are not effected by the quality of the QBing?

"Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by yordad
                  Are you really attempting to argue that a WRs #s are not effected by the quality of the QBing?

No, I showed two guys with poor QBing their entire career with similar numbers and the fates of each.

One guy is out of the league and one guy gets a huge payday.

At the end of the day, their numbers aren't much different.

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

No, I showed two guys with poor QBing their entire career with similar numbers and the fates of each.

One guy is out of the league and one guy gets a huge payday.

At the end of the day, their numbers aren't much different.
                    I hope you really don't think your secret example proves something.
                    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

I hope you really don't think your secret example proves something.

The point is my nobody example and trust me, this guy was a nobody, as evidenced by you having no clue who he is...put up just as good of a numbers in a single season and just as good in his career.

Nobody would point back to him and say he was great. Nor would he ever get a huge pay day from anyone. He didn't btw, he was cut not once, not twice but thrice.

My whole point conveys that Bills fans overrate Lee Evans as does the organization who overpaid him by a ton.

My example had this group of QBs throwing to him over his career...Ty Detmer, Tim Couch, Spergon Wynn, Doug Pederson, Kelly Holcomb, Byron Leftwich, Kyle Boller, Joey Harrington.

Why does Evans get a pass on his production because of poor QBing and a carousel? Why does Evans get excuses? Why does the other guy get ousted out of the league?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Even TO couldn't do anything here. How could Evans?
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          Even TO couldn't do anything here. How could Evans?

TO can't do anything because he's washed up.

Isn't that obvious by the half assed effort we've seen since day 1?

Comment

• yordad
                            • Dec 2007

The point is my nobody example and trust me, this guy was a nobody, as evidenced by you having no clue who he is...put up just as good of a numbers in a single season and just as good in his career.

Nobody would point back to him and say he was great. Nor would he ever get a huge pay day from anyone. He didn't btw, he was cut not once, not twice but thrice.

My whole point conveys that Bills fans overrate Lee Evans as does the organization who overpaid him by a ton.

My example had this group of QBs throwing to him over his career...Ty Detmer, Tim Couch, Spergon Wynn, Doug Pederson, Kelly Holcomb, Byron Leftwich, Kyle Boller, Joey Harrington.

Why does Evans get a pass on his production because of poor QBing and a carousel? Why does Evans get excuses? Why does the other guy get ousted out of the league?
                            Now me not having the stats for every wr in history is evidence of something too?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Now me not having the stats for every wr in history is evidence of something too?

You fail to see the point.

Outside of Buffalo I'm sure no one really knows or cares who Lee Evans is.

Just like outside of Cleveland in 2000 I'm sure no one really knew or cared who Kevin Johnson was.

One guy gets a huge contract and one guy gets to go home. Career situation not much different. Playing on bad teams with bad QBs that had bad O-lines.

Comment

Working...
                              X