PDA

View Full Version : Fred Jackson fined $5,000 for .....

Philagape
12-30-2009, 03:10 PM
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills running back Fred Jackson says he's been fined $5,000 by the NFL for painting "D3" under his eyes rather than using a standard strip of eye black during last weekend's game at Atlanta.

Jackson complained about the fine after practice Wednesday, and said he intends to file an appeal. Jackson was surprised by the punishment because he's been wearing "D3" -- which stands for his Division III college football background -- since the Coe College product first broke into the league with Buffalo in 2007.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4782736

The Spaz
12-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Absolutely dumb and lame.

Crisis
12-30-2009, 03:11 PM
that's ******ed

Philagape
12-30-2009, 03:13 PM
I wonder what kind of an anal nerd it takes whose job it is to scour every player's eye black, sock height, shoes, jersey tucks, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc .............

SquishDaFish
12-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Now the NFL is getting PATHETIC!

Philagape
12-30-2009, 03:19 PM
What's insane is that rinky dink things like this get fined, while Polamalu gets to grow a tree under his helmet.

Demon
12-30-2009, 03:19 PM
NFL is pathetic. Not surprised at all.

patmoran2006
12-30-2009, 03:21 PM
That's so stupid, even I refused to put it on my site, and I'm a sucker for posts I'll report almost ANYTHING!

Ingtar33
12-30-2009, 03:34 PM
What's insane is that rinky dink things like this get fined, while Polamalu gets to grow a tree under his helmet.

we have a winner

trapezeus
12-30-2009, 03:36 PM
maybe they should find more of these players who have heart and want to play the game at a high level as opposed to rewarding primadonna's who don't try when they think the game is out of hand.

Fredjackson is everything the NFL should want. a hard worker who excels and doesn't need to come to the NFL with a silverspoon in his mouth.

very sad fine indeed.

Typ0
12-30-2009, 04:06 PM
how should they distinguish this from other forms of marketing worn on the body if this is so lame?

casdhf
12-30-2009, 04:09 PM
**** the NFL. I am going to figure out how to steal 5k from them.

Jan Reimers
12-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Couldn't the No Fun League police just have warned him? This is about the least serious violation of any rule that I have ever heard of.

Michael82
12-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Oh Come on! Fred Jackson has been doing this ever since he joined the league. He's even talked about it before. Look at the photos from earlier in the season. What a damn joke! The NFL is truly the NO FUN LEAGUE!

Beebe's Kid
12-30-2009, 05:29 PM
how should they distinguish this from other forms of marketing worn on the body if this is so lame?

Maybe Freddie could get it tattooed under his eyes...

Typ0
12-30-2009, 06:40 PM
Maybe Freddie could get it tattooed under his eyes...

Hey just asking. The NFL has been fining people for marketing since the QB of the Bears wore a head band in the superbowl. They have been pretty consistent but since it's a bill now they are wrong all of a sudden. I like that they do this and can see the mess things would be if they didn't.

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 06:48 PM
rules are rules.

is it gay? yes. does he get a league handbook? yes. does it say in the handbook you can't do that? yes.

so, just like taking steroids or wearing the wrong color shoes, it's against the rules, and if other people live by the same rules, so should fred. no matter how hard he works.

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 06:57 PM
what about marshawn for writing FF??

ALL D
12-30-2009, 08:11 PM
Just for gaining 3 yards 3 carries, the Bills should fine Marshawn 50 thousand...:clown:

Lexwhat
12-30-2009, 09:16 PM
Although $5k is a pretty hefty fine, Fred Jackson has no reason to complain. He didn't need a warning for this, and should've known the rules.

Just because he's been doing it for a long time doesn't make it okay. It looks like the league just noticed it for the first time.

The NFL has a strict rule and it's only right for them to enforce is consistently.

People on this board complain all the time about how certain players (e.g. Tom Brady) get special treatment by the league. Then when they fine a Bills player like Fred Jackson, they want the league to somehow ignore an infraction.

Let's be real.

Mad Bomber
12-30-2009, 09:26 PM
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills running back Fred Jackson says he's been fined $5,000 by the NFL for painting "D3" under his eyes rather than using a standard strip of eye black during last weekend's game at Atlanta.

Jackson complained about the fine after practice Wednesday, and said he intends to file an appeal. Jackson was surprised by the punishment because he's been wearing "D3" -- which stands for his Division III college football background -- since the Coe College product first broke into the league with Buffalo in 2007.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4782736
What a bunch of S**T!!!!! Fred Jackson is NOT some prima donna who is looking for publicity....no Sharpies, no cell phone, no sombrero and serape...he is a blue collar, hard working running back with TRUE talent who plays his ass off every week. He has come from NOWHERE to become one of the better players in the NFL.

This guy has worked for everything that he has EARNED.

I want to paint "D3" on my naked body at next year's opener.

They'll probably kick me out of the stadium (if they even let me in).

Throne Logic
12-30-2009, 10:31 PM
I do find it amusing that he could tattoo it on his cheek and the league would be OK with it.

BTW. The "been doing it all along" argument is probably the wrong approach. He's going to wind up with a revised fine that multiplies $5K times the number of games he's been active. . .

G Wolly
12-31-2009, 02:56 AM
Just another case of the white man tryna hold a brotha DOWN