PDA

View Full Version : Worst announcers/broadcast in the NHL?

DMBcrew36
12-30-2009, 06:53 PM
I'm watching Boston's NESN feed and these guys are terrible. They're biased as hell (maybe more than most), have stupid Boston accents that take away from the game; making them annoying as crap, and worst of all, they can't pronounce players names. Antropov apparently is known as 'Ann-trawp-uhv' in Boston, not 'Ann-tro-pahv'. I don't understand how can they pronounce his name wrong? It isn't like he's new to the league, and he has played his entire career in the Eastern Conference - the Bruins have seen him many many times.

Intermission report time

Mike Milbury and some stupid woman (who learned her hockey in communicatons school, no doubt :rolleyes: ) are saying how Evander Kane 'doesn't belong in this league'. Is this a joke? Evander Kane has been one of the Thrashers best players this season and was great on Team Canada with Tyler Myers' in World Juniors. Kane is one of the best rookies in the league right now. These homers obviously have no clue. Kane has 9g, 6a for 15pts in 37 games, and is a +7. That's pretty damn good for a depth forward who is a rookie that only receives 14 minutes of ice time per game.

But, I can't give them sole possession of the title of dumbest, most annoying NHL broadcasting crew. They have to share the title with a Hurricanes feed that is pretty damn putrid, too. Tripp Tracey and Forslund :puke: