PDA

View Full Version : Holy @*%*@$*!!

DMBcrew36
12-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Phaneuf must be absolutely pissed that he didn't make Team Canada for the Olympics. He absolutely crushed Anze Kopitar in the 1st period of the Flames/Kings game tonight. Kopitar was racing to touch the puck to avoid what would have been icing against the Kings. Phaneuf didn't even try to go for the puck on the touch icing, but rather tried to kill Kopitar with what may be the hardest bodycheck of the year. Phaneuf was given a 5-minute major and a game misconduct. The Flames fans booed the call mercilessly, but you can't ignore the puck to crush a player on touch icing. The rule book leaves it up to the referee's discretion on what the penalty should be. The head coaches of the Flames and Kings then began to yell at one another between the benches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6MrMi9wUUY

Rule 81:

Any contact between opposing players while pursuing the puck on
an icing must be for the sole purpose of playing the puck and not for
eliminating the opponent from playing the puck. Unnecessary or
dangerous contact could result in penalties being assessed to the

offending player.

JD
12-31-2009, 02:46 AM
Oh. My. God.

He like got pasted to the boards for a second LMAO.

3 game suspension i'd bet.

G Wolly
12-31-2009, 03:34 AM
Phaneuf is a BEAST

My favorite NHL defenseman

Besides Orpik.

rbochan
12-31-2009, 07:12 AM
He's a star, he won't see **** as far as a suspension goes.
Welcome to the NHL.

DMBcrew36
12-31-2009, 10:34 AM
Eh he won't get suspended. There are a lot of people who want to know why the heck he was ejected, including all the commentators on Rogers Sportsnet (who obviously are biased to him, being that he is a Canadian on a Canadian team). They all think it should've just been a 2-minute penalty.

SabreEleven
01-01-2010, 07:14 AM
Now if that was Kaleta applying the hit, it would have been at least 10 games.