PDA

View Full Version : Is scared to report that John Guy won't be back next year

patmoran2006
12-30-2009, 10:16 PM
With all the stuff someone not named John Clayton, Adam Schefter or Jason LaConfora has to deal with on here when they try to report some information, I"m too scared to post a story that a super duper trooper source of mine tells me John Guy won't be back next year and could be the very first person in the front office to clean out his desk.

(If only I were joking)

Lexwhat
12-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Thank God.

He is probably the WORST Front Office member this entire organization has to offer.

Dr. Lecter
12-30-2009, 10:18 PM
I think this was mentioned in the Buffalo News on Sunday.

Good news.

patmoran2006
12-30-2009, 10:19 PM

Good news.

By whom?

Lexwhat
12-30-2009, 10:19 PM

Good news.

Uh oh. Wait till the JUICE reads this post. You've ignited the flames.

PECKERWOOD
12-30-2009, 10:20 PM
*bookmarked*

If this thread does not turn out to be correct, I will hunt you down and I will kill you.

trapezeus
i wonder if by "cleaning his desk" that means he has to take K Mitchell and any other dead weight free agents with him once he gets the pink slip.

PECKERWOOD
MAKE NO MISTAKE I WILL FIND YOU

patmoran2006
12-30-2009, 10:21 PM
*bookmarked*

If this thread does not turn out to be correct, I will hunt you down and I will kill you.

If John Guy evaluates one more free agent signee I may kill myself.

Demon
12-30-2009, 10:21 PM
wow, great news! Hopefully they get rid all of them!

clumping platelets
12-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Lemme drive him to the airport :redcar:

Typ0

you may not have the chance.

PECKERWOOD

:lmao:

Sorry, btw, I just got done watching "Taken" that movie KICKED SO MUCH ASS! I'm pumped.

The Spaz
12-30-2009, 10:23 PM
Good news I want a clean slate. Get rid of the ****in' midget too...lol

patmoran2006
12-30-2009, 10:24 PM
you may not have the chance.

Good point.

The Juice Is Loose

Good news.
LOL.

way to break the story.

john guy sucks! get him outta here!

patmoran2006

Ya never know. IF they can get rid of John Gurtler they can get rid of anybody. lol

patmoran2006
12-30-2009, 10:26 PM
LOL.

way to break the story.

john guy sucks! get him outta here!

I like you.. We should go out for some beers

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 10:27 PM
Ya never know. IF they can get rid of John Gurtler they can get rid of anybody. lol

I only drink HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD LIQUOOOOOOOR scro!

OOOHHHHHHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Pink
12-30-2009, 10:29 PM

I hope you like Crown.

patmoran2006
12-30-2009, 10:32 PM

I think you have mistaken what kind of reporter I am.

I am not an "insider", nor have I ever claimed to be. I am not a Adam Schefter, John Clayton, etc wanna-be. That's not what I do.

I am a reporter. 90% of the time, I cover games, news conferences and do interviews. I usually cover and write about Bills games, or college football, or high school basketball. If you looked at Buffalo Sports Daily you'd see that.

I rarely try to post 'insider' information unless I become privvy to something..

To use a comparison of a LARGE publication. I would be an equivalant of an Allen WIlson, or a Keith McShea. I write about players, games and events.

I am very rarely ever an "exclusive news breaker"

That is guys like Sal's thing, which is why I like working with him

Dr. Lecter
12-30-2009, 10:34 PM
By whom?

Pro personnel chief John Guy is not expected to return. The fate of Tom Modrak, head of the college scouting operation, remains uncertain.

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/905680.html

patmoran2006
12-30-2009, 10:36 PM
Sweet. There ya go.

Why wasnt that a major news story? I would think that would be headlines?

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 10:36 PM
I think you have mistaken what kind of reporter I am.

I am not an "insider", nor have I ever claimed to be. I am not a Adam Schefter, John Clayton, etc wanna-be. That's not what I do.

I am a reporter. 90% of the time, I cover games, news conferences and do interviews. I usually cover and write about Bills games, or college football, or high school basketball. If you looked at Buffalo Sports Daily you'd see that.

I rarely try to post 'insider' information unless I become privvy to something..

To use a comparison of a LARGE publication. I would be an equivalant of an Allen WIlson, or a Keith McShea. I write about players, games and events.

I am very rarely ever an "exclusive news breaker"

That is guys like Sal's thing, which is why I like working with him

whatever man. sure seems like your main goal is to break stories. its fine, i don't mind it. i have nothing against you guys. but i have right to calls it like i sees it and what i see is guys drumming up website hits. at least on that cowher "story"

all i said to start this whirlwind was that the cowher talk wasn't "info" it was "speculation" by independent, local "reporters".

and then the comments i got over that p'd me off. and the thing about neg rep is that people leave little snide remarks but don't have the balls to put their name to it. so that pisses me off.

you guys can do what you wanna do, its a free country. i'm just expressing my own opinons, which are that 99% of the stuff on this board, posted by our "insiders" is either false, or reran off rotoworld or pft.

patmoran2006
12-30-2009, 10:38 PM
whatever man. sure seems like your main goal is to break stories. its fine, i don't mind it. i have nothing against you guys. but i have right to calls it like i sees it and what i see is guys drumming up website hits. at least on that cowher "story"

all i said to start this whirlwind was that the cowher talk wasn't "info" it was "speculation" by independent, local "reporters".

and then the comments i got over that p'd me off. and the thing about neg rep is that people leave little snide remarks but don't have the balls to put their name to it. so that pisses me off.

you guys can do what you wanna do, its a free country. i'm just expressing my own opinons, which are that 99% of the stuff on this board, posted by our "insiders" is either false, or reran off rotoworld or pft.

Actually, 99 percent of PFT's fame comes on the heels of posting links and stories from EVERYWHERE ELSE

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 10:51 PM
Actually, 99 percent of PFT's fame comes on the heels of posting links and stories from EVERYWHERE ELSE

they break a ton of stuff. always cite. keep things in prespective. and don't get me wrong i hate mike florio's opinions 99% of the time.

BILLSROCK1212
12-30-2009, 11:04 PM
they break a ton of stuff. always cite. keep things in prespective. and don't get me wrong i hate mike florio's opinions 99% of the time.
but you read it

Michael82
12-30-2009, 11:09 PM
It's about time! I've hated John Guy ever since he harassed me that one year when I was taking notes at training camp. Plus he sucks at FA evaluation!

The Juice Is Loose
12-30-2009, 11:12 PM
but you read it

usually just the headlines. its the best source for news.

BILLSROCK1212
12-30-2009, 11:14 PM
It's about time! I've hated John Guy ever since he harassed me that one year when I was taking notes at training camp. Plus he sucks as FA evaluation!
sounds like someone has a grudge

The Spaz
12-30-2009, 11:24 PM
It's about time! I've hated John Guy ever since he harassed me that one year when I was taking notes at training camp. Plus he sucks at FA evaluation!

I remember you posting about that. Looking back you should have said you worked for the Patriots...lol

Michael82
12-30-2009, 11:29 PM
I remember you posting about that. Looking back you should have said you worked for the Patriots...lol

lol...yeah I should have.

Luisito23
12-30-2009, 11:39 PM
I've hated John Guy ever since he harassed me that one year when I was taking notes at training camp.

I can't believe anyone would do that.

hammerbillsfan
12-31-2009, 12:06 AM

Where/when was this story?

:movie:

PECKERWOOD
12-31-2009, 12:14 AM

For real? How did he harass you?

Dying_-2-_Live
12-31-2009, 12:20 AM
For real? How did he harass you?

Guy is about worthless imho...aswell as several hundred others :yucky:

YardRat
12-31-2009, 06:15 AM
Sweet. There ya go.

It's not a major story because most likely if you're a Bills fan but don't frequent message boards on the intraweb you don't even know Guy exists.

DraftBoy
12-31-2009, 07:32 AM
Good to hear!

WeAreArthurMoates
12-31-2009, 07:41 AM
Nice this is fantastic news. Guy was absolutely horrible at what he did. His best signing was Spikes but that was a no freaking brainer.

WeAreArthurMoates
12-31-2009, 07:43 AM
Sweet. There ya go.

Ya I wondered the same this is great news and very telling that we will get a GM

THATHURMANATOR
12-31-2009, 07:48 AM
No Keep the Midge... He makes me smile.

Mahdi
12-31-2009, 07:58 AM
So you mean to tell me you are not happy with:

Melvin Fowler, Bennie Anderson, Langston Walker, Jason Whittle, Derrick Dockery, Kawika Mitchell, Dominic Rhodes, Jonathan Stupar, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Larry Triplett etc.....???

John Guy for HC and GM please!

WeAreArthurMoates
12-31-2009, 08:13 AM
So you mean to tell me you are not happy with:

Melvin Fowler, Bennie Anderson, Langston Walker, Jason Whittle, Derrick Dockery, Kawika Mitchell, Dominic Rhodes, Jonathan Stupar, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Larry Triplett etc.....???

John Guy for HC and GM please!

Man that list is truly horrible, also, don't forget the killer signings of Jeff Posey, Troy Vincent and Chris Villeral. What's even sadder is the guys we passed on for these slubs.

Nighthawk
12-31-2009, 09:28 AM
With all the stuff someone not named John Clayton, Adam Schefter or Jason LaConfora has to deal with on here when they try to report some information, I"m too scared to post a story that a super duper trooper source of mine tells me John Guy won't be back next year and could be the very first person in the front office to clean out his desk.

(If only I were joking)

Pat, this is old news...it was in the Buffalo News weeks ago...I believe.

The Jokeman
12-31-2009, 09:33 AM
By whom?
Mark Gaughn "reported it" in this story http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/905680.html

Pro personnel chief John Guy is not expected to return. The fate of Tom Modrak, head of the college scouting operation, remains uncertain.

Nighthawk
12-31-2009, 09:35 AM
Mark Gaughn "reported it" in this story http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/905680.html

That's it...thanks Jokeman. This was in the Buffalo news the week before Christmas...I knew that I read it from Gaughan at some point in the past week or so.

patmoran2006
12-31-2009, 09:59 AM
I wonder who could become a candidate, though I'm sure its a job a GM will fill, so would be senseless to try and figure out names

trapezeus
12-31-2009, 10:09 AM
the next candidate could be a dart board with the list of fre agent names on it with 2 darts and it'd be better than john guy.

WeAreArthurMoates
12-31-2009, 10:10 AM
Our next GM will fill that role. Probably promote someone from his old staff.

The Jokeman
12-31-2009, 10:28 AM
I wonder who could become a candidate, though I'm sure its a job a GM will fill, so would be senseless to try and figure out names
Unless we keep Brandon GM and name some else head of player personnel or some other title. As I think Ralph is really comfortable with Russ running the show especially from a marketing standpoint so not sure him out as GM as definite as some think.

WeAreArthurMoates
12-31-2009, 10:47 AM
Unless we keep Brandon GM and name some else head of player personnel or some other title. As I think Ralph is really comfortable with Russ running the show especially from a marketing standpoint so not sure him out as GM as definite as some think.

Im 100 percent sure he will be and when we start interviewing people next week, everyone else will see this. There will be a new GM in Buffalo.

mchurchfie
12-31-2009, 11:12 AM

(If only I were joking)
One down, two to go.:hump:

Ginger Vitis
12-31-2009, 12:47 PM
It's unfortunate Pat you erroneously reported that The Colts had signd JP Losman.. You've lost your confidence and now you are gun shy....