PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Day Prospects Thread

PECKERWOOD
12-30-2009, 11:00 PM
Who do you guys like? I'm not going to toss out a bunch of random names, but I will say that Matt Kopa starting left tackle for Stanford may be a real catch. Stanford has played against some really tough competition, (Notre Dame and USC) and Kopa really held his own against 1st day talent like Eversen Griffen. If you watched Gerhart, although amazing in his own right, he had some holes that you could drive a truck through and he seemed to be partial towards running to Kopa's side of the line. One last name, Geno Atkins, not the ideal height or build you'd look for in a defensive tackle but could be a good player come day 1.

DraftBoy
12-31-2009, 07:51 AM
Who do you guys like? I'm not going to toss out a bunch of random names, but I will say that Matt Kopa starting left tackle for Stanford may be a real catch. Stanford has played against some really tough competition, (Notre Dame and USC) and Kopa really held his own against 1st day talent like Eversen Griffen. If you watched Gerhart, although amazing in his own right, he had some holes that you could drive a truck through and he seemed to be partial towards running to Kopa's side of the line. One last name, Geno Atkins, not the ideal height or build you'd look for in a defensive tackle but could be a good player come day 1.

Technically speaking you mean 3rd day prospects now that the draft has gone to a 3 day format.

A few names per position;

QB-
Jarrett Brown
John Skelton
Tyler Sheehan

RB-
LeMarcus Coker
James Starks
LeGarette Blount

WR-
Taylor Price
Marcus Easley
David Gettis

TE-
Andrew Quarless
Jimmy Graham
Michael Palmer

OT-
Ed Wang
Adam Ulatoski
Derek Hardman

OG-
Cord Howard
Sergio Render
Joe Thomas

OC-
Chris Hall
John Estes
Jacob Hickman

DE-
Jamie Kirlew
James Ruffin
Alex Daniels

DT-
Jeff Owens
Geno Atkins
Corey Peters

OLB-
Perry Riley
Antonio Coleman
Albert McClellan

ILB-
Josh Hull
Kion Wilson
Reed Williams

CB-
Patrick Stoudamire
AJ Wallace
Prince Miller

FS-
Van Eskirdge
Randy Phillips
Brad Phillips

SS-
Darian Stewart
Justin Woodall
Larry Asante

psubills62
12-31-2009, 05:27 PM
Technically speaking you mean 3rd day prospects now that the draft has gone to a 3 day format.

A few names per position;

QB-
Jarrett Brown
John Skelton
Tyler Sheehan

RB-
LeMarcus Coker
James Starks
LeGarette Blount

WR-
Taylor Price
Marcus Easley
David Gettis

TE-
Andrew Quarless
Jimmy Graham
Michael Palmer

OT-
Ed Wang
Adam Ulatoski
Derek Hardman

OG-
Cord Howard
Sergio Render
Joe Thomas

OC-
Chris Hall
John Estes
Jacob Hickman

DE-
Jamie Kirlew
James Ruffin
Alex Daniels

DT-
Jeff Owens
Geno Atkins
Corey Peters

OLB-
Perry Riley
Antonio Coleman
Albert McClellan

ILB-
Josh Hull
Kion Wilson
Reed Williams

CB-
Patrick Stoudamire
AJ Wallace
Prince Miller

FS-
Van Eskirdge
Randy Phillips
Brad Phillips

SS-
Darian Stewart
Justin Woodall
Larry Asante

Love that you've got some PSU players on there. AJ Wallace...I'd be hesitant to pick him, as mostly a career underachiever. If Josh Hull is successful, he'd be a good backup and a guy Bills fans could really come to like, as a blue-collar player. Former walk-on, I believe. I don't know if he's consistently good, but I've seen him make good plays in the run game, blitzing, and in coverage. Quarless could also be considered an underachiever, but I think he has the size to be able to block.

Out of curiosity, where do you think Freddie Barnes will go, DB? That guy really impressed me this year. 155 receptions, with 17 coming today on 219 yards and 3 TD. Simply amazing.

DraftBoy
01-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Love that you've got some PSU players on there. AJ Wallace...I'd be hesitant to pick him, as mostly a career underachiever. If Josh Hull is successful, he'd be a good backup and a guy Bills fans could really come to like, as a blue-collar player. Former walk-on, I believe. I don't know if he's consistently good, but I've seen him make good plays in the run game, blitzing, and in coverage. Quarless could also be considered an underachiever, but I think he has the size to be able to block.

Out of curiosity, where do you think Freddie Barnes will go, DB? That guy really impressed me this year. 155 receptions, with 17 coming today on 219 yards and 3 TD. Simply amazing.

I like Wallace based on size and speed more than play production, he could be a good 7th Round pick and with some hard work from a good DB coach he could develop more. PSU is not known for producing great NFL caliber DB's so there is hesitation there for sure.

Right now I have Barnes going in the early 3rd Round, maybe Round 2. I need to see him run and measure at the combine before finalizing that. He has plenty of skills and close to an NFL ready body, but his offensive system makes me a little more skeptical of his incredible stats and such.