PDA

View Full Version : Schefter address Bills/Cowher

Coach Sal
12-31-2009, 09:12 AM
Hopefully, this is enough for some people to corroborate what I reported originally:

Schefter:
"Here's the deal. I think the Buffalo Bills have made repeated overtures to Bill Cowher, and they keep coming after him.....and they keep pursuing him.....and it's the kind of thing where they're not going to take 'no' for an answer. It's not unlike what's happened with Mike Shanahan and Buffalo. And so, they're going big game hunting, and they're trying to draw in one of these big name coaches.......I still think they're going to have a hard time luring one of the big guys to Buffalo in the end."

"...Everyone I've spoken to said he wants to come back next year."

Went on to talk about his lack of options. Mentioned only two other teams - Tampa and Carolina - just as I did. Said Tampa "might be an option, and I think would be his number-one option."

Said Tampa is the most logical fit for Cowher.

"I ultimately just don't see Bill Cowher taking a job in Buffalo. I just don't see him waiting around, waiting around, waiting around, turning down opportunities, and then saying 'Buffalo's the one I'm picking.' "

These are direct quotes from Schefter on Mike and Mike this morning.

Not bad for some guy with a web cam and a mic who does a show from his parent's basement, huh?

Is this enough to confirm the same story I reported?

If so, maybe a few of you can spread the word to a few other places you go to?! I will be in and out most of the day.

Hope everyone has a safe and healthy and Happy New Year!!

The Juice Is Loose
12-31-2009, 09:15 AM
"I ultimately just don't see Bill Cowher taking a job in Buffalo. I just don't see him waiting around, waiting around, waiting around, turning down opportunities, and then saying 'Buffalo's the one I'm picking.' "

where in this piece is there the words "Cowher" "Interested" and "Buffalo" come in?

he basically shoots your report down. john clayton and adam schefter are reporting that cowher won't come here.

Tampa "might be an option, and I think would be his number-one option."

Again. Where, besides your web cam, has ANYBODY said that BILL COWHER is INTERESTED in the BUFFALO BILLS COACHING JOB?!?!?!?!

NO WHERE!

The Spaz
12-31-2009, 09:16 AM
Until I see Bill Cowher at a Bills Press Conference I am not believing it.

The Juice Is Loose
12-31-2009, 09:19 AM
THE ONLY STORY is that the Bills have been approaching him. This was reported a month ago when we also approached Shanahan.

There is no story. This is just stirring up rumors and trying to get web hits and make names for themselves.

In the old days, reporters GOT INFORMATION from SOURCES and GOT TO THE BOTTOM of it. Now they just make stuff up to see if it'll happen. And the thing about this is that there was nothing reported. A phone call can't be proven right or wrong.

I still stake MY REPUTATION that Cowher won't even step foot in Buffalo. Or Detroit with Wilson for that matter.

Coach Sal

where in this piece is there the words "Cowher" "Interested" and "Buffalo" come in?

he basically shoots your report down. john clayton and adam schefter are reporting that cowher won't come here.

Tampa "might be an option, and I think would be his number-one option."

Again. Where, besides your web cam, has ANYBODY said that BILL COWHER is INTERESTED in the BUFFALO BILLS COACHING JOB?!?!?!?!

NO WHERE!

Yeah. Because everyone who's NOT interested just keeps taking the time and energy to listen to people they are not interested in, right?

I've learned some people will reach for anything to discredit me.

But you keep going on with your bad self, OJ.

mikemac2001
Hopefully, this is enough for some people to corroborate what I reported originally:

Schefter:
"Here's the deal. I think the Buffalo Bills have made repeated overtures to Bill Cowher, and they keep coming after him.....and they keep pursuing him.....and it's the kind of thing where they're not going to take 'no' for an answer. It's not unlike what's happened with Mike Shanahan and Buffalo. And so, they're going big game hunting, and they're trying to draw in one of these big name coaches.......I still think they're going to have a hard time luring one of the big guys to Buffalo in the end."

Went on to talk about his lack of options. Mentioned only two other teams - Tampa and Carolina - just as I did. Said Tampa "might be an option, and I think would be his number-one option."

Not bad for some guy with a web cam and a mic who does a show from his parent's basement, huh?

If so, maybe a few of you can spread the word to a few other places you go to?! I will be in and out most of the day.

haha good stuff sal keep up good work

The Juice Is Loose
12-31-2009, 09:20 AM

haha good stuff sal keep up good work

making up rumors on a web cam isn't work.

Coach Sal
12-31-2009, 09:24 AM

Yep. I made up the Bills interest in TO and Lee Evans' contract extension, too.

Oh, wait. Those things actually happened.

Face it.

You are losing WAY more credibility by the post, compared to everything you try to do to discredit me.

realdealryan
12-31-2009, 09:25 AM

What do you mean?

T-Long
12-31-2009, 09:25 AM

Schefter:

just another reason why you are as credible as anybody that is out there...which is why I will continue to plug your show and help get ur name out as much as I can.

mikemac2001
12-31-2009, 09:26 AM

Rumor or not

sal has been right more times then not

and people are backing it.

It doesn't mean cowher will sign he is just saying there are talks and interest between the parties

and juice go create another username (can we ban IP?)

trapezeus
12-31-2009, 09:26 AM
it seems that Sal has the contrarian viewpoint on what most talking heads have to say about this. but like Promotherobot said in a different thread, the claytons and Schefter's are saying, "this doesn't make sense to me" and "I just don't think..."

I don't know Sal personally, but i've seen his show and I know he doesn't post a ton of garbage of what he simply thinks. The guy used a source and provided a story line. And at this point, that has more credibility than what other people simply wish to think.

Just because cowher said some nice things and isn't writing off buffalo doesn't mean he's a lock. but i get the sense that the bills are still trying. and prior to this Sal story, i got the sense that Bills had zero idea of what they wanted. they wanted Mike real bad and that was it. now i get the sense that the team wants modrak to reel in Cowher as plan A. if that falls apart, i am guessing they may have a GM first plan that they'll work on.

but it seems like as long as they think they've got a chance at cowher, they're going to go for cowher.

The Juice Is Loose
12-31-2009, 09:27 AM
just another reason why you are as credible as anybody that is out there...which is why I will continue to plug your show and help get ur name out as much as I can.

because he can paste shefter refuting his story?

my god are you guys blind deaf stupid or all 3?

NO WHERE does it say that COWHER is interested in the BILLS.

in fact, it says the EXACT ****ING OPPOSITE!!!!!!!!!:fit:

patmoran2006
12-31-2009, 09:29 AM

Face it.

You are losing WAY more credibility by the post, compared to everything you try to do to discredit me.

Don't even bother man, he's accomplishing exactly what he wants to everytime you post a response to him.

You're not a rookie. You know you're never going to please everyone no matter what ya do, so don't even pay him no mind.

The Juice Is Loose
12-31-2009, 09:29 AM

Face it.

LOL, everywhere on the internet says foxnews broke TO.

Lee Evans was negotiating an extension for a year and half. It was obvious.

I can come here and spout off obvious things and make up things that can't be proven too. The Bills called me yesterday to be head coach. I'm interested and impressed. Same exact story.

realdealryan
12-31-2009, 09:30 AM
because he can paste shefter refuting his story?

my god are you guys blind deaf stupid or all 3?

NO WHERE does it say that COWHER is interested in the BILLS.

in fact, it says the EXACT ****ING OPPOSITE!!!!!!!!!:fit:

still a little fuzzy about where you're going with this

The Juice Is Loose
12-31-2009, 09:35 AM
Don't even bother man, he's accomplishing exactly what he wants to everytime you post a response to him.

You're not a rookie. You know you're never going to please everyone no matter what ya do, so don't even pay him no mind.

actually, i don't care about your responses. the facts are the facts and the facts are that there is no story.

schefter said the bills are trying to get cowher. he didn't say cowher was interested in the bills. that's what sal reported. there is no confirmation of it whatsoever. there is no way that because sal cappawho? said that the "bills are stable" they're just stable overnight?!?!

come on. we've been talking about how unstable they are for years. every relocation article lists the bills as a potential candidate. we have a game on toronto every year in which the stadium is full of opponent fans and we lay and egg.

how did this franchise go from a joke to stable overnight? because sal said so? c'mon! how could his "cowher" person know a damn thing more about the bills than us 100's of people who OBSESS over the bills?!? couldn't be.

and, like i said. cowher isn't my first choice as coach, but he'd be better than most and I hope that this all comes true. that said, even sal himself said that he doesn't think cowher will sign here. which makes it even stupider to talk about.

the 40 pm's i receieved yesterday from people praising me for calling you 3 out for you BS is my motivation. if your going to be a bills reporter, go get the fing news. don't just refresh rotoworld every ten minutes and copy what they say like you broke it.

i have a report. josh reed won't get resigned. there you heard it here first. i have inside sources saying that josh reed sucks and won't be on our team next year. i can't reveal my source.

i'm now a bills reporter.

mikemac2001
12-31-2009, 09:36 AM
Today, 10:35 AM
Remove user from ignore listThe Juice Is Loose
This message is hidden because The Juice Is Loose is on your ignore list.

yordad
I still stake MY REPUTATION that Cowher won't even step foot in Buffalo. Or Detroit with Wilson for that matter.OK, but your rep is already bad.

mybills
Steelers play the Bills in 2k10. With our historical luck, he will come here and we'll lose that game.

nolimit
12-31-2009, 09:39 AM
I rarely post but I feel the need to post. I just dont understand what the big freakin deal is. I enjoy getting info and speculation before other large media sources do. Its the fun of being a fan. I dont know why alot of you guys are poo pooing on Sal's report. If you dont like it then dont read it.

The Juice Is Loose
12-31-2009, 09:43 AM
I rarely post but I feel the need to post. I just dont understand what the big freakin deal is. I enjoy getting info and speculation before other large media sources do. Its the fun of being a fan. I dont know why alot of you guys are poo pooing on Sal's report. If you dont like it then dont read it.

its giving the target audience fake information to get web hits. thats the issue.

yordad
12-31-2009, 09:46 AM
its giving the target audience fake information to get web hits. thats the issue.Thankyou for trying to protect us, but I freely clicked on his link.

madness
12-31-2009, 09:46 AM
Wow, there is one really big "opinion" in this thread.

Philagape
12-31-2009, 09:47 AM

It's not a lot. Just a 14-year-old troll or two.

buffalo2351
12-31-2009, 09:51 AM

Schefter:

This was said to soften Greenburg's sphincter. Can't have him worrying about his beloved Jets now can we?

trapezeus
12-31-2009, 09:53 AM
its giving the target audience fake information to get web hits. thats the issue.

really? because i didn't see his show. T-long posted it on this board. i read it here. i didn't go anywhere else.

I wanted to read something interesting..that was provided. it has a source and it's a different way of viewing the current boredom that is Bills Football.

The last two days you've been nothing but piss and vinegar, juice. calm down now.

Go back to just reading all the "legitimate" stories and skip out on reading a message board if you don't like speculation or clicking blue links to read other stories.

Nighthawk
12-31-2009, 09:55 AM
Pssstttt...this is a message board...just sayin'

Commissioner
12-31-2009, 10:05 AM

Dude... you need to relax... you act like someone has done something to you personally...

If it bothers you and you don't want to believe it... then ignore it and move on with your life instead of bashing someone.

WeAreArthurMoates
12-31-2009, 10:13 AM
Dude... you need to relax... you act like someone has done something to you personally...

If it bothers you and you don't want to believe it... then ignore it and move on with your life instead of bashing someone.

Well it's easy for people to feel tough on a message board behind a computer. It's a different story if this guy was man enough to say this face to face.

TedMock
12-31-2009, 10:17 AM
Keep doing what you're doing Sal. I am always pessimistic about these stories, but you have proven legitimacy in the past, so you get the benefit of the doubt. Yes, I know with absolute certainty that you updated us on T.O. before any network because I was skeptical and scoured the usual internet sites for almost two hours before anything was "broken." You will always have some clowns who will do absolutely no research on you whatsoever and just discredit you. Don't worry about them, don't try to prove yourself to them. they are worthless, over-opinionated, angry people. It's sad. Maybe they just need a hug! ha! You just keep trucking and as long as you're not making false claims, you will continue to get people watching.

hydro
12-31-2009, 10:19 AM

He is just mad because he is wrong and doesn't like it. He is going out of his way to make people look bad because they are doing a great job of making a name for themselves.

Coach Sal
01-03-2010, 10:18 PM
You know, I'm generally not the kind of guy who does something like this....so I apologize to those who find it distasteful.

However, after the **** I had to endure from this joker, and now considering the fact that he ran and hid and can't be man enough about it to even shown up since any other reports surfaced verifying it......I simply have to say..........

....There is no story. This is just stirring up rumors and trying to get web hits and make names for themselves.

In the old days, reporters GOT INFORMATION from SOURCES and GOT TO THE BOTTOM of it. Now they just make stuff up to see if it'll happen. And the thing about this is that there was nothing reported. A phone call can't be proven right or wrong.

..... the facts are the facts and the facts are that there is no story.......

.....I can come here and spout off obvious things and make up things that can't be proven too. The Bills called me yesterday to be head coach. I'm interested and impressed. Same exact story......

.....its giving the target audience fake information to get web hits. thats the issue......

.....making up rumors on a web cam isn't work......

:rofl:

Yeah. How's that taste now, Juice?!

I still stake MY REPUTATION that Cowher won't even step foot in Buffalo. Or Detroit with Wilson for that matter.

Well that's that.

But to be honest, considering what your rep already was, it's not much of a loss now is it?

(once again, sorry to many of you. But this guy really gave me a lot of crap and, unlike Nighthawk or Demon or TypO, who were also very skeptical and public about it, Juice was unable to have a civil discourse about it and just pissed me the hell off. Those others were at least willing to have a mature discussion).

By, OJ. We hardly knew ya!

Coach Sal
01-03-2010, 10:32 PM
I was just informed Juice is "gone" for a little while.

Too bad.

But it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, either.

:)

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-03-2010, 10:32 PM
lol, sal rocks
oj has pits

camelcowboy
01-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Congrats on the scoop coach, but be humble in victory. Trolls like juice can stir things up and hide behind a Internet message board. You my friend are more well known and the brand your building is catching on nationally. Don't let trolls like juice bother you enough to start I told you so threads. Let the body of work u put together like the Evans extension and Owens coming to buffalo prove trolls like juice wrong congrats on your success keep up the good work.

justasportsfan
01-03-2010, 10:37 PM
However, after the **** I had to endure from this joker, and now considering the fact that he ran and hid and can't be man enough about it to even shown up since any other reports surfaced verifying it......I simply have to say..........

My sources say (and I really trust him) that Juice was forced to a month vacation. I'm breakin this news first ;)

hammerbillsfan
01-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Love it Coach :roflmao:

topher180
01-03-2010, 10:46 PM
You know, I'm generally not the kind of guy who does something like this....so I apologize to those who find it distasteful.

Yeah. How's that taste now, Juice?!

Well that's that.

But to be honest, considering what your rep already was, it's not much of a loss now is it?

(once again, sorry to many of you. But this guy really gave me a lot of crap and, unlike Nighthawk or Demon or TypO, who were also very skeptical and public about it, Juice was unable to have a civil discourse about it and just pissed me the hell off. Those others were at least willing to have a mature discussion).

By, OJ. We hardly knew ya!

Yes, you are, because you just did. Whether or not you want to admit it, if you go low enough to get in a pissing match with someone you "don't care about", and then try to preemptively rationalize it, you are just as bad. Trust me, I know.

Who cares? Right or wrong or whatever, who cares?

BillsWin
01-03-2010, 11:23 PM
As far as I understand, the Bills are the only team aggressively pursuing Cowher at this time and Buffalo is the only team Cowher has even agreed to meet with let alone already met with.

Just saying.

Coach Sal
01-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Yes, you are, because you just did. Whether or not you want to admit it, if you go low enough to get in a pissing match with someone you "don't care about", and then try to preemptively rationalize it, you are just as bad. Trust me, I know.

Who cares? Right or wrong or whatever, who cares?

I do admit it. It was wrong.

I shouldn't have gone there.

But I did, so I won't delete it.

I was just getting so damn tired of having to defend myself from so many people here and elsewhere. I mean, people on other boards were saying **** about me personally.....they don't know me. And after the game and the great show we had, I was feeling like I had to defend myself and sank to Juice's level.

Again, I apologize for the distasteful post. It was very unprofessional.

Ingtar33
01-04-2010, 12:04 AM
I do admit it. It was wrong.

I shouldn't have gone there.

But I did, so I won't delete it.

I was just getting so damn tired of having to defend myself from so many people here and elsewhere. I mean, people on other boards were saying **** about me personally.....they don't know me. And after the game and the great show we had, I was feeling like I had to defend myself and sank to Juice's level.

Again, I apologize for the distasteful post. It was very unprofessional.

meh. you hang yourself out there every time you post a rumor like this. Obviously when you are linking to your own web page you have to work extra hard to prove to be credible because the net is filled with loons in their pajamas who claims to know stuff, while making stuff up.

Let the quality of your work speak for itself. Even the best journalists in the world have people who don't believe a word they speak. Journalists just don't get that type of credibility.

I remain highly dubious of all online sources i see, yet you have earned a great deal of credibility with me; so i guess I'm saying "good job and keep up the good work."

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on your web page in the future. and good job on this scoop.

SquishDaFish
01-04-2010, 02:25 AM
Cant wait for him to come back to see his response but also Good Riddance. Sal your the man dont worry bro. Kid is just upset because hes not in your shoes. Someone must of stole his lunch money on a reg basis.

Throne Logic
01-05-2010, 09:28 AM
I find it amazing that posters like Juice are so zealous about disproving and undercutting other posters.

Isn't the point of a message board to allow fans to share opinions, rumors, and speculation? This is NOT supposed to be a News Forum.

I am so friggin' tired of the one word responses of "Link?" to every damn post with some simple speculation. Jeez people. Go to FOX, or ESPN, or some other talking head site if all you can deal with is factual News.

Most of us appreciate any speculation that might have any basis in fact beyond our own imaginations. Posters like Sal and Pat and Ingtar generally do have some real link into what is actually going on. I, for one, appreciate any info or insight they may provide for us. That is what keeps me refreshing here.

What threatens to drive me away is the incredible negativism in response to anything posted. It's why I do not start many threads. This site is my brief break from all the crap that real life brings. I don't need to see it here, too.

So, thank you to all who do have real info / insight and share it with us. And thank you to all those who don't have any real info (like me) but just post well thought out speculation and opinions. May the bashers not bring us down to far.

mybills
01-05-2010, 09:56 AM
When someone tells me...."you think ____", I demand a link. :D

MidnightVoice
01-05-2010, 10:13 AM
Coach Sal is cool

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-05-2010, 10:24 AM
THE ONLY STORY is that the Bills have been approaching him. This was reported a month ago when we also approached Shanahan.

There is no story. This is just stirring up rumors and trying to get web hits and make names for themselves.

You're being a super buzz kill right now

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-05-2010, 10:28 AM

Schefter:

Thanks for the info dude:beers: