X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Schefter address Bills/Cowher

Hopefully, this is enough for some people to corroborate what I reported originally:

Schefter:
    "Here's the deal. I think the Buffalo Bills have made repeated overtures to Bill Cowher, and they keep coming after him.....and they keep pursuing him.....and it's the kind of thing where they're not going to take 'no' for an answer. It's not unlike what's happened with Mike Shanahan and Buffalo. And so, they're going big game hunting, and they're trying to draw in one of these big name coaches.......I still think they're going to have a hard time luring one of the big guys to Buffalo in the end."

"...Everyone I've spoken to said he wants to come back next year."

Went on to talk about his lack of options. Mentioned only two other teams - Tampa and Carolina - just as I did. Said Tampa "might be an option, and I think would be his number-one option."

Said Tampa is the most logical fit for Cowher.

"I ultimately just don't see Bill Cowher taking a job in Buffalo. I just don't see him waiting around, waiting around, waiting around, turning down opportunities, and then saying 'Buffalo's the one I'm picking.' "

These are direct quotes from Schefter on Mike and Mike this morning.

Not bad for some guy with a web cam and a mic who does a show from his parent's basement, huh?

Is this enough to confirm the same story I reported?

If so, maybe a few of you can spread the word to a few other places you go to?! I will be in and out most of the day.

Hope everyone has a safe and healthy and Happy New Year!!
    Last edited by Coach Sal; 12-31-2009, 09:15 AM.
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • The Juice Is Loose
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2009

Re: Schefter address Bills/Cowher

"I ultimately just don't see Bill Cowher taking a job in Buffalo. I just don't see him waiting around, waiting around, waiting around, turning down opportunities, and then saying 'Buffalo's the one I'm picking.' "

where in this piece is there the words "Cowher" "Interested" and "Buffalo" come in?

he basically shoots your report down. john clayton and adam schefter are reporting that cowher won't come here.

Tampa "might be an option, and I think would be his number-one option."

Again. Where, besides your web cam, has ANYBODY said that BILL COWHER is INTERESTED in the BUFFALO BILLS COACHING JOB?!?!?!?!

NO WHERE!

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Until I see Bill Cowher at a Bills Press Conference I am not believing it.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Feb 2009

THE ONLY STORY is that the Bills have been approaching him. This was reported a month ago when we also approached Shanahan.

There is no story. This is just stirring up rumors and trying to get web hits and make names for themselves.

In the old days, reporters GOT INFORMATION from SOURCES and GOT TO THE BOTTOM of it. Now they just make stuff up to see if it'll happen. And the thing about this is that there was nothing reported. A phone call can't be proven right or wrong.

I still stake MY REPUTATION that Cowher won't even step foot in Buffalo. Or Detroit with Wilson for that matter.

Comment

• Coach Sal
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by The Juice Is Loose

where in this piece is there the words "Cowher" "Interested" and "Buffalo" come in?

he basically shoots your report down. john clayton and adam schefter are reporting that cowher won't come here.

Tampa "might be an option, and I think would be his number-one option."

Again. Where, besides your web cam, has ANYBODY said that BILL COWHER is INTERESTED in the BUFFALO BILLS COACHING JOB?!?!?!?!

NO WHERE!
          Yeah. Because everyone who's NOT interested just keeps taking the time and energy to listen to people they are not interested in, right?

I've learned some people will reach for anything to discredit me.

But you keep going on with your bad self, OJ.
          Click to listen:

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Comment

• mikemac2001
            is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Coach Sal
            Hopefully, this is enough for some people to corroborate what I reported originally:

Schefter:
            "Here's the deal. I think the Buffalo Bills have made repeated overtures to Bill Cowher, and they keep coming after him.....and they keep pursuing him.....and it's the kind of thing where they're not going to take 'no' for an answer. It's not unlike what's happened with Mike Shanahan and Buffalo. And so, they're going big game hunting, and they're trying to draw in one of these big name coaches.......I still think they're going to have a hard time luring one of the big guys to Buffalo in the end."

Went on to talk about his lack of options. Mentioned only two other teams - Tampa and Carolina - just as I did. Said Tampa "might be an option, and I think would be his number-one option."

Not bad for some guy with a web cam and a mic who does a show from his parent's basement, huh?

If so, maybe a few of you can spread the word to a few other places you go to?! I will be in and out most of the day.

haha good stuff sal keep up good work

MUCK
            FIAMI

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mikemac2001

haha good stuff sal keep up good work
              making up rumors on a web cam isn't work.

Comment

• Coach Sal
                • Aug 2006

Yep. I made up the Bills interest in TO and Lee Evans' contract extension, too.

Oh, wait. Those things actually happened.

Face it.

You are losing WAY more credibility by the post, compared to everything you try to do to discredit me.
                Click to listen:

Comment

• realdealryan
                  realdealrex
                  • Nov 2005

What do you mean?

Comment

• T-Long
                    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                    • Sep 2003

Schefter:

just another reason why you are as credible as anybody that is out there...which is why I will continue to plug your show and help get ur name out as much as I can.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                      is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                      • Mar 2003

Rumor or not

sal has been right more times then not

and people are backing it.

It doesn't mean cowher will sign he is just saying there are talks and interest between the parties

and juice go create another username (can we ban IP?)

MUCK
                      FIAMI

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

it seems that Sal has the contrarian viewpoint on what most talking heads have to say about this. but like Promotherobot said in a different thread, the claytons and Schefter's are saying, "this doesn't make sense to me" and "I just don't think..."

I don't know Sal personally, but i've seen his show and I know he doesn't post a ton of garbage of what he simply thinks. The guy used a source and provided a story line. And at this point, that has more credibility than what other people simply wish to think.

Just because cowher said some nice things and isn't writing off buffalo doesn't mean he's a lock. but i get the sense that the bills are still trying. and prior to this Sal story, i got the sense that Bills had zero idea of what they wanted. they wanted Mike real bad and that was it. now i get the sense that the team wants modrak to reel in Cowher as plan A. if that falls apart, i am guessing they may have a GM first plan that they'll work on.

but it seems like as long as they think they've got a chance at cowher, they're going to go for cowher.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by T-Long
                          just another reason why you are as credible as anybody that is out there...which is why I will continue to plug your show and help get ur name out as much as I can.
                          because he can paste shefter refuting his story?

my god are you guys blind deaf stupid or all 3?

NO WHERE does it say that COWHER is interested in the BILLS.

in fact, it says the EXACT ****ING OPPOSITE!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Face it.

You are losing WAY more credibility by the post, compared to everything you try to do to discredit me.
                            Don't even bother man, he's accomplishing exactly what he wants to everytime you post a response to him.

You're not a rookie. You know you're never going to please everyone no matter what ya do, so don't even pay him no mind.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Feb 2009

Face it.

LOL, everywhere on the internet says foxnews broke TO.

Lee Evans was negotiating an extension for a year and half. It was obvious.

I can come here and spout off obvious things and make up things that can't be proven too. The Bills called me yesterday to be head coach. I'm interested and impressed. Same exact story.

Comment

Working...
                              X