PDA

View Full Version : Ralph is the "frugal semi-billionaire"

billistic
12-31-2009, 10:21 AM
The guy (or his estate) is likely to realize somewhere around $700-900 million upon sale of the franchise that he bought for about $25,000. About a 30,000-fold return. Good for him.

On the other hand, he has out-frugaled the team with his cash-to-cap policy and his penchant for hiring coaches on the cheap.

In the "me-too" league, many owners buy a branch off one of the premier, insider coaching trees, such as the Walsh tree:

Bill Walsh > Holgrem, Hackett, Seifert, Green > Reid, Childress, McCarthy, Kubiak, Fisher, Del Rio, Linehan, Lovie Smith, Tomlin, etc.

Instead, Ralph goes small time for his coaches, and the Bills look like amateurs for decades. He goes for "outsiders".

Think there's a correlation here?

Nighthawk
12-31-2009, 10:25 AM
We all know that Ralph sucks and has sucked as an owner for most of the time this franchise has been in Buffalo. I'm not sure why you felt the need to point this out again?

billistic
12-31-2009, 10:35 AM
We all know that Ralph sucks and has sucked as an owner for most of the time this franchise has been in Buffalo. I'm not sure why you felt the need to point this out again?

Not that you deserve an explanation from me, but after having to watch this azz-clown's teams flounder about since 1960, it's somewhat of a catharsis to get some of the bile off my chest. The man farms Buffalo for half a century, gets into the HOF, and his teams only get worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dib2-HBsF08

Get up out of your chairs!

Nighthawk
12-31-2009, 10:37 AM
Again, I/we already know this....

billistic
12-31-2009, 10:39 AM
Again, I/we already know this....

Duly noted (again). Who do you suppose cares what you already know or don't know?

Nighthawk
12-31-2009, 10:45 AM
Duly noted (again). Who do you suppose cares what you already know or don't know?

Hopefully you...try to understand that people already are aware of the problems with Ralph...we don't need to be reminded. We talk about it here on a daily basis, just open a thread and you'll see.

Historian
12-31-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm hoping this is the end of that thinking.

I mean, at 91, it's all about legacy, right?

billistic
12-31-2009, 11:08 AM
Hopefully you...try to understand that people already are aware of the problems with Ralph...we don't need to be reminded. We talk about it here on a daily basis, just open a thread and you'll see.

So...in the direct prelude to changing the management and coaching staff of his team, YOU don't think that reviewing Ralph's history of decision-making is an appropriate topic for discussion...lovely...

BTW, who exactly put you in charge as the hall monitor of ideas? Someone brighter than you would have been a far better choice.

Griff
12-31-2009, 11:27 AM
are we talking about he same owner who over paid for Dockery and Walker, and who extended Lee last year before picking up an expensive FA in Owens?

trapezeus
12-31-2009, 11:44 AM
you may have picked one of the worst days to start this thread, if he names a GM that is designed to pull in cowher. just saying

billistic
12-31-2009, 12:26 PM
you may have picked one of the worst days to start this thread, if he names a GM that is designed to pull in cowher. just saying

Anything but the same ol' would be a joy to behold...

billistic
12-31-2009, 12:32 PM
are we talking about he same owner who over paid for Dockery and Walker, and who extended Lee last year before picking up an expensive FA in Owens?

...yep, the very same sot who also signed and then re-signed Dick Jauron (after Mike Mularkey jumped ship to get away from Marv's leper colony).

billistic
12-31-2009, 12:40 PM
Ralph has spent to the cap limit for at least the last three seasons. There's no way to know how much he doles out in bonuses. Spending stupidly based upon decisions guided by relatively ignorant, cheaply-hired staff is worse than being cheap.

The Bills have been slightly below the middle of the pack in terms of the ratio of wins per season versus moneys spent on players' salaries. However they've gotten pitifully little bag for their buck.

The Colts (...Bill Polian) has gotten the biggest bang per salary buck. Nice going Ralph.

billistic
12-31-2009, 12:44 PM
Oh, boy! Tom Mix is the new GM!

Fired by the Chargers, out of football, and now elevated to lead the Bills revival!

Makes perfect Ralph-sense...

http://home.comcast.net/%7Ezombiephilia/images/dawn%20exploding%20head.jpg