PDA

View Full Version : Nix just made one thing obvious about the HC

patmoran2006
12-31-2009, 01:58 PM
Next head coach will not be a first time head coach.

patmoran2006
12-31-2009, 01:59 PM
Nix's comment have SCHOTTY WRITTEN ALL OVER IT

BILLSROCK1212
very very true, and it's going to be someone with connections

The Jokeman
Let's just hope he doesn't have plans to bring Marv back.

Slim
I would LOVE Marty

Dying_-2-_Live
12-31-2009, 02:00 PM
Yep... Im liking that so far

Slim
Haslett?

YardRat
Did he specify NFL, or any level?? That's important.

Canadian'eh!
He said there are 3 out there with teaching...

Gruden/Cowher/Marty?

patmoran2006
12-31-2009, 02:02 PM
buddy sounds like he likes trent edwards

BillsWin
12-31-2009, 02:02 PM
He also alluded to going after a top tier coach first and foremost as a top priority.

patmoran2006
12-31-2009, 02:03 PM
Doesnt sound like he's high on FA agents either.

LOL, so long Owens

jimbohastle51
12-31-2009, 02:06 PM

i will agree, it is pretty obvious the who the #1 choice is if he wants the job.

THATHURMANATOR
I would be super happy with Schotty or Cowher. Either or.

patmoran2006
Yep.. Its sounding a lot like Marty Ball is coming to Bflo.

jimbohastle51
12-31-2009, 02:08 PM
Doesnt sound like he's high on FA agents either.

LOL, so long Owens

to be honest either is marty. marty and nix are big draft guys. but, the best teams in the league are built by drafting well and extending your own guys. that is the success path of the NFL. eagles (jason peters and asante samuel are the only worth noting people they have brought in, in recent years) , steelers, vikings (besides jarred allen who was traded for), colts, ect.

WeAreArthurMoates
12-31-2009, 02:09 PM
Ya I got that too, I actually liked what I heard from him. Called out the conditioning staff, talked of building the lines, and that the HC must have good assistants.

jimbohastle51
12-31-2009, 02:10 PM
Yep.. Its sounding a lot like Marty Ball is coming to Bflo.
that would makes sense why he was coy about how long the search would take. he is probably going to offer the job to marty and then give him time to make a decision and then his yes or no will determine the length of the process. there will only be a couple jobs open so if marty turns it down weis or any other coordinator will be easily available for it.

Demon
12-31-2009, 02:12 PM
Marty probably will get an offer. Will he accept? Who knows. Marty keeps saying he's not interested.

Pat, is this your opinion or through a source? JW.

Nighthawk
12-31-2009, 02:12 PM
Haslett?

I honestly would have to slit my wrists if that happens...that would be such a terrible hire!

Buddo
12-31-2009, 02:15 PM
What he did say that struck something of a chord, was that he felt it was better to pay the guys you had, rather than making big splashes.
The sort of signing that actually had his dabs on it this year, imho was Florence - and that was a good one.
I also liked the fact that he was quite insistent that the playing personnel decisions, would be pretty much made in conjunction with the new coaching staff.
He was also noticeably non-commital about Guy and Modrak. I believe he isn't going to mess around. If he thinks someone isn't doing it, they will be out of here. I'd actually be slightly surprised if Modrak gets the axe, as I think Nix knows now whether or not he's good at what he does, and as I believe he is, then I think Nix will want to keep him.
I also liked his take on what he wants from a HC, in terms both of teaching, and being able to assemble the right assistants. I don't think he's that impressed with our QB coaching.

bills4ver
12-31-2009, 02:16 PM
I read that Marty did NOT want anything to do with coaching.

Am I missing something plus how old is marty now?

Buddo
12-31-2009, 02:17 PM
Ya I got that too, I actually liked what I heard from him. Called out the conditioning staff, talked of building the lines, and that the HC must have good assistants.

Actually, I meant to mention that as well - the conditioning. Looks like he comes from the Parcells school of GM. Could be quite a lot of changes one way or another.

dannyek71
12-31-2009, 02:17 PM
I like him. All successful teams are built through the draft and augmented through FA. We've been doing things the other way for years and failing.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
12-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Remember Jauron had HC experience. I see Martz, Nolan or someone along those lines

Mr. Pink
12-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Mike Martz! He's coming.

jimbohastle51
12-31-2009, 02:20 PM

yeah, marty did NOT want anything to do with coaching before his old close friend an long time colleague got a job as a general manager. marty didnt know this was happening when he said that.

Demon
12-31-2009, 02:20 PM

Nope, you're not missing anything. People are just in denial and Shotty is our last hope for a quality coach. If not him, then Fassel, Haslett or Martz.

billsburgh
12-31-2009, 02:52 PM
Nope, you're not missing anything. People are just in denial and Shotty is our last hope for a quality coach. If not him, then Fassel, Haslett or Martz.
Do you have direct communication with Bill Cowher himself? I doubt it, so you dont have any more insight as to whether or not Cowher will be the next coach here.

Michael82
12-31-2009, 07:38 PM
I am starting to believe that it's Cowher. Why would the team announce this hire on New Years Eve? It doesn't make any sense. Unless the team is close to coming to an agreement with Bill Cowher or even Marty. According to Adam Schefter, the team is throwing the kitchen sink at him. The Bills know that they can't afford to fail here. They will do whatever it takes. I also noticed that Nix and Cowher worked together before and have a good relationship. Maybe that will help. Plus you also have Modrak still here right now. Hmmm....something is going to happen soon. I think it's Cowher. I think he's just waiting to see if Tampa Bay will fire Raheem Morris or not. If they don't...I think Bill Cowher will be announced as Head Coach of the Buffalo Bills next week and they will sell 65,000 season tickets!

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
12-31-2009, 07:43 PM
I am starting to believe that it's Cowher. Why would the team announce this hire on New Years Eve? It doesn't make any sense. Unless the team is close to coming to an agreement with Bill Cowher or even Marty. According to Adam Schefter, the team is throwing the kitchen sink at him. The Bills know that they can't afford to fail here. They will do whatever it takes. I also noticed that Nix and Cowher worked together before and have a good relationship. Maybe that will help. Plus you also have Modrak still here right now. Hmmm....something is going to happen soon. I think it's Cowher. I think he's just waiting to see if Tampa Bay will fire Raheem Morris or not. If they don't...I think Bill Cowher will be announced as Head Coach of the Buffalo Bills next week and they will sell 65,000 season tickets!

God this would be great, if Cowher came the Ralph would be sold out till 2014.

djjimkelly
12-31-2009, 09:35 PM
buddy sounds like he likes trent edwards

maybe hes the one behind gearing up for brohm.

buddy did just come back to the organization. and brohm is the new man at qb.

im sure its brohm he meant becuz i did hear it him too that he likes someone on the roster