PDA

View Full Version : another reason to believe that Nix will be drafting a QB with in the first round

jimbohastle51
12-31-2009, 02:52 PM
he has successfully drafted back to back elite level QB's in drew brees and phillip rivers. like them or not they are very good and there is no other talent evaluator in the NFL that has that credit to there name. not 2 like that. including the other offensive and defensive studs that came in those 2 drafts.

Nighthawk
12-31-2009, 02:54 PM
I have hope that he can be a good evaluator of talent, but then why would he have passed over Orakpo for Maybin? I know it wasn't his call, but seriously, isn't he the one who did the scouting and put together the profiles of potention candidates to be drafted?

mikemac2001
12-31-2009, 02:55 PM
drew brees was a 2nd round pick out of purdue

jimbohastle51
12-31-2009, 02:58 PM
drew brees was a 2nd round pick out of purdue
i know he was the 33 pick, the first pick in the 2nd round. they traded the 1st overall pick to atlanta for vick and took LT. they wanted brees all along as there QB. my point is that if he says there are 2-3 good QB's available you can bet he will take one of the ones he thinks is good in the first round.

DBrown77
12-31-2009, 03:01 PM
he has successfully drafted back to back elite level QB's in drew brees and phillip rivers. like them or not they are very good and there is no other talent evaluator in the NFL that has that credit to there name. not 2 like that. including the other offensive and defensive studs that came in those 2 drafts. There are no "Brees" or "Rivers" in the draft this year. I dont know why him drafting these 2 qb's shows that we will draft one in the first round.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
12-31-2009, 03:02 PM
I have hope that he can be a good evaluator of talent, but then why would he have passed over Orakpo for Maybin? I know it wasn't his call, but seriously, isn't he the one who did the scouting and put together the profiles of potention candidates to be drafted?

It was Jaurons call on Maybin. Jauron wanted to move Maybin to play DB

Griff
12-31-2009, 03:02 PM

maybe he drafted Maybin for OLB, can't blame him for what happened after he was drafted.

Nighthawk
12-31-2009, 03:04 PM
There are no "Brees" or "Rivers" in the draft this year. I dont know why him drafting these 2 qb's shows that we will draft one in the first round.

How do you know that?

DBrown77
12-31-2009, 03:07 PM
How do you know that?The draft looks like there are a bunch of average QB's in my opinion. No one stands out to me as a must have this year. I just dont think we go QB first round.

mayotm
12-31-2009, 03:25 PM
I have hope that he can be a good evaluator of talent, but then why would he have passed over Orakpo for Maybin? I know it wasn't his call, but seriously, isn't he the one who did the scouting and put together the profiles of potention candidates to be drafted?I think we should blame Nix for the Maybin pick, but not give him any credit for Wood, Levitre and Byrd. Isn't that how we roll in the Bills Zone?

HAMMER
12-31-2009, 03:49 PM
I hope he sees something in Brohm and gives him a shot in TC next year. That would allow us to focus on the O-Line and LB which are critical needs. We really need a LT and IMO that is it for starters on the O-Line.
New LT, Levitre, Wood to center, Incognito, Butler.
If he deems QB the biggest need then I am hoping it is Bradford, I truly believe he will be a star.

lmcshadow
12-31-2009, 06:09 PM
It was Jaurons call on Maybin. Jauron wanted to move Maybin to play DB
:lol: :lmao:

Philagape
12-31-2009, 06:13 PM
At the presser today, he went out of his way to say he'd like to see the current QBs with a better line. "Can't throw when you're on your back," or something like that.

Dr. Pepper
12-31-2009, 06:23 PM
The draft looks like there are a bunch of average QB's in my opinion. No one stands out to me as a must have this year. I just dont think we go QB first round.

um, obviously drew brees didnt stand out as a must have either, as every team in the league passed on him in the first round. just because you think every qb in the draft is "average" doesnt mean we cant land the next great.

Dr. Pepper
12-31-2009, 06:25 PM
At the presser today, he went out of his way to say he'd like to see the current QBs with a better line. "Can't throw when you're on your back," or something like that.

LOL if he keeps fitz and trent as our QBs im done with the bills.

not really, but it makes me feel better to say that.