PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER BZ REALITY CHECK

OpIv37
12-31-2009, 04:51 PM
Bill Cowher will not coach here. It doesn't matter who the gm is. It doesnt matter what Jim Kelly says. It's not happening. So quit the pipedreams and return to the real world.

Demon
12-31-2009, 04:54 PM
Thank god someone sees the light. The sooner we start planning our attack with Martz, Fassel or Haslett, the better we all will be.

Yasgur's Farm
12-31-2009, 04:56 PM
What's it matter what we think, or hope for, or express opinion on? Why does it have to become taboo just because you say so?

Dying_-2-_Live
12-31-2009, 04:58 PM
Rewind a little bit :
lets say its 1985.. and i tell you the bills are gonna make it to 4 straight superbowls to kick off the 90's... what are you gonna say to me?

Lets say its a year ago... and i tell you Terrell Owens is gonna be a Bill... what are you gonna say?

Anything can happen

Philagape
12-31-2009, 04:59 PM
You can have my pipe dream when you pry it from my cold, dead hand.

Demon
12-31-2009, 05:02 PM
What's it matter what we think, or hope for, or express opinion on? Why does it have to become taboo just because you say so?

Bills fans are like family and i hate seeing people get hurt. When my best friend's girl was cheating on him, i didn't keep quiet so he had false hope that she was "the one" even though she kept giving him wrong signals. I told him she's a **** and a whore and to move on. He didn't. Stopped talking to me. He found out and was in tears. Now we're friends again.

OpIv37
12-31-2009, 05:02 PM
What's if matter what we think, or hope for, or express opinion on? Why does it have to become taboo just because you say so?
Look down the front page. Every other thread is about Cowher. There is no news. There are no opinions- just a bunch of homers trying to convince themselves that the Bills have a shot at this guy. It's pre-empting the actual discussion of the team.

We might as well talk about changing the team logo to a magic pink unicorn and reanimating the corpse of Vince Lombardi to coach, because it's just as realistic.

Does anyone care that we have a new gm? Does anyone care that there's still a game left this season? No, apparently a good portion of zoners would rather have wet dreams thinking about the impossible.

OpIv37
12-31-2009, 05:04 PM
Rewind a little bit :
lets say its 1985.. and i tell you the bills are gonna make it to 4 straight superbowls to kick off the 90's... what are you gonna say to me?

Lets say its a year ago... and i tell you Terrell Owens is gonna be a Bill... what are you gonna say?

Anything can happen
No, it can't. The guy has no interest in coaching the team, and no one at obd can do the Jedi Mind Trick to make Jim change his mind.

Yasgur's Farm
12-31-2009, 05:07 PM
Bills fans are like family and i hate seeing people get hurt. When my best friend's girl was cheating on him, i didn't keep quiet so he had false hope that she was "the one" even though she kept giving him wrong signals. I told him she's a **** and a whore and to move on. He didn't. Stopped talking to me. He found out and was in tears. Now we're friends again.And when your friend wants to go talk to the best looking girl in sight, are you gonna tell him he doesn't have a shot?

Dr. Lecter
12-31-2009, 05:07 PM
Should I see if I can make a setting exist that makes all threads get approved by Op before they are posted?

McBFLO
12-31-2009, 05:09 PM
You people are incredible. It must be miserable being a fan like you. At least we can have fun with the speculation, the hope, etc. Being so pessimistic every friggin second you're awake about this team HAS to be exhausting. Do us all a favor and take a break from these boards if what they're doing isn't up to par with your obviously far-superior football sense.

OpIv37
And when your friend wants to go talk to the best looking girl in sight, are you gonna tell him he doesn't have a shot?
I would. Why let your friend waste his whole night on a long shot when the room is full of much better odds?

Philagape
Look down the front page. Every other thread is about Cowher. There is no news. There are no opinions- just a bunch of homers trying to convince themselves that the Bills have a shot at this guy. It's pre-empting the actual discussion of the team.

We might as well talk about changing the team logo to a magic pink unicorn and reanimating the corpse of Vince Lombardi to coach, because it's just as realistic.

Does anyone care that we have a new gm? Does anyone care that there's still a game left this season? No, apparently a good portion of zoners would rather have wet dreams thinking about the impossible.

Is not a fantasy far more interesting than the marquee matchup of Ryan Fitzpatrick vs. Curtis Painter? What's left to discuss about the 2009 Bills? This might be the most uninteresting game in years (and the one game I'm going to this year woo hoo!)

And I don't think there's any shortage of Nix threads.

McBFLO
12-31-2009, 05:10 PM
Should I see if I can make a setting exist that makes all threads get approved by Op before they are posted?
Please!

Demon
12-31-2009, 05:10 PM
And when your friend wants to go talk to the best looking girl in sight, are you gonna tell him he doesn't have a shot?

No. But Ralph is the "cheating" girl. I never stopped anyone in discussing rumors of Ralph selling it local and hoping to build a winner.

Anyways, i'm done arguing, atleast for tonight. Have a good new years eve guys.

OpIv37
12-31-2009, 05:11 PM
You people are incredible. It must be miserable being a fan like you. At least we can have fun with the speculation, the hope, etc. Being so pessimistic every friggin second you're awake about this team HAS to be exhausting. Do us all a favor and take a break from these boards if what they're doing isn't up to par with your obviously far-superior football sense.
What's fun about getting your hopes up only to be let down again. Fine, stay up there in the clouds. I'll be here waiting when reality smacks you back to the ground.

jimbohastle51
12-31-2009, 05:12 PM
i still have a feeling its weis and crennel coming, and i dont really think that is a bad thing. they are both very good teachers. and he talked alot about how important coordinators are, so maybe weis and crennel are a package deal?

Yasgur's Farm
12-31-2009, 05:12 PM
Have a good new years eve guys.You too.

OpIv37
12-31-2009, 05:14 PM
What's fun about getting your hopes up only to be let down again. Fine, stay up there in the clouds. I'll be here waiting when reality smacks you back to the ground. And I'm not pessimistic, nor do I have any superior football sense. Im simply grounded in the reality that you obviously can't handle.

New Ro's Greatest
Bill Cowher will not coach here. It doesn't matter who the gm is. It doesnt matter what Jim Kelly says. It's not happening. So quit the pipedreams and return to the real world.

And you know this how? You don't have a clue whats going to happen in the next upcoming weeks so let this just play out. We have dealt with terrible football for a decade so we never feel it will end but i feel it will. If we don't get Cowher we will get a great coach. Doesn't have to be a big name to make me happy. Just have a plan and make that plan work! GO BILLS:clap:

Demon

You call it pessimistic.

I call it realistic.

OpIv37
12-31-2009, 05:17 PM
And you know this how? You don't have a clue whats going to happen in the next upcoming weeks so let this just play out. We have dealt with terrible football for a decade so we never feel it will end but i feel it will. If we don't get Cowher we will get a great coach. Doesn't have to be a big name to make me happy. Just have a plan and make that plan work! GO BILLS:clap:
It may end, but if it does, it will be due to someone other than cowher.

McBFLO
12-31-2009, 05:17 PM
What's fun about getting your hopes up only to be let down again. Fine, stay up there in the clouds. I'll be here waiting when reality smacks you back to the ground.

I won't tell you that it's not difficult to be a fan of this team sometimes, because if I did, I'd be lying to you. I guess I just choose to not take sports so seriously and try to have a little fun with it and enjoy it as much as I can. And when there's talk about the team I love possibly getting a coaching legend on it sidelines, I'm going to enjoy it.

Dr. Lecter
12-31-2009, 05:18 PM
What's fun about getting your hopes up only to be let down again. Fine, stay up there in the clouds. I'll be here waiting when reality smacks you back to the ground. And I'm not pessimistic, nor do I have any superior football sense. Im simply grounded in the reality that you obviously can't handle.

Richard Simmons is not gay.

Rosie is not ugly.

Joe Theisman is not a dumbass.

McBFLO
12-31-2009, 05:18 PM
You call it pessimistic.

I call it realistic.

This pessimism coming from the guy whose signature says "Impossible is nothing." Too funny!

Dr. Lecter
12-31-2009, 05:19 PM
Realistic = Cowher is unlikely to coach the Bills

Pessimistic - There is no chance Cowher will coach the Bills.

OpIv37
12-31-2009, 05:26 PM
Realistic = Cowher is unlikely to coach the Bills

Pessimistic - There is no chance Cowher will coach the Bills.
Disagree completely. The guy has nothing to gain and everything to lose by coaching in Buffalo. It's simply not realistic to think he'd come here.

And there have been many, many times in the past where my suppsoed pessimism turned out to be reality. Yet, some of you insist on marginalizing me as a pessimist rather than deal with reality.

jamze132
12-31-2009, 05:31 PM
I would. Why let your friend waste his whole night on a long shot when the room is full of much better odds?
Besides, if you convince your buddy he has no shot, it gives you more of an opportunity to make the move!

TedMock
12-31-2009, 05:34 PM
No, son. Do not dream. Never ever reach for the impossible. Do not think you can be great when you're not even the smartest kid in class. There is no use going to college. You're only a "B" student. Don't waste your time & energy pushing yourself because it's just not in you to be great. Just take this lower-middle class job and be happy you're working. Back pain is just reality for people like you, son. goodnight, I love you.

OpIv37
12-31-2009, 05:42 PM
No, son. Do not dream. Never ever reach for the impossible. Do not think you can be great when you're not even the smartest kid in class. There is no use going to college. You're only a "B" student. Don't waste your time & energy pushing yourself because it's just not in you to be great. Just take this lower-middle class job and be happy you're working. Back pain is just reality for people like you, son. goodnight, I love you.
Horrible comparison. Those are all thongs that an individual can control and change. There is nothing any of us can do to change the fact that Cowher is not coming here.

Novacane
12-31-2009, 05:42 PM
wtf do you care if people dream a little? Is it hurting you? Let us fantasize until we find out for sure. Most of us know the differance between a dream and reality. It will be over in another week. until then deal with it.

OpIv37
12-31-2009, 05:44 PM
wtf do you care if people dream a little? Is it hurting you? Let us fantasize until we find out for sure. Most of us know the differance between a dream and reality. It will be over in another week. until then deal with it.
I come to this site tonread bills news and discuss the team. If I wanted to waste my time discussing bull**** fantasies, I'd go find a larping site. If most people know the difference btween dream and reality, you wouldn't know it by reading the threads here. I tries to ignore it but it has reached a critical mass.

McBFLO
12-31-2009, 05:44 PM
Nicely illustrated. Haha!

Novacane
12-31-2009, 05:47 PM
I come to this site tonread bills news and discuss the team. If I wanted to waste my time discussing bull**** fantasies, I'd go find a larping site.

There is no news and no one wants to talk about the pathetic team.

OpIv37
12-31-2009, 05:56 PM
There is no news and no one wants to talk about the pathetic team.
So then start a thread about how great it would be if we traded Jonathan Scott for Peyton Manning, straight up. Just because there's no news doesn't mean we have to talk about complete bull****.

And speaking of no news, didn't we get a new GM three hours ago?

Griff
12-31-2009, 05:58 PM

Sunday's game is the definition of unimportant.

Nighthawk
12-31-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm sorry, but unless they are going to hire a top notch HC, this move is a failure. It does not address the need for fresh thinking in this FO and it does not address the problem of Ralph being involved...Nix seems to be another lackey for Ralph. I'm going to wait until I see who they hire, but the more I think about this hire, the more I do not like it.

OpIv37
12-31-2009, 06:05 PM
Sunday's game is the definition of unimportant.
So what? It's our last one for 9 very long months. Might as well make the most of it rather than have wet dreams over unrealistic scenarios.

OpIv37
12-31-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm sorry, but unless they are going to hire a top notch HC, this move is a failure. It does not address the need for fresh thinking in this FO and it does not address the problem of Ralph being involved...Nix seems to be another lackey for Ralph. I'm going to wait until I see who they hire, but the more I think about this hire, the more I do not like it.
I agree that we need a top tier coach, n
but even if Nix and Ralph wanted to hire Cowher, they wouldn't get him. I'd rather see then use the effort courting a more realistic option.

Dr. Lecter
12-31-2009, 06:09 PM
I come to this site tonread bills news and discuss the team. If I wanted to waste my time discussing bull**** fantasies, I'd go find a larping site. If most people know the difference btween dream and reality, you wouldn't know it by reading the threads here. I tries to ignore it but it has reached a critical mass.

Like I said, maybe I can find a setting that would make all threads be approved by you before they are posted.

I have seen you tell people that if they don't like your posts to ignore them. Follow your own advice.

Unless, of course, you think we should structure this place around your demands and whims.

TedMock
12-31-2009, 06:11 PM
Horrible comparison. Those are all thongs that an individual can control and change. There is nothing any of us can do to change the fact that Cowher is not coming here.
I'm effing with you anyway. I wouldn't take a message board so seriously. I don't think anybody believes there's a high probability of Cowher landing here. It's not impossible, but it's also not likely. that is the absolute reality of it. We all know that. Let people enjoy a little fantasy now and then. It's fine. This will die off. Dreaming doesn't mean one is unrealistic. It doesn't mean one is undisciplined in their thinking. It just means they're okay with happily thinking of "what if?" As long as they realize there's probably a better chance of it not happening - who cares? You're a realist. You couldn't possibly expect to come on today and not think there wouldn't be a bunch of Cowher threads. Don't take it so seriously. There's a lot more crap in this world to get crazy over.

Philagape
12-31-2009, 06:11 PM
If I wanted to waste my time discussing bull**** fantasies, I'd go find a larping site.

You do a fine job of it here, and quite often.

OpIv37
12-31-2009, 06:13 PM
Like I said, maybe I can find a setting that would make all threads be approved by you before they are posted.

I have seen you tell people that if they don't like your posts to ignore them. Follow your own advice.

Unless, of course, you think we should structure this place around your demands and whims.
I tried. There are simply too many to ignore. At one point yesterday, 6 of the top 11 threads were about Cowher, and then it got worse today. If this is how it's going to be, there is no point in even coming here until either the Bills name a coach or Cowher signs someplace else.

Philagape
12-31-2009, 06:14 PM
MORE COW(HER)BELL!

MikeInRoch
12-31-2009, 06:14 PM

The only fantasy here is that YOU think you actually know something that you do not. You do *not* know that he won't come here.

OpIv37
12-31-2009, 06:19 PM
The only fantasy here is that YOU think you actually know something that you do not. You do *not* know that he won't come here.
Yeah, I do. He hasn't eve expressed interest in coaching, let alone coaching in Buffalo. He has a lot to lose and very little to gain by working for this cluster**** of an organization. And not one credible source has reported anything about the Bills reaching out to him or him expressing interest.

There is no reason to believe he is coming here except pure fantasies, and plenty of reason to believe he's not coming here. That's the reality. Deal with it.

Dr. Lecter
12-31-2009, 06:25 PM
Yeah, I do. He hasn't eve expressed interest in coaching, let alone coaching in Buffalo. He has a lot to lose and very little to gain by working for this cluster**** of an organization. And not one credible source has reported anything about the Bills reaching out to him or him expressing interest.

There is no reason to believe he is coming here except pure fantasies, and plenty of reason to believe he's not coming here. That's the reality. Deal with it.

So now Sal is not a "credible source"?

C'mon. You know that is not the case.

Nighthawk
12-31-2009, 06:28 PM

I'm not saying Sal is not credible, but he's not always right, so he is allowed to be questioned. Thinking otherwise is just silly.

OpIv37
12-31-2009, 06:29 PM

I'm not accusing Sal of lacking credibility. I must have missed that one amongst
the 37,000 other Cowher threads.

Dr. Lecter
12-31-2009, 06:29 PM
I'm not saying Sal is not credible, but he's not always right, so he is allowed to be questioned. Thinking otherwise is just silly.

No doubt. He is able to be questioned. And should be, as that is what MBS are all about.

But he is credible. And Schefter has followed on his report and surely he is credible.

Saying that no credible source has said the Bills are interested is flat our wrong.

OpIv37
12-31-2009, 06:31 PM
Even if the Bills are interested, Cowher isn't.

Dr. Lecter
12-31-2009, 06:34 PM
Even if the Bills are interested, Cowher isn't.

Do yourself a favor and listen to Sal's show.

Griff
12-31-2009, 06:38 PM
So what? It's our last one for 9 very long months. Might as well make the most of it rather than have wet dreams over unrealistic scenarios.

no thanks, I'll be rooting on my stud to beat Dickerson's record and get me my first fantasy title.

McBFLO
12-31-2009, 06:51 PM
I'm not accusing Sal of lacking credibility. I must have missed that one amongst
the 37,000 other Cowher threads.
How did the most recent Cowher talk even start up again? Oh yeah, Sal's report. And also, several members of the media have stated that Cowher IS looking to get back into coaching.

Face it, you simply cannot say for certain that Cowher won't be coaching here. It is unlikely, sure. But it is not impossible, like you've claimed it to be over and over and over....

OpIv37
12-31-2009, 06:59 PM
It's impossible. Deal with it.

HAMMER
12-31-2009, 08:29 PM
Not gonna happen kids, listen to Papa Opi. Cowher would rather have a root canal then ruin his legacy by coming to this mess.

X-Era
12-31-2009, 08:32 PM

You are probably right and all of us know that.

But, lets make this fun.

What will you be willing to do if the Bills sign Shotty or Cowher?

OpIv37
12-31-2009, 08:36 PM
I'd love for Cowher to be the next coach of the Bills.

I'd also love to have a Pro Bowler at every position on the OL and I'd love to see Nix get Polian drunk and trade us Peyton Manning and Dallas Clarke for John McCargo and Reggie Corner.

I'd also love to come home and find a free 2010 Acura TSX V6 with technology package in my parking spot.

I'd also love to win the lottery.

I'd also love for my wife to invite Jessica Alba over for a threesome.

But none of those things will ever happen. That's life.

OpIv37
12-31-2009, 08:38 PM
You are probably right and all of us know that.

But, lets make this fun.

What will you be willing to do if the Bills sign Shotty or Cowher?
Are you talking about a bet? What are your terms?

X-Era
12-31-2009, 08:39 PM
I'd love for Cowher to be the next coach of the Bills.

I'd also love to have a Pro Bowler at every position on the OL and I'd love to see Nix get Polian drunk and trade us Peyton Manning and Dallas Clarke for John McCargo and Reggie Corner.

I'd also love to come home and find a free 2010 Acura TSX V6 with technology package in my parking spot.

I'd also love to win the lottery.

I'd also love for my wife to invite Jessica Alba over for a threesome.

But none of those things will ever happen. That's life.

Not an answer to my question.

What will you do if they actually sign Cowher or Shotty?

X-Era
12-31-2009, 08:40 PM
Are you talking about a bet? What are your terms?

Whatta ya got?

No money, something humorous, whatever.

jamze132
12-31-2009, 08:41 PM
I gotta chime in here.

No one on this board should be questioning another poster's fandom over this situation. And no one should be questioning another poster's scepticism over this situation. We have all been ****ed over for so long, we should all be sceptical. I am and I consider myself somewhat optimistic.

When was the last time Buffalo had a "big time" HC? Maybe Wade Phillips if you consider him so? That's it. So of course we should be sceptical of what awaits us. There is a very, very good chance that Ralph will keep the status quo on OBD. If he doesn't and he makes a 180, out****ingstanding! I would love for nothing more.

It's ok to be a homer about wanting Cowher or another "big time" coach. There is nothing wrong with that. Cowher is my choice to, but forgive me if I am a bit sceptical. It has been too long since the Bills have pleased me in any way, shape, or form.

Just because someone is sceptical, doesn't make them any less of a fan. If anything, they may even be more of a fan because of their passion for the Bills. when you start to become numb, then your fandom is in question.

X-Era
12-31-2009, 08:43 PM
I gotta chime in here.

No one on this board should be questioning another poster's fandom over this situation. And no one should be questioning another poster's scepticism over this situation. We have all been ****ed over for so long, we should all be sceptical. I am and I consider myself somewhat optimistic.

When was the last time Buffalo had a "big time" HC? Maybe Wade Phillips if you consider him so? That's it. So of course we should be sceptical of what awaits us. There is a very, very good chance that Ralph will keep the status quo on OBD. If he doesn't and he makes a 180, out****ingstanding! I would love for nothing more.

It's ok to be a homer about wanting Cowher or another "big time" coach. There is nothing wrong with that. Cowher is my choice to, but forgive me if I am a bit sceptical. It has been too long since the Bills have pleased me in any way, shape, or form.

Just because someone is sceptical, doesn't make them any less of a fan. If anything, they may even be more of a fan because of their passion for the Bills. when you start to become numb, then your fandom is in question.

:clap:

Emotions are understandably charged right now, but no reason to take it out on each other.

Its going to play out however it plays out, and we have no control over that.

OpIv37
12-31-2009, 08:49 PM
Whatta ya got?

No money, something humorous, whatever.
We can bet zone bucks. How much are you willing to wager?

Btw, I never said anything about Shanny so let's do this:
if anyone other than Shanny or Cowher is the next coach, I win.

If Shanny is the next HC, push.

If Cowher is the next HC, you win.

How does that sound?

X-Era
12-31-2009, 09:00 PM
We can bet zone bucks. How much are you willing to wager?

Btw, I never said anything about Shanny so let's do this:
if anyone other than Shanny or Cowher is the next coach, I win.

If Shanny is the next HC, push.

If Cowher is the next HC, you win.

How does that sound?

10K, and an official "I was wrong" thread. No excuses in the thread, no back tracking, straight up admittance of being wrong".

Sound good?

OpIv37
12-31-2009, 09:03 PM
10K, and an official "I was wrong" thread. No excuses in the thread, no back tracking, straight up admittance of being wrong".

Sound good?
Deal.

hydro
12-31-2009, 09:08 PM
I attribute my giddiness for the possibility of a big time head coach on the Bills to holding a lottery ticket before you find out that it is a dud. Who doesn't think of what you would do with the money if you won it? Yet people still play and get disappointed when they lose. Some never stop though and always go back for more.

I am going to go out on a limb and say Op doesn't play the lottery.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
12-31-2009, 09:11 PM
Deal.

:popcorn:

OpIv37
12-31-2009, 09:26 PM
I attribute my giddiness for the possibility of a big time head coach on the Bills to holding a lottery ticket before you find out that it is a dud. Who doesn't think of what you would do with the money if you won it? Yet people still play and get disappointed when they lose. Some never stop though and always go back for more.

I am going to go out on a limb and say Op doesn't play the lottery.
I do sometimes. I know getting struck by lightning is more likely than winning, but someone has to win and you can't win if you don't play.