PDA

View Full Version : will nix building through the draft include

malo
12-31-2009, 06:42 PM
players like maybin who don't step foot on the field?

Did you scout maybin, nix?,

hydro
12-31-2009, 07:46 PM
I don't believe a 70 yr old man frequents a message board...

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
12-31-2009, 07:50 PM
Well Nix believes after 8 games they move up a peg from rookie to sophomore. With that said I believe his philosophy is to play young players as much as possible, especially high draft picks.

Al the Bills Fan
12-31-2009, 07:56 PM
if you knock him for the Maybin pick you must also give him props for the Wood, Levitre and Byrd picks

malo
01-01-2010, 12:22 AM
if you knock him for the Maybin pick you must also give him props for the Wood, Levitre and Byrd picks

Until Wood and Levitre amount to anything, I won't give him credit for anything. Just because they started doesn't mean they could have on any other team.

elltrain22
01-01-2010, 02:04 AM
Last year was a very, very solid draft, and IMO, I don't think anyone should write off Aaron Maybin yet, at all. He was a late bloomer at Penn St, and I truly believe its only a matter of time before he contributes on this team. All he needs is some better coaches, and to be played properly (LB'er) and he might be what we all envisioned.

jcdavey
01-01-2010, 06:15 AM

Did you scout maybin, nix?,dude......

name me one GM who has never missed on a draft pick

it's real simple, you can't

what the hell happened to football fans and unrealistic expectations?

you sound really really unintelligent, no offense

malo
01-01-2010, 07:47 AM
My point is, with the number of needs the Bills must fill, he can't afford to miss. Especially a high priced #8 first round pick.

justasportsfan
01-01-2010, 11:06 AM

Did you scout maybin, nix?,
I think Modrak was the head of the draft. Not Nix. Besides that , Nix was not in charge of developing players.

Brandon
01-01-2010, 11:34 AM
It wasn't Nix or Modrak. Dick Jauron had more influence than anyone besides Ralph Wilson and perhaps Russ Brandon on player personnel decisions.

YardRat
01-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Nix and whoever makes up the rest of the 're-shuffled' staff are going to have their misses. Everybody does, it's the nature of the beast.

jcdavey
01-01-2010, 12:13 PM
My point is, with the number of needs the Bills must fill, he can't afford to miss. Especially a high priced #8 first round pick.if he f's up the 1st rounder and hits big on the rest, it's not really a miss at all

it's a winning draft

you get bogged down with draft status, it's a common mistake

Mr. Pink
01-01-2010, 12:21 PM
dude......

name me one GM who has never missed on a draft pick

it's real simple, you can't

what the hell happened to football fans and unrealistic expectations?

you sound really really unintelligent, no offense

The franchises that miss and miss frequently, like we do, in round 1 are the franchises that suck year in and year out.

Seeing you're a Charger fan go look back a decade ago to how they were and you'll see that's one of the main reasons why the Chargers blew.

The lions, browns, raiders, chiefs, rams, etc are all bottom feeders because they missed constantly on round 1 in the draft.

If Nix was a big factor of the Maybin decision then yes there is cause for concern because it's more of the same that this franchise has done for a decade.

Griff
01-01-2010, 03:26 PM
you're right funtimes, missing on one player and drafting 3 starters, one who is going to the pro bowl won't help at all :rolleyes:

Mr. Pink
01-01-2010, 03:33 PM
you're right funtimes, missing on one player and drafting 3 starters, one who is going to the pro bowl won't help at all :rolleyes:

When you miss constantly on guys in the first round look what happens?

Look at franchises who drafted horribly in the first round the past 10 years and see how bad they've been.

There's a direct correlation.

When you miss that badly consistently in the first round you lose a huge impact player and tie a lot of money up on a bum. Plus as a franchise you feel obligated to let the guy play longer no matter how bad he sucks.

Three starters is a relative term. Just because they start here doesn't mean they're good enough to start elsewhere.

Nighthawk
01-01-2010, 03:46 PM
When you miss constantly on guys in the first round look what happens?

Look at franchises who drafted horribly in the first round the past 10 years and see how bad they've been.

There's a direct correlation.

When you miss that badly consistently in the first round you lose a huge impact player and tie a lot of money up on a bum. Plus as a franchise you feel obligated to let the guy play longer no matter how bad he sucks.

Three starters is a relative term. Just because they start here doesn't mean they're good enough to start elsewhere.

Well said...there is WAAAAYYYY too much rationalization going on regarding this hire. Too many people think he is a savior, but he is nowhere near that. He NEEDS to hire a top notch HC and acquire the talent or this franchise will continue with the mediocrity. Oh yeah, and he NEEDS to fire Modrak and Guy!