PDA

View Full Version : So when do Guy and Modrak get the boot?

OpIv37
12-31-2009, 08:19 PM
I like the Nix move, but I fear little will change unless the three-headed incompetence monster of Brandon, Modrak and Guy is slain. We know Brandon isn't going anywhere, but I think we can mitigate the damages if the other two heads are cut off.

YardRat
12-31-2009, 09:51 PM
Brandon has done pretty well with the business/marketing side of the team so he really shouldn't be going anywhere anyway. It's already been reported (speculated?) that Guy won't return and I wouldn't be surprised if Modrak stays on in the same capacity unless he follows Cowher to Tampa.

Edit: Actually, I think it's a given that Modrak goes to Tampa with Cowher.

OpIv37
12-31-2009, 10:25 PM
I don't mind Brandon in a non-football capacity. The guy sells us an inferior product every year, and we buy it every ****ing year. Makes perfect sense from a business standpoint. The other two need to be canned yesterday.

Nighthawk
12-31-2009, 10:34 PM
If Modrak and Guy are not fired, it's pretty obvious that Nix is a puppet for Wilson and somebody who he has complete control over.

PECKERWOOD
12-31-2009, 10:41 PM
If Modrak and Guy are not fired, it's pretty obvious that Nix is a puppet for Wilson and somebody who he has complete control over.

We just took AJ Smith's best scout, there is no way he would want to tarnish his reputation to serve as a puppet to a senile old man.

Nighthawk
12-31-2009, 11:03 PM
We just took AJ Smith's best scout, there is no way he would want to tarnish his reputation to serve as a puppet to a senile old man.

He's been with the Bills for a year...

PECKERWOOD
12-31-2009, 11:07 PM
He's been with the Bills for a year...

Why couldn't you just let me be ignorant in my own little world?

Nighthawk
12-31-2009, 11:15 PM
Why couldn't you just let me be ignorant in my own little world?

Because I want you to be miserable with me!!!! :D:

Buddo
01-01-2010, 05:30 AM
Modrak could well stay imho. I think it's a distinct possibility, if he hasn't been the guy making the actual decision about who to draft. I rather suspect that Modrak's recommendations have been better than who we actually took.
If Modrak stays, then I think the above to be a true statement. If there's any area that Nix will be solid on, it's in terms of drafting and scouting. If the 'writing is on the wall' for Guy, then it's probably fair to say that Nix already doesn't rate him. Where nobody is calling Modrak going, it probably means that they don't know how much influence he's had over the draft picks we've made.

HHURRICANE
01-01-2010, 12:43 PM
I like the Nix move, but I fear little will change unless the three-headed incompetence monster of Brandon, Modrak and Guy is slain. We know Brandon isn't going anywhere, but I think we can mitigate the damages if the other two heads are cut off.

Nix went out of his way to say he wasn't in charge of filling seats. I think that was a backhand on the TO debacle.

He also went out of his way to be non-commital on Guy and Modrak staying which is a good sign. No ringing endorsements like"these guys are taleneted, blah, blah, blah."

Luisito23
01-01-2010, 12:50 PM
I seriously doubt either one gets fired.

Raptor
01-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Considering Nix and Modrak have been friends for the better part of 2 decades now I think its safe to say he is going no where

HHURRICANE
01-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Considering Nix and Modrak have been friends for the better part of 2 decades now I think its safe to say he is going no where

I didn't know that. Ugh!!!

YardRat
01-01-2010, 02:47 PM

If Cowher lands in Carolina or Tampa, I'm betting Modrak follows.

Nighthawk
01-01-2010, 02:49 PM
I didn't know that. Ugh!!!

And thus the reason why this hire will not make a bit of difference. It's the same thing that been going on here for the past 10 years.

mark1126
01-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Guy was in the running for the GM job..they must think highly of him???

Demon
01-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Guy was in the running for the GM job..they must think highly of him???

Nah, they interviewed him for Rooney rule purposes.

Raptor
01-02-2010, 01:47 AM
If Cowher lands in Carolina or Tampa, I'm betting Modrak follows.

Maybe but remember Modrak has very little interest in being a GM. He just likes scouting college