PDA

View Full Version : Steve Mariucci?

ChristopherWalken
12-31-2009, 08:19 PM
There's been no mention of Mooch returning to football. Is he not even an option?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not sure I'm sold on Mariucci, especially after hearing about his soft coaching style....but...

Strong offensive mind that has coached some of the biggest QBs in the game. Ex -Golden Bear like ol' Marv. Only 2 (of 6) losing seasons with SF. 4 playoff appearance including 2 division titles and 1 NFC Championship appearance.

I know he stunk it up in Detroit but he had Matt Millen for his rotten GM in Detroit.

I don't know, just seems weird that his name hasn't been mentioned.

X-Era
12-31-2009, 08:22 PM
There's been no mention of Mooch returning to football. Is he not even an option?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not sure I'm sold on Mariucci, especially after hearing about his soft coaching style....but...

Strong offensive mind that has coached some of the biggest QBs in the game. Ex -Golden Bear like ol' Marv. Only 2 (of 6) losing seasons with SF. 4 playoff appearance including 2 division titles and 1 NFC Championship appearance.

I know he stunk it up in Detroit but he had Matt Millen for his rotten GM in Detroit.

I don't know, just seems weird that his name hasn't been mentioned.

Great guy and great QB teacher who didnt get to show his talent on a horrible Detroit squad.

Problem is, he was openly critical about Buffalo when we canned Dick mid-season. I cant see him touching us with a ten foot pole at this point.

ChristopherWalken
12-31-2009, 08:54 PM
Hadn't heard that about him criticizing the firing of Dick Jauron.

He does seem to fit the criteria and I have to imagine that if the opportunity presented itself he would heavily consider returning.

YardRat
12-31-2009, 09:59 PM
Mooch is a guy that was lifted above his true level because of talent he inherited, IMO.

Pass.

Beastie Bills
01-02-2010, 01:48 PM
I don't know.

I really like Mooch, but I don't know if he'd make a good head coach. I'd love to get him as an offensive coordinator, but I don't think he'd leave his NFL Network gig for just an Offensive Coordinator job.

Historian
01-02-2010, 01:56 PM
God no.