PDA

View Full Version : Henry Stronger?

WG
06-02-2003, 11:12 PM
:evil:

Mwuhahaha!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-billshenryreadyforen&prov=fanball&type=lgns

"It's going to be scary to see him this year," strength and conditioning coach Rusty Jones told the Buffalo News. "He's so far ahead of where he was last year because he was coming off the knee surgery." Henry emerged from the 2002 season in good shape, accelerating his workout regimen this offseason.

jchild178
06-02-2003, 11:16 PM
good news for us bad news for the rest of our opponets

WG
06-02-2003, 11:19 PM
Indeed!

I'm tellin' ya, if we use him properly, Henry will have an opportunity to break 2K. I'm thinkin' around 1800 will be reality, but I still think he has the potential and that our OL is that good and that, believe it or not, if reduced in role, Drew will actually help Henry achieve that.

What's more, Drew would benefit from Henry's running and hopefully be less prone to key errors. If GW/KG really do this right, all will benefit!

The_Philster
06-03-2003, 04:56 AM
That's the key. They have to use the talent we have correctly. That's something that GW has struggled to do since he got here. I think Keith Newman would have done a better job, for example, had he been allowed to rush the passer more than he was. I'll be interested to see how he does in Atlanta this fall.

Doc
06-03-2003, 05:44 AM
Like I said, use the K-gun formation and Henry will have a monster year, assuming he holds onto the ball better.

Ebenezer
06-03-2003, 06:11 AM
I want to be paid to work out and eat for 3 months...I'd be ripped.

Earthquake Enyart
06-03-2003, 07:25 AM
I hope he is using those hand squeezer things a lot so he can hold onto the ball.

Kicker22705
06-03-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Indeed!

I'm tellin' ya, if we use him properly, Henry will have an opportunity to break 2K. I'm thinkin' around 1800 will be reality, but I still think he has the potential and that our OL is that good and that, believe it or not, if reduced in role, Drew will actually help Henry achieve that.

What's more, Drew would benefit from Henry's running and hopefully be less prone to key errors. If GW/KG really do this right, all will benefit!

1800-2000!?!? thats just nonsense now even for you wys :D

Main reason Henry will never achieve 2000 yards.

This is what Eric Dickerson had to say about the most important attribute to becoming a 2000 yard rusher when Terrell Davis was on pace to break 2000.

He said something like the running back needs to be able to break long runs taking 10-15 scampers into 40+ yards tds. You do that by breaking tackles, eluding tacklers, and most important of all out running everyone with breakaway speed. (that obviously wasn't word for word but he said something like that, i can't remember exactly what he said on tv 5 years ago)

Travis can break tackles and run over people but theres no way in hell he's outrunning anybody especially after losing momentum from breaking tackles and running over people.

only way he'll be able to achieve 2000 yards is if we consistently rush him 25-35 times a game and avoid any injuries. Travis also has to prove he can consistently be effective in everygames. there were many occasion where he simply disappeared in games rushing for less than 60 yards.

cordog
06-03-2003, 12:32 PM
No wonder he got stronger, he was so broke before he signed his contract extension he had to get a second job laying brick

BillsOwnAll
06-03-2003, 01:40 PM
i think if henry stays healthy his whole career he will adventully become a 2k rusher. if he can get ihis average up to 5-6 YPR and about 25-30 rushes a game hell have it.(ocassional break away for 60+)

The Natrix
06-03-2003, 05:11 PM
I can't believe I never knew that Henry had knee surgery.

TigerJ
06-03-2003, 09:24 PM
I wouldn't write off the chance that TH could be a 2K rusher. He's faster than most people give him credit for. He's versatile enough to run inside or out, and we know he's tough. As many have said, the key will be for him to hold on to the ball. We've got the offensive line that can run block for it. If Bledsoe is not just saying things to be politiclaly correct in the Bills organization he certainly sounds willing to give up some passing yardage to achieve balance.

Tatonka
06-03-2003, 10:00 PM
henry was faster last year than he was as a rookie.. and it showed by how well he ran to the outside.

he has lost another 10 pounds and added muscle.. down to 212 now.. he could be even fast now..

they also said ricky williams was slow and had no breakaway speed prior to last season.. and he came to the dolphins, busted his tail, got in perfect shape, and look what he did.

Kicker22705
06-03-2003, 11:14 PM
All valid points, i hope he does prove me wrong. The last time the nfl had a 2000 yard rusher, they won the super bowl.

Throne Logic
06-04-2003, 10:14 AM
New question: If he dropped down to 212, will he still be able to run over would-be tacklers like he did last year?

colin
06-04-2003, 10:20 AM
It would be nice, but I don't think Henry has the breakaway speed.

If we turn into the Dolphins and run first and pass second, the cover 2 deep Ds will come off the feild and we will be running into a stacked deck. Our offence will once again rest on the strength of our passing game.

Kicker22705
06-04-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by colin
It would be nice, but I don't think Henry has the breakaway speed.

If we turn into the Dolphins and run first and pass second, the cover 2 deep Ds will come off the feild and we will be running into a stacked deck. Our offence will once again rest on the strength of our passing game.

Hence this years philosophy with a balanced offense. When they drop into cover 2 we run right at them, when they stack up 8 guys, we hit them deep on a playaction.

We got the talent on offense, and talent on defense, to dictate how the defense plays us, it's just a matter of how KG calls the plays and how the defense holds up.

Last year, although we had the talent on offense, we had a poor defense which allowed the opposing team to dictate the way we played. With us falling behind so often, the opposing teams dictated us to pass the ball frequently, and all they had to do was drop into cover two.

hopefully it won't be that case this year with our overhauled defense. we should be the ones dictating how the opposing team plays.

THenPitBull
06-04-2003, 12:15 PM
the name says it all