give me one good reason...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

give me one good reason...

why you think Weise would make a good nfl coach? I just dont see one...
    he sucked @ ND
    he was in the right place @ the right time in NE..... hell, I could O C with Brady as the qb
    so why do folks say they would settle for yet ANOTHER UNPROVEN COACH?
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: give me one good reason...

I want a proven winner but would settle for an unproven guy like Weis over proven losers like Jim Haslett that keep getting mentioned. His time at ND does not prove he can't make it as an NFL head coach. When is the last time anyone was successful at ND.
    You may be right that he will suck. I'm just saying if we are not getting one of the top names I'd rather have an unproven coordinater over losers like Haslett.
    Last edited by Novacane; 01-01-2010, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

I agree with Nova

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

I don't know that I necessarilly agree with you on Haz.

He's got just enough experience, to make him qualified, and he's still young.

With the right OC, he could be dangerous, ala Shanny going to Denver.

Try not to be overly critical of his time in NO either.

These last couple years aside, they're even worse historically than Buffalo.

In fact, the more I think about it, Haslett seems like Wilson's logical pick.

He had modest sucess as a HC
        He was a fan favorite here
        He's that perfect age where he can adapt, yet brings a old-school mentality.

Comment

• Nighthawk
          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
          • Jul 2002

Historian, you do not want Haslett...he's another Jauron. You will hate him as HC...

Comment

• DMBcrew36
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
            Historian, you do not want Haslett...he's another Jauron. You will hate him as HC...
            Seriously - I'm already extremely angry and distraught that Ralph and Russ Brandon didn't even bother to try doing a legit GM search. They settled for someone they knew, some of the same 'ol same 'ol.

If they get Jim Haslett, it would be like the last straw. I wouldn't spend a single dime on the Bills and I don't know that I would give a flying f*** about the team after that. I would just continue to watch games on TV, emotionlessly.
            Last edited by DMBcrew36; 01-01-2010, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Historian
              • Dec 2002

Im not saying I want him guys, lets be clear. He would be like 6th on my list. In fact, he probably should have been hired over Jauron.

But after 43 years of watching RW's decision making, I can generally figure out what he's thinking.

All I'm saying, is just don't be shocked if it is Haz, that's all.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Historian
                Im not saying I want him guys, lets be clear. He would be like 6th on my list. In fact, he probably should have been hired over Jauron.

But after 43 years of watching RW's decision making, I can generally figure out what he's thinking.

Now this I can agree with you on and his recent hiring of Nix is more proof that nothing has changed at One Bills Drive.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                  Seriously - I'm already extremely angry and distraught that Ralph and Russ Brandon didn't even bother to try doing a legit GM search. They settled for someone they knew, some of the same 'ol same 'ol.

If they get Jim Haslett, it would be like the last straw. I wouldn't spend a single dime on the Bills and I don't know that I would give a flying f*** about the team after that. I would just continue to watch games on TV, emotionlessly.
                  I know, but some on this board are already rationalizing the hire and spinning it to make themselves feel better. Like I've said before, if this hire was a precursor to them getting a Cowher or Schotty, fine...it was then a brilliant hire and they had a plan. If it doesn't end with a good HC, then this move was made to keep Ralph involved and make him feel comfortable...you know how he doesn't like to work with somebody outside of the organization.

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Historian

He's like 66th on my list. I agree with you about knowing Ralphs history but think it may be differant this time. In 29 years I've been a Bills fan I have never seen the apathy for the Bills that exists now. The Bills have to see and feel that and know they need todo something differant or lose the fan base. Am I a sucker for believing that? I guess I'll find out in a week or 2.

Comment

• Historian
                      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Novacane
                      In 29 years I've been a Bills fan I have never seen the apathy for the Bills that exists now. The Bills have to see and feel that and know they need todo something differant or lose the fan base. Am I a sucker for believing that? I guess I'll find out in a week or 2.
                      This is why Ralph surrounds himself with "yes-men".

People who have no inclination to tell him what he really needs to hear, ala Brandon. Most probably look at what happened to Polian, and understand what happens to employees who disagree with Ralph.

Here's what would have made me happy yesterday:

RALPH: "Today, I accepted the resignations of John Guy, Tom Modrak, and Russ Brandon. I want to thank them for their contributions over the past ____ years, but I felt a change had to be made."

"I'm promoting Buddy Nix to the position of GM. He's a football man, who's only been here one year, and has a pretty good grasp of the Buffalo situation, He will immediately begin the search for a top-flight coach to bring this once-proud franchise back to respectability in the league."

Unfortunately, that's not what we heard. We heard:

"We finally got what we've needed for a long time.... a football guy in here to run the football side of the business." "Russ and I look at the list of available candidates, and we didn't even recognize the names, so we promoted this guy instead."

Sorry, that's not good enough. Not this time.

It's funny. Wilson is always one hire behind the times.

Comment

• Historian
                        • Dec 2002

Sully summs this up more eloquently than I in his column today, BTW.

Comment

• Novacane
                          • Jul 2002

I'm not saying you or Sully is wrong. They could have done better then Nix. I'm just willing to wait until the coach is hired. Like I said, maybe I am a sucker for believing they are going to get a big time coach.

Comment

• Luisito23
                            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                            • Apr 2003

I feel really bad for everyone who's expecting Bill Cowher, or anyone who even resembles him...I guess some people just never learn.
                            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Novacane
                              • Jul 2002

There is a huge differance between expecting and hoping. And don't feel bad for us. It's only football. If they hire another loser life goes on.

Comment

Working...
                              X