PDA

View Full Version : Rules for hiring HC

YardRat
01-01-2010, 12:21 PM
I forget what the rules/restrictions are for interviewing/hiring head coaches during the playoffs.

Can anybody refresh my memory? Thanks in advance.

Mr. Pink
01-01-2010, 12:22 PM
The only thing I know off the top of my head is that you cannot interview anyone who is on a team that is still playing.

Nighthawk
01-01-2010, 12:24 PM
The only thing I know off the top of my head is that you cannot interview anyone who is on a team that is still playing.

True and you have to interview a minority candidate. However, don't worry about the next HC because if Ralph and Russ don't recognize the names, then they'll just hire from within!

Mr. Pink
01-01-2010, 12:26 PM
True and you have to interview a minority candidate. However, don't worry about the next HC because if Ralph and Russ don't recognize the names, then they'll just hire from within!

The Rooney Rule is taken care of by giving Fewell a token interview.

That could have already been done.

Nighthawk
01-01-2010, 12:29 PM
The Rooney Rule is taken care of by giving Fewell a token interview.

That could have already been done.

True, but with the hiring of Nix...they may just hire Perry Fool too!

Novacane
01-01-2010, 12:37 PM
True, but with the hiring of Nix...they may just hire Perry Fool too!

Those 2 would need secret service portection if the do that :rofl:

TrEd FTW
01-01-2010, 12:57 PM

The wise choice would be Chuck Lester. He was here during the glory years, has learned a lot and paid his dues, and is certainly ready for the job. I predict this team will be in the playoffs by 2012 if it's smart enough to promote Lester.

YardRat
01-01-2010, 02:52 PM

I thought there was some kind of league-wide 'moratorium' also to protect the interest of teams still in the playoffs, so they had a fair shot at hiring new coordinators, assistants, etc.